cdub1591
07-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Dis was a good pick up...Da Knicks should make da playoff with this line up:

Stephon Marbury
Jamaal Crawford
Jared Jeffries
Zack Randolph
Eddy Curry

And Dan Dickau, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robison and David Lee coming off the bench...I smell playoffs :banana:

Wadeisabeast
07-01-2007, 04:28 PM
"You got Eddy curry on one side, and ...uh...left hand, south paw, you think he gonna shoot right, but he really shoot left."

I wonder if Marbury's gonna be surprised when defenses aren't surprised when Randlolph shoots with his left hand. Maybe he forgot that most teams have TVs.

RobertSwift31
07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Haha- "you think hes shooting right, but then he shoots left"

Are defenses really going to be suprised when Z-Bo shoots Lefty?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Ha, Marburys the trip :lol:

He was pumped, I can't wait.

kentatm
07-01-2007, 04:35 PM
"We got help now! We got help now!"

what the hell is he saying at the end?

"we got a younger, youthyer player with then um, bu bu, Zach Randolph."

Sharas
07-01-2007, 04:45 PM
i want some of whatever he's on:lol:

Skywalker
07-01-2007, 05:00 PM
SPIT IT OUT STEPH :lol:

"They scared now!"

NO WE ARENT!

Rameek
07-01-2007, 05:16 PM
:cheers:

mlh1981
07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
This move clearly puts them in the drivers seat to win a title.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Man that guy has a big mouth. :oldlol:

TheHonestTruth
07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
He's retarded.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
OMG, I'm so scared! It's Zach Randolph! :oldlol:

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 05:50 PM

23 and 10, and in the West. He's better than any big man the Nets have. Have fun with Vince for 4 more years.....:oldlol:

IversonMelo2K7
07-01-2007, 05:53 PM
steph is just geeked francis was traded, he'd be talking up the skills of a tire to be named later if they traded steve for one.

Agent_Zero
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
This move clearly puts them in the drivers seat to win a title.

Absolutely. Why these people are :lol: is eluding me.

picc84
07-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Who's going to guard him? Nenad Kristich? :oldlol:

GoRapz
07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
This would be hilarious if Stephon got traded :oldlol:

knicks15
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
no wonder he always stresses reading to little kids

bringthetruth
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Did anyone catch the hype man in the background repeating eevrything steph says.

That's some baddd preacher hype , "they scared, he's a beast, yes sir, yes sir we got zach randolph, we got help now.

wasup talk to me. ROFL:applause:

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 06:26 PM
23 and 10, and in the West. He's better than any big man the Nets have. Have fun with Vince for 4 more years.....:oldlol:

I can't deny that. He's better than our big men, everybody knows that. Have fun with Marbury (aka "the best point guard in the NBA" :oldlol: ) Kidd will make sure to shut him up real soon.

Hell if I know. Does it matter?

Chalkmaze
07-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Did anyone catch the hype man in the background repeating eevrything steph says.

That's some baddd preacher hype , "they scared, he's a beast, yes sir, yes sir we got zach randolph, we got help now.

wasup talk to me. ROFL:applause:

unhhhhh huh.... that's right.... yeah.... yes sir!

picc84
07-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Hell if I know. Does it matter?

Probably, yeah. :confusedshrug:

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I can't deny that. He's better than our big men, everybody knows that. Have fun with Marbury (aka "the best point guard in the NBA" :oldlol: ) Kidd will make sure to shut him up real soon.

Yeah you can't. And Jason Kidd only has 2 years in him.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah you can't. And Jason Kidd only has 2 years in him.

.....2 years left on his contract. He still could have 4-5 years before he retires.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
.....2 years left on his contract. He still could have 4-5 years before he retires.

He still will not be with the Nets. This season(coming up) is Jason's last season with the Nets book it.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
He still will not be with the Nets. This season(coming up) is Jason's last season with the Nets book it.

Nope, he has 2 more years in his contract. So, he has one more year after this season.

And exactly how do you know he'll leave? Unless there is a great opportunity for him to go to a legit team, he'll probably resign here. Vince is staying for another 4 years and RJ's also staying, unless he gets traded, which I don't think will happen. He wants to stay with the Nets as long as they keep their nucleus.

Tool
07-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Uh ya all I gotta say is CB4 > ZacH

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Nope, he has 2 more years in his contract. So, he has one more year after this season.

And exactly how do you know he'll leave? Unless there is a great opportunity for him to go to a legit team, he'll probably resign here. Vince is staying for another 4 years and RJ's also staying, unless he gets traded, which I don't think will happen. He wants to stay with the Nets as long as they keep their nucleus.

How long can Thorn put up with their B.S.? They have 3 all-stars and you can't even make it to the CF in the East? I believe after the Nets again fall to reach the CF next season Thorn will look to move Kidd and Jefferson(if he's not already traded during this summer or by the deadline in February) in the offseason. BOOK IT!

04mzwach
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
the knicks could make some noise. they're going to be getting a lot of offensive boards.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Barely, but Curry and Zach>>>>>>>> Bosh and Rasho

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
How long can Thorn put up with their B.S.? They have 3 all-stars and you can't even make it to the CF in the East? I believe after the Nets again fall to reach the CF next season Thorn will look to move Kidd and Jefferson(if he's not already traded during this summer or by the deadline in February) in the offseason. BOOK IT!

What are you talking about? Nearly making it to the ECF means that you're onto something and that you have a pretty decent nucleus that needs a little improvement. This isn't NBA 2k7 where you can do whatever the hell you want and that if you don't win the title you can just say "OK, we need to rebuild."

