PDA

View Full Version : Perkins posts his top 5 all time small forwards. Has Paul Pierce trending.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2020, 07:03 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2005010432230106.jpeg

Kblaze8855
04-30-2020, 07:07 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessGranularGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllFrigidAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

Rolling in their graves.

Wally450
04-30-2020, 07:12 PM
He also says its the Top 5 that he's seen play. Still, I love Pierce but he shouldn't be in the top 5. Should get an honorable mention though.

And1AllDay
04-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Dr J needs to be on teh list

Smoke117
04-30-2020, 07:19 PM
lol Pierce isn't even the 2nd best SF in his own franchise. And of course the obvious lol at no Julius Erving.

CelticBaller
04-30-2020, 07:29 PM
It pays to be loyal

brownmamba00
04-30-2020, 07:31 PM
The great kendrick perkins

AlternativeAcc.
04-30-2020, 07:41 PM
Darn good list, though I'd have bird and Durant tied for 2nd.

Great list overall.

Whoah10115
04-30-2020, 07:49 PM
Pierce is top 10. But he isn't top 5. One of my guys. And there's also no argument for Durant. Durant is a better player than Pierce, I hate to say it, but it's closer than people think (and I didn't say it's necessarily close btw).

Pierce a more all-around player, for sure. Would have been great to see him play on teams as strong as the Thunder. But, he isn't top 5. And Durant's only claim is if you look at him at his best. Can't see how he's ahead of freaking Dr. J.

Also, people ignore Barry a lot. And there's Baylor. And Pippen, as great as it is for him to be acknowledged, can't be ahead of Erving. Or Barry. Or Havlicek. Or Baylor, too.

tontoz
04-30-2020, 07:51 PM
My dad played pickup games occasionally with Elgin Baylor in DC. Said they called him Rabbit. Averaged 27/8 for his career but it is hard for people today to rate him because they never saw him.

Dr J was the best for highlights for sure. Great player but i would certainly take Lebron, Bird and Durant over him. He has a case for 4th imo.

I think Pippen is too high. Pierce was great and maybe underrated but top 5 ever is probably a reach.

bizil
04-30-2020, 07:52 PM
If Perk is going off of who he's seen play from a GOAT type of status firsthand, that's actually not a bad list. Perk was too young to catch Doc in his prime. And I would put KD over Pip at this point. Then go with Pip at 4th and Pierce at 5th. Even though I think Nique and Worthy should get some honorable mention love. And Kawhi's resume isn't quite there yet.

In general considering ALL ERAS, Bron,Bird, KD, Dr.J,and Hondo would be my top 5 GOAT SF's. From there, Baylor, Pip,Barry, Pierce, and Nique could be ranked in various ways to fill out the top 10.

Roundball_Rock
04-30-2020, 08:38 PM
A lot of these player (in this case) former player all-time lists seem to think basketball didn't exist until 1990 or at best 1980. It is funny he is a Celtic and doesn't have Havlicek.

lilteapot
04-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Kawhi and Dr. J are easily better than Pierce

bizil
04-30-2020, 09:25 PM
IF Perk is talking about guys who he saw firsthand AS IT HAPPENED in their primes, that's not a bad list from a GOAT point of view. Im around Perk's age. And on a GOAT level for SF's I saw firsthand as it happened, my top 5 would be Bron, Bird, KD, Pip, and Pierce or Nique. I go back and forth between those two. Pierce has the ring and Finals MVP. But I think I think Nique was a bit better peak-prime wise. And is 2nd all time in points scored among SF's. Only Bron among the SF's have more points.

BUT from a peak-prime level firsthand, I would roll with Bron, Bird, KD, G Hill, and Nique among the SF's I saw firsthand as it happened. I'm talking about guys who were superstar level players for at least 5 years. Kawhi falls just short of that right now. But of course he will be in my top 5 sooner than later. Just giving props to guys who were great for at least 5 years.

r0drig0lac
04-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Lebron, Bird, Kawhi, Doctor, Durant, Elgin, Whorty, Havlicek, Pippen and Barry are better basketball players than Pierce

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-30-2020, 10:27 PM
Paul Pierce wasn't doing shit in Boston until he got Garnett and Allen.

