PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is basically an improved MJ

AirBonner
04-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Better 3 pt shooter, better ft shooter, arguably better defender. When people say Kawhi is a poor man’s MJ they really don’t know what they are talking about.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2020, 02:44 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/6e4480a0425174ca80ead46f2877acac/tenor.gif

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:53 PM
Leonard plays nothing like prime Jordan. He reminds people of the older Jordan. Peak Wade was more like a poor mans jordan. But worse off the ball...and a worse shooter....and defender. Better handles though.

Turbo Slayer
04-26-2020, 02:55 PM
Better 3 pt shooter, better ft shooter, arguably better defender. When people say Kawhi is a poor man’s MJ they really don’t know what they are talking about.

If you going to compare the 2 players at least try to compare them honestly. You conveniently left out things like mid range shooting, footwork, athleticism, slashing at the rim, longevity, and the ability to be a Ironman. All things that MJ is better at.

BenchMob
04-26-2020, 02:57 PM
MJ was basically a more athletic Kobe with bigger hands. Kawhi is like a less athletic Kobe(older Jordan) with better defense and bigger hands and less tenacity.

Turbo Slayer
04-26-2020, 02:58 PM

arguably better defender. MJ has 9 1st All-Defensive teams. Kawhi has 3 1st All-defensive teams. MJ was the better defender no doubt.

LeCroix
04-26-2020, 02:59 PM
People can pick on Michael easy easy. Just like saying look to Bird. Bird is better then Michael at Shooting, rebounding, passing, leader style.

Michael has the wins. 6 and 6 is tough to talk on.

Soundwave
04-26-2020, 03:07 PM
The fact that Kawhi is probably the best all around player in the NBA today just underscores how much Jordan would rip the current league a new ass hole.

Jordan is a better athlete, faster, more agile, and more creative than Kawhi ... Kawhi is basically like '97-'98 era Jordan but more robotic, less creative, and lower basketball I.Q. Not saying Kawhi is a low I.Q. player but by 97/98 Jordan knew every in/out of the game and how to use it, Kawhi is not on that level mentally.

A 1991 Jordan sh*ts all over that.

RRR3
04-26-2020, 03:12 PM
MJ has 9 1st All-Defensive teams. Kawhi has 3 1st All-defensive teams. MJ was the better defender no doubt.
Kawhi has only played 9 seasons, and in one of those seasons he played 9 games. In many of those other seasons, he missed significant time as well and/or wasn't featured heavily. How the hell is he supposed to have made 9 all defensive teams lmao. This is also a highly ignorant and lazy way to compare them as defenders.

Akeem34TheDream
04-26-2020, 03:12 PM
The fact that Kawhi is probably the best all around player in the NBA today just underscores how much Jordan would rip the current league a new ass hole.

Jordan is a better athlete, faster, more agile, and more creative than Kawhi ... Kawhi is basically like '97-'98 era Jordan but more robotic and lower basketball I.Q. By 97/98 Jordan knew every in/out of the game and how to use it.

Kawhi is taller, longer, stronger, a lot better defender(than 98 version) and better 3point shooter(Its very important in this era). And what do you mean by lower IQ?:lol Kawhi plays very smart.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2020, 03:20 PM
MJ has 9 1st All-Defensive teams. Kawhi has 3 1st All-defensive teams. MJ was the better defender no doubt.

You are not very smart.

Turbo Slayer
04-26-2020, 03:22 PM
You are not very smart. Lol. Insulting me? Please. :rolleyes:

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2020, 03:24 PM
Lol. Insulting me? Please. :rolleyes:

MJ wasnt even close to being "no doubt" better defensively than Kawhi.

He was at best as good.

You listing 1st teams is quite irrelevant.

LeCroix
04-26-2020, 03:29 PM

Jordan is a better athlete, faster, more agile, and more creative than Kawhi ... Kawhi is basically like '97-'98 era Jordan but more robotic, less creative, and lower basketball I.Q. Not saying Kawhi is a low I.Q. player but by 97/98 Jordan knew every in/out of the game and how to use it, Kawhi is not on that level mentally.

i feel the doucmenary is getting to your mind. Think to this, defenders of this era are big and strong and long on the perimeters, the 90 ball era did lack good perimeter defenders. but they had good rim protectors so you have to think to this. defenders on teh wing of todays game are goign to give trouble like

kawhi, butler, klay thomp, paul george, younger lebron, siakam, durant, it goes on but these guys are strong long and defend to the gong

Soundwave
04-26-2020, 03:32 PM
i feel the doucmenary is getting to your mind. Think to this, defenders of this era are big and strong and long on the perimeters, the 90 ball era did lack good perimeter defenders. but they had good rim protectors so you have to think to this. defenders on teh wing of todays game are goign to give trouble like

kawhi, butler, klay thomp, paul george, younger lebron, siakam, durant, it goes on but these guys are strong long and defend to the gong

No I think clearly going by your posts the documentary has you shook very hard, lol. I watched the Bulls play, several games live even, I don't need to watch some documentary about it.

For the stans delusional about basketball pre-2005, I can see why it would be a shock that its so popular. No one in 20 years will give one crap about any team LeBron played on.

LeCroix
04-26-2020, 03:33 PM
No I think clearly going by your posts the documentary has you shook very hard, lol. I watched the Bulls play, several games live even, I don't need to watch some documentary about it.

For the stans delusional about basketball pre-2005, I can see why it would be a shock.

how did you value pippen ?

KD7
04-26-2020, 03:34 PM
Pretty much, Kawhi is a better shooter and defender

Turbo Slayer
04-26-2020, 03:42 PM
MJ wasnt even close to being "no doubt" better defensively than Kawhi.

He was at best as good.

You listing 1st teams is quite irrelevant. I think they both equal.

HoopsNY
04-26-2020, 03:56 PM

What gives you this impression? Jordan, Dumars, Payton, Pippen, Robertson, Blaylock, Majerle weren't great perimeter defenders? Sorry but Durant isn't great defensively, never was, neither is Siakam. You'd have to go back many years for when LeBron was great defensively (2009-2014 maybe). Your best perimeter defenders are guys like Kawhi and Butler, but that's really it.

HoopsNY
04-26-2020, 04:01 PM

I can consider him a better shooter because he's a better free throw shooter by a margin, and he's a better three point shooter. He's also in an era that emphasizes the three and I have no doubt that MJ would have perfected his 3 point shot in this era. But MJ was the superior mid-range shooter.

I think Kawhi might be as good an on the ball defender and if he plays in the 80s and 90s, he can hand check which would make him that much more lethal and maybe even better than MJ. But MJ takes the cake for help defense. He was arguably the best at it and I don't think Kawhi has him here.

LAL
04-26-2020, 04:11 PM

Then every modern superstar is better than MJ, Magic and Bird? That argument can't only be made for lebron and his prehistroic game.. KD & Kawhi are monsters and about to tie him in rings, focus on his era, what do we do about those 6 finals losses with superteams? Getting shut down by his matchups in the finals? What about shaq, duncan, kobe winning more in the modern era? They all skip Jordan in all time rankings? Lebron skips all of them? I'm confused, what do you want?.

Soundwave
04-26-2020, 04:12 PM
I can consider him a better shooter because he's a better free throw shooter by a margin, and he's a better three point shooter. He's also in an era that emphasizes the three and I have no doubt that MJ would have perfected his 3 point shot in this era. But MJ was the superior mid-range shooter.

I think Kawhi might be as good an on the ball defender and if he plays in the 80s and 90s, he can hand check which would make him that much more lethal and maybe even better than MJ. But MJ takes the cake for help defense. He was arguably the best at it and I don't think Kawhi has him here.

Kawhi is a great player, a lot of people consider him the best overall player in the game today.

But that just tells me Jordan would be even better.

Love Kawhi's game, but he is no where near as dynamic, explosive, or creative as Jordan in his 20s.

It's not even close. He is down right clunky and robotic overall in comparison and much slower.

Monta Ellis MVP
04-26-2020, 04:14 PM
Op knows the most about basketball at our work.

r0drig0lac
04-26-2020, 09:39 PM

word

ps: this thread is a joke

Roundball_Rock
04-26-2020, 11:30 PM
Kobe was the closest thing to a MJ clone and even he was cover Jordan.

LukeWalton
04-27-2020, 12:12 AM
MJ was basically a more athletic Kobe with bigger hands. Kawhi is like a less athletic Kobe(older Jordan) with better defense and bigger hands and less tenacity.

this.
PJ went on air and even acknowledged, MJ is better than Kobe due to bigger hands

MJ, OJ, PJ gang!

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 12:38 AM
Prime Michael Jordan
Kobe's Killer Instinct
Durant's Jumpshot
Kobe's Post Moves
Kobe's Footwork
Wade's Slashing
Westbrook's Athleticism
Kawhi's Hands
Kawhi's Defense

Cyrus334
04-27-2020, 12:59 AM
You must be joking.

There's a reason people keep comparing Kawhi to Jordan and not the other way around.

Axe
04-27-2020, 01:40 AM
All that simply because of

Athletes in this generation are so far superior than in Jordan's era

Lmao.

Round Mound
04-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Prime Michael Jordan
Kobe's Killer Instinct
Durant's Jumpshot
Kobe's Post Moves
Kobe's Footwork
Wade's Slashing
Westbrook's Athleticism
Kawhi's Hands
Kawhi's Defense

Don't forget about his strenght. Jordan was one of the strongest guards the game has ever seen. Especially body-wise.

86Celtics
04-27-2020, 06:02 AM

You're a fine example of that.

Manny98
04-27-2020, 12:24 PM
Prime Michael Jordan
Kobe's Killer Instinct
Durant's Jumpshot
Kobe's Post Moves
Kobe's Footwork
Wade's Slashing
Westbrook's Athleticism
Kawhi's Hands
Kawhi's Defense
:roll:

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 12:33 PM

That's right LeBronsexual,Jordan had a polished jumpshot from the 90s,he could score on and off the ball catch & shoot.:banana:

Something LeBrick still doesn't have after all these years

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2020, 12:35 PM
I think they both equal.

cmon, you're just saying random stuff bro

you just said he was "better no doubt", now they're equal.

Turbo Slayer
04-27-2020, 12:38 PM
cmon, you're just saying random stuff bro

you just said he was "better no doubt", now they're equal. Yes its true I thought that Michael Jordan was a better defender, but now I'm not sure.

Kawhi would have greatly benefited in the era where Michael Jordan played because physicality was allowed and also that Kawhi has huge hands to swat the ball away.

Tbh, you could pick either to defend a player.

Turbo Slayer
04-27-2020, 12:42 PM

MJ has a midrange game comparable to KD. You cant deny this. Please. :facepalm

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 12:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0GqF2BkqmjgF31fy/giphy.gif

https://i.gifer.com/WRy9.gif

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/jordanearly3.gif?w=641&h=361

https://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Michael-Jordan-The-Shrug.gif?x27652

https://giphy.com/gifs/chicago-bulls-72-10-95-96-26BRNoCkTb1pDTX7a

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/73/58/e973582b1f0df0faeecd2a946695e5cc.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarelessPerkyJunebug-size_restricted.gif

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 01:12 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/cX220vKdQdfaw/source.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ReadyImpossibleCamel-size_restricted.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/64/ff/2f/64ff2f7bab808d384299a47a08929e7e.gif

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c5ab5918677572dd1f27694e4ce24c8b/tumblr_n624rlmIoj1s3gys4o1_400.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/c0/19/98c0194b1c2705dea96b644f20793b73.gif

https://i0.wp.com/share.gifyoutube.com/vO229P.gif

pauk
04-27-2020, 02:45 PM
More like a lesser offensively but more defensive Dominique.

imdaman99
04-27-2020, 05:38 PM
Stop with these troll threads. 3ball is prob banned, why even bother with this incessant trolling?

Axe
04-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Stop with these troll threads. 3ball is prob banned, why even bother with this incessant trolling?
Because it is their sideline. The more they troll or create these types of threads, the more they earn money. Simple as that.

RRR3
04-27-2020, 07:50 PM
He's posting on that trada alt.

Manny98
04-27-2020, 08:00 PM
That's right LeBronsexual,Jordan had a polished jumpshot from the 90s,he could score on and off the ball catch & shoot.:banana:

Something LeBrick still doesn't have after all these years
Did MJ ever shoot 40% from 3 or 90% from the foul line?

No so how could he have had KDs jumpshot

Manny98
04-27-2020, 08:02 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/c5ab5918677572dd1f27694e4ce24c8b/tumblr_n624rlmIoj1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Most pathetic defense I have ever seen :roll::roll::roll:

SATAN
04-27-2020, 08:04 PM
:lol

AlternativeAcc.
04-27-2020, 08:05 PM

You mean you wouldn't fall for that robotic, slow, telegraphed one-handed pump fake?!!!!

