PDA

View Full Version : LeBron basically had to be the Jordan + Pippen combined for his teams.

Mamba4Life
05-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Jordan and Pippen were co-first options

https://i.postimg.cc/8C4kvxLC/pip-an-mj-post.jpg

Jordan led in one category (points), Pippen lead in the other four (Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks)

Together, they equal one LeBron

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b3/75/c7/b375c7a409b2c1eaafcf56ef23a110b3--lebron-james-stats-nba-finals-.jpg

LeBron led ALL his teams in EVERY stat in EVERY Playoff Series :lebronamazed:

So LeBron was Jordan + Pippen combined for his teams!

AlternativeAcc.
05-10-2020, 02:22 PM
LeBron > Jippen :applause:

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 03:27 PM

Jordan led in one category (points), Pippen lead in the other four (Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b3/75/c7/b375c7a409b2c1eaafcf56ef23a110b3--lebron-james-stats-nba-finals-.jpg

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/daaaaamn-gif-5.gif

yikes

HELLO POLICE

HI YES. I HAVE TO REPORT A MURDER I WITNESSED.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-10-2020, 03:35 PM
So Jordan had to sacrifice his stats more because Scottie and the triangle offense, yet he ended up with twice the amount of rings that Lebron had? I don't see how this makes Lebron better. Sure Jordan sacrificed his stats a little bit because of Pippen but again he ended up with twice the amount of rings. Catch up in ring count and then you can maybe make this silly stat argument. Lebron does more for his teams because they lose a lot more frequently.

3ball
05-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Lebron needed Jordan as his sidekick - aka pure scorers that could close and hit the contested shot that lebron avoids (as the stats show)

Mamba4Life
05-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Lebron needed Jordan as his sidekick - aka pure scorers that could close and hit the contested shot that lebron avoids (as the stats show)

2018 Finals: LeBron led in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks

2017 Finals: LeBron led in points, rebounds, assists, steals blocks

2016 Finals: LeBron led in points,rebounds assists, steals, blocks

2015.. I can keep going

Want to do the same for Jordan?

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 03:47 PM
So Jordan had to sacrifice his stats more because Scottie and the triangle offense, yet he ended up with twice the amount of rings that Lebron had? I don't see how this makes Lebron better. Sure Jordan sacrificed his stats a little bit because of Pippen but again he ended up with twice the amount of rings. Catch up in ring count and then you can maybe make this silly stat argument. Lebron does more for his teams because they lose a lot more frequently.

jordan has more rings no one is saying that. lebron is a better player tho. like russell has more rings then jordan but jordan is better. right?

Akeem34TheDream
05-10-2020, 03:56 PM
Don't you guys ever get tired? Like seriously?

3ball
05-10-2020, 04:06 PM
2018 Finals: LeBron led in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks

2017 Finals: LeBron led in points, rebounds, assists, steals blocks

2016 Finals: LeBron led in points,rebounds assists, steals, blocks

2015.. I can keep going

Want to do the same for Jordan?

Lebron can't win with scoring - he can't win while averaging 10-20 more than his 2nd option - he only won Finals when he had an equal-scoring and usage closer - a lethal iso player that took all the shots lebron couldn't

Jordan didn't need that... He always completely and thoroughly dominated his team's scoring column because he didn't have any sophisticated, deluxe goat scorers like Kyrie or Wade.. ditto Love and Bosh

He only had bricklayer Pippen and ordinary dunker Grant... So he carried all his teams to goat team ortg - THAT'S a carry job - when you have inferior offensive help but superior team ortg (goat team ortgs with trash offensive help)

Soundwave
05-10-2020, 04:13 PM
LeBron can load up on a stat sheet, I don't think anyone would say otherwise, but the Bulls weren't stat oriented in the playoffs. There's no reason for Jordan to try to out rebound Dennis Rodman and the triangle is specifically designed so Jordan doesn't have to handle the ball nearly as much making Pippen the defacto point forward.

Why should the Bulls alter that formula? Yes you could boost Jordan or Pippen's numbers using a different system but there's not much point when the system you have works. LeBron also plays in a weaker defensive era where all wing players basically score at a higher efficiency.

