PDA

View Full Version : The United States has fallen so far that our choices for president are... + rambling

Shogon
04-27-2020, 03:07 PM
A massively insecure egomaniac who often times speaks before he truly thinks that has no discernible value system other than self promotion... and a rapist / pedophile that has dementia and has no discernible value system other than self gain and pandering to the flavor of the minute...

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried... for ****'s sake. This post is going to be mostly just nonsensical rambling. I warned you.

The worst part of our presidential candidates is that they're a representation of us... and it may be that this type of division and extremism, at least in the media and thus into the soft heads of simple minded folk, is going to continue to exacerbate as time goes on. The most amazing thing is that while information has never more been readily available in human history, there are still incredibly large groups of people that remain ignorant to the highest possible degree and people that are more easily outraged now in 2020 than they were 30 years ago. Part of it is undoubtedly people have a more accessible platform to voice their frustrations mostly free of true blowback worry(read: a punch to the face) but a big part of it is self perpetuating tribalism that seemingly is exponentially influenced by an abundance of information. I suppose this isn't just a States thing... it's definitely a western world problem, but probably as extreme here as anywhere else I guess.

Stop treating politicians and political parties like sports teams... this isn't sports. They're not your tribe, they're not you, they're not perfect, they're not the devil... get over yourselves.

I think, perhaps, another fundamental problem here is that people don't like being told that they're wrong because everyone has control issues and being right is, for a significant number of people, part of their very identity. Being told you're wrong feels like a personal attack at its core level because people don't want to accept that their core views are incorrect, even if they are... because on some level people treat it as having a foundational incorrect world view. This is the reason for such polarization. Fragile egos. People emotionally incapable of admitting mistakes because their egos are so overwhelming that it would shatter their world to do so. It destabilizes the foundation of their identity. It's a mental health and identity issue.

Meanwhile, we're throwing shit at each other while our politicians are ****ing us in the ass without a rubber.

Buy Bitcoin, assholes. Buy ****ing Bitcoin. It's going to become the global reserve currency within two decades and you're all retarded.

Draz
04-27-2020, 03:14 PM
Donald Trump ran on this same platform and look at where we're at. We need to come together and admit either parties are done and are here only for themselves.

I agree we've completely gone to shit. I'm worried because I'm so insanely liquid in cash and I'm increasing by the week ($112k+) because I can't and won't park it in this economy neither the real estate.

Shit is really concerning. I don't trust the government anymore they're tanking everything. It's almost like we're inches away from our own personal hell.

Scrap both parties.

diamenz
04-27-2020, 03:52 PM
trump stans and trump haters avoiding this thread like the plague.

BigKobeFan
04-27-2020, 03:54 PM
At least i got my wall and deported a bunch of freeloading illegals. Thats a win in my book

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2020, 03:57 PM
“If you didnt buy Blades of Freedom, you have no right to complain.”

Simple as that.

Rolando
04-27-2020, 05:03 PM
Trump has plenty to talk about. He's been very active doing things....both bad and good.

Biden is a big ball of nothing. Democrats are throwing this election basically.

They do both suck. Biden just seems to suck more at this point. I guess the only thing that can save him is coming up with a charismatic VP choice. Someone who can take some attention away from him. His brain is fried and his records sucks. Throw in the fact that he has absolutely no platform or vision....WTF?

diamenz
04-27-2020, 05:11 PM
Trump has plenty to talk about. He's been very active doing things....both bad and good.

They do both suck. Biden just seems to suck more at this point. I guess the only thing that can save him is coming up with a charismatic VP choice. Someone who can take some attention away from him. His brain is fried and his records sucks. Throw in the fact that he has absolutely no platform or vision....WTF?

as far as the dems are concerned, as long as that vp pick is a black female, then they're in the green!

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2020, 05:58 PM

Of course they both suck. Theyre political parties. All political parties suck in practice. The only parties that are “good” are the ones that havent been elected, because parties always sound good in theory until you give them actual power.

The saying “if you dont do it yourself, it never gets done” is the bottom line when it comes to your own interests. You cant rely on govt and political parties and big institutions to care about your interests over their own. Ever.

We have a basic representative government because for some of the absolute bare minimum legislative needs of a country, it’s the only practical solution. But the mistake is thinking that “some govt is good, so more govt is better!”

That’s the pervasive mistake among the naive.

bladefd
04-27-2020, 06:01 PM

DNC learned nothing from 2016. If Democrats lose, it is on DNC.

