PDA

View Full Version : Mutombo, Hill, and Houston. How many nba titles??

Lebron23
04-27-2020, 02:45 AM
Back in 1996 Detroit offered a $50 Million Dollars contract to Dikembe Mutombo, but he accepted the offer of the Atlanta Hawks. Detroit used that money to signed Bison Dele in 1997. Houston signed with the Knicks cause he wanted to play with Patrick Ewing. Grant Hill started to hit his prime. He just needed to play with more talents. These Pistons first 5 looks good on Paper. Mutombo, Hill, Houston, Dumars and Hunter. Were they capable of beating the Bulls, Heat, and Pacers in the playoffs??

Soundwave
04-27-2020, 03:02 AM
Would've been a pretty nice squad, but I don't think they're better than the '96 Magic, so they're not beating the Bulls.

Post Bulls run, maybe there's a good window in the East for them, but they'd have to deal with Shaq-Kobe Lakers or Duncan Spurs. I dunno know about that.

If GHill was healthy I think they make the Finals in 1999 and 2001 ... and lose both times.

GimmeThat
04-27-2020, 03:07 AM
the pick and roll would still had been left undesirable, your best bet would have been running up the tempo and turn Lindsey Hunter into a rebounder. Allan Houston could score in volume, but half time adjustments on maintaining paint scoring would have to be made consistently.

LAL
04-27-2020, 03:08 AM
You gonna let Hill play PF so lindsday hunter can start at the point?

Lebron23
04-27-2020, 03:15 AM
You gonna let Hill play PF so lindsday hunter can start at the point?

Otis Thorpe could start. Hunter or Dumars should come off the bench.

Phoenix
04-27-2020, 07:27 AM
Their window would have been between 98 and 2000, in other words that small gap between the Bulls breaking up and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. So are they beating the Spurs in 99 is the best 'what if' I can see here. They aren't beating the Lakers in 2000 had they gotten to the finals, and that was Grant's last pre-injury season.