Smoke117
04-30-2020, 11:25 PM

Pretty much. At the time he he was considered a headache, too. He was really disgruntled before Garnett and Allen showed up. Once you start winning again, though, all is forgiven. He had been on the trading block a few times before they showed because Celtics were sick of his shit.

HoopsNY
04-30-2020, 11:30 PM
I think someone mentioned that he said it's a list of players he's seen. I'd have to put Kawhi ahead of Pierce, by a mile.

HoopsNY
04-30-2020, 11:34 PM
At the same time, let's not forget that despite Pierce not winning a championship prior to the big 3 in Boston, Pierce did manage to take his team to the ECF and was really a great player early on in his career. I recall a statistic I had seen on ESPN way back in 2000 or 2001 that showed how clutch he was and how he averaged the most 4th quarter points.

In addition, he could shoot, was a great rebounder, pass. Pierce was stellar. Let's not forget that you were basically going to get 25-7-5 from Pierce in what was arguably the best defensive era of all time. I feel Pierce's later years sometimes overshadows his earlier ones.

Smoke117
04-30-2020, 11:38 PM
At the same time, let's not forget that despite Pierce not winning a championship prior to the big 3 in Boston, Pierce did manage to take his team to the ECF and was really a great player early on in his career. I recall a statistic I had seen on ESPN way back in 2000 or 2001 that showed how clutch he was and how he averaged the most 4th quarter points.

In addition, he could shoot, was a great rebounder, pass. Pierce was stellar. Let's not forget that you were basically going to get 25-7-5 from Pierce in what was arguably the best defensive era of all time. I feel Pierce's later years sometimes overshadows his earlier ones.

They got to the ECF in 2002 and the early 2000s was the weakest the east has ever been.

HoopsNY
05-01-2020, 12:16 AM
They got to the ECF in 2002 and the early 2000s was the weakest the east has ever been.

While that may be true, consider guys like TMac couldn't even get out of the first round. And after Allen Iverson took his team to the finals in 2001, he didn't sniff even the Eastern Conference Finals with Philadelphia. So what does that say about Pierce? Not saying he was the best player in the game, but he was a great player which can't be denied.

Phoenix
05-01-2020, 03:35 AM
If Perk is going off of who he's seen play from a GOAT type of status firsthand, that's actually not a bad list. Perk was too young to catch Doc in his prime. And I would put KD over Pip at this point. Then go with Pip at 4th and Pierce at 5th. Even though I think Nique and Worthy should get some honorable mention love. And Kawhi's resume isn't quite there yet.

In general considering ALL ERAS, Bron,Bird, KD, Dr.J,and Hondo would be my top 5 GOAT SF's. From there, Baylor, Pip,Barry, Pierce, and Nique could be ranked in various ways to fill out the top 10.

Perk not only is too young to have seen Doc, he's too young to have seen prime Bird too. I mean, if he was watching the NBA at 8 in 92( he was born in 84) he would have caught Larry walking up and down the court his final year. Any of the great 80s forwards would be youtube footage to him if he wanted to see the 'prime' versions.

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 06:00 AM
Same sh*t on ISH. Nothing but hate and stupid comments about Paul Pierce.

LAmbruh
05-01-2020, 06:10 AM
Same sh*t on ISH. Nothing but hate and stupid comments about Paul Pierce.

:lol

Mr Feeny
05-01-2020, 06:36 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HarmlessGranularGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllFrigidAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

Rolling in their graves.

Those are beautiful.

tontoz
05-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Pierce was a beast long before KG showed up.

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot%202020-05-01%20at%209.06.05%20AM_zpsaoedbblc.png (https://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot%202020-05-01%20at%209.06.05%20AM_zpsaoedbblc.png.html)

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 09:17 AM

What a dumbass take. Paul Pierce has a shit team around him and when he actually had anybody worth anything next to him he almost took his team to the finals

Akeem34TheDream
05-01-2020, 09:27 AM
What a dumbass take. Paul Pierce has a shit team around him and when he actually had anybody worth anything next to him he almost took his team to the finals

By saying "anybody worth anything" you mean 2 players as good as him?

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 09:30 AM
By saying "anybody worth anything" you mean 2 players as good as him?

I’m obviously talking about about early Paul Pierce.

Worth anything= Antoine Walker’s lazy ass

Akeem34TheDream
05-01-2020, 10:12 AM
I’m obviously talking about about early Paul Pierce.