Republicans.. Well, they made their decision getting in bed with Trump. It's win or die with Trump at this point. I bet Republicans will distance themselves from Trump and trash him nonstop the moment he loses or leaves office, whichever comes first.

tpols
04-27-2020, 06:32 PM
Of course they both suck. Theyre political parties. All political parties suck in practice. The only parties that are “good” are the ones that havent been elected, because parties always sound good in theory until you give them actual power.

The saying “if you dont do it yourself, it never gets done” is the bottom line when it comes to your own interests. You cant rely on govt and political parties and big institutions to care about your interests over their own. Ever.

We have a basic representative government because for some of the absolute bare minimum legislative needs of a country, it’s the only practical solution. But the mistake is thinking that “some govt is good, so more govt is better!”

That’s the pervasive mistake among the naive.

i dont know if you can say teddy roosevelt "sucked"... or george washington... or abe lincoln... or FDR or JFK.

Our candidates now truly "suck". It's like going from wu tang to cardi B.

because back in the day it was actually about political and general talent. Nowdays its just a reality TV contest with a million retards on both sides voting.

AlternativeAcc.
04-27-2020, 06:40 PM
Politicians suck and buy bitcoin becauz US on the brink of collapse n sheet

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2020, 07:16 PM
i dont know if you can say teddy roosevelt "sucked"... or george washington... or abe lincoln... or FDR or JFK.

Our candidates now truly "suck". It's like going from wu tang to cardi B.

because back in the day it was actually about political and general talent. Nowdays its just a reality TV contest with a million retards on both sides voting.

Talent for what? "Making a utopia?" Tell me which generation of Americans were all happy and healthy? Methinks you arent being realistic about what life was like when Roosevelt and Washington and Lincoln et al were president. Do you really think the uneducated hillbillies eating squirrels and dirt in the appalachian mountains, or the illiterate immigrants crammed in slums around Ellis Island, were analyzing sophisticated concepts of governance and voting accordingly? They voted based on whatever party their region/culture/community associated with. The masses were ignorant as FVCK back then. No different than today, altho in a way it's much more sad today because of how readily information and communication is available. But make no mistake, yesteryear's voters were ignorant rubes. Period.

If you're putting your interests in the hands of someone else, you can kiss those interests goodbye. Limited government puts power in your hands, big government puts it in someone else's. It's that simple. Being unable to use your power, due to ignorance, apathy, or lethargy, should not be conflated with absence of power. Limited government gives you plenty of power - if you develop your talents, prioritize your finances, create the right alliances. Big government gives you no power, and in exchange for them getting all the power, they'll give you some crumbs to keep you in a subservient state. Some people actually prefer that. It's more common with women, but some men also like to be sheltered and groomed by another and told when they can do this or that or where they're allowed to go, or whom they can hire or what they can say.

To each their own.

tpols
04-27-2020, 07:21 PM
im not saying the people back then were more sophisticated... but the candidates... very clearly were.

We're talking about commanders, scholars, and leaders of the revolutionary war, civil war, world war 1, world war 2 and much more.

Seriously... go read a john adams or ben franklin dialogue and tell me they dont totally and utterly shit on trump and joe biden scholastically. (and generally)

Elite people back then had much more disicpline and education. Today to be elite, all you need to be is rich. And daddy will send you through the ranks.

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2020, 07:32 PM
im not saying the people back then were more sophisticated... but the candidates... very clearly were.

We're talking about commanders, scholars, and leaders of the revolutionary war, civil war, world war 1, world war 2 and much more.

Seriously... go read a john adams or ben franklin dialogue and tell me they dont totally and utterly shit on trump and joe biden scholastically. (and generally)

Elite people back then had much more disicpline and education. Today to be elite, all you need to be is rich. And daddy will send you through the ranks.

I was reading both of them since I was a teen my guy. :cheers:

Of course they're more brilliant statesmen. It doesn't matter though. Just because they're smarter or more elegant than today's politicians, doesn't mean they'll be more selfless with whatever power you delegate them.

Franklin was running his newspaper in Philly at the time there was a big push by certain financial interests to switch to paper currency. It was a controversial issue at the time. Around the time Franklin published an editorial to his faithful, every-man readers about the benefits of going paper, his financial status seemed to get a little bit of a boost. Nobody knows for sure if the trusted "model citizen" took a kickback for shaping his reader's minds politically, but... he probably did.