There were plenty of games

If you replaced Pippen with say LeBron, he wouldn't lead the team in points or rebounds for starters.

The whole point of what Phil Jackson wanted to do was so that Jordan didn't have to put up like ridiculous playoff totals such as 36.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 2.3 spg, about 1 bpg as he did in 89-90, that's better than any playoff run LeBron ever had in his career ... but that's also too much usage from a single player if you want to win others need to be more involved. You need to sacrifice individual stats sometimes to make the team as a whole better.

Bronbron23
05-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Had to or wanted to? He could of chose to go to a team with players and a system that would require him to do less. Say a team like the spurs. It would of led to more chips but less stats.

Bron dosnt get credit for chosing stats over wins

3ball
05-10-2020, 04:24 PM
LeBron can load up on a stat sheet, I don't think anyone would say otherwise, but the Bulls weren't stat oriented in the playoffs. There's no reason for Jordan to try to out rebound Dennis Rodman and the triangle is specifically designed so Jordan doesn't have to handle the ball nearly as much making Pippen the defacto point forward.

Why should the Bulls alter that formula? Yes you could boost Jordan or Pippen's numbers using a different system but there's not much point when the system you have works. LeBron also plays in a weaker defensive era where all wing players basically score at a higher efficiency.

There were plenty of games

If you replaced Pippen with say LeBron, he wouldn't lead the team in points or rebounds for starters.

The whole point of what Phil Jackson wanted to do was so that Jordan didn't have to put up like ridiculous playoff totals such as 36.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 2.3 spg as he did in 89-90, that's better than any playoff run LeBron ever had in his career ... but that's also too much usage from a single player if you want to win others need to be more involved.

Lebron doesn't know the meaning of sacrificing his own stats and ball-time so the team can win more.. instead, teammates must sacrifice so lebron can play his preferred style

Mamba4Life
05-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Lebron can't win with scoring - he can't win while averaging 10-20 more than his 2nd option - he only won Finals when he had an equal-scoring and usage closer - a lethal iso player that took all the shots lebron couldn't

Jordan didn't need that... He always completely and thoroughly dominated his team's scoring column because he didn't have any sophisticated, deluxe goat scorers like Kyrie or Wade.. ditto Love and Bosh

He only had bricklayer Pippen and ordinary dunker Grant... So he carried all his teams to goat team ortg - THAT'S a carry job - when you have inferior offensive help but superior team ortg (goat team ortgs with trash offensive help)

What stat categories did LeBron's 2nd options lead him in? Like how Pippen led MJ in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks etc.

Soundwave
05-10-2020, 04:29 PM
Lebron doesn't know the meaning of sacrificing his own stats and ball-time so the team can win more.. instead, teammates must sacrifice so lebron can play his preferred style

He's started to finally do it a little bit now with and seems to look out a bit more for AD, but with Miami and Cleveland ... yeah, it was basically "play my way or forget it".

Jordan on the other hand accepted the triangle offence knowing it would probably make the team better even if it meant sacrificing some individual stats and spreading that around a bit more.

Soundwave
05-10-2020, 04:31 PM
What stat categories did LeBron's 2nd options lead him in? Like how Pippen led MJ in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks etc.

The difference a lot of those categories isn't even high at all ... 642 assists to 622 mean basically in 6 playoff runs Scottie managed one extra assist per round ... whoopity doo. Considering that Pippen was basically the point guard on those teams that's not a big deal.

Assists/steals/blocks between Jordan and Pippen are a wash, Pippen grabbed more rebounds, Jordan scored way more points.

It's not Jordan was just scoring points and Pippen was doing everything else, Jordan was scoring way more points while keeping pace with Pippen in virtually every other statistical category.

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 04:36 PM

:lol murdered again

Mamba4Life
05-10-2020, 04:37 PM
The difference a lot of those categories isn't even high at all ... 642 assists to 622 mean basically in 6 playoff runs Scottie managed one extra assist per round ... whoopity doo. Considering that Pippen was basically the point guard on those teams that's not a big deal.

Assists/steals/blocks between Jordan and Pippen are a wash, Pippen grabbed more rebounds, Jordan scored way more points.

