PDA

View Full Version : Who was the toughest team Jordan's bulls faced during his entire time there?

LukeWalton
05-04-2020, 01:27 AM
Based on the documentary, Jordan said eastern finals was harder than the finals.
saying the Pistons was the hardest team (MJ Bulls was 1-3 against the Pistons in the playoffs, so it was bitter sweet for him)

Episode 6 of last dance says the Knicks were the toughest team

Stats wise, the Suns were close to forcing a game 7 though

who you got

Roundball_Rock
05-04-2020, 10:47 AM
It has to be the Knicks if you are talking the championship years. They had the Bulls on the ropes in 93' and forced a game 7 in 92'. The Knicks and Jazz were the only teams to give the Bulls trouble on multiple occasions. The Knicks put the Bulls under pressure than the Jazz did, though (forcing a Game 7, taking a 2-0 lead with HCA, etc.).

Carbine
05-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Pacers

FireDavidKahn
05-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Knicks. Good thing Mr. Tree Trunk saved the day.

Knicks went up 2-0 on the Bulls, in game 3 Pippen responded and Michael went 3/18.

Let’s see how they portray this in the documentary ��

Roundball_Rock
05-04-2020, 11:41 AM

They portrayed it as MJ single handedly saving the day. :lol

FireDavidKahn
05-04-2020, 11:49 AM
They portrayed it as MJ single handedly saving the day. :lol

Seriously. I recognize MJ's greatness but the constant slander that he never played like shit and that his team never carried him at times is ridiculous. MJ had horseshit games even in series clinching games that the Bulls won in the play offs and doesn't get knocked for it.

If people were really honest then there wouldn't be an equal amount of trolling against MJ. Same goes for LBJ, Kobe, etc...

Roundball_Rock
05-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Seriously. I recognize MJ's greatness but the constant slander that he never played like shit and that his team never carried him at times is ridiculous. MJ had horseshit games even in series clinching games that the Bulls won in the play offs and doesn't get knocked for it.

If people were really honest then there wouldn't be an equal amount of trolling against MJ. Same goes for LBJ, Kobe, etc...

:applause:

Amen brother!

One of the other myths always pushed is MJ played with a random set of teammates. Look at the Knicks. Their second and third best players were Starks and Oakley. We are supposed to believe the Bulls did not have a major talent advantage over teams like that?

JBSptfn
05-04-2020, 12:01 PM
In the playoffs, the 1986 Celtics were the best team that MJ ever faced.

Goldrush25
05-04-2020, 12:14 PM
I took this to mean once the Bulls started winning championships because I don't see the Celtics listed in your choices. The 86-87 Celtics teams were the best team he faced in his career.

Once the Bulls rose to prominence there wasn't a lot of resistance. The Knicks were physical but were a very flawed team. They had no shooting, and really no shot to win. The Knicks also did nothing when MJ retired so I don't want to hear anything about how many championships they would've won if not for MJ.

Roundball_Rock
05-04-2020, 12:51 PM
Once the Bulls rose to prominence there wasn't a lot of resistance. The Knicks were physical but were a very flawed team. They had no shooting, and really no shot to win. The Knicks also did nothing when MJ retired so I don't want to hear anything about how many championships they would've won if not for MJ.

The Knicks lacked talent. They tried to imitate the Pistons but it only went so far as they lacked the talent of the Pistons and the Bulls were better then than they were from 88'-90'.

I watched some of the Bulls-Knicks playoff games from 92' and 93' recently and it struck me how little help Ewing got on offense. John Starks is not a legitimate second option.

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-04-2020, 12:52 PM
It's either the 92 Knicks or the 93 Suns

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Far as the 90s go?

Gotta go w/ New York and Utah. The Jazz in 97 were probably better than in 98 but even that's close.

Houston in the mid 90s would've been their toughest matchup imo. A Finals with peak Hakeem and Jordan would be lit.

DoctorP
05-04-2020, 01:17 PM

knicks? please. Jordan was drunk until they went down 0-2

Manny98
05-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Probably the old age pensioner Utah Jazz led by 40 year old Karl Malone

Mamba4Life
05-04-2020, 01:28 PM
Whoever they were, they were probably equal to the 2016-2018 Raptors

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Whoever they were, they were probably equal to the 2016-2018 Raptors
08-09 Orlando Magic >>> 16-18 Toronto Craptors

bullettooth
05-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Larry Legend's 80s Celtics, duh.

Manny98
05-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Larry Legend's 80s Celtics, duh.
And he got his ass beat 2 years in a row by them

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

bullettooth
05-04-2020, 04:09 PM
And he got his ass beat 2 years in a row by them

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

No shame in losing against one of the greatest teams ever when you have nobody on your team.

But can you imagine how much shit you would give MJ if he teamed up with Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas and still lost in the finals against an underdog?

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-04-2020, 05:10 PM
Toughest team the Bulls faced in the playoffs were Bird's Celtics without question.Toughest team they beat are between the Suns and the Knicks.The Suns were stacked offensively,Jordan had to go apeshit and average 41 to beat them.Knicks were a nightmare defensively,prevented Jordan and the Bulls from getting to the basket and forced them to shoot jumpshots,very physical series took the Bulls to 7 games in 92 eastern semifinals.

r0drig0lac
05-04-2020, 05:45 PM
Celtics
Lakers
Pistons
Sonics

DoctorP
05-04-2020, 05:47 PM
how could i be the only one to vote Sonics

KEMP
PAYTON
SHREMPF
PERKINS
GTFO

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-04-2020, 06:10 PM

KEMP
PAYTON
SHREMPF
PERKINS
GTFO

Suns
BARKLEY
JOHNSON
MAJERLE
DUMAS
CHAMBERS
AINGE

Knicks
EWING
MCDANIEL
STARKS
WILKINS
JACKSON
OAKLEY
MASON

Jazz
MALONE
STOCKTON
HORNACEK
RUSSELL

Trail Blazers
DREXLER
PORTER
KERSEY
ROBINSON
DUCKWORTH
WILLIAMS
AINGE

DoctorP
05-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Suns
BARKLEY
JOHNSON
MAJERLE
DUMAS
CHAMBERS
AINGE

Knicks
EWING
MCDANIEL
STARKS
WILKINS
JACKSON
OAKLEY
MASON

Jazz
MALONE
STOCKTON
HORNACEK
RUSSELL

Trail Blazers
DREXLER
PORTER
KERSEY
ROBINSON
DUCKWORTH
WILLIAMS
AINGE

I will take prime Kemp/Payton over all of thos guys listed. BAR NONE

and then you have Shrempf

Roundball_Rock
05-04-2020, 06:37 PM
No shame in losing against one of the greatest teams ever when you have nobody on your team.

Nobody? He had Orlando Woolridge scoring 23 a game (25 later in his career), Oakley and Dailey scoring 16. Not the 17' Warriors offense but not "nobody."

The Suns were stacked offensively,Jordan had to go apeshit and average 41

Which speaks volumes about their "defense." Look at those games. Jordan had no difficulty scoring. The Knicks "held" MJ to 32 PPG on 40% in the previous series; against the Suns he had 41 PPG on 51%. The Suns never got farther than the second round after that.

What did the Sonics do outside of that one year, though? The Knicks, Jazz backed up their performance up across multiple seasons unlike the Sonics or Suns (Blazers had some success but did nothing after 92'). The Sonics always posted great regular season records, had talent but that group with Payton/Schrempf/Kemp got past the second round only once.

SATAN
05-04-2020, 09:35 PM
http://i1.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Larry_Bird_FI.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024