PDA

View Full Version : Owners of non-playoff teams not crazy about resuming this season

Hey Yo
05-05-2020, 08:03 AM
The question becomes, should the NBA play out the regular season, or at last a portion of it, or jump straight into the postseason?

Nets owner Joe Tsai, speaking last week at a Stanford’s Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders virtual event, suggested the feelings among owners is not unified on the regular season question

“The reality is everybody is still trying to figure things out with the hope that maybe we can reopen the season —the current season— because … think about this: the Los Angeles Lakers or the Milwaukee Bucks, they’re in first place when the season got suspended. There’s a chance of them going for the championship. Of course, they want to play. The players want to play. The ownership wants to play.

“Then, there are other teams, if you’re in 28th place, maybe this season isn’t that important. So there’s a difference of opinion among the owners as well.”

Steve Kerr mentioned something similar a month ago.

“Look, for us, our season is basically over,” Kerr said. “If the league was somehow to start up again, it’s very unlikely we would be playing regular-season games given that they’d be in such a time crunch. Who knows?

“But I’m feeling for all the teams in the fight, in the thick of it for a championship, that are in the playoff race, teams that have put so much into this, and this was obviously a year for us where we were trying to get healthy, trying to develop some young guys. So I’m not concerned about our guys, our team. I feel sorry for the teams that are kind of in limbo right now.”

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/05/05/nets-owner-joe-tsai-suggests-some-non-playoff-team-owners-not-into-restarting-regular-season/

SATAN
05-05-2020, 08:26 AM
I don't understand this mentality from massively over paid athletes and higher ups. You're only people like the rest of us. You aren't literally the heroes the media makes you out to be. Imagine having a court at your own house and complaining so much. Take up a new hobby perhaps? Probably don't have to work ever again anyway. U.S.A is literally the laughing stock of the world right now. Most people could not watch sport ever again and do something else, pretty sad if not...Like the MJ super fans who haven't watched many games since he retired.