It's funny how you say this when the Knicks, who do have a ton of individual talent (highest paid team), can't even make it to the playoffs.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM

I'm not saying Zach Randolph is better, I'm not say he isn't better either. But Randolph averaged more Points and Rebounds then Bosh.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:01 PM
If you're getting the wrong picture, let me clear it up. I don't deny that the Knicks just got stronger and they'll probably improve from last season. But acting like you just got Tim Duncan, the way Marbury did, is funny to me as well as other non-Knick fans.

Skywalker
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Randolph can't touch Bosh lets not even go there.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
What are you talking about? Nearly making it to the ECF means that you're onto something and that you have a pretty decent nucleus that needs a little improvement. This isn't NBA 2k7 where you can do whatever the hell you want and that if you don't win the title you can just say "OK, we need to rebuild."

It's funny how you say this when the Knicks, who do have a ton of individual talent (highest paid team), can't even make it to the playoffs.

You lost to a team with only 1 all-star to your 3(the cavs). You guys were sent home on your own floor, the cavs played around with you guys. There is no excuse, and I see the way Jason Kidd reacted to the loses last season, he knows the nets should be a lot better than they are. I don't know why he hasn't ask for a trade.... Anyway, the Knicks would of make the playoffs but injuries hit late, and the season before that players just didn't want to play for larry brown because he's a douche. The knicks won 33 games with a beat up injured team, they will win 40+ with Zach and if they stay healthy. And oh yeah, more moves are coming for us. Teams are improving, what will the Nets do to improve?

Skywalker
07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
They drafted Sean Williams. The Nets have the interior D to slow your twinkie eating slobs. Sean Williams, Moore, and Collins can all play good D. So can RJ, so can Kidd. Vince is decent when he tries. Wright is good. WTF? The Nets should be known as a premier defensive team.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:09 PM
They drafted Sean Williams. The Nets have the interior D to slow your twinkie eating slobs. Sean Williams, Moore, and Collins can all play good D. So can RJ, so can Kidd. Vince is decent when he tries. Wright is good. WTF? The Nets should be known as a premier defensive team.

The Nets play zone last time I check, they should of drafted a player with more offense, he doesn't provide much. And none of you guys can stop Zach or Curry please don't go there.

Poseidon
07-01-2007, 07:10 PM

We all saw how great Bosh was during the playoffs. :rolleyes:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Randolph average more points and boards then Bosh. I'm not saying he's better but you need to pay attention to that statline.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:13 PM
We all saw how great Bosh was during the playoffs. :rolleyes:

exactly....

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:14 PM
watch out for randolph in the east.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Skywalker sit heres and calls Randolph a twinkie eating slob. He's not fat at all it's probably cause he has a chunky face that's all.

http://www.nba.com/media/blazers/zach_atl8.jpg

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Skywalker sit heres and calls Randolph a twinkie eating slob. He's not fat at all it's probably cause he has a chunky face that's all.

http://www.nba.com/media/blazers/zach_atl8.jpg

PWNED!!

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
You lost to a team with only 1 all-star to your 3(the cavs). You guys were sent home on your own floor, the cavs played around with you guys. There is no excuse, and I see the way Jason Kidd reacted to the loses last season, he knows the nets should be a lot better than they are. I don't know why he hasn't ask for a trade.... Anyway, the Knicks would of make the playoffs but injuries hit late, and the season before that players just didn't want to play for larry brown because he's a douche. The knicks won 33 games with a beat up injured team, they will win 40+ with Zach and if they stay healthy. And oh yeah, more moves are coming for us. Teams are improving, what will the Nets do to improve?

Firstly, RJ is technically not an all-star. Secondly, it's hard to win anywhere when Vince only shoots 11 shots and makes 4 of them. Thirdly, is that how you calculate who will win? Solely on the number of all-stars on the team? So please explain to me how the Spurs won the title in 2003 when back then, they had only one all-star (Duncan).

And since you're using the injuries excuse, I'll use it, too. We were without Krstic and Eddie House, and RJ was injured for a long period of time right before the playoffs started.

And with the exception of Game 6, every single Nets loss went down to the wire, and they really could have gone either way. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it's not like the Cavs manhandled us. We gave them a pretty good fight.

What do the Knicks have to prove? They haven't made the playoffs since the 03-04 season when they were swept by none other than......the Nets. Point being that the Nets have manhandled the Knicks in every aspect since Kidd joined the group and the stats prove it. Anything that you claim will change is simply speculation and it means absolutely nothing until it actually happens.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm not here comparing the Nets and Knicks, The division is going to be close this year. The Nets and Knicks were close until the Injuries hit us. That's not an excuse because NJ lost Jefferson but skywalker sit heres and calls Randolph fan and he's not at all.

Bosh vs Randolph is a good match up. Randolph has him on some of the main statlines such as points and boards, but none the less Bosh is a hell of a player.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Firstly, RJ is technically not an all-star. Secondly, it's hard to win anywhere when Vince only shoots 11 shots and makes 4 of them. Thirdly, is that how you calculate who will win? Solely on the number of all-stars on the team? So please explain to me how the Spurs won the title in 2003 when back then, they had only one all-star (Duncan).

And since you're using the injuries excuse, I'll use it, too. We were without Krstic and Eddie House, and RJ was injured for a long period of time right before the playoffs started.