Thomas Jefferson was a career "low debt, state's rights" advocate, but when TJ was President and France put the Louisiana Territory up for sale on Craigslist, Jefferson went ahead and made a massive federal purchase, though no power to do so had been established by the Constitution. There was debate in Congress after the fact about whether they should add something to the Constitution to make that sort of thing justified, or just kind of sweep it under the rug, and they decided that it was easy enough to just sweep it under the rug. Thomas Jefferson in general was actually a massive hypocrite, despite all his stately demeanor and celebrated proverbs and insights.

A President's qualifications are irrelevant. You're still giving your own power to someone else. What's the difference who they are?

SATAN
04-27-2020, 07:44 PM
The worst part of our presidential candidates is that they're a representation of us...

They aren't at all. They are a bunch of corrupt assholes working against the common good in many instances. Don't be fooled. Most of them don't give a shit about anyone anymore.

RRR3
04-27-2020, 07:46 PM
There's a reason I'm voting Green.

Patrick Chewing
04-27-2020, 08:26 PM
Trump2020!

Trump2024!

Axe
04-27-2020, 08:28 PM
God bless uncle sam.

Shogon
04-27-2020, 09:29 PM
They aren't at all. They are a bunch of corrupt assholes working against the common good in many instances. Don't be fooled. Most of them don't give a shit about anyone anymore.

I'm not saying they care about us, quite the contrary. What I'm saying is that their very existence is a direct reflection of us... and it is. Our general apathy, ignorance and idiocy has resulted in this outcome... if we weren't apathetic, ignorant and lazy, we wouldn't have such dog shit politicians.

The general public is too stupid to be allowed to vote and there doesn't seem to be an obvious way around it, unfortunately. You take away their right to vote and for unspoken reasons that's a terrible path to take... you let them keep voting, we stay ****ed up the ass.

Anyways... buy Bitcoin. Take the power of the currency away from governments, and their power slowly and surely erodes as the ability to wage endless war and take on endless debt ceases. Take the currency away. It's got to be.

BUY BITCOIN!

RRR3
04-27-2020, 09:43 PM
Trump2020!

Trump2024!
You do realize he can't run in 2024 right?

RRR3
04-27-2020, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying they care about us, quite the contrary. What I'm saying is that their very existence is a direct reflection of us... and it is. Our general apathy, ignorance and idiocy has resulted in this outcome... if we weren't apathetic, ignorant and lazy, we wouldn't have such dog shit politicians.

The general public is too stupid to be allowed to vote and there doesn't seem to be an obvious way around it, unfortunately. You take away their right to vote and for unspoken reasons that's a terrible path to take... you let them keep voting, we stay ****ed up the ass.

Anyways... buy Bitcoin. Take the power of the currency away from governments, and their power slowly and surely erodes as the ability to wage endless war and take on endless debt ceases. Take the currency away. It's got to be.

BUY BITCOIN!
Hey, we had a great choice (Bernie) but the DNC, members of the Democratic establshmnent and mainstream media refused to let him win.

Shogon
04-27-2020, 09:51 PM
Hey, we had a great choice (Bernie) but the DNC, members of the Democratic establshmnent and mainstream media refused to let him win.

I gotta tell you, I don't think Bernie Sanders gives a shit about anyone other than himself either. His wallet speaks that. Which hey, I don't hold it against him on a personal level, get that cheddar... it's just hypocritical is all, given his life's "work".

And I don't want to get into it with you, but the free market is the way to go. We don't have a free market, we have a government up the ass market, and this is the result. Oh well.

Buy Bitcoin.

MaxFly
04-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Trump2020!

Trump2024!

2024, huh... :facepalm

Patrick Chewing
04-27-2020, 10:10 PM
2024, huh... :facepalm

:oldlol:

You guys are so triggered.

DoctorP
04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
this is all the blacks fault for not supporting a welfare presidential candidate. also the candidate wanted to legalize marijuana nationwide and reform the corrupt justice system. instead the blacks voted for the crazy white guy.

DUMB

:lol

ALL IN FOR TRUMP NOW

imdaman99
04-27-2020, 10:30 PM
Trump2020!

Trump2024!

Imagine if Trump was facing off against Obama in 16? How would that have turned out :lol

DoctorP
04-27-2020, 10:32 PM
Imagine if Trump was facing off against Obama in 16? How would that have turned out :lol

not 2020, not 2024, not 2028, not 2032..... TRUMPS GONNA WIN EM ALL

Patrick Chewing
04-27-2020, 11:01 PM

Coming into 2016, Obama had his lowest approval rating ever. If Presidents were granted three terms, there's no way Obama would have beaten Trump in 2016. Obama was dead in the water after the first debate with Mitt Romney in 2012, but Romney dropped the ball big time and Obama took a B-12 shot or something cause he steamrolled Romney after that. Romney was a stiff anyway. Afraid to get his hands dirty.

