PDA

View Full Version : What if Cleveland drafted Giannis instead of Anthony Bennett, how many rings?

LukeWalton
05-05-2020, 04:05 AM
Cleveland had the first choice in the 2013 draft

in that draft they had the option of anyone... like Giannis, Oladipo, Steven Adams, Schroeder, Iverson, etc
but they chose Bennett

what if they chose Giannis

how many rings would they have?

at this time LeBron was still on the Heat, but the Cavs did have Kyrie

FultzNationRISE
05-05-2020, 04:10 AM
Cleveland had the first choice in the 2013 draft

in that draft they had the option of anyone... like Giannis, Oladipo, Steven Adams, Schroeder, Iverson, etc
but they chose Bennett

what if they chose Giannis

how many rings would they have?

at this time LeBron was still on the Heat, but the Cavs did have Kyrie

So then the answer is zero.

Pretty simple. :confusedshrug:

GimmeThat
05-05-2020, 04:13 AM
I think the late concensus has been about 2 rings, I'm guessing players are ditching the 3+ rings model and they are left for those to ponder based upon all NBA-selections

in which in the argument of talent versus fit, it should go to talent, or we wouldn't be here talking about Giannis

LAmbruh
05-05-2020, 04:17 AM

seems pretty black n white :confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
05-05-2020, 04:19 AM
seems pretty black n white :confusedshrug:

Imagine asking how many chips for a team with Kyrie and no Lebron :roll:

I mean.... no offense OP.

But :roll:

LAmbruh
05-05-2020, 04:21 AM
Imagine asking how many chips for a team with Kyrie and no Lebron :roll:

I mean.... no offense OP.

But :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9KVhqa73p4iKZ3fq/200.gif

LukeWalton
05-05-2020, 04:34 AM

think about it this way

that was the last year Lebron was on the Heat, then he moved back to Cleveland

would he still move back to the land?
they also gave up Wiggy and Benett for Love
what if Lebron came back, they kept kyrie as usual. maybe they didnt trade wiggins or giannis for Love. they keep it with these three
(or maybe they trade wigggins and waiters for love instead)

SATAN
05-05-2020, 04:39 AM
Depends if JR Smith gets enough sleep

coastalmarker99
05-05-2020, 04:57 AM
think about it this way

that was the last year Lebron was on the Heat, then he moved back to Cleveland

would he still move back to the land?
they also gave up Wiggy and Benett for Love
what if Lebron came back, they kept kyrie as usual. maybe they didnt trade wiggins or giannis for Love. they keep it with these three
(or maybe they trade wigggins and waiters for love instead)

they most likely win the title in 2017 the Cavs biggest problem in the series was whenever LeBron would go to the bench they would get destroyed for example in game 3 In 46 minutes with LeBron on the floor, the Cavaliers outscored the Warriors by seven points. In the two minutes he spent on the bench, Golden State ran off 12 points. That means James finished the night +7 and his team still lost by five. with Giannis i can't see that happening i think the cavs win the title that year as giannis is a better body to throw at durant then an old Richard Jefferson lol.

coastalmarker99
05-05-2020, 05:09 AM
Also, remember that the Cavs centres were horrible you could have a starting line up in the finals of kyrie at the 1 jr at the 2 Lebron at the 3 love at the 4 and Giannis at the 5 and that Cavs team had shooters that would space the floor for both LeBron and Giannis. That Cavs team in 2017 with Giannis would have gone down as a top 5 team in NBA history that's 4 hall of famers in the starting line up alone. to answer your question I can see anywhere between 2 to 4 tiles for the Cavs with Giannis as LeBron more than likely stays with the Cavs rather than bolting off to La they 100 per cent beat the raptors in 2019. and it depends if the warriors are hurt like they were in real life. And if Kawhi still leaves the east then Lebron and Giannis have a three-year window between 2020 to 2022 to keep going to the finals and I would back them to go all three years as the east would be pretty weak outside of the 76ers.