And with the exception of Game 6, every single game went down to the wire, and they really could have gone either way. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it's not like the Cavs manhandled us. We gave them a pretty good fight.

What do the Knicks have to prove? They haven't made the playoffs since the 03-04 season when they were swept by none other than......the Nets. Point being that the Nets have manhandled the Knicks in every aspect since Kidd joined the group and the stats prove it. Anything that you claim will change is simply speculation and it means absolutely nothing until it actually happens.

But the Knicks improved drastically, the Nets have made no upgrade. Do you really expect the Nets to make the playoffs with the Raptors improving even more and the emergence of the Knicks and Celtics? Thorn better get busy.....

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
But the Knicks improved drastically, the Nets have made no upgrade. Do you really expect the Nets to make the playoffs with the Raptors improving even more and the emergence of the Knicks and Celtics? Thorn better get busy.....

Yep I do.

And one other thing, please stop saying that we're not improving. We may not be improving dramatically, but we're improving slowly and steadily since the 04-05 season. We just drafted a decent prospect in Sean Williams who is a great shot blocker and rebounder. He will definitely help our lack of talent down low and our post defense.

Thorn is one of the best in the business. Give him some time, and let him do his job.

rknine15
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
ok.... Nenad is gonna be back RJ is gonna be at 100% the bench can only improve.... the nets drafted sean williams thats already a huge improvement... stop taking shyt

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I must admit the Nets improved but not as much as NY. The nets were better then NY so they didn't need it as much as us and the Celtics.

Celtics got Glen Davis and Ray Allen - Huge Upgrade.
Knicks got Wilson Chandler, Demetris Nichols, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau and ZBO.

There's a problem though we have 17 players so theres a trade brewing. The Knicks upgraded huge to.

Getting Nenad backing, RJ healing and drafting Sean Williams is a nice sign though.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Yep I do.

And one other thing, please stop saying that we're not improving. We may not be improving dramatically, but we're improving slowly and steadily since the 04-05 season. We just drafted a decent prospect in Sean Williams who is a great shot blocker and rebounder. He will definitely help our lack of talent down low and our post defense.

HOW? You have the same players, the nets still were not good in the beginning of the season with everyone healthy don't give me that Krstic crap you have 3 all-stars without him in the East. Sean Williams just blocks shots, he may not even crack the rotation(if you re-sign Nikki Moore), and if he doesn't re-sign then that's a down grade.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
ok.... Nenad is gonna be back RJ is gonna be at 100% the bench can only improve.... the nets drafted sean williams thats already a huge improvement... stop taking shyt

Aaron Gray>Sean Williams, and a whole lot of other big men you passed on. And what if he gets into more trouble? He's a guy who cared more about weed than his team and school. And you guys started this crap, it always come to this with you net fans....

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Nets would be stupid to not let Sean Williams crack the Rotation. The Atlantic Division is going to be a toss up.

rknine15
HOW? You have the same players, the nets still were not good in the beginning of the season with everyone healthy don't give me that Krstic crap you have 3 all-stars without him in the East. Sean Williams just blocks shots, he may not even crack the rotation(if you re-sign Nikki Moore), and if he doesn't re-sign then that's a down grade.
mikki moore will resign you can BOOK IT!!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
He probably will, No one said he wasn't going to.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM

Just because we're keeping our nucleus and not switching it like road gamblers doesn't mean we're not improving. You can have the same players and still improve. If let's say Marcus improves on his game, then our team is in fact improving.

Believe me, Sean Williams will crack the rotation. The Nets are now notorious for making no-name players into legit players (ie Mikki and Boki).

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Aaron Gray>Sean Williams, and a whole lot of other big men you passed on. And what if he gets into more trouble? He's a guy who cared more about weed than his team and school. And you guys started this crap, it always come to this with you net fans....

I'm sure he'll straighten up with a charismatic guy like Kidd around him. You know, that was part of Thorn's plan. He wouldn't just neglect the fact that Sean Williams was a trouble maker.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Marcus Williams needs to improve his game, He sure as hell didn't show up in the playoffs. Every time Kidd came out Marcus went in and Fu*ked Up :lol:

Knicks are also improving to.

The go from 23 games :lol:, to 33 games :lol:

Now get got Randolph, Got rid of Frye and Francis, Drafted to 6'8 wings who can Knocked down the three and jump out the gym. One even Benches 335.

We're Improving.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Just because we're keeping our nucleus and not switching it like road gamblers doesn't mean we're not improving. You can have the same players and still improve. If let's say Marcus improves on his game, then our team is in fact improving.

Believe me, Sean Williams will crack the rotation. The Nets are now notorious for making no-name players into legit players (ie Mikki and Boki).

Krstic will take time to get into full game shape once he hits the floor(and you still don't know how that knee will turn out during an 82 game season), richard jefferson will miss a couple of weeks due to injury(its bound to happen it happened the past two seasons), kidd is older and will be tired due to playing in the summer, and Carter is over paid.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Carter is over paid, It still has nothing to do with his game though.

I just can't wait til next year, people are bashing Randolph and Curry and i think they'll work out fine.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Marcus Williams needs to improve his game, He sure as hell didn't show up in the playoffs. Every time Kidd came out Marcus went in and Fu*ked Up :lol:

Knicks are also improving to.

The go from 23 games :lol:, to 33 games :lol:

Now get got Randolph, Got rid of Frye and Francis, Drafted to 6'8 wings who can Knocked down the three and jump out the gym. One even Benches 335.

We're Improving.