Also, you act as if Obama is this Messiah figure that is the supposed standard for Presidents and couldn't be beaten. Far from it.

1987_Lakers
04-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Coming into 2016, Obama had his lowest approval rating ever. If Presidents were granted three terms, there's no way Obama would have beaten Trump in 2016. Obama was dead in the water after the first debate with Mitt Romney in 2012, but Romney dropped the ball big time and Obama took a B-12 shot or something cause he steamrolled Romney after that. Romney was a stiff anyway. Afraid to get his hands dirty.

Also, you act as if Obama is this Messiah figure that is the supposed standard for Presidents and couldn't be beaten. Far from it.

By the summer of 2016, Obama had an approval rating of over 50%. He approval rating was much worse throughout 2014 than in 2016, don't know what the hell you are talking about.

SouBeachTalents
04-27-2020, 11:14 PM
Now that you mention it, it would've been entertaining as hell to see some of these presidents run for 3rd terms.

Clinton after the Lewinski scandal
Bush with his laughable approval rating as the economy crashed
And what would've been an absolutely epic Obama/Trump cage match

Patrick Chewing
04-27-2020, 11:15 PM
By the summer of 2016, Obama had an approval rating of over 50%. He approval rating was much worse throughout 2014 than in 2016, don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You are correct actually. My mistake. His approval rating was in the low 40's in 2014. It was in the high 40's at the beginning of 2016 and he eventually saw the spike that most Presidents get towards the end of their tenure which put him in the high 50's.

iamgine
04-28-2020, 12:58 AM
I mean Donald Trump as a person may be less than desirable to say the least but as an administration they seemed to be doing a good job overall. I feel like it's the opposite with Obama, as a person Obama is someone you can look up to and admire but his administration was not good.

bladefd
04-28-2020, 02:21 AM

Don't tell patty what Lil Donny's approval rating is right now :crazysam:

Or face-to-face numbers to Biden. Voters think even Biden would do a better job against coronavirus than the moron Donald :oldlol:

Just waiting for patty to come back with "Polls don't matter this week" :rolleyes:

Patrick Chewing
04-28-2020, 02:42 AM
Just waiting for patty to come back with "Polls don't matter this week" :rolleyes:

Polls had Hillary winning in a landslide, remember?

bladefd
04-28-2020, 01:16 PM
Polls had Hillary winning in a landslide, remember?

Right on cue. Couldn't even let a day pass without questioning polls after discussing them above as if they were important because of Obama. As soon as polls go against your case, polls become irrelevant

Hey Yo
04-28-2020, 01:42 PM

Cant imagine why anyone would vote for Biden. You'd have to be a fugging giant dope to
endorse that walking corpse.

Kblaze8855
04-29-2020, 06:03 AM

Dont have to go nearly that far back. Nixon was a crook and an obvious racist(there are tapes). He was also brilliant and would take the people up for president now apart on the facts and make them look like idiots.

You listen to Nixon talk about issues then listen to Donald Trump. Night and day wont do it justice.

Its charisma a lot of those types lack. Nixon even if we didnt know the bad side couldnt beat trump in this era because it doesnt matter if you are correct and making good points. Hes gonna call you some childish name....his supporters are gonna mimic it....then hes Droopy Dick Nixon or some shit and a joke to the trailer parks.

He would make a primary race against John Adams about him being short.

Hes a tv star who runs like a talk show host trying to get a reaction from the crowd. And a lot of people are stupid enough to think thats what it should take to be given the nuclear codes.

You cant compare him to many people on either side to ever rise to power. Most of them...even the ones we know were not....at least knew how to appear fundamentally decent in public. This guy out here insulting peoples wives, talking about grabbing *****, fighting with doctors about medical issues on tv, and so on. Hes got some random ho from a reality tv show in the situation room with 3-4 star generals and the white house chief of staff secretly recording their conversations for a book. When asked why he had her in such a position to begin with?

Trump said the former “The Apprentice” contestant had begged for a job in the White House but was hated by others, missed work and was “nasty.” Still, he said he directed his chief of staff, John Kelly, to try to smooth things over with her.
“When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!”

