PDA

View Full Version : I dont blame the pistons for walking off the floor

Bronbron23
04-27-2020, 04:45 PM
Isiah is right it was a different time lots of teams did this. Plus mj did heavily disrespect the pistons the day before by basically saying they're not real champions. Mj is acting like a bish on this one.

imdaman99
04-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Yep. I hate all parties so I'm not biased. MJ was talking smack about them while they were winning rings. You disrespect me, I have a right to disrespect you. It is what it is.

JBSptfn
04-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Isiah is right it was a different time lots of teams did this. Plus mj did heavily disrespect the pistons the day before by basically saying they're not real champions. Mj is acting like a bish on this one.

Agreed. Also, they probably felt that it was the start of the Bulls' corporate-driven NBC dynasty (that should have an asterisk next to it), and they didn't want to honor that.

LAL
04-27-2020, 06:04 PM
Isiah Thomas's explanation was good enough for me. I understand MJ and his teammates reaction too.

Da_Realist
04-27-2020, 06:20 PM
The bigger issue is Detroit walking past the Chicago bench without shaking hands not just walking off the court. Boston walked off the court in 88 because they thought the crowd at the Silverdome would storm the court. Detroit walked off in 91 at home (as opposed to the Celtics being on the road) and actually walked past the Bulls bench without shaking hands (aside from Dumars and Salley). It wasn't a class act after the Bulls shook their hands all three previous years.

Uncle Drew
04-27-2020, 06:31 PM
The bigger issue is Detroit walking past the Chicago bench without shaking hands not just walking off the court. Boston walked off the court in 88 because they thought the crowd at the Silverdome would storm the court. Detroit walked off in 91 at home (as opposed to the Celtics being on the road) and actually walked past the Bulls bench without shaking hands (aside from Dumars and Salley). It wasn't a class act after the Bulls shook their hands all three previous years.

At the same time, the comments coming from the Bulls locker room the day prior were way out of line. Bad or poor champions and all that, why?

Da_Realist
04-27-2020, 06:39 PM
At the same time, the comments coming from the Bulls locker room the day prior were way out of line. Bad or poor champions and all that, why?

What did they say that was false?

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 06:59 PM

As if the Pistons treated the Celtics with respect? Rodman and Isiah were basically calling Bird a fraud on racial grounds.

LukeWalton
04-27-2020, 08:05 PM
I'm sure less than half here watched the documentary

Pistons said, the Celtics did it to them when they took over the east
so they did the same when the Bulls finally won, as tradition (to them).

MJ of course disagreed, since he shook hands with them the years he kept losing to the Pistons (1-3)

brownmamba00
04-27-2020, 08:25 PM
Zeke didn't have to duck his head and ignore mike like that. Could've shook his hand and still walk off like mchale did.

Truth is zeke was a fake good dude.

Smoke117
04-27-2020, 08:27 PM

It doesn't matter. Bulls shook their hands when they were losing in previous seasons. Pistons had no class, period.

tpols
04-27-2020, 08:43 PM
As if the Pistons treated the Celtics with respect? Rodman and Isiah were basically calling Bird a fraud on racial grounds.

isiah thomas seems like a snake.

he's so jovial and lovey dovey on camera... but behind the scenes always biting and throwing shots.

I've never seen human being as seemingly good hearted as zeke is when he's reminiscing, yet he was constantly shitting on everybody behind their backs.

SATAN
04-27-2020, 08:45 PM
It's 2020. Who ****ing cares?

Worst NBA season ever if the content of yet another Jordan doco is all there is to talk about.

Roundball_Rock
04-27-2020, 09:51 PM
I've never seen human being as seemingly good hearted as zeke is when he's reminiscing, yet he was constantly shitting on everybody behind their backs.

He did it even to his best friend Magic when Magic was down the most with his health situation at the time.

Bronbron23
04-28-2020, 11:59 AM

Good point but you dont really see the pistons winning about that and still hurt to this day. The bulls players are still but hurt over it to this day.

Bronbron23
04-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Zeke didn't have to duck his head and ignore mike like that. Could've shook his hand and still walk off like mchale did.

Truth is zeke was a fake good dude.

Yeah it did look grimy the way he ducked out. Still dont blame him though. Mj shouldn't have disrespected them the way he did. Pistons were great champs.