Worth anything= Antoine Walker’s lazy ass

Oh I didn't see the almost part. My bad.

tpols
05-01-2020, 10:13 AM
Dr. J and kawhi notable snubs.

tpols
05-01-2020, 10:14 AM

he won more than tmac.

and was on shitty teams too.

nobody was winning with those celtic teams.

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-01-2020, 10:18 AM
he won more than tmac.

and was on shitty teams too.

nobody was winning with those celtic teams.
He had Antoine Walker and still did nothing in the playoffs.Isn't this also the same guy that said he was better than Dwayne Wade?

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 10:57 AM
He had Antoine Walker

:roll:

Whoah10115
05-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Bob Ryan is a Boston guy, and like anybody he can let his emotions get ahead. But Bob Ryan is super respected and completely deserving of all the respect he gets.

He called Paul Pierce the greatest scorer in Celtics history..in 2002. I'm not saying he's right, but that's enough for perspective.

Kawhi Leonard ain't putting up Pierce's numbers in the 2000's, in either conference. And he isn't taking that awful team further than Pierce. As a scorer, Pierce is better than he is. Is Leonard a better rebounder? Arguable. But he isn't as good a passer or playmaker. Offensively, Pierce is definitely better than Kawhi. His defensive game is what makes up much of the difference. But he's not taking over a game the way Pierce did.

Axe
05-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Kawhi could be better in some aspects but load management would ruin some impressions about him.

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Bob Ryan is a Boston guy, and like anybody he can let his emotions get ahead. But Bob Ryan is super respected and completely deserving of all the respect he gets.

He called Paul Pierce the greatest scorer in Celtics history..in 2002. I'm not saying he's right, but that's enough for perspective.

Kawhi Leonard ain't putting up Pierce's numbers in the 2000's, in either conference. And he isn't taking that awful team further than Pierce. As a scorer, Pierce is better than he is. Is Leonard a better rebounder? Arguable. But he isn't as good a passer or playmaker. Offensively, Pierce is definitely better than Kawhi. His defensive game is what makes up much of the difference. But he's not taking over a game the way Pierce did.

Kawhi is better all time due to his accolades but he really just got lucky he played for the spurs where they let him focus on defense while developing his offensive game

Paul Pierce was stuck in a shitty team with a selfish chucker who played no defense as his Pippen. Had young Pierce had a stable franchise like Kahwi had he probably would’ve been a top 25 player of all time

Whoah10115
05-01-2020, 11:23 AM
Kawhi is better all time due to his accolades but he really just got lucky he played for the spurs where they let him focus on defense while developing his offensive game

Paul Pierce was stuck in a shitty team with a selfish chucker who played no defense as his Pippen. Had young Pierce had a stable franchise like Kahwi had he probably would’ve been a top 25 player of all time

Agree with all the details but not that he's better all-time. I can't do anything about how other people rank, but accolades don't make you better or worse. Even success with your team, which is what you play to do. So Kawhi is absolutely below Pierce on the all-time list for me, as he hasn't been as great in his career as Pierce in his.

And I think Pierce is the better player too. The one strong argument people could try and have is that in terms of overall impact in the course of a game, they think Kawhi is better. Ultimately, for all the "He's the better scorer, but this guy the better defender" and so on, impact comes in all the small bits and transitions of a game. It's one reason Barkely is so good and near the top 10. And because Pierce usually played on poor teams and then played on a stacked one where Doc Rivers played it very conservatively, I think there's room for someone to argue it and for me not to jump down a throat.

Besides, this last year and a half Kawhi has really been exceptional, especially putting aside the games he's missed. His level has been so high, and he had something close to an MVP-caliber season in his last full season with San Antonio. But only these last two years has he been the player (for me) that people were propping him up to be. And he won. So I'll listen to someone telling me he's a better player at his best, but I'm nowhere near hearing him ahead of Pierce all-time. And I'm not hearing him being clearly so much better, because it isn't true.

Not saying that's what you're saying, just to be clear.

Akeem34TheDream
05-01-2020, 11:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xNBDotm_E
Was Paul Pierce ever a top 5 player?

Whoah10115
05-01-2020, 11:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xNBDotm_E
Was Paul Pierce ever a top 5 player?

