PDA

View Full Version : Word of advice, don't try to talk basketball on instagram

StrongLurk
05-08-2020, 08:58 AM
You'll have way too many idiots coming out of nowhere like cockroaches and blowing your messages up.

I don't understand how people dedicate themselves to running instagram accounts on the NBA and deal with the massive flood of retarded people.

LAmbruh
05-08-2020, 09:05 AM
and people wonder why Jeff has pm's turned off :hammerhead:

Wally450
05-08-2020, 09:10 AM
People on Instagram have LeBron outside of the top 10. :facepalm

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Talking basketball on here isn't any better

deathawaitu
05-08-2020, 10:50 AM

That's the general consensus and fact in the real world

Only 50 media/online guys have Lebron in top 10

Even on ISH poll he is voted as #8

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Why bother responding to them? Most people on social media and on unmoderated forums don't actually know basketball. They probably wouldnt be able to pick Lebron out of a lineup.

Turbo Slayer
05-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Any people who has LeBron out of the top 10 at very LEAST is not worth responding to and debating with. They are most likely hardcore trolls.

Mr Feeny
05-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Any people who has LeBron out of the top 10 at very LEAST is not worth responding to and debating with. They are most likely hardcore trolls.

Trolls are one thing. These probably arent basketball fans. Youd be surprised at the number of people I've conversed with on social media who don't know what position Shaq plays. And can't tell you how many MVPs Kobe has.

These aren't really basketball fans.

Wally450
05-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Why bother responding to them? Most people on social media and on unmoderated forums don't actually know basketball. They probably wouldnt be able to pick Lebron out of a lineup.

Very true. :oldlol:

Nilocon165
05-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Why bother trolling if you’re not actually funny?

tpols
05-08-2020, 05:21 PM

a lot of comment sections arent nearly as high on LeBron as the mainstream media that promotes him.

youtube and instagram comments generally keep it real and tell it how it is.

Soundwave
05-08-2020, 05:28 PM
a lot of comment sections arent nearly as high on LeBron as the mainstream media that promotes him.

youtube and instagram comments generally keep it real and tell it how it is.

This board is probably the most pro-LeBron board on the internet, and even here he's not regarded as the best player ever.

StrongLurk
05-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Talking basketball on here isn't any better

It actually is better on here, the amount of people who responded to me that literally don't even have basic history down is astonishing...and they are SO confident and aggressive about their ignorance that it's shocking they even have the balls to talk about something they know nothing about.

Sports can really make people develop very strange, extreme emotional attachments to certain things and if reality ever conflicts with their view, they explode or completely lose it mentally.

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2020, 05:35 PM
This board is probably the most pro-LeBron board on the internet, and even here he's not regarded as the best player ever.
Absolutely not :oldlol: This place is filled with LeBron haters. It's actually probably the least pro LeBron board on the internet

tpols
05-08-2020, 06:00 PM

not even close, that'd be realgm. because you get banned if you say anything that doesnt follow their strict statistical protocol and mainstream framing.

Youtube is the best imo because they have an unbiased upvote system and very loose modding. So you end up seeing the most genuine, accepted contextual takes.

MrFonzworth
05-08-2020, 06:43 PM
not even close, that'd be realgm. because you get banned if you say anything that doesnt follow their strict statistical protocol and mainstream framing.

Youtube is the best imo because they have an unbiased upvote system and very loose modding. So you end up seeing the most genuine, accepted contextual takes.

Absolutely not. YouTube is the worst, littered with casuals who think AI is a top 10 player of all time.

scuzzy
05-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Absolutely not. YouTube is the worst, littered with casuals who think AI is a top 10 player of all time.
This lmao

Youtube algorithm just pushes whatever in your search feed and uploaders can delete comments

A literal middle school circlejerk

Smook A.
05-08-2020, 08:08 PM

That's far from the general consensus. Pretty much every list I've seen has LeBron in the top 5 at least. I personally think he's easily in the top 3, right up there with MJ and Kareem.

Smook A.
05-08-2020, 08:12 PM

No YouTube comments are also terrible for basketball takes.

The best is easily reddit imo. I rarely ever see trolling, the best takes usually always have the highest votes, and you can have a genuine conversation about any basketball topic without getting slandered.

SATAN
05-08-2020, 08:24 PM

You are one of the dumbest people to ever type words.

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Agreed bro. It's right up there with yahoo answers

Docs Orders
05-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Agreed bro. It's right up there with yahoo answers

:oldlol:

tpols gets his covid-19 news from Quora so this isn't really shocking

tpols
05-08-2020, 08:59 PM

I get my covid info straight from the Don himself, punk.

get it right.

LeCroix
05-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Absolutely not :oldlol: This place is filled with LeBron haters. It's actually probably the least pro LeBron board on the internet

cosign

that guy must not be on any other boards if he thinks this place is a lot of lebron love. real gm is how i find this place and they are lebron supporters more then here.

LeCroix
05-08-2020, 10:45 PM

this guy is funny :oldlol:

roasted

LeCroix
05-08-2020, 10:47 PM
Trolls are one thing. These probably arent basketball fans. Youd be surprised at the number of people I've conversed with on social media who don't know what position Shaq plays. And can't tell you how many MVPs Kobe has.

These aren't really basketball fans.

bingo, they bought a couple jordn shoes and watch vimeo nba highlights and thats it

kids these days just dont know the game like us, i told my friend i probably know more about jordan then 99% of the people that buy his shoes

Gougou
05-09-2020, 01:33 AM
Yeah after I someone said like "Lebron is Kawhi's son" I immediately give up messaging over there.

Those people just want attention to get likes or fame, they will do any stupidly for those.