PDA

View Full Version : 25th year Anniversary 8 points, 9 seconds.

Reggie43
05-07-2020, 07:17 PM
https://youtu.be/YoCpMguR4cQ

Reggie43
05-07-2020, 07:26 PM
https://youtu.be/QrN7ygK-OAg

Reggie43
05-07-2020, 07:29 PM
https://youtu.be/MRLysMEHokI

SATAN
05-07-2020, 10:01 PM
One of the more over looked moments in NBA history

Reggie43
05-08-2020, 05:24 AM
One of the more over looked moments in NBA history

Yep espeacially if you consider the fact that nobody has done anything similar in a playoff environment.

Dragonyeuw
05-08-2020, 05:33 AM
The original '13 in 33 wtf just happened?!' moment.

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 06:01 AM
The faces of those Knick fans are just hillarious. I wonder who they hate more - Jordan or Reggie?

oldtimer28
05-08-2020, 07:10 AM
We are now punished by his insufferable commentating :(

Phoenix
05-08-2020, 07:24 AM
We are now punished by his insufferable commentating :(

*Click* this is your Kodak moment!

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 07:33 AM
The faces of those Knick fans are just hillarious. I wonder who they hate more - Jordan or Reggie?

Reggie was more annoying but they usually beat him in the playoffs. His knick killer reputation is mostly built off impressive moments in series they lost. I think the knicks beat them in the playoffs 3 times.

Phoenix
05-08-2020, 07:37 AM
I was looking at the 2000 playoff picture yesterday and forgot the Knicks got to the conference finals that year, losing to the Pacers. Anyways yeah, Reggie was more a tormentor than MJ was in terms of how he handled Knicks fans. Plus, MJ has always revered playing at MSG so I think there is an appreciation factor even if they 'hated' him knocking their team out annually.

Whoah10115
05-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Still hurts.

Reggie43
05-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Reggie was more annoying but they usually beat him in the playoffs. His knick killer reputation is mostly built off impressive moments in series they lost. I think the knicks beat them in the playoffs 3 times.

Pacers beating them half the time probably has something to do with the Knick Killer rep. Pacers actually have the lead on the alltime series 4-3 but the last win was courtesy of the George/West/Hibbert led Pacers over Melo's Knicks.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Just seems weird to me. How many times can a team beat you with you still being considered their killer? It’s like calling LeBron the Celtic killer. Sure he beat the Celtics....but they beat him several times too so it’s kinda....you know?

Id say that was only the knicks second or third biggest rival. Those Bulls series were epic and violent but both of us probably go behind Heat fans far as Knick hatred at the time. Even putting aside the multiple fights(at least 3 major brawls) and Houston breaking Miami’s heart when they knocked them out without Ewing....remember the riley beef?

The Heat offered Riley ownership and tampered to get him to break his deal and come run the Heat....and the Knicks filed charges and won.

That was serious beef. We al hated the knocks back then but the Heat and knicks had on and off the floor beef. Pacers and Bulls was mostly basketball.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:13 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConsciousGlossyApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

^

Heart breaker. They just knew it was their year when Jordan was gone.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:14 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PopularTartJaeger-size_restricted.gif

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:16 AM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/zovangundy1.gif?w=1000

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Calling it "the most blatant example of tampering I have seen in 12 years in the N.B.A.," Dave Checketts said yesterday that the Knicks had filed tampering charges against the Miami Heat, which has been courting the recently departed Pat Riley for its vacant head-coaching job.
"We have formally filed tampering charges with Commissioner David Stern today against the Miami Heat organization," said Checketts, the president of Madison Square Garden. "We believe that they have tortiously interfered with our contractual relationship with Pat Riley."

Knicks won the case and Miami had to give them a million dollars and a first round pick. Miami got Riley and 3 rings. Knicks got cash and Walter Mccarty.

Reggie43
05-08-2020, 08:28 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConsciousGlossyApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

^

Heart breaker. They just knew it was their year when Jordan was gone.

Felt the same for the Pacers but we suffered the same fate. We probably win the series if Ewing was healthy thus limiting Camby's minutes.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:31 AM
Perhaps but they played 4 years in a row with all 4 series going the distance. That might have been the most underrated rivalry ever other than the 76er/Celtics one nobody cares about anymore.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:39 AM
Did you laugh as much as I did watching Timmy destroy the knicks in game 7 in 97?

https://youtu.be/Fbw89ZnAwwE

Anyone not old enough to remember watch that from like 3 minutes on. Absolutely crushing third quarter. Tim hitting wild threes all over the place. I about died laughing at my knick fan friends.

fourkicks44
05-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Did you laugh as much as I did watching Timmy destroy the knicks in game 7 in 97?