Paul Pierce played with Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Kidd. These are all top 5-7 players in their positions all-time. And I'd take Pierce over McGrady, as I have long prepared for the scorn and abuse that would come my way. I wasn't a fan of Iverson during his pro career, but understand he was a great player.

So if he's #6 #7 in an era with a lot of guys near the top of charts ever, that really has no impact on how good he is. A thing is a thing. Would Kawhi be the top 5? I know you'll say yes because you've come to this awful conclusion that he's the greatest perimeter defender ever, but he isn't and he wouldn't have been top 5 either, even if he was ahead of Pierce.

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-01-2020, 11:38 AM
:roll:

An all-star,no excuses.

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 11:41 AM
An all-star,no excuses.

Jamaal Magloire was an all star as well you idiot

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Jamaal Magloire was an all star as well you idiot

Again didn't get the job done,no excuses.

Wally450
05-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Again didn't get the job done,no excuses.

No one gets the job done by themselves.

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-01-2020, 12:59 PM
No one gets the job done by themselves.

You're giving the guy excuses despite playing next to all-stars.He's supposed to be the leader of the team,when you lose you take the responsibility.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Relative to what others had at the time Antione Walker was a hell of a sidekick. Off the top of my head the only teams with 20ppg second options in those days were the lakers, kings, and mavs with Kobe, peja, and Finley. Antione had his issues but he was more help than Tmac had. And at the time people said he was the leader of the Celtics for the record. Johnny sic and I argued for years about if he was top....whatever. 15 maybe? I don’t know. I didn’t **** with him but he is what that position became. He was a chucking point forward before that was fashionable but he wouldn’t shoot so poorly today I doubt. Nobody does. He was playing GOAT defenses too just like AI, Tmac, Kobe and so on who all shot worse some of those years than top guys of the next era.

As a #2....he was solid. As the man he wouldn’t be. But he was solid help for the time when so many other stars had to be total one man armies.

Vince would have traded Mo Pete for him regardless of what anyone thinks of shooting numbers.

red1
05-01-2020, 03:19 PM
flawless list. :applause:

red1
05-01-2020, 03:19 PM
perkins is a certified contender for highest IQ analyst in broadcast history.

RogueBorg
05-01-2020, 03:42 PM
This list should read;

1. LeBron James
2. Larry Bird
3. Julius Erving
4. Kevin Durant
5. Scottie Pippen

You can swap 4 & 5 if ya like, top 3 locked in. There was a time when the Doctor was one of these most revered players in NBA history. He has to be on the greatest SF list .

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 07:47 PM

Tom Heinson and Robert Parish also called Pierce the best scorer in Celtics history as well. Those 3 have watched more Celtics games than most posters have watched nba games, but I’m suppose to believe an idiot like kblaze. Hey Kblaze how many Elgin Baylor games have you seen?

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 07:49 PM
Believe me about what exactly?

Im not sure I’ve spoken to you in 5-10 years. As I recall that name was tied up in a bunch of shit hating on Ray Allen for some reason.

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 07:56 PM
This has nothing to do with Ray Allen. Don’t bring up that bum.
You are posting gifs as if you have seen Doctor j or Elgin Baylor play, and can accurately rank them over a modern player. FOH. Like Perk, I’ve seen Pierce play at his best. He’s one of the most skilled and offensively sound players ever. Miss me with your gifs.

dreamshake
05-01-2020, 08:01 PM
No one gives a shit about Kendrick Perkins opinion. Dude was a scrub NBA player averaging like 2rbs per game in the playoffs. He was fortunate enough to carry Durant, LeBron and KG's jockstraps to every game.

All talk, no game.

The real top 5 SFs in league history are:
1) Larry Bird
2) Magic Johnson
3) Kawhi Leonard
4) Kevin Durant
5) LeBron James

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:02 PM
I have seen Doctor J play. I have not seen elgin baylor. I’ve also not see Sugar Ray Robinson. Still goes over De La Hoya.

And Ray Allen being a bum? Yea....you’re to be disregarded. I was pretty sure already but like I said it’s been a while. This guy is the “Simon” to Pierces Lebron. The Warriorfan to his Steph.

You can’t have a reasonable conversation with such a person.

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:05 PM
This has nothing to do with Ray Allen. Don’t bring up that bum.
You are posting gifs as if you have seen Doctor j or Elgin Baylor play, and can accurately rank them over a modern player. FOH. Like Perk, I’ve seen Pierce play at his best. He’s one of the most skilled and offensively sound players ever. Miss me with your gifs.