:roll::roll::roll:

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 08:18 PM

Today's defense is a joke compared to back then

Axe
04-27-2020, 08:20 PM
Today's defense is a joke compared to back then
That trust fund troll sounded clueless.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 08:32 PM
That trust fund troll sounded clueless.
Only thing these Lebronsexuals have proved to me that they are just trolls that have nothing to refute against anything that I have said or what any other logical poster has said.3ball dropped so much fax on them for so long that he has them thinking new posters are just alts of himself.

They cannot debunk that Jordan dominated his own era and LeBron didn't

They cannot debunk that Jordan has 6 rings over LeBron's 3

They cannot debunk that Jordan had way less help than LeBron when it pertains to scoring

They cannot debunk that Jordan is a better mid-range shooter than LeBron

They cannot debunk that Jordan led the NBA in scoring 10 times over LeBron's measly 1

Axe
04-27-2020, 08:49 PM
Only thing these Lebronsexuals have proved to me that they are just trolls that have nothing to refute against anything that I have said or what any other logical poster has said.3ball dropped so much fax on them for so long that he has them thinking new posters are just alts of himself.

They cannot debunk that Jordan dominated his own era and LeBron didn't

They cannot debunk that Jordan has 6 rings over LeBron's 3

They cannot debunk that Jordan had way less help than LeBron when it pertains to scoring

They cannot debunk that Jordan is a better mid-range shooter than LeBron

They cannot debunk that Jordan led the NBA in scoring 10 times over LeBron's measly 1
Lol i wish we can have peace here in ish but that's just a big wishful thinking i suppose. 😂

SATAN
04-27-2020, 08:59 PM
People who use the word "Lebronsexual" literally seem like they might be in the closet. It's the most insecure and immature thing I've ever heard among all the basketball bickering.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 09:03 PM
People who use the word "Lebronsexual" literally seem like they might be in the closet. It's the most insecure and immature thing I've ever heard among all the basketball bickering.
As if it really matters what name people use to describe delusional LeBron fanboys who think LeBron is the GOAT.I'm going to continue to keep calling them LeBronsexuals because that's what they are.They lost the right to be called by their actual user.

SATAN
04-27-2020, 09:12 PM
It's really not that serious :oldlol:

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 09:14 PM
It's really not that serious :oldlol:

Well gee you coulda fooled me

SATAN
04-27-2020, 09:25 PM
No, man. I'm not playing your silly little finger pointing game. Sorry.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 09:29 PM
No, man. I'm not playing your silly little finger pointing game. Sorry.

We don't have to play any game,just as long as you aren't a delusional LeBron troll.

Axe
04-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Surprisingly, both of you two guys have made your respective accounts here on the same day 8 days ago. 😂

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 09:42 PM
Surprisingly, both of you two guys have made your respective accounts here on the same day 8 days ago. ��

When did 3ball get banned? :lol

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 09:49 PM
3ball lives rent free inside his haters heads

Joindate: June 2020

"It's gotta be 3ball"

Joindate: September 2020

"It's gotta be 3ball"

Joindate: February 2021

"It's definitely 3ball"

Axe
04-27-2020, 09:59 PM
When did 3ball get banned? :lol
That's actually a long research you can find out for yourself. 😂

Welfarefan and the one he calls 'FromDownsyndrome' got banished on the very same day he got his most recent.

francesco totti
09-08-2020, 12:20 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?336340-Most-40-point-playoff-games-(Chart)/page2

1. Michael Jordan – 38
2. LeBron James – 27
3. Jerry West – 20
4. Elgin Baylor – 14
5. Kobe Bryant – 13
6. Wilt Chamberlain – 13
7. Shaquille O’Neal – 12
8. Kevin Durant – 11
9. Hakeem Olajuwon – 11
10. Allen Iverson – 10

I am trying to see where the hell is Kawhi?

bobopenguin
09-08-2020, 01:32 AM
lebron stans: "if i can get ppl to believe kawhi is on par with mj, once lebron defeat kawhi, then we can cemented lebron as undisputed #1 and his d*ck is all miiiinnnneeeeee, yum yum slurrrppppp"

julizaver
09-08-2020, 02:52 AM
Leonard plays nothing like prime Jordan. He reminds people of the older Jordan. Peak Wade was more like a poor mans jordan. But worse off the ball...and a worse shooter....and defender. Better handles though.

This :cheers:

julizaver
09-08-2020, 03:02 AM
There are few similarities - midrange game, big hands (palming the ball), both elite defenders ... and that is. The style are different, MJ at Kawhi age was playing diffently, he was the most explosive and athletic guy on the floor, highlight reel, leading the league in points and steals and regulary MVP. And finaly they play different positions (prime Jordan was SG, Wizzards Jordan was playing SF).