It's not Jordan was just scoring points and Pippen was doing everything else, Jordan was scoring way more points while keeping pace with Pippen in virtually every other statistical category.

Pippen led his team in 4/5 categories

LeBron led in 5/5 categories

So Pippen and LeBron were the 1st options of their respective teams?

HylianNightmare
05-10-2020, 04:38 PM
The people that cant just watch the tape and instantly see the difference in mentality arent worth explaining to

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 04:46 PM
The people that cant just watch the tape and instantly see the difference in mentality arent worth explaining to

i know bro, i get your frustration because clearly lebron is the better player. like its in the numbers and proofs. its in the stats. its in everything. it is. jordan doesnt have the game winners or points to back it up anymore its passed up by

Soundwave
05-10-2020, 04:47 PM
88-89 playoffs

Jordan: 34.8 ppg, 7 rpg, 7.6 apg, 2.5 spg, 0.8 bpg

Pippen: 12.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.9 bpg

89-90 playoffs

Jordan: 36.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 6.8 apg, 0.9 bpg, 2.3 spg

Pippen: 17 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 4.9 apg, 1.1 bpg, 1.8 spg

The two years prior to the Bulls winning their first title probably indicates Jordan's usage was too high. You can go pretty far like that, but usually it ends up biting you in the ass. Jordan's numbers in 1991 were more balanced.

Same thing with LeBron, yeah gaudy numbers are nice, but in the three years he actually won a title his numbers are not as sky high.

You sometimes have to sacrifice stats if you want to win. What good are spectacular numbers in the playoffs if they don't translate to your team winning.

Axe
05-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Still badly need to reach that quota, i see...

Mamba4Life
05-10-2020, 05:49 PM

3ball??

Vino24
05-10-2020, 05:51 PM
LePipdon

Bronbron23
05-10-2020, 06:12 PM

Wade led lebron in the most important stat which is winning. Bron had to join a proven champion to learn how to win.

Who cares about stats. Wade was better than pip and thats who bron ran to

Axe
05-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Wade was already a former fmvp before bran even formed the triumvirate in the heat way back from 10 years ago.

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 07:02 PM
Wade was already a former fmvp before bran even formed the triumvirate in the heat way back from 10 years ago.

What was MJ before Pip? 1 for 10 ???

Axe
05-10-2020, 07:03 PM
What was MJ before Pip? 1 for 10 ???
Troll toll

warriorfan
05-10-2020, 07:06 PM
Wade was more accomplished than Pippen was in his whole career by the time he was 24

red1
05-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Wade was more accomplished than Pippen was in his whole career by the time he was 24

yeah - its called a big-boy ring :oldlol:

doing what curry never could:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/21/a9/c421a91310f03395f5b8de23f8b0a259.jpg

warriorfan
05-10-2020, 07:09 PM
yeah - its called a big-boy ring :oldlol:

doing what curry never could:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/21/a9/c421a91310f03395f5b8de23f8b0a259.jpg

Low iq post

fsvr54
05-10-2020, 07:09 PM
I'm sick and tired of this young generation riding Lebron's nuts. A dude with no killer instinct and lack of elite, finesse footwork and no tough-as-nails mid range jumpers over defense can't be a better player.

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 07:13 PM
I'm sick and tired of this young generation riding Lebron's nuts. A dude with no killer instinct and lack of elite, finesse footwork and no tough-as-nails mid range jumpers over defense can't be a better player.

How he score 900 more pts then 'killer' jordan than? :lol boiii you better quit :lol

Axe
05-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Well, the trolls have to do what they gotta do for a livin'. I feel very sorry for them.

fsvr54
05-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Lebron plays basketball like a football player, stiff arm to the rim. Not as much SKILL and FINESSE as truly skilled, great players.

No one respects a player who stiff-arms to the hoop, try it out in pick up ball.

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 10:28 PM
Lebron plays basketball like a football player, stiff armil to the rim. Not as much SKILL and FINESSE as truly skilled, great players.

He is stronger and yes true, more physical. Hard to MJ and be 175pounds and be physical...

