PDA

View Full Version : Trey Young

SATAN
05-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Just watching a few highlights and thought I'd come to insidehoops with some meanderings. Wondering what you guys think he would be like on a good team. His style of play and stats make me wonder what he is truly capable of. Let's think, for instance, if he were surrounded by a greatly structured organization focused of development, a great supporting cast and had great guy Steve Kerr at the helm coaching? What would that be like? He is in year 2 and showing some serious potential to have iconic playoff moments going forward. What do you guys think his ceiling is? Is 35, 10, 6 a possibility? Let's discuss the potential GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5HwJYqoPg

petezahut
05-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Pretty much anyone in the NBA can score as many points as they want if their team allows them to shoot as many shots as they want

SATAN
05-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Yinka Dare could average 50ppg. Heard it hear first, folks. Courtesy is petezahut.

Clippersfan86
05-05-2020, 09:55 AM
We are truly spoiled. What Luka+Trae are doing their first two years is truly historic. Trae is putting up 30/9/4 in year 2... as a supposedly small, weak guard. Guards usually take a few years to reach stardom. Bad team or not, that's insane.

SATAN
05-05-2020, 10:59 AM
Exactly. He's possibly going to be better than many greats but many fans don't care because he's on the Hawks. A guy that didn't grow up with a professional basketball playing father will probably have a better career than Stephan Curry, which is crazy to me. Give the guy some credit, basketball fans.

r0drig0lac
05-05-2020, 01:08 PM
he will be the best player in the 2018 draft (I called that before his debut season)

ShawkFactory
05-05-2020, 11:30 PM
He bombs way too much but at the same time is unselfish as they come as a person. He wants someone with him to share the load.

If Trae were on an actual good team he’d be a 22/12 kind of guy. Who would keep defenses honest because it could be a lot more than 22

Horatio33
05-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Can't defend a statue.

Lebron23
05-06-2020, 01:22 AM
Can't defend a statue.

I agree. Trae is like Nash on defense.

LostCause
05-06-2020, 11:53 AM
I don’t see him being the best player on a championship team unless he gets a Warriors like team around him. He’s more of a playmaker than Curry is but isn’t nearly as efficient a shooter. That should improve though and if he gets to Currys level offensively I’ll change my mind

But presuming he doesn’t get there, he has a lot of holes in his game that will make it hard to win with him as your top guy. His defense being the most glaring

Still one of my favorite players to follow currently

ncrizzle
05-07-2020, 12:23 PM
you will really have to put the right pieces around him because people will attack him on offense all game

Horatio33
05-07-2020, 04:23 PM
I agree. Trae is like Nash on defense.

He makes Nash look like Scottie Pippen.