Exactly. Marcus Williams has much room for improvement, and we still hung around with him turning the ball over every 5 seconds.

It should be a fun season next year. No more "Titanic" jokes.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Krstic will take time to get into full game shape once he hits the floor(and you still don't know how that knee will turn out during an 82 game season), richard jefferson will miss a couple of weeks due to injury(its bound to happen it happened the past two seasons), kidd is older and will be tired due to playing in the summer, and Carter is over paid.

You're really reaching for it.

Why don't I just say "The 5-6 Knicks that were injured at the end of last season might not fully recover. They'll miss at least a few weeks, it's bound to happen with the severity of those injuries. Oh yeah, and Eddy Curry will stub his toe and miss 5 weeks."

DCL
07-01-2007, 07:56 PM

he also has a particularly short though wide neck.

if he had chris bosh's neck, he'd be 7 ft tall.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Atlantic Teams Upgraded, All of Them.

Sixers - Thad Young, Derrick Byars and Smith. Didn't like the Smith trade though, but they wouldn't have drafted Byars so i like the Byars pick up.

Toronto - Just Signed Kapono. Nothing yet really, Raptors don't need to have a huge off season they made it to the playoffs with a 4th seed.

Knicks - Zach Randolph, We add a 23 and 10 player. He's going to do better against the East bigs, I'm expecting him to make the all-star game. Had a nice draft Drafting Wilson Chandler 6'8 Wing from DePaul, Athletic and Knocks down the three and Traded Future Second Rounder for Demetris Nichols, Loved this trade. Another 6'8 Wing who Shoots the three and is a leader. Got Rid of Francis contract and Channing Frye who wasn't impressive in his 2nd year.

Boston - Traded 5th pick, Gerald Green and Delonte West For Glen Davis and Ray Allen. I liked the trade for both sides. Added Ray considered the best 3 point shooter in the league.

Nets - Injuries hurt them but didn't stop them from making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Jefferson and Kristic will have time to heal now and start fresh. Jefferson wasn't 100% in the playoffs. Drafting Sean Williams a monster when it comes to shot blocking.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
You're really reaching for it.

Why don't I just say "The 5-6 Knicks that were injured at the end of last season might not fully recover. They'll miss at least a few weeks, it's bound to happen with the severity of those injuries. Oh yeah, and Eddy Curry will stub his toe and miss 5 weeks."

Come on man, remember this, RICHARD JEFFERSON WILL SUFFER AN INJURY THAT WILL LEAVE HIM OUT A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

You heard it here first!

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Come on man, remember this, RICHARD JEFFERSON WILL SUFFER AN INJURY THAT WILL LEAVE HIM OUT A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

You heard it here first!

Yeah, but that was last year. You always hope for the best next year.

proof
07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
:oldlol: @ knick fans talking about overpaid players.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah, but that was last year. You always hope for the best next year.

No it will happen again this year I'm calling it. And I hear Carter and Jefferson can't co-exist?

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 08:08 PM
:oldlol: @ knick fans talking about overpaid players.

I was just throwing that in.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
No it will happen again this year I'm calling it. And I hear Carter and Jefferson can't co-exist?

You wish.

knicks15
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
zach's gettin' skinnier as we speak!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m18/ant1326/zach_atl8.jpg

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 08:19 PM
You wish.

WAIT! You live in New York and you're a Nets fan? Disgrace.....

mountaingoat
07-01-2007, 08:34 PM
But the Knicks improved drastically, the Nets have made no upgrade. Do you really expect the Nets to make the playoffs with the Raptors improving even more and the emergence of the Knicks and Celtics?

easily.

so, the character issues of sean williams will be a problem for the nets, but randolph's won't be for the knicks?

oh, right, you've got a real level-headed guy running the point, who has never won anything and who seems to suggest that this trade was divinely ordained. he is also...the best point guard in the league, yes? or so i hear. i'm sure he'll keep randolph grounded. and if they get a little tired of each other, nate robinson can always provide sound counsel.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 08:37 PM
easily.

so, the character issues of sean williams will be a problem for the nets, but randolph's won't be for the knicks?

oh, right, you've got a real level-headed guy running the point, who has never won anything and who seems to suggest that this trade was divinely ordained. he is also...the best point guard in the league, yes? or so i hear. i'm sure he'll keep randolph grounded. and if they get a little tired of each other, nate robinson can always provide sound counsel.

I never said he will get out of control I said what if? Marbury knows his roll and he loves the trade, he will not be a headcase. And I believe Nate is a goner....

Chrono90
07-01-2007, 08:41 PM
that's a typical stephon marbury, a typical new yorker and from coney island.

it was really funny and entertaining though. I'm glad hes excited.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
WAIT! You live in New York and you're a Nets fan? Disgrace.....

There are many Net fans that live in New York. VCDAPTW is one of them. Where exactly do you live?

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM
There are many Net fans that live in New York. VCDAPTW is one of them. Where exactly do you live?

What a shame.... and I live on earth.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
What a shame.... and I live on earth.

