PDA

View Full Version : "Republicans buy sneakers too"

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 06:37 PM
I was surprised mj and the doc addressed this given mj has always tried to avoid any controversy. Personally im on the fence with mj and his stance or lack there of on social issues. As a black man (in stephen a voice) ive always been disappointed that mj never used his voice and power to help the black community. He seemed to only care about his image and his bank account. Another part of me feels like other than his family mj dosnt owe anyone anything.

How do yall feel about it?

red1
05-04-2020, 07:02 PM
he doesnt owe anyone anything

I just wish he'd stop cheating grandmothers in card games.

unfathomable thinking of the countless people mj has cheated during his time on this earth.

IMO he still owes pippen an apology for cheating him out of two potential rings retiring to play baseball.

DoctorP
05-04-2020, 07:03 PM
not everyone has to be political.

what could he have done differently in hindsight? the jesse helms thing? ok

but what other causes could he have contributed to? building schools?

Hawker
05-04-2020, 07:06 PM
Could people not see MJ and what he does on the court and see how hard he works and translate that hard work into their own life to be successful?

BigKobeFan
05-04-2020, 07:15 PM
Why does the black community always need help? Is it because they feel inferior already? This is reverse racism and you are enforcing it. No other race needs to "help their community" because of their race.

DoctorP
05-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Why does the black community always need help? Is it because they feel inferior already? This is reverse racism and you are enforcing it. No other race needs to "help their community" because of their race.

thats probably how Jordan saw it

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 07:32 PM
he doesnt owe anyone anything

I just wish he'd stop cheating grandmothers in card games.

unfathomable thinking of the countless people mj has cheated during his time on this earth.

IMO he still owes pippen an apology for cheating him out of two potential rings retiring to play baseball.

The grandmother comment is pretty funny but i disagree on the pip thing. Not sure they win if mj stayed. Seemed like he needed the break and it helped him for the second threepeat. We'll never really know though.

Plus pip owed him one for 1990 migraine game 7 so if anything mj only owed him for 1.

Haymaker
05-04-2020, 07:44 PM
I was surprised mj and the doc addressed this given mj has always tried to avoid any controversy. Personally im on the fence with mj and his stance or lack there of on social issues. As a black man (in stephen a voice) ive always been disappointed that mj never used his voice and power to help the black community. He seemed to only care about his image and his bank account. Another part of me feels like other than his family mj dosnt owe anyone anything.

How do yall feel about it?

MJ did right in remaining neutral. His voice could've divided even more the nation in a very delicate time.

Haymaker
05-04-2020, 07:45 PM
The grandmother comment is pretty funny but i disagree on the pip thing. Not sure they win if mj stayed. Seemed like he needed the break and it helped him for the second threepeat. We'll never really know though.

Plus pip owed him one for 1990 migraine game 7 so if anything mj only owed him for 1.

Rockets would've won at least once between 94-95. They were as good as the Bulls themselves.

SATAN
05-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Meanwhile kids been killing each other over these over rated and over priced shoes...Who cares though.

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 07:51 PM

you must be white because its clear you lack understanding based on this comment.

Its not about needing help dude. Its just nice when you get it and people do it.

And plenty of people help their own. White people have been helping other white peope forever. This was the 80's. White people owned all the companies and businesses. Who do you think they were hiring?

Immigrants who come here often make their money and bring over there family and friends. They help each other out in many ways.

Thats the issue. In general black people dont help each other out as much as others do. For hundreds of years they've been taught to hate themselves and their own people. So not only were they battling hate from others we also had to deal with self hate and hate from our own. Thats why its nice when blacks do decide to help others.

That said i dont think anyone owes anyone else a handout. We shouldnt criticize those who dont but we should definitely praise those who do.

CelticBaller
05-04-2020, 07:51 PM
Idgaf, I watch my own pockets

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 07:52 PM
MJ did right in remaining neutral. His voice could've divided even more the nation in a very delicate time.

Maybe. Sometimes you have to do that to create change though

Haymaker
05-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Maybe. Sometimes you have to do that to create change though

MJ was influential, as a sports star, but that wouldn't necessarily translate into legislation or something like that. The 90s were difficult in terms of racial issues and the events that marked the decade led to eventual changes in the coming decades. MJ doing this or that would've been irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 08:39 PM
MJ was influential, as a sports star, but that wouldn't necessarily translate into legislation or something like that. The 90s were difficult in terms of racial issues and the events that marked the decade led to eventual changes in the coming decades. MJ doing this or that would've been irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah your probably right. Not sure how many votes dude lost by but i dought mj's endorsement would of swayed the vote.

Bronbron23
05-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Idgaf, I watch my own pockets

yeah most of me feels the same way. Theres that other part of ne that wants to help the less fortunate whenever i can. I cant blame anyone for only taking care of themselves or there family though