PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Rodman became an all star when he played for the Bulls??

Lebron23
04-27-2020, 02:08 AM
He was one of the most popular players in the 1990's. The nba coaches should have voted him as a reserve.

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2020, 02:20 AM
That's actually an interesting question, it's not like it was a murderers row of forwards being taken ahead of him

Vin Baker
Antoine Walker
Juwan Howard
Christian Laettner
Jayson Williams

While Rodman was leading the league in rebounds on the best team in the league

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:26 AM
Poor scottie, poor dennis, poor lebron. Why was 34 year old dennis only worth a Will Perdue in 95?

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 02:31 AM
Poor scottie, poor dennis, poor lebron. Why was 34 year old dennis only worth a Will Perdue in 95?

Same reason Jordan was worth a Pete Myers.

Lebron23
04-27-2020, 02:32 AM

Lal just got burned.

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:34 AM

Jordan could three peat with or without dennis. Pete myers not so much i think.

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:34 AM
Lal just got burned.

Poor lebron and dennis and scottie

LeCroix
04-27-2020, 02:35 AM

Call a ambulance there has been a murder

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:39 AM
Call a ambulance there has been a murder

Sad how much you love lebron, you can see it in every pippen post of yours. I think i'm going to start making some interesting lebron topics soon.

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 02:42 AM
Jordan could three peat with or without dennis. Pete myers not so much i think.

You tried, you failed. :(

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:43 AM
You tried, you failed. :(

No it actually happened. Lebron tried and failed.

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 02:44 AM
No it actually happened. Lebron tried and failed.

Trying to steer the thread into another direction. Somehow you never see people who are winning the conversation do that. :(

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:46 AM
Trying to steer the thread into another direction. Somehow you never see people who are winning the conversation do that. :(

Winning what? Pete myers?

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 02:47 AM
Winning what? Pete myers?

How does one win a Pete Myers?

97 bulls
04-27-2020, 02:48 AM
There were too many great forwards and his off the court antics didnt help.

Lebron23
04-27-2020, 02:48 AM

Without Rodman the Magic would have murdered the Bulls front court again. If they got lucky against the Magic. Kemp and the Sonics are gonna beat them in the finals

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:50 AM
That pete myers joke is winning, saying lebron tried and failed is losing? Traded for will perdue is losing? Him being 34 and unwanted is steering the conversation?

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:51 AM
Without Rodman the Magic would have murdered the Bulls front court again. If they got lucky against the Magic. Kemp and the Sonics are gonna beat them in the finals

They were going to accuire jayson williams in the summer of 95. MJ could three peat with horace as pf, with dennis.. so who knows with jayson williams.

Soundwave
04-27-2020, 03:05 AM
He needed the fans to vote him in and I think the fans wanted someone who could score 18 ppg minimum.

The league wasn't going to vote him in because of his antics. Doubt Dennis cared all that much, was a nice weekend to go out and party.

GimmeThat
04-27-2020, 03:14 AM
because his playing style didn't fit the WNBA mode, and women were complaining about prison food being too good

aceman
04-27-2020, 03:36 AM
He was very close in public voting - don't think NBA wanted his antics at game

IllegalD
04-27-2020, 05:36 AM
This LeBron23 pinoy f*g has been the most triggered little bitch since The Last Dance premiered. Every weekend like clockwork he's making these retarded threads because of how bothered he is about what this documentary will mean to how people perceive LeBron.

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 10:16 AM

Easy: Rodman was a cancer and no team wanted to touch him. The Bulls were in a unique position of desperate need but also a strong team culture with Jackson, Pippen, Jordan providing the leadership that gave them a chance to keep Rodman in check. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain. If Rodman went rogue, they would have cut him.

It is interesting, MJ played with many players who made all-stars teams but only Pippen did so alongside MJ.

Phoenix
04-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Rodman was a complete headcase by 95. He could basically be had for a bag of chips because most teams felt his on-court contributions weren't worth the baggage. MJ and Pip basically had to sign off on the transaction. Would have been interesting had they gone the other way,

Manny98
04-27-2020, 10:41 AM
Jordan ball for you

LeBron would have had Rodman averaging 20/10 and making the all Star team every year

LAL
04-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Easy: Rodman was a cancer and no team wanted to touch him. The Bulls were in a unique position of desperate need but also a strong team culture with Jackson, Pippen, Jordan providing the leadership that gave them a chance to keep Rodman in check. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain. If Rodman went rogue, they would have cut him.

It is interesting, MJ played with many players who made all-stars teams but only Pippen did so alongside MJ.

What are you trying to prove? Lebron lost finals with mvp caliber players, champions. Why didn't rodman make the all star team his 3 years with SAS? Shame on MJ for not helping him be all star and only winning 3 rings together. I have no idea why i'm replying to your braindead ass?