I see Paul Pierce's personal cheerleader is back on the board. :oldlol:

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Tom Heinson and Robert Parish also called Pierce the best scorer in Celtics history as well. Those 3 have watched more Celtics games than most posters have watched nba games, but I’m suppose to believe an idiot like kblaze. Hey Kblaze how many Elgin Baylor games have you seen?

Paul Pierce a better scorer than Larry Bird? :roll:

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 08:13 PM
I have seen Doctor J play. I have not seen elgin baylor. I’ve also not see Sugar Ray Robinson. Still goes over De La Hoya.

And Ray Allen being a bum? Yea....you’re to be disregarded. I was pretty sure already but like I said it’s been a while. This guy is the “Simon” to Pierces Lebron. The Warriorfan to his Steph.

You can’t have a reasonable conversation with such a person.

So you never seen Baylor play but you are implying that it’s blasphemous for somebody to rank Pierce over him, or think he was a better player?
Would you rank a 60s PG like Bob Cousy over a modern day perennially allstar PG? You wouldn’t, right?
So why you rank somebody from 60s that you’ve never seen play over a modern day SF who scored 26k points?
Elgin Baylor has a lower career shooting % than Pierce despite there being no 3pt line back then. You have to be crazy to think he was better player.

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Paul Pierce a better scorer than Larry Bird? :roll:

Have you watched more Celtics games than Tom Heinson or Bob Ryan? Because they both think so. I’m pretty sure they know less than message board bums though.

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Have you watched more Celtics games than Tom Heinson or Bob Ryan? Because they both think so. I’m pretty sure they know less than message board bums though.

Like you could ever have an objective opinion about Paul Pierce. You are as bad as the rest of these stans. Anything you say is worthless. Also, the so and so said argument is the definition of pathetic.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Just remember while you’re posting Tom Heinson quotes for credibility that he said:

“Elgin Baylor as a forward beats out Bird, Julius Erving, and everybody else. A lot of people don’t remember him, but he had the total game—defense, offense, everything, rebounding, passing the ball.”

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Like you could ever have an objective opinion about Paul Pierce. You are as bad as the rest of these stans. Anything you say is worthless.

Miss me with nonsense. Either answer my question or stop quoting me.

Have you watched more Celtics games than Tom Heinson, Robert Parish and Bob Ryan? Three guys who have all gone on record saying Pierce was the best scorer in franchise history.

Duranthebest
05-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Just remember while you’re posting Tom Heinson quotes for credibility that he said:

“Elgin Baylor as a forward beats out Bird, Julius Erving, and everybody else. A lot of people don’t remember him, but he had the total game—defense, offense, everything, rebounding, passing the ball.”

Touché. Still hard for me to put a player who shot 43% for his career with no three point line over players who shot a higher % with a 3 point line.

tpols
05-01-2020, 08:28 PM
ray allen was good when he was on, but was hilariously bad sometimes.

TheImmortal
05-01-2020, 08:29 PM
LOL at this list.. trash.

Head to head mano e mano on the biggest stage Kevin "Gauntlet" Durant >>> LeBron James easily.

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:29 PM
ray allen was good when he was on, but was hilariously bad sometimes.

Uh, what Ray Allen are you talking about? A past his prime Celtics Ray Allen? When was Ray Allen "hilariously bad" on the Bucks and Sonics? You probably don't even remember Ray Allen from then. All your memories are Celtics and Heat Allen. I'll take Ray Allen at his best any day over Paul Pierce at his best.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Once you throw in the “at times” everyone is everything.

tpols
05-01-2020, 08:33 PM
he was a scrub in '09 playoffs, and put up an all time bad 2010 finals. 96 ORTG from a guy who was usually excellent.

If he even has a slightly below performance, the celtics win that in a landslide.

He was extremely underwhelming on the Celtics.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:42 PM
Not really shocking for a 34 and 35 year old. Better players than Ray were looking flabby and sick by that age. Thats about the age Hakeem was in the pinstriped jersey getting styled on by the Jazz.

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:50 PM
he was a scrub in '09 playoffs, and put up an all time bad 2010 finals. 96 ORTG from a guy who was usually excellent.