More specific. C'mon, I'm not going to stalk you, just curious.

shafir
07-01-2007, 08:57 PM
that's a typical stephon marbury, a typical new yorker and from coney island.

it was really funny and entertaining though. I'm glad hes excited.
Typical New Yorker? What kind of New Yorkers have you met? I live in NY, and yes, some people do talk like that, but no, not enough to make the "typical" New Yorker talk like that. Also, when else have you heard Marbury talk like that? Link to video please.

knicks15
07-01-2007, 08:57 PM

just meet up, fight and whoever loses gets banned for a week. broooklynnnnn

mountaingoat
07-01-2007, 09:01 PM
don't get me wrong, it seems like a good thing for the knicks. i get randolph and curry, i do. but as a nets fan who primarily watches nets games, let me admit to a prejiduce. when a feared post player plays against the nets, i often find myself thinking, "huh, this guy's not that good..." an example of this is chris bosh, when the nets played the raptors in the playoffs. i hadn't seen many raptors games before that, and i found myself slightly underwhelmed by bosh's performance.

but bosh it seems, it's pretty much agreed that he's a great post player. so why didn't he decimate the nets' frontline? i posit that new jersey's interior defense is better than many give it credit for. hey, i don't love having collins out there and being a complete liability on offense, but the nets' team defense is pretty decent, including the interior defense. if williams turns out to be the player it seems he could be, it will only be better. this is one reason i'm not quaking in my boots over randolph and curry just yet.

the team asthetic is another thing that so far, has set the nets apart from the knicks. new york already had comprable talent to new jersey; a point guard like jason kidd seems to utilize that talent much better than stephon marbury does, and has been doing so for many years. marbury is the one who claims to be the best point guard in the league; marbury is the one who crows, "the division is ours now!", and invokes randolph's divine arrival in new york in a way that made me think of that yeats poem, "the second coming." randolph is slouching towards marbury's bethlehem. kidd never makes these declarations; yet his team is the one in the playoffs, year after year. if i were picking teams on a playground (FYI, i'm probably the worst basketball player on this messageboard), i know who i'd choose first.

on the wings, i wager that new jersey still has new york beat. don't get me wrong, i see that randolph is a talented player, and will be a force to be reckoned with. but taking into account the recent history of the atlantic division, i think it's a little early to be making proclamations of the knicks' ascension, and the nets missing out on the playoffs. with an inside presence including kristic and williams, they should, on paper, also be better than they were last year.

idunkonnate
07-01-2007, 09:08 PM
hahaha

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 09:09 PM
don't get me wrong, it seems like a good thing for the knicks. i get randolph and curry, i do. but as a nets fan who primarily watches nets games, let me admit to a prejiduce. when a feared post player plays against the nets, i often find myself thinking, "huh, this guy's not that good..." an example of this is chris bosh, when the nets played the raptors in the playoffs. i hadn't seen many raptors games before that, and i found myself slightly underwhelmed by bosh's performance.

but bosh it seems, it's pretty much agreed that he's a great post player. so why didn't he decimate the nets' frontline? i posit that new jersey's interior defense is better than many give it credit for. hey, i don't love having collins out there and being a complete liability on offense, but the nets' team defense is pretty decent, including the interior defense. if williams turns out to be the player it seems he could be, it will only be better. this is one reason i'm not quaking in my boots over randolph and curry just yet.

the team asthetic is another thing that so far, has set the nets apart from the knicks. new york already had comprable talent to new jersey; a point guard like jason kidd seems to utilize that talent much better than stephon marbury does, and has been doing so for many years. marbury is the one who claims to be the best point guard in the league; marbury is the one who crows, "the division is ours now!", and invokes randolph's divine arrival in new york in a way that made me think of that yeats poem, "the second coming." randolph is slouching towards marbury's bethlehem. kidd never makes these declarations; yet his team is the one in the playoffs, year after year. if i were picking teams on a playground (FYI, i'm probably the worst basketball player on this messageboard), i know who i'd choose first.

on the wings, i wager that new jersey still has new york beat. don't get me wrong, i see that randolph is a talented player, and will be a force to be reckoned with. but taking into account the recent history of the atlantic division, i think it's a little early to be making proclamations of the knicks' ascension, and the nets missing out on the playoffs. with an inside presence including kristic and williams, they should, on paper, also be better than they were last year.

........And there you go. That's pretty much the Nets fans' viewpoint.

shafir
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
........And there you go. That's pretty much the Nets fans' viewpoint.
To be honest, I can tell why some may say that the deal was bad for the Knicks because...well...I'm worried myself. We take on extra salary because of the length of Randolph's contract, and we give competition to Eddy Curry.

One possibility is that Curry is going to struggle, and chemistry is going to be hurt. However, the other possibility is that the Knicks dominate the Eastern Conference, average 110 points per game, and Isiah is put on a throne and made mayor. The truth is, the first option is more likely. Fortunately for us, we have Isiah Thomas, the one man in the NBA that can tame Zach Randolph. Us Knick fans have been made laughing stocks of the NBA because of how Isiah has run this team, it can't get much worse, and for some reason, I'm still positive about the situation.

SoulMattic
07-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Let's be real folks, on paper, the Knicks have a talented team.

But there are no paper championships.

Character, chemistry, and determination are factors that the Knicks lack until proven otherwise.

Let's end this thread folks. It's Sunday for Christ's sake.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 09:37 PM

I live in Queens New York, how bout you?

thenextgreatbigman
07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow, what an idiot. I think i'll just convert to a nets fan.

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I live in Queens New York, how bout you?

Hastings-on-Hudson. Yeah, one of the small villages in Westchester, about 10 minutes northbound of Yonkers.

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow, what an idiot. I think i'll just convert to a nets fan.

You talkin to me?

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Hastings-on-Hudson. Yeah, one of the small villages in Westchester, about 10 minutes northbound of Yonkers.

OK, you will be visited by a man.....

RecSpecs110
07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
OK, you will be visited by a man.....