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 12:19 PM
What are you trying to prove? Lebron lost finals with mvp caliber players, champions. Why didn't rodman make the all star team his 3 years with SAS?

LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. MJ is by far the front-runner for GOAT. Why so insecure?

LAL
04-27-2020, 12:56 PM
LeBron, LeBron, LeBron. MJ is by far the front-runner for GOAT. Why so insecure?

Youre not fooling me, you said funny how mj had teammates making all star games without him but not with him?

Why do you make posts like this, and then "compliment" him when someone points out the bs?

Real Men Wear Green
04-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Society was a lot less tolerant of LGBTQ and people with mental health issues. He deserved to be an All-Star of course but he was too different for mainstream society.

RogueBorg
04-27-2020, 02:14 PM

You're right.

tpols
04-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Society was a lot less tolerant of LGBTQ and people with mental health issues. He deserved to be an All-Star of course but he was too different for mainstream society.

listen, im all for tolerance... but this is just downright scary.

https://www.startattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/outfits-tabloid-Dennis-Rodman-fame-the-Bulls-400x300.jpg

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 02:31 PM
Youre not fooling me, you said funny how mj had teammates making all star games without him but not with him?

And that has what to do with LeBron James???

LAL
04-27-2020, 02:40 PM
And that has what to do with LeBron James???

No dummy i didn't mention lebron. You're not answering my question weirdo :oldlol:

guy
04-27-2020, 03:02 PM
Do people realize Rodman only made 2 all-star games his entire career? And he had a 14 year career and only played in Chicago for 3 of them.

He wasn't as highly regarded back then as he is today. Maybe he should've been, but he wasn't. You can argue that Grant in the 1st three-peat and Kukoc sometimes during the 2nd three-peat were just as much or even more valuable.

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 03:40 PM
What are you trying to prove? Lebron lost finals with mvp caliber players, champions. Why didn't rodman make the all star team his 3 years with SAS? Shame on MJ for not helping him be all star and only winning 3 rings together. I have no idea why i'm replying to your braindead ass?

No dummy i didn't mention lebron. You're not answering my question weirdo :oldlol:

:lol

Real Men Wear Green
04-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Do people realize Rodman only made 2 all-star games his entire career? And he had a 14 year career and only played in Chicago for 3 of them.

He wasn't as highly regarded back then as he is today. Maybe he should've been, but he wasn't. You can argue that Grant in the 1st three-peat and Kukoc sometimes during the 2nd three-peat were just as much or even more valuable.
Have to disagree. Everyone on that second threepeat got s lit of credit. Rodman was widely regarded as the greatest rebounder of all time and also either the greatest or one of the greatest defenders. No one thought the Bulls were winning rings withou him. Defended Shaq, malone, Kemp and others. Massive star off the court. But he had/has some major personality disorder and was crossdressing publicly. Back then the former wasn't understood and the latter was scorned.

LAL
04-27-2020, 04:02 PM

Not as funny as you posing as a pippen fan :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 05:05 PM

:roll:

What a clown.

RRR3
04-27-2020, 08:06 PM
LAL:
https://i.ibb.co/z8JkBZn/F620-DA80-6094-4-EE3-95-A2-BB5-C64-EE7-B58.jpg

72-10
04-27-2020, 09:11 PM
That's actually an interesting question, it's not like it was a murderers row of forwards being taken ahead of him

Vin Baker
Antoine Walker
Juwan Howard
Christian Laettner
Jayson Williams

While Rodman was leading the league in rebounds on the best team in the league

No, it's not. Rodman wasn't that great on the Bulls on the whole; he provided little offensive contributions other than offensive antics against other players that got him early ejections from games, fines and suspensions from the league. While he was a great rebounder and provided effective post defense for the Bulls, particularly at the end of games, he certainly wasn't All-Star caliber.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-27-2020, 09:22 PM
Does averaging 5 points and 14 rebounds equate to being a legitimate all-star?

aceman
04-27-2020, 09:43 PM
No, it's not. Rodman wasn't that great on the Bulls on the whole; he provided little offensive contributions other than offensive antics against other players that got him early ejections from games, fines and suspensions from the league. While he was a great rebounder and provided effective post defense for the Bulls, particularly at the end of games, he certainly wasn't All-Star caliber.
Bulls won't have won without Rodman

guy
04-28-2020, 08:39 AM
Have to disagree. Everyone on that second threepeat got s lit of credit. Rodman was widely regarded as the greatest rebounder of all time and also either the greatest or one of the greatest defenders. No one thought the Bulls were winning rings withou him. Defended Shaq, malone, Kemp and others. Massive star off the court. But he had/has some major personality disorder and was crossdressing publicly. Back then the former wasn't understood and the latter was scorned.

Not saying he didn't get credit or wasn't highly regarded at all. Just saying he wasn't AS highly regarded. Him not making the all-star team means he wasn't looked at as a top ~25 player in the league. It is what it is.