The president....puts a reality tv contestant....in the situation room with classified shit and military leaders....because she said nice things. Thats how you get into maybe one of the 5-6 most secure locations on the earth. Say nice things.

And its fine to a lot of people. Thats what they are looking for.

I always used to joke about Kanye becoming president. Its honestly not that impossible when this is not only acceptable....but cheered by millions of people. Oprah vs Ted Nugent wouldnt be all that out of line by current standards.

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2020, 06:31 AM
Dont have to go nearly that far back. Nixon was a crook and an obvious racist(there are tapes). He was also brilliant and would take the people up for president now apart on the facts and make them look like idiots.

You listen to Nixon talk about issues then listen to Donald Trump. Night and day wont do it justice.

Its charisma a lot of those types lack. Nixon even if we didnt know the bad side couldnt beat trump in this era because it doesnt matter if you are correct and making good points. Hes gonna call you some childish name....his supporters are gonna mimic it....then hes Droopy Dick Nixon or some shit and a joke to the trailer parks.

He would make a primary race against John Adams about him being short.

Hes a tv star who runs like a talk show host trying to get a reaction from the crowd. And a lot of people are stupid enough to think thats what it should take to be given the nuclear codes.

You cant compare him to many people on either side to ever rise to power. Most of them...even the ones we know were not....at least knew how to appear fundamentally decent in public. This guy out here insulting peoples wives, talking about grabbing *****, fighting with doctors about medical issues on tv, and so on. Hes got some random ho from a reality tv show in the situation room with 3-4 star generals and the white house chief of staff secretly recording their conversations for a book. When asked why he had her in such a position to begin with?

The president....puts a reality tv contestant....in the situation room with classified shit and military leaders....because she said nice things. Thats how you get into maybe one of the 5-6 most secure locations on the earth. Say nice things.

And its fine to a lot of people. Thats what they are looking for.

I always used to joke about Kanye becoming president. Its honestly not that impossible when this is not only acceptable....but cheered by millions of people. Oprah vs Ted Nugent wouldnt be all that out of line by current standards.
Politics has just become another form of entertainment for people to follow. The candidates know making substantive arguments on policy is not going to get them anywhere. But have a crazy soundbite, or a witty one liner in the debate, you're gonna get media coverage and most likely a boost in popularity. You see the way they advertise debates now, the shit literally looks like a promo for MNF.

And I think with Trump we're on a very bad path. Granted, we've delved into this type of thing before electing Jesse Ventura and Arnold as governors back in the day, but I have no doubt in my mind if Oprah ran for president in the next election, she would be a legitimate threat to win the nomination. At this rate I wouldn't even rule out someone as laughable as Kanye.

DoctorP
04-29-2020, 06:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1253141941505732609/7WywJCTo?format=jpg&name=small

tpols
04-29-2020, 08:01 AM

:roll:

i would legit vote for trump on that nickname alone.

i think a mark twain or oscar wilde type could really roast trump into oblivion though. they had even sharper wit and comeback game.

tpols
04-29-2020, 08:06 AM
it is pretty crazy that trump built his entire run on giving opponents nicknames.

the problem is he really is good at seeing your weakness and just pouncing on it. plus he does so much crazy shit that you cant even really make one up for him.

Most candidates only have 1 or so glaring weaknesses, so if you hit them there it really hurts, while trump has a million. He's impregnable.

Rolando
04-29-2020, 08:09 AM
I even heard Joe Rogan speculate that if somehow Biden dies before the election that they should try to get Michelle Obama to run. What an absolute clownshow. She'd be the least qualified candidate ever. People have this idea that you can simply plug anyone into this position, just so long as they are well known.

DoctorP
04-29-2020, 08:24 AM
https://youtu.be/Xv6e5hMyz5U

Kblaze8855
04-29-2020, 01:52 PM
I even heard Joe Rogan speculate that if somehow Biden dies before the election that they should try to get Michelle Obama to run. What an absolute clownshow. She'd be the least qualified candidate ever. People have this idea that you can simply plug anyone into this position, just so long as they are well known.

Well Donald Trump does make it look like a job for....whoever.

Id absolutely have as much faith in a random ISH poster as the actual president. Perhaps more. I think most of us would go in more willing to listen to people who know more than we do about each specific issue.

diamenz
04-29-2020, 03:53 PM

she's a black woman, brah. that makes her the most qualified individual out there! period!

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2020, 10:07 PM
I think what you have is a problem of giving a **** too much.