Axe
05-10-2020, 10:30 PM
He is stronger and yes true, more physical. Hard to MJ and be 175pounds and be physical...
His nuts that you so envy of are bigger too, right?

LeCroix
05-10-2020, 10:34 PM
His nuts that you so envy of are bigger too, right?

Lil mike :lol

CTbasketball92
05-11-2020, 03:29 AM

The whole idea of this thread is disingenous, but there's some truth to it and what you say.

I think MJ was still an excellent defender and still facilitated on offense and was an elite volume scorer. It's in the same way that LeBron does all of what Pippen does, but Pippen defended the best player, handled more passing duties while scoring a little. Kyrie is basically the inverse of that. LeBron scores a lot and passes a lot and defends a lot (though he didn't always guard the best player) and does everything Kyrie does numbers wise and more. But, Kyrie does the specialty stuff when LeBron's carried them the whole game to an extent. He passes a little (like Scottie scores a little), he brings the ball up the court and initiates offense while LeBron can rest pretty much and got those crucial six-12-point scoring runs in tight spaces when LeBron wasnt best at that (midrange jumpers, fadeaways, pull-up threes, floaters, etc).

I don't think one necessarily had more help than the other, though 2nd Three-Peat bulls >>>> 2016 Cavs in my eyes.

GimmeThat
05-11-2020, 03:42 AM
I suppose he was on a conquest to end adoption.

86Celtics
05-11-2020, 03:47 AM
How he score 900 more pts then 'killer' jordan than? :lol boiii you better quit :lol

Don't you idiots ever get tired of the same bullshit? You aren't going to convince anyone, hell you can't even make a sound argument.

The only thing that you achieve is making people calling you names, but maybe you're enjoying that.

Have some self-respect.

3ball
05-11-2020, 04:02 AM
I think MJ was still an excellent defender

Stop falling for the media portrayals

DPOY VOTING

1988.... MJ (1st).... Pip (none)
1989.... MJ (5th).... Pip (none)
1990.... MJ (5th).... Pip (none)
1991.... MJ (7th).... Pip (7th)
1992.... MJ (3rd).... Pip (3rd)
1993.... MJ (2nd)... Pip (none)
1996.... MJ (5th).... Pip (2nd)
1997.... MJ (5th).... Pip (4th)
1998.... MJ (4th).... Pip (9th)

^^^^ MJ was clearly considered the better defender AT THE TIME, and Pippen's defensive capabilities have been vastly overrated by revisionist historians since... :confusedshrug:... the dpoy voting and various other sources (like the NBA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgJhzj4W9M&t=35m00s)) confirm the actual sentiment at the time (that MJ was the Bulls' best defender)

And MJ guarded Magic for most of the 91' Finals... Pippen did spot-duty on him, even though forwards normally are the primary defenders on Magic - MJ did Pippen a favor by guarding Magic most of the time

And MJ was primary defender on Drexler, Miller, Payton, and Isiah

It's simply an often-repeated lie to say Pippen was the primary defender on the opponent's best perimeter player - the only example of that is Penny in the 96' ECF

Also, the 1st three-peat Bulls were only ranked 7th defensively - every ECF and Finals opponent had a better defense except the 93' Suns and 92' Cavs (but the 92' Knicks had a better defense in ECSF)

and still facilitated on offense

MJ averaged equal assists to Pippen in the regular season, and more assists in 6 of 9 playoff runs alongside Pippen, while also assisting on the most bulls field goals for both 3-peats (led Pippen in assist % for 91-93' PO and 96-98' PO)

So you're literally making it up by saying Pippen did most of the passing

and was an elite volume scorer.

He's the only high volume, high efficiency player ever.. no one is remotely close as a volume scorer

4 of his championship runs required 25+ FGA and 45% shooting.. No one has ever done that before, except Hakeem in 95'

Only his 91' and 96' rings had more human volume, so those are the only rings anyone else could've won.. but is it fair to give anyone credit for the 91' ring without building that team like MJ did, aka beating the #1 SRS team with a 6 seed in 89' to put the Bulls on the fast track, aka cusp of the Finals instead of 1st round loser, and then getting past the Pistons

Between MJ's big upset in 1989 (40/6/8), and then building Pippen to get past the Pistons, only MJ could've won in 91'.. so 96' is the only ring that a lesser combination of volume/efficiency could've won in MJ's place

Thats why only MJ could've won with the bulls

I don't think one necessarily had more help than the other, though 2nd Three-Peat bulls >>>> 2016 Cavs in my eyes.