Uh-oh. :oldlol:

ALBballer
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
I can't see how someone can claim that the Knicks only improved slightly from the Randolph deal. Seriously we gave up Francis who's been injured and has had one note-worthy game with the Knicks, and Frye who looked like shyt last year and we add a big man that averaged 24/10. How many bigs have done that? And I haven't seen much of Randolph, but he can't be a worst defender then Frye or Lee, so it's not like we got worst in post defense.

BTW, he's just turing 26, so he fits in with our quasi-youth movement.

elinss86
07-01-2007, 09:58 PM
teams scared all right. scared the krispy kreme twins be stealing all their donuts

thenextgreatbigman
07-01-2007, 10:05 PM
You talkin to me?
no, marbury. not that you're not an idiot

SuperboyXX0018
07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
no, marbury. not that you're not an idiot

Oh. You should of been more specific. You have something against me so I thought you were referring to me.

JoHnShOeZ1492
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
hes getting overexcited its just a halfway decent player

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
hes getting overexcited its just a halfway decent player

Decent player?

23/10 player, If that's decent then your a moron.

dudeguykid
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
did francis and marbury not get along? why is he so excited to get rid of francis?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-01-2007, 10:50 PM
did francis and marbury not get along? why is he so excited to get rid of francis?

He's excited that he just got Zach Randolph who averages a double double. He can care less about Francis.

iggy_needs_help
07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
As much as it hurts me to say, getting Zach Randolph puts the Knicks IMO the top two in the atlantic division (not saying much haha). With that lineup and then the likes of nate robinson and david lee coming off the bench, I see them getting into the playoffs next season.:cry:

:banghead:

knicks15
07-02-2007, 12:40 AM
As much as it hurts me to say, getting Zach Randolph puts the Knicks IMO the top two in the atlantic division (not saying much haha). With that lineup and then the likes of nate robinson and david lee coming off the bench, I see them getting into the playoffs next season.:cry:

:banghead:

there should be 4 decent teams in the division in the celts, nets, raps n knicks. iggys boys will be draggin in the back

wally_world
07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Dis was a good pick up...Da Knicks should make da playoff with this line up:

Stephon Marbury
Jamaal Crawford
Jared Jeffries
Zack Randolph
Eddy Curry

And Dan Dickau, Renaldo Balkman, Nate Robison and David Lee coming off the bench...I smell playoffs :banana:

why is EVERYONE forgetting about Quentin Richardson???!!! he could start dude!

iggy_needs_help
07-02-2007, 12:44 AM
there should be 4 decent teams in the division in the celts, nets, raps n knicks. iggys boys will be draggin in the back

Ouch that hurts!!!!!!!!:cry:

Ol Dirty Bastard
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
starbury needs to calm the f*** down!

Celts34
07-02-2007, 01:57 AM
So how many games will it be before Zach Randolph and Eddie Curry go at it over touches. I'll say by the AS break. I mean it looks like a great trade but aren't Curry and Z-bo games kind of incompatible. Neither is a very good passer, neither plays a lick of defense(although you have to give it to Randolph at least he hits the glass) and both are are on the ball movement killer list. But then again so are Marbury and Crawford. Wow the knicks are going to be a train wreck, this season.

ElPigto
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
This is stupid, Knicks fans are getting all worked over a Zach/Eddy frontcourt.

What's going to happen is that they are going to get in each other's way in the post. It's not like either one of them are willing passers; both are basically black holes. Second, their defense is horrible. Teams will be able to run pick and rolls all freakin game long, and both Zach and Eddy will be a step behind getting to the shooter, or since neither is a shot blocker (or intimidator), guards are going to have a field day.

It's such a bad formula. I mean it would be nice if one of them could play defense, but neither does. The worst is, that neither Jamal nor Stephon can play defense either, therefore their man will be blowing by them and no one will be able to protect the paint. I expect this team to win around 30-35 games next season. If they do make the playoffs, it will be as an eight seed with them going out in the first round in a sweep.

Celts34
07-02-2007, 02:22 AM
On the bright side after the Knicks stink it up this season, their inevitable lottery pick will actually be theirs this season.

DieHardBullsFan
07-02-2007, 02:26 AM
"We got help now! We got help now!"

what the hell is he saying at the end?

Is "Youthyer" a word??...lmao :lol:

DieHardBullsFan
07-02-2007, 02:31 AM
This is stupid, Knicks fans are getting all worked over a Zach/Eddy frontcourt.

What's going to happen is that they are going to get in each other's way in the post. It's not like either one of them are willing passers; both are basically black holes. Second, their defense is horrible. Teams will be able to run pick and rolls all freakin game long, and both Zach and Eddy will be a step behind getting to the shooter, or since neither is a shot blocker (or intimidator), guards are going to have a field day.

It's such a bad formula. I mean it would be nice if one of them could play defense, but neither does. The worst is, that neither Jamal nor Stephon can play defense either, therefore their man will be blowing by them and no one will be able to protect the paint. I expect this team to win around 30-35 games next season. If they do make the playoffs, it will be as an eight seed with them going out in the first round in a sweep.

I cant believe Im defending the Knicks but here I go....

The Knicks will make the playoffs because they have more size now...right now they are the biggest team in the east as far as hieght and in the eastern confrence thats important and with the double threat of these guys in the post, that gives more wide open and high percentage shots to shoot-a-holics (or ball hogs like other ppl call them) for Marbury and Crawford....speaking of defense...the Wizards are making the playoffs every year without it and they are a dangerous offensive team....now dont get me wrong the Knicks defense is piss poor..but they will play like a western confrence team...they will be good next year and if they underachieve then you have to look at two people on this team thats wearing the Knicks down, Marbury and Isiah Thomas.

wang4three
07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Considering Zach shot 40% against this year, I say we've been guarding him fine.