ImKobe
04-28-2020, 12:03 PM

Isiah is a little ***** and you're a ***** for defending him. Bulls gave Pistons their respects when they lost, despite the fact that the Pistons went out of their way to hurt Jordan, yet the Pistons couldn't do the same. The Celtics example Zeke gave is full of shit because they had to walk off the floor due to the fans storming the court as a security measure.

STATUTORY
04-28-2020, 12:10 PM
isiah thomas seems like a snake.

he's so jovial and lovey dovey on camera... but behind the scenes always biting and throwing shots.

he was the same way when he worked for the Knicks, very friendly to the media, but seemingly toxic behind doors

he played dolan like a fiddle too, manipulative guy

Da_Realist
04-28-2020, 12:10 PM
Good point but you dont really see the pistons winning about that and still hurt to this day. The bulls players are still but hurt over it to this day.

They played with and won championships with Rodman, Salley and James Edwards. They weren't butthurt enough to refuse to play with Rodman after he threw Pippen in the stands but they are still butthurt over them not shaking hands?

Da_Realist
04-28-2020, 12:35 PM

I know you don't understand. It wasn't that the Pistons weren't great champs. BJ admitted they were in the doc. The Bulls felt the Pistons were intentionally trying to hurt them. The Pistons admitted this. Elbows to the temple. Pulling MJ's foot while he was airborne to make him fall flat. Pushing Pippen in to the stands. Threatening to fight after the game. The Pistons were bullies. It was shocking that these guys refuse to shake hands because they got their feelings hurt over some comments MJ made that everyone had been saying for 2-3 years.

The Pistons didn't like the Bulls and didn't like getting swept. Isiah admitted he thought the Pistons were good enough to make the series interesting. He had high hopes and they were bulldozed at home in front of their fans. And it was obvious the Bulls had ascended. The Pistons were done and they were done in by their hated rival. They didn't handle it well getting blown out at home in their final game as champs so they chose to follow Bill Laimbeer's lead. They came off like sore losers.

I know Isiah tried to equate it to what Boston did but even that was probably personal. Bill Laimbeer almost broke Larry Bird's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsq9-ZlZXzw

That's not basketball. That's essentially what MJ said. Boston had no problem shaking the 76'ers or the Lakers hands. The league didn't dislike the Pistons because they were the little engine not named MJ, Magic or Larry but because their style of play put careers at risk. Great respect to the Pistons. I think they made the Bulls the dynasty they ended up becoming. But they showed no class that day and that's what the Bulls were reflecting on.

guy
04-28-2020, 12:58 PM
Not sure why anyone is saying the Bulls are being oversensitive. They spent 5-10 mins on it in a 10-hour documentary largely focused on their entire history. Were they supposed to gloss over it? Would rather them tell the truth about how they feel about it in this setting then make up some PC shit. Its not like the Bulls themselves have been bringing this up constantly over the last 30 years. And they legitimately thought the Pistons were out to hurt them. The disdain towards them isn't solely due to this, this just added on to it.

Meanwhile, we can barely go a few months without hearing that the Bad Boy Pistons are underappreciated especially with Isiah always on TV.

Da_Realist
04-28-2020, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpnTVkupsQ&t=9m33s

Charles Barkley: "Those guys were out there trying to hurt people."

ronniec
04-28-2020, 01:34 PM
I know you don't understand. It wasn't that the Pistons weren't great champs. BJ admitted they were in the doc. The Bulls felt the Pistons were intentionally trying to hurt them. The Pistons admitted this. Elbows to the temple. Pulling MJ's foot while he was airborne to make him fall flat. Pushing Pippen in to the stands. Threatening to fight after the game. The Pistons were bullies. It was shocking that these guys refuse to shake hands because they got their feelings hurt over some comments MJ made that everyone had been saying for 2-3 years.

The Pistons didn't like the Bulls and didn't like getting swept. Isiah admitted he thought the Pistons were good enough to make the series interesting. He had high hopes and they were bulldozed at home in front of their fans. And it was obvious the Bulls had ascended. The Pistons were done and they were done in by their hated rival. They didn't handle it well getting blown out at home in their final game as champs so they chose to follow Bill Laimbeer's lead. They came off like sore losers.