Kyrie... 16-17' Playoffs... 25.5 on 46%
Pippen 96-98' Playoffs... 17.6 on 41%
Pippen 91-93' Playoffs... 20.3 on 48%

Kyrie 16-17' Finals... 28 on 46%
Pippen 6 Finals........ 19 on 42%

^^^ No wing is making up a 7-9 point offensive gap on defense

And Lebron's 3rd options destroy MJ's... So do his 4th options.. and 5th, 6th, etc

GimmeThat
05-11-2020, 04:17 AM
Stop falling for the media portrayals

DPOY VOTING

1988.... MJ (1st).... Pip (none)
1989.... MJ (5th).... Pip (none)
1990.... MJ (5th).... Pip (none)
1991.... MJ (7th).... Pip (7th)
1992.... MJ (3rd).... Pip (3rd)
1993.... MJ (2nd)... Pip (none)
1996.... MJ (5th).... Pip (2nd)
1997.... MJ (5th).... Pip (4th)
1998.... MJ (4th).... Pip (9th)

^^^^ MJ was clearly considered the better defender AT THE TIME, and Pippen's defensive capabilities have been vastly overrated by revisionist historians since... :confusedshrug:... the dpoy voting and various other sources (like the NBA (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgJhzj4W9M&t=35m00s)) confirm the actual sentiment at the time (that MJ was the Bulls' best defender)

And MJ guarded Magic for most of the 91' Finals... Pippen did spot-duty on him, even though forwards normally are the primary defenders on Magic - MJ did Pippen a favor by guarding Magic most of the time

And MJ was primary defender on Drexler, Miller, Payton, and Isiah

It's simply an often-repeated lie to say Pippen was the primary defender on the opponent's best perimeter player - the only example of that is Penny in the 96' ECF

Also, the 1st three-peat Bulls were only ranked 7th defensively - every ECF and Finals opponent had a better defense except the 93' Suns and 92' Cavs (but the 92' Knicks had a better defense in ECSF)

MJ averaged equal assists to Pippen in the regular season, and more assists in 6 of 9 playoff runs alongside Pippen, while also assisting on the most bulls field goals for both 3-peats (led Pippen in assist % for 91-93' PO and 96-98' PO)

So you're literally making it up by saying Pippen did most of the passing

He's the only high volume, high efficiency player ever.. no one is remotely close as a volume scorer

4 of his championship runs required 25+ FGA and 45% shooting.. No one has ever done that before, except Hakeem in 95'

Only his 91' and 96' rings had more human volume, so those are the only rings anyone else could've won.. but is it fair to give anyone credit for the 91' ring without building that team like MJ did, aka beating the #1 SRS team with a 6 seed in 89' to put the Bulls on the fast track, aka cusp of the Finals instead of 1st round loser, and then getting past the Pistons

Between MJ's big upset in 1989 (40/6/8), and then building Pippen to get past the Pistons, only MJ could've won in 91'.. so 96' is the only ring that a lesser combination of volume/efficiency could've won in MJ's place

Thats why only MJ could've won with the bulls

Kyrie... 16-17' Playoffs... 25.5 on 46%
Pippen 96-98' Playoffs... 17.6 on 41%
Pippen 91-93' Playoffs... 20.3 on 48%

Kyrie 16-17' Finals... 28 on 46%
Pippen 6 Finals........ 19 on 42%

^^^ No wing is making up a 7-9 point offensive gap on defense

And Lebron's 3rd options destroy MJ's... So do his 4th options.. and 5th, 6th, etc

you may have broken the scale on the differences between 4 MVPs and 5 MVPs.

right, we shouldn't believe in what the media says, although it would be sad of Michael Jordan worked for the media, and here you are acting like a brainless puppet, wouldn't it.

fingers crossed?