GimmeThat
09-08-2020, 04:44 AM
he'd be handing out 1+ block per game if he was

Bronbron23
09-08-2020, 08:52 AM

Are you on crack bro. I'll give you the 3 ball and defense is a wash but literally everything else is mj. Offense is alot more than just threes and mj was better in every othe area. Finishing, foot work, mid and post. Mj was a better passer although kawhi is improving so we have to wait to see how that plays out. Mj was a better rebounder. Stats are the same bit mj got more offensive which is harder. Mj was also way more athletic. He could jump much higher and further and he was way faster.

I like kawhi but he's not on mj's level. He watches mj highlights at parties and dinners for a reason.

Luka Doncic
09-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Kawhi is nowhere near Jordan.

r0drig0lac
09-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Kawhi is nowhere near Jordan.

nobody is close in any way

light
09-08-2020, 05:12 PM
He lacks MJ's triple double ability and every night consistency.

I believe Kawhi's first and only career triple double came as a Clipper, believe it or not.

Shooter
09-08-2020, 08:51 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?336340-Most-40-point-playoff-games-(Chart)/page2

1. Michael Jordan – 38
2. LeBron James – 27
3. Jerry West – 20
4. Elgin Baylor – 14
5. Kobe Bryant – 13
6. Wilt Chamberlain – 13
7. Shaquille O’Neal – 12
8. Kevin Durant – 11
9. Hakeem Olajuwon – 11
10. Allen Iverson – 10

And there it is

Micku
09-09-2020, 12:03 AM
They have similar post moves and ways to attack. I think Kawhi was studying MJ, so the similarities are definitely there. Especially the mid range. While early 90s MJ had great post moves and was god at the midrange even back then, old MJ was more refined with the moves.

But naw. Kawhi ain't a improved version of MJ. But he's the closest in terms of style of playing out of the guys today. But he's a slower and probably stronger kobe/MJ style. With similar hands as MJ.

But MJ was quicker, better scorer, better passer, and had more moves in his arsenal. MJ first step was crazy. And the hang time. He had more lift with his jump shots.

Kawhi is great tho. Like I said, the closest since Kobe to being like MJ in terms of style.

Shooter
05-22-2021, 10:57 PM

Fax

light
05-22-2021, 11:05 PM

Jordan was much more efficient than Kawhi in terms of production per minute. Kawhi spends more time not putting up any positive statistics, in other words. This is why Kawhi's PER is so much lower than Jordan's.

That basically means that Jordan was more active - he had a higher motor - which is one of the reasons why Jordan is much more decorated than the sleepy Kawhi.

Shooter
06-12-2021, 09:30 PM
Is Reggie Jackson his BJ Armstrong and PG13 his Pippen? I believe it so

Axe
06-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Is Reggie Jackson his BJ Armstrong and PG13 his Pippen? I believe it so
But ty lue is far from being his phil jackson

Shooter
06-12-2021, 10:58 PM
But ty lue is far from being his phil jackson

Great point, Axe.

kawhileonard2
06-12-2021, 11:14 PM

1. Michael Jordan – 38
2. LeBron James – 27
3. Jerry West – 20
4. Elgin Baylor – 14
5. Kobe Bryant – 13
6. Wilt Chamberlain – 13
7. Shaquille O’Neal – 12
8. Kevin Durant – 11
9. Hakeem Olajuwon – 11
10. Allen Iverson – 10

He is coming. Will be 2nd all time.

TheCorporation
10-06-2021, 11:32 PM
He is coming. Will be 2nd all time.

Nope.

2much_knowledge
10-07-2021, 01:05 AM
If you going to compare the 2 players at least try to compare them honestly. You conveniently left out things like mid range shooting, footwork, athleticism, slashing at the rim, longevity, and the ability to be a Ironman. All things that MJ is better at.

Thread killed already.

2much_knowledge
10-07-2021, 01:07 AM
lebron stans: "if i can get ppl to believe kawhi is on par with mj, once lebron defeat kawhi, then we can cemented lebron as undisputed #1 and his d*ck is all miiiinnnneeeeee, yum yum slurrrppppp"

Lol this is so spot on

3ba11
10-07-2021, 01:10 AM
Here's MJ running a confirmed 4.3 forty-yard dash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e5lj2qBwd8&t=07m58s