PDA

View Full Version : how will the Last Dance impact MJ's legacy going forward?

STATUTORY
05-12-2020, 01:03 PM
a lot of kids nowdays have never saw MJ play, but many watched the last dance with their parents. how do you think the documentary change millenial and zoomer's perception of the man behind the iconic shoe brand?

Gimmedarock
05-12-2020, 02:31 PM
If you were around when he played, he’s probably the best to you. Old heads talk about his competitive drive and will to win. He never left the Bulls & was 6-0 in the championships. He’s your guy. If you’re younger, and you mostly know him from highlights and a show brand, I think you admire his legacy but probably don’t consider him the best. What one group considers “will to win” and “drive”, another group may consider an unhealthy obsession. I watch him an he comes off as psychotic. A guy being so mean to his own teammates in an effort to “raise “ them to his level, isn’t a guy I’d admire. I’m looking at old highlights after seeing modern basketball first. The game looks slow and the players seem unathletic . The shooting is poor and the ballhandling is average. A younger viewer may come away unimpressed by Jordan’s competition. The guy himself always looks good but I get the sense he didn’t have any peers to challenge him.

For me, I come away not impressed by the ugly basketball & selfish personalities of Jordan’s era. However, I appreciate that was a step in getting the hand to where it is now. I respect Jordan but we’re in a golden age now.

AlternativeAcc.
05-12-2020, 02:33 PM
If you were around when he played, he’s probably the best to you. Old heads talk about his competitive drive and will to win. He never left the Bulls & was 6-0 in the championships. He’s your guy. If you’re younger, and you mostly know him from highlights and a show brand, I think you admire his legacy but probably don’t consider him the best. What one group considers “will to win” and “drive”, another group may consider an unhealthy obsession. I watch him an he comes off as psychotic. A guy being so mean to his own teammates in an effort to “raise “ them to his level, isn’t a guy I’d admire. I’m looking at old highlights after seeing modern basketball first. The game looks slow and the players seem unathletic . The shooting is poor and the ballhandling is average. A younger viewer may come away unimpressed by Jordan’s competition. The guy himself always looks good but I get the sense he didn’t have any peers to challenge him.

For me, I come away not impressed by the ugly basketball & selfish personalities of Jordan’s era. However, I appreciate that was a step in getting the hand to where it is now. I respect Jordan but we’re in a golden age now.

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful contribution to this forum.

ImKobe
05-12-2020, 02:39 PM

Jordan has the most accolades and the best stats, never choked on the big stage like Queen James has repeatedly.