Celts34
07-02-2007, 03:01 AM
I cant believe Im defending the Knicks but here I go....

The Knicks will make the playoffs because they have more size now...right now they are the biggest team in the east as far as hieght and in the eastern confrence thats important and with the double threat of these guys in the post, that gives more wide open and high percentage shots to shoot-a-holics (or ball hogs like other ppl call them) for Marbury and Crawford....speaking of defense...the Wizards are making the playoffs every year without it and they are a dangerous offensive team....now dont get me wrong the Knicks defense is piss poor..but they will play like a western confrence team...they will be good next year and if they underachieve then you have to look at two people on this team thats wearing the Knicks down, Marbury and Isiah Thomas.

The obvious flaw in your statement is the assumption that these guys are going to do something they haven't shown much aptitude in doing for most of their careers. Pass the Ball!!! Eddy Curry maybe the worst big man in the league at passing out of the double team, and Zach randolph isn't far behind. How will the Knicks play like a Western Conference team when neither Randolph nor Curry run the floor well. Teams will have a difficult time matching up when/i they share the ball. However on defense they will be a sieve. Spin the wheel of no-devense because none of their expected starters are even average defenders

El Kabong
07-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Words cannot discribe my dislike for this current Knicks team. They have so many players that frustrate the hell outta me. No point talking about it since it's already been mentioned a million times already. I just find it funny that the one of the only players they have that always plays hard and unselfishly (David Lee) gets put on the backburner again. I'd still pencil the Knicks in with a chance to make the playoffs though.

Celts34
07-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Words cannot discribe my dislike for this current Knicks team. They have so many players that frustrate the hell outta me. No point talking about it since it's already been mentioned a million times already. I just find it funny that the one of the only players they have that always plays hard and unselfishly (David Lee) gets put on the backburner again. I'd still pencil the Knicks in with a chance to make the playoffs though.

I will say this. The only two guys I like on that entire team are david Lee and Ronaldo Balkman

chains5000
07-02-2007, 04:15 AM
Will we have "Free David Lee!!!" threads during the season?

El Kabong
07-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Will we have "Free David Lee!!!" threads during the season?
I'm surprised they haven't started already. Although there was that "David Lee to Houston" one, but that was more a case of the Rockets need a PF not a free DL thread.

LJJ
07-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Haha nice.

Nice to see Marbury still has that fire.

TEXAS BATMAN
07-02-2007, 05:31 AM
The Wizards like the Nets are a team predicated on Running and athletic guards/forwards that can create shots or make plays. Almost similar to the Suns except they actually have a big man and their pg can actually run plays. There's a method to their madness.

The Knicks have ballhogging chuckers. Now not one, but two black holes in the posts. And neither moves well on defense so I expect to see a lot of touch fouls as they attempt to block, that is if they even attempt at all. In some ways this trade work but I see more holes than upside. But hey, it's the East. They'll compete

DieHardBullsFan
07-02-2007, 06:39 AM
The obvious flaw in your statement is the assumption that these guys are going to do something they haven't shown much aptitude in doing for most of their careers. Pass the Ball!!! Eddy Curry maybe the worst big man in the league at passing out of the double team, and Zach randolph isn't far behind. How will the Knicks play like a Western Conference team when neither Randolph nor Curry run the floor well. Teams will have a difficult time matching up when/i they share the ball. However on defense they will be a sieve. Spin the wheel of no-devense because none of their expected starters are even average defenders

I agree with your points...but in the east, (the very weak east) they can make the playoffs, now Im not saying that they are the best Knick team of all-time but they will get by for now with that team. The only teams in the east right now everyone should be concerned with is:

The Bulls: they will have the same squad (pending they dont make any huge deals) and we should be the consensus favor coming out of the east.

Pistons: if they get Billups back...you cant over-look them

Cavs: one year wonders?...Bron-Bron still needs some help, can Gibson play good ball for a full season?

Heat: only if they get rashard lewis, if not dont even consider then...they are old!

Blue&Orange
07-02-2007, 06:47 AM
The obvious flaw in you statement is everything...

Randolph got 2.2 assists per game.

Curry only played like what? 3 months in his entire career being double-teamed, blame the crappy coaches he had for not being prepared, and it's easy to assume that he will develop well in passing off the double teams as he has develop in other aspects since he came to the knicks... hell he was already dealing with the double teams a lot better in the last games of the season.

Now about how their defense sucks, the knicks problem last season was never the interior defense, it was the perimeter defence, it was the 3 points constantly falling, and i don't think that's Curry fault.

http://www.82games.com/0607/0607POR.HTM

As you can see Randolph makes more 9 points then his oposition, now show me a "expert" defender that as a better input fot the team please.

People bashing Curry/Randoph should shut up or say something clever.

SuperboyXX0018
07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Perimeter defense was the Knicks major problem and Isiah took the blame on himself and he said we will improve it. The Knicks came close to making the playoffs last season but injuries occured, this season if they can stay healthy you're a fool if you think they can't capture the 8th or 7th seed.

ElPigto
07-02-2007, 11:39 AM
The obvious flaw in you statement is everything...

Randolph got 2.2 assists per game.