If he even has a slightly below performance, the celtics win that in a landslide.

He was extremely underwhelming on the Celtics.

He got hurt in the 2010 finals. Ron artest kneed him in the thigh and gave him a bone bruise. After that he couldn't get the right lift on his jump shot. I'd also love to know how he was a scrub in the 7 game series vs the Bulls in 2009. Please enlighten me? Was it when he dropped 51 points or 30 and the game winner? He admittedly had a tough Magic series, but he was the only one who actually showed up in game 7.

red1
05-01-2020, 08:51 PM
this is what high IQ looks like ladies and gentlemen:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2005010432230106.jpeg

and this is what athletic perfection looks like:

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/61813_Clutch.jpg
https://images.eurohoops.net/2017/06/r210880_4680x3212cc-1.jpg

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 08:54 PM
Uh, what Ray Allen are you talking about? A past his prime Celtics Ray Allen? When was Ray Allen "hilariously bad" on the Bucks and Sonics? You probably don't even remember Ray Allen from then. All your memories are Celtics and Heat Allen. I'll take Ray Allen at his best any day over Paul Pierce at his best.

Paul Pierce was better than Ray Allen and you know it lmao

tpols
05-01-2020, 08:54 PM
Not really shocking for a 34 and 35 year old. Better players than Ray were looking flabby and sick by that age. Thats about the age Hakeem was in the pinstriped jersey getting styled on by the Jazz.

there was absolutely no issue with his conditioning or physical ability in those years.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Still kinda burns:

https://youtu.be/sDmDWUOWjbY

Smoke117
05-01-2020, 08:57 PM
there was no issue with his conditioning or physical ability in those years.

it was purely a performance issue and shows the variability of relying on 3's too much.

What do you mean there is no issue with physical ability? He clearly wasn't the player he used to be 5 years earlier in 2009 and 2010.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 08:58 PM
there was absolutely no issue with his conditioning or physical ability in those years.

Not how it works. Ray Allen looks like he could play now. Shit Herschel Walker looks like he could still play in the nfl. But age can’t always be seen.

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 09:00 PM
Still kinda burns:

Dude balled out that series

Then disappeared in the next couple of games

Kinda the story of his career as a celtic tbh.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 09:02 PM
Walker at 20 vs like 53

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2005020630010277.png

Bet that old ***** ain’t taking more than 5 handoffs though.

tpols
05-01-2020, 09:03 PM
The '09 Celtics lost to the baby dwight magic.

Pierce had a 117 ORTG. Ray? 90.

45 TS.

And this was the off ball sharp shooter guy... pierce got the lion share of respect from defenses.

Dont tell me shit about pierce vs ray.

red1
05-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Still kinda burns:

what a series. one of the best first round series of all-time.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iFJtxt0rs_M/TUiFuotLOuI/AAAAAAAAACw/fP5HuJ53emk/s1600/kg1.gif
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iFJtxt0rs_M/TUiFuotLOuI/AAAAAAAAACw/fP5HuJ53emk/s1600/kg1.gif

Kblaze8855
05-01-2020, 09:11 PM
You arent talking about pierce vs ray. You’re talking like....Rockets Barkley vs Bucks Gary Payton. Similar in appearance to the true version but....not really.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DigitalFirsthandBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DelectableCelebratedIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrokenAssuredBluet-size_restricted.gif

That guy didn’t exist in 2009 or 10. It was like maybe...Shaq in Phoenix. Still a good player. But he wouldn’t be Shaq if that’s all he ever was.

CelticBaller
05-01-2020, 09:12 PM
The '09 Celtics lost to the baby dwight magic.

Pierce had a 117 ORTG. Ray? 90.

45 TS.

And this was the off ball sharp shooter guy... pierce got the lion share of respect from defenses.

Dont tell me shit about pierce vs ray.

Career stats Pierce beats him in almost every category but fg% by like 1% too lol

Even advanced stats say Pierce is better. Idk why this is even a discussion when in their prime the answer was obvious

tpols
05-01-2020, 09:16 PM
neither did pierce in those years.

I could poast a couple gifs of pierce dunking on dudes... he didnt do that in '09 or '10 either. in fact he was less athletic than ray at that point.

Paul Pierce was a far more violent dunker than ray allen in his youth. He was sneaky violent.