I know Isiah tried to equate it to what Boston did but even that was probably personal. Bill Laimbeer almost broke Larry Bird's back.

That's not basketball. That's essentially what MJ said. Boston had no problem shaking the 76'ers or the Lakers hands. The league didn't dislike the Pistons because they were the little engine not named MJ, Magic or Larry but because their style of play put careers at risk. Great respect to the Pistons. I think they made the Bulls the dynasty they ended up becoming. But they showed no class that day and that's what the Bulls were reflecting on.

Arm wrestle Bird's neck and pull him down to the floor.
That's a d1ck move, that's it.

Da_Realist
04-28-2020, 01:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEvHF2zagF8

Gottlieb on Isiah's way of always deflecting blame.

RogueBorg
04-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Not sure why anyone is saying the Bulls are being oversensitive. They spent 5-10 mins on it in a 10-hour documentary largely focused on their entire history. Were they supposed to gloss over it? Would rather them tell the truth about how they feel about it in this setting then make up some PC shit. Its not like the Bulls themselves have been bringing this up constantly over the last 30 years. And they legitimately thought the Pistons were out to hurt them. The disdain towards them isn't solely due to this, this just added on to it.

Meanwhile, we can barely go a few months without hearing that the Bad Boy Pistons are underappreciated especially with Isiah always on TV.

Isiah Thomas was punk in the 80's, and he's still a punk today.

Bronbron23
04-28-2020, 03:48 PM
Isiah is a little ***** and you're a ***** for defending him. Bulls gave Pistons their respects when they lost, despite the fact that the Pistons went out of their way to hurt Jordan, yet the Pistons couldn't do the same. The Celtics example Zeke gave is full of shit because they had to walk off the floor due to the fans storming the court as a security measure.

Damn dude what are the bulls spokes person? Your awfully emotional about this shit.

And i disagree. Mj, pip and phil openly disrespected the pistons for their style of play. Just stfu and play. Hit them back if you have to but dont wine about how they're being to physical and dont bitch 30 years later about someone not shaking your hand. Im sorry mj and the bulls were my team but they sounding like some b*tches on this one.

Bronbron23
04-28-2020, 03:58 PM

Yes the hit on bird was dirty and very dangerous but that was boston. Detroit and boston actually had a much more physical rivalry than the bulls and pistons. Pistons were definitely physical and rough with mj and the bulls but out of all those hard fouls from those games non of them were even that bad. They werent trying to hurt mj. They were just trying to be physical with him so hed think twice about coming down the lane.

Im sorry man im usually on MJ's side for most mj related debates but i cant be on this one. The wining about the physical play and not shaking hands is weak. They sound likes some bishes on this one. They just do. Nothing wrong with admitting it. Sometimes tough dudes can have bish like moments.

tpols
04-28-2020, 04:03 PM

look at isiah thomas grinning ear to ear trying to hold bird back.

shouldve knocked that little bitch out too like karl did.

Da_Realist
04-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Celtics refute Isiah's contention that the Celtics disrespected the Pistons by walking off in 1988

“K.C. and [assistant coaches] Jimmy Rodgers and Chris Ford were all talking about getting guys off the floor, because we were in the Silverdome, and you could just tell these folks were ready to storm the court,” Jennings said. “That is honest-to-goodness what that was about. It had nothing whatsoever to do with trying to show up the Pistons or a lack of sportsmanship. It was really the safety of those guys. I remember K.C. pointing at the guys, going down the bench and saying ‘OK, go to the locker room.’ ”

“One of the scariest experiences of my entire life was after that game ended,” Jennings said. “I was literally behind K.C. as we were trying to make our way to the locker room and you had all these people — it was a domed stadium — so you had this massive crowd and they were coming onto the floor excited and jumping up and down. It was crazy. It was absolutely pandemonium. Of course, they finally beat us, so you get it. It’s nothing against the Detroit fans. But I’ve never forgotten that feeling of trying to make our way to the locker room.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/michael-jordan-isiah-thomas-pistons-bulls-walk-off-013736980.html

Da_Realist
04-30-2020, 12:08 AM
Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo address it from 12:56 - 23:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV6eCPwBBpM&t=12m56s

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2020, 12:21 AM
All these dudes take themselves too seriously. It’s a freaking basketball game.