Curry only played like what? 3 months in his entire career being double-teamed, blame the crappy coaches he had for not being prepared, and it's easy to assume that he will develop well in passing off the double teams as he has develop in other aspects since he came to the knicks... hell he was already dealing with the double teams a lot better in the last games of the season.

Now about how their defense sucks, the knicks problem last season was never the interior defense, it was the perimeter defence, it was the 3 points constantly falling, and i don't think that's Curry fault.

http://www.82games.com/0607/0607POR.HTM

As you can see Randolph makes more 9 points then his oposition, now show me a "expert" defender that as a better input fot the team please.

People bashing Curry/Randoph should shut up or say something clever.

You have to think about it a bit though. Randolph played with a defensive center in Joel and Jamaal. I'm not sure about LaMarcus, although he looked decent when I saw clips.

Anyways, now you are pairing two non-defensive post players with each other. I wish I would have watched some Blazers games to make more accurate statements, but I only watched like two of their games. Anyways, I just don't see this frontcourt working because both have slow lateral movement, and are very slow. They don't intimidate nor block shots, which will make offenses make it easier to drive in on them.

Anyways, we'll just have to wait till the regular season, but I stand by my statement. 30 - 35 games.

bail
07-02-2007, 12:57 PM
"dichasee dichasee we got Zach Randolp" :roll:

vert48
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
With help from my Ebonics dictionary, I understood most of what he said.

JalenRawley
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
A while back, I mentioned how when you're dealing with the biggest idiots on the planet, the best way to handle the situation is to just shine a spotlight on them and let them do all of the work for you. They'll make themselves look worse than you ever could. They'll give you all of the ammunition you'll ever need to take shots at them, and predictably, they'll always prove you right.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Stephon Marbury Just put the spotlight on him, and watch himself look like a complete moron. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI (Just reposting the original link for posterity sake)

(Note: This has nothing to do with what Zach Randolph will or will not provide for the Knicks, just how much of a ****ing retard Stephon Marbury is, an undisputed fact reinforced with this video. Ya'll can fight over the what-ifs. I'm busy laughing at Dinglebury.)

bringthetruth
07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
so glad i found this link, I laugh everytime the pitch man in the background, repeats what steph says.:oldlol:

IGOTGAME
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
A while back, I mentioned how when you're dealing with the biggest idiots on the planet, the best way to handle the situation is to just shine a spotlight on them and let them do all of the work for you. They'll make themselves look worse than you ever could. They'll give you all of the ammunition you'll ever need to take shots at them, and predictably, they'll always prove you right.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Stephon Marbury Just put the spotlight on him, and watch himself look like a complete moron. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYY338_JgvI (Just reposting the original link for posterity sake)

(Note: This has nothing to do with what Zach Randolph will or will not provide for the Knicks, just how much of a ****ing retard Stephon Marbury is, an undisputed fact reinforced with this video. Ya'll can fight over the what-ifs. I'm busy laughing at Dinglebury.)

He is just joking around...stop taking it so seriously...Marbury seems like a fine person from what I hear and see him doing off the bball court...

Penny4MVP2k
07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
He is just joking around...stop taking it so seriously...Marbury seems like a fine person from what I hear and see him doing off the bball court...

I agree. Just remember ISH. Stephon Marbury is a great guy... Stephon Marbury is an even greater guy...

Blue&Orange
07-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyways, we'll just have to wait till the regular season, but I stand by my statement. 30 - 35 games.

It can happen, if they play again half-season without 90% of their starters due to injuries.

JalenRawley
07-02-2007, 02:59 PM

If I'm laughing my ass off at him, how is that taking it so seriously?

Wicked_1
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
just wait till it's 4th quarter down by 1 with 1 posession left and Zach calls for the ball and Steph decides to keep it for the last shot watch zach start yelling and crying about not getting teh ball or wait till zach calls for the ball and gets triple teamed but decides to still take the shot and bricks it and cries to the reffs he was foulded and doesnt go back on D. Lets see what steph will be saying!! i saw way too much of it here in portland.

ALBballer
07-02-2007, 03:58 PM

I think it could happen. I don't think we can go on the belief that since we won 33 games last year and now we added a 24/10 player we should be better. The whole Atlantic looks better and I believe a lot of teams weren't playing to their potential to get Oden.

However, what killed Curry was the immediate double teams he would get. He would touch the ball and then the help defender would immediately come to help and the Knicks as a team couldn't punish the other teams. Hopefully that changes a bit with Zach.

ALBballer
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
just wait till it's 4th quarter down by 1 with 1 posession left and Zach calls for the ball and Steph decides to keep it for the last shot watch zach start yelling and crying about not getting teh ball or wait till zach calls for the ball and gets triple teamed but decides to still take the shot and bricks it and cries to the reffs he was foulded and doesnt go back on D. Lets see what steph will be saying!! i saw way too much of it here in portland.

You obviously don't watch the Knicks, because Crawford gets the ball 95% of the time in the last moments of the game.

MJ(Mean John)
03-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Bump.

Can anyone find me a link to the video?

I feel like watching this again.

I tell you what, Marbury really got me pumped even tho I wasn't a Knicks fan. Haha. He had me fooled.

Pra
03-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Bump.

Can anyone find me a link to the video?

I feel like watching this again.

I tell you what, Marbury really got me pumped even tho I wasn't a Knicks fan. Haha. He had me fooled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

no pun intended
03-08-2014, 08:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

this

will

never

ever

get

old

red1
03-08-2014, 08:21 PM