Anyone not old enough to remember watch that from like 3 minutes on. Absolutely crushing third quarter. Tim hitting wild threes all over the place. I about died laughing at my knick fan friends.

It's funny because we ALL have at least one Knick fan friend :oldlol:

Reggie43
05-08-2020, 08:51 AM

Im not sure if this was the game but seeing him dribbling at the top of the key doing the crossover and hitting pullup threes I felt was the most unguardable shot i have seen at the time lol

Kblaze8855
05-08-2020, 08:52 AM
Mine wasnt even a real fan. He was a Knicks bandwaggoner from Baltimore. Didnt **** with the Bullets but hated the Bulls so he just kinda became a Knicks fan in the 90s due to the rivalry. Swore all year Larry Johnson was what they were missing. Whole time im like "Larry Johnsoooooooooooooon? What the **** you gonna do about Michael Jordaaaaaaaaaaaan?" and they didnt even get past Tim Hardaway. Man. He should have punched me in the face the way I behaved that game 7.

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 09:59 AM

My memory might be off but I remember an insane 4th quarter that he had during one of those seasons at Madison Square Garden that put the Knicks on the brink. I'll have to look at the series and figure out which game that was. But yes, they did beat him. In that sense, maybe Jordan was the crucible that Miller wasn't. But the latter was more hateable.

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 10:07 AM
I was looking at the 2000 playoff picture yesterday and forgot the Knicks got to the conference finals that year, losing to the Pacers. Anyways yeah, Reggie was more a tormentor than MJ was in terms of how he handled Knicks fans. Plus, MJ has always revered playing at MSG so I think there is an appreciation factor even if they 'hated' him knocking their team out annually.

But they were done by then. As soon as Riley left for Miami, the Heat became the new Knicks. New York were as much of a challenge for chicago during that 2nd 3 peat as they were during the 1st.

Chicago had an easy enough time in 91 but NY could have easily won the 1992 ECSF as they forced a game 7. The following year was even more dangerous for the Bulls. People might conclude that it was an easier series when they see that it went to 6 games rather than 7, but it was a more difficult series than 92.

The Knicks really should have won the 1993 conference finals that year. They were up 2-0 and on an 18 consecutive win run at MSG.
Chicago's defense took over game 3 and then Jordan went wild in a game 4 that was somewhat close.
Still, they had beaten the bulls comfortably the 1st 2 games and hadn't been beaten in NY for a long time. From the 4 minute mark or so of the 3rd quarter till about 2 minutes remaining in the game, Jordan was the only Bull to score. I believe it was 17 or 18 consecutive points,in the biggest game of the season, in a 14 minute stretch. BJ then hit the huge shot as New York started doubling Jordan before the crazy sequence in which grant, Jordan and Pippen all stripped or blocked Charles Smith to maintain the lead. That game was the series and I still don't know how they pulled it out. NY really should have won that series.

HoopsNY
05-08-2020, 10:09 AM

We hate Reggie more.

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 10:13 AM
We hate Reggie more.

There we go. Thanks for the feedback.

Whoah10115
05-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Just seems weird to me. How many times can a team beat you with you still being considered their killer? It’s like calling LeBron the Celtic killer. Sure he beat the Celtics....but they beat him several times too so it’s kinda....you know?

Id say that was only the knicks second or third biggest rival. Those Bulls series were epic and violent but both of us probably go behind Heat fans far as Knick hatred at the time. Even putting aside the multiple fights(at least 3 major brawls) and Houston breaking Miami’s heart when they knocked them out without Ewing....remember the riley beef?

The Heat offered Riley ownership and tampered to get him to break his deal and come run the Heat....and the Knicks filed charges and won.

That was serious beef. We al hated the knocks back then but the Heat and knicks had on and off the floor beef. Pacers and Bulls was mostly basketball.

That's because we were better than they were. As you said in the next post, we know we have a chance when Jordan isn't around. The Bulls beat us, but the Pacers should not have. Reggie played in that system and played to provoke. As a kid I hated hated hated him. So playing well, and eliminating us like this, when we're better...that's why.

Duncan21formvp
06-02-2020, 10:54 PM
epicness.:applause: