PDA

View Full Version : David Robinson vs Scottie Pippen 90s

juju151111
05-18-2020, 11:50 AM
1990-Robinson
1991-Robinson
1992- Robinson was way better regular season, but no playoffs. I might just give this to Scottie
1993-Robinson
1994- Robinson
1995-Robinson
1996-Robinson
1997- Pippen( Robinson was injured)
1998-Robinson
1999- Robinson
How was Pippen the 2nd best player of the 90s?

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Robinson every year except 97', for obvious reasons.

juju151111
05-18-2020, 12:08 PM
2nd best player how? Lmfao

Jay-B
05-18-2020, 12:09 PM
This is a tough one, but you have to consider the fact that Robinson was a number one option (maybe less of in 99) all those years while Pippen was 2nd fiddle besides 94.

Here’s another question put Robinson on the Bulls in 90’ and Pippen on Spurs, do Bulls win any extra titles? 92? 94?

RogueBorg
05-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Pipp loses to Shaq as well.

juju151111
05-18-2020, 12:16 PM
This is a tough one, but you have to consider the fact that Robinson was a number one option (maybe less of in 99) all those years while Pippen was 2nd fiddle besides 94.

Here’s another question put Robinson on the Bulls in 90’ and Pippen on Spurs, do Bulls win any extra titles? 92? 94?

They have a chance to win in 90, but 97 might get taking away.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 12:19 PM
2nd best player how? Lmfao

People confuse yearly rankings with rankings for the decade as a whole.

Bulls win in 90' but lose in 97' with Robinson being injured. All this assumes MJ can work with another 30 PPG player.

94'? Robinson sucked in the playoffs. He was at 2/3 of his RS production.

guy
05-18-2020, 12:26 PM

Potentially 90 and 95, they may or may not have lost in 97 though.

90 - its Robinson's rookie year, but he was one of the GOAT rookies. He was a better player than Pippen that year, but not sure if his softness and inexperience could've still been an issue against Detroit.

95 - this was his MVP season. The Bulls shouldn't have nearly the frontcourt issues they had with Robinson. No legit PF, but he's such an upgrade over their center that there's a good chance he makes up for it.

97 - I don't remember if San Antonio just decided to shut him down cause the season was a lost cause or he really couldn't play in the playoffs. If its the former, then they definitely still win, if its the latter, this is one of those seasons where I think Jordan could've pulled it off without a legit 2nd option, but who knows.

My bet would be they would net out 1 extra title, with the potential of 2.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-18-2020, 12:27 PM
David Robinson. That's a no brainer.

Jordan/Hakeem/DRob/Shaq/Barkley/Ewing/Malone/Drexler/GP

Are probably the only players I'd take over Pippen. Far as an ALL 90s decade team.

Nique was better than Pippen in the early 90s. Think you could argue some years for Stockton too. And Penny/Grant Hill in the late 90s.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Let's put it another way, is there any 90's all-star MJ stans think Pippen was better than? :lol Let me guess: Tyrone Hill?

BigShotBob
05-18-2020, 12:48 PM

Are probably the only players I'd take over Pippen. Far as an ALL 90s decade team.

Nique was better than Pippen in the early 90s. Think you could argue some years for Stockton too. And Penny/Grant Hill in the late 90s.

Not to mention Kemp, Mitch Richmond, Mutumbo, Zo', Reggie Miller, etc

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 12:55 PM

Not to mention Kemp, Mitch Richmond, Mutumbo, Zo', Reggie Miller, et

Yup. Was Pippen even top 20 for the 90's? :lol

It is sad to see MJ fans reduced to this because LeBron has them so rattled.

Meanwhile outside of the MJ circle jerk, Pippen is top 20-30 all-time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Pippen was a Top 10 player for most of the 90s.

Instead of getting emotional over Jordan and his fans, maybe learn some comprehension :confusedshrug:

BigShotBob
05-18-2020, 01:30 PM
Pippen was at best top 10.

At number 9 or 10 (for the decade).

Pippen could be consensus top 15 for all I care (he's not), MJ would still be the GOAT by far.

But we all know ya'll want to prop him up to diminish the GOAT, which makes no sense because MJ made him the player he became anyways. So the more you prop up Pippen, the more you prop up MJ anyways.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-18-2020, 02:20 PM
Pippen was the best wing player of the 1990s not named Michael Jordan. I would even say Pippen has an argument over Robinson because Robinson is a playoff choker and not a great scorer playoff time. Pippen isn't a great scorer either but he's a massively better playmaker and floor general then Robinson.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Pippen was the best wing player of the 1990s not named Michael Jordan. I would even say Pippen has an argument over Robinson because Robinson is a playoff choker and not a great scorer playoff time. Pippen isn't a great scorer either but he's a massively better playmaker and floor general then Robinson.

Hey now, no 90's star had any warts except Pippen! Don't burst their fairy tale bubble.

It is funny in another thread one of them is saying Malone beasted in the finals. He underperformed both times, especially 97'. They see no flaws...except with Pippen.

You are right. All these other stars have more warts than Pippen. They just don't have a massive (insecure and rattled) fan base attacking them 24/7.

97 bulls
05-18-2020, 08:39 PM
Definitely Robinson.

juju151111
05-18-2020, 08:56 PM

Pippen has 0 case over Robinson

Whoah10115
05-18-2020, 09:21 PM
Hey now, no 90's star had any warts except Pippen! Don't burst their fairy tale bubble.

It is funny in another thread one of them is saying Malone beasted in the finals. He underperformed both times, especially 97'. They see no flaws...except with Pippen.

You are right. All these other stars have more warts than Pippen. They just don't have a massive (insecure and rattled) fan base attacking them 24/7.

You haven't made one post in over a week, at least, where you don't bring up Jordan to knock him. So to talk about a group being insecure...don't know how you don't get it. I don't criticize Cristiano Ronaldo nearly as much as you obsessively criticize Jordan.

Thread dead.

Roundball_Rock
05-18-2020, 10:23 PM
You haven't made one post in over a week, at least, where you don't bring up Jordan to knock him.

You say this while quoting a post where Jordan isn't mentioned. :facepalm

Don't be obtuse. The OP is a "Pippen sucks" invitation (which you would know since you apparently claim to study people's posts so you must be aware of juju's posts on Pippen). I noticed people like you complain about one poster being critical of MJ but are radio silent on the army of MJ stans ripping Pippen every day (or LeBron for that matter). The selective hypocrisy is transparent.

The few Pippen fans here are not going to bend over and take it just because we are outnumbered by the army of MJ stans. Get over it.

Whoah10115
05-19-2020, 07:29 AM
You say this while quoting a post where Jordan isn't mentioned. :facepalm

Don't be obtuse. The OP is a "Pippen sucks" invitation (which you would know since you apparently claim to study people's posts so you must be aware of juju's posts on Pippen). I noticed people like you complain about one poster being critical of MJ but are radio silent on the army of MJ stans ripping Pippen every day (or LeBron for that matter). The selective hypocrisy is transparent.

The few Pippen fans here are not going to bend over and take it just because we are outnumbered by the army of MJ stans. Get over it.

You know what you wrote.

nayte
05-19-2020, 07:45 AM
Robinson for me. He gets hammered cause of a few gifs where hakeem schooled him.never mind all the rest he achieved in his career. He was a great player

ImKobe
05-19-2020, 08:37 AM
Jordan
Hakeem
Barkley
Malone
Shaq
Robinson
Drexler
Ewing
Payton
Stockton

Pippen wasn't a top 10 player of that decade. He was the best fit for MJ & the triangle, but that doesn't mean he was better individually. The "2nd best player" talk always cracks me up, there's no season he was actually close to being the 2nd best indivdual player in the league. Hakeem, Shaq & Robinson were leagues above him in 1994.

Whoah10115
05-19-2020, 08:59 AM
Pippen is ahead of Payton and in the 90s ahead of Drexler. And probably ahead of Stockton. Drexler post 92 wasn't in his prime. Also, despite numbers, Shaq isn't better than Pippen his first 5 years, outside of 94/95, tho I could (and do) argue for Pippen.

Jordan
Hakeem
Robinson
Malone
Barkley
Ewing

Everybody else.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 09:18 AM
Jordan
Hakeem
Barkley
Malone
Shaq
Robinson
Drexler
Ewing
Payton
Stockton

Pippen wasn't a top 10 player of that decade. He was the best fit for MJ & the triangle, but that doesn't mean he was better individually. The "2nd best player" talk always cracks me up, there's no season he was actually close to being the 2nd best individual player in the league. Hakeem, Shaq & Robinson were leagues above him in 1994.

We get it. Pippen sucks. Thanks for the contribution.

I particularly like how, according to insecure MJ stans, Payton>Pippen for the decade when Payton was not even a star until the 5th year of the decade but since Pippen sucks, Payton>Pippen. Payton putting up 10/3/6 through 1993>Pippen.

Don't forget Grant Hill too. He didn't play half the decade but he>Pippen for the decade as well.

ImKobe
05-19-2020, 09:55 AM
We get it. Pippen sucks. Thanks for the contribution.

I particularly like how, according to insecure MJ stans, Payton>Pippen for the decade when Payton was not even a star until the 5th year of the decade but since Pippen sucks, Payton>Pippen. Payton putting up 10/3/6 through 1993>Pippen.

Don't forget Grant Hill too. He didn't play half the decade but he>Pippen for the decade as well.

He doesn't suck, he just never was the "2nd best player in the league" like the anti-Jordan folk claim on this site. 1994 was his peak individually, he wasn't the second best player in the league. He was arguably top 5 though.

You can disagree on Gary Payton, but I felt like he peaked slightly higher, I have to give him his dues for being the best player on multiple 60+win teams and leading the Sonics to the Finals and giving the '96 Bulls a good fight. He's one of the greatest 2-way players in league history.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 10:02 AM
Payton's peak arguably was 2000, which isn't relevant to the 90's. Look, I know the play: list every star possible to diminish Pippen without looking ridiculous (although 3 ball, the intellectual leader of MJ stans, is pushing the Overton window here and you have people saying Pippen=Iggy now).

Pippen versus Payton in the 90's

Pippen 19/7/6
Payton 16/4/7 (Payton did not play in 1990)

All-NBA teams: Pippen 7, Payton 6
All-NBA 1st teams: Pippen 3, Payton 1
All-star selections: Pippen 7, Payton 5
Top 5 MVP finishes: Pippen 2, Payton 1
Peak MVP: Pippen 3rd, Payton 3rd

Payton was in college in 90' and then a role player from 91'-93' putting up 10/3/6. He became an all-star halfway through the 90's. He became a superstar later. Meanwhile Pippen was an all-star in the first year of the decade, not the fifth.

The two players are not even close for the decade. Pippen was much better and the peak argument doesn't work. Both peaked at 3rd in MVP while Pippen has the 3-1 lead in all-NBA 1st teams. Pippen was considered better--he was known as the best perimeter player in the NBA when MJ was retired and second best when MJ wasn't--in the 90's. Payton wasn't. Pippen>>Payton on all-time lists 20 years later as well.

It is interesting you claim peak for your rationale since Pippen's peak>Stockton's yet you have Stockton ahead of Pippen as well.

The difference is Pippen played with, not against, Jordan. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-19-2020, 10:05 AM

GP? Lol

Not to mention Kemp, Mitch Richmond, Mutumbo, Zo', Reggie Miller, etc

He-he....

:facepalm

Who is etc?

Please go on.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 10:07 AM
They list players who either didn't play at all for large chunks of the 90's or were role players for parts of the 90's. The agenda from them--all fans of the same retired player--is transparent. :lol

What they are listing is basically any player who made all-NBA at some point in the decade.

For some perspective for younger people, saying Miller>Pippen is like someone 20 years from now saying Klay>Kawhi or Klay>Harden as 2010's players.

RRR3
05-19-2020, 10:10 AM
Payton's peak arguably was 2000, which isn't relevant to the 90's. Look, I know the play: list every star possible to diminish Pippen without looking ridiculous (although 3 ball, the intellectual leader of MJ stans, is pushing the Overton window here and you have people saying Pippen=Iggy now).

Pippen 19/7/6

Payton was in college in 90' and then a role player from 91'-93' putting up 10/3/6. He became an all-star halfway through the 90's. He became a superstar later. Meanwhile Pippen was an all-star in the first year of the decade, not the fifth.

The two players are not even close for the decade. Pippen was much better and the peak argument doesn't work. Both peaked at 3rd in MVP while Pippen has the 3-1 lead in all-NBA 1st teams. Pippen was considered better--he was known as the best perimeter player in the NBA when MJ was retired and second best when MJ wasn't--in the 90's. Payton wasn't. Pippen>>Payton on all-time lists 20 years later as well.

It is interesting you claim peak for your rationale since Pippen's peak>Stockton's yet you have Stockton ahead of Pippen as well.

This is pretty hard to argue with but I’m sure he will anyways, knowing him.

RRR3
05-19-2020, 10:11 AM
They list players who either didn't play at all for large chunks of the 90's or were role players for parts of the 90's. The agenda from them--all fans of the same retired player--is transparent. :lol

What they are listing is basically any player who made all-NBA at some point in the decade.

For some perspective for younger people, saying Miller>Pippen is like someone 20 years from now saying Klay>Kawhi or Klay>Harden as 2010's players.
People do say Klay>Harden.

Granted, I’ve never seen anyone say it who wasn’t a complete retard...

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 10:43 AM
People do say Klay>Harden.

Granted, I’ve never seen anyone say it who wasn’t a complete retard...

:lol

I wonder if we will see that type of revisionism for this era. I doubt it. The 90's is the only era we hear this about and even there it revolves around one player, Pippen. I don't see people saying Ray Allen>Dirk for the 2000's or that Bernard King>Moses Malone for the 80's or other transparent idiocy.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:02 AM
This is pretty hard to argue with but I’m sure he will anyways, knowing him.

The thing with this big push on Pippen is if Pippen indeed sucked what does that make Payton? Pippen>Payton easily in that era and all-time. Yet Payton was the best player on MJ's finals opponent? The logical implication of their own arguments imply Jordan played weak competition. :lol If Pippen=Iggy what does that make Payton?

ImKobe
05-19-2020, 11:24 AM

Pippen 19/7/6

Payton was DPOY and led multiple teams deep into the Playoffs. His peak numbers are better than Pippen's. He's a better player than Pippen.

I can give you Pippen over Payton, he's still nowhere near the best player of the 90s, that's really the point I was trying to make here. He's in the class of Stockton/GP/Miller.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:33 AM
The funny thing is if Pippen was traded to Seattle in 95' there would be no question who the #1 on the team would be: Pippen. This is more historical revisionism.

His peak numbers are better than Pippen's

Pippen 22/9/6/3
Payton 22/5/9/2 (90's best)

He's in the class of Stockton/GP/Miller.

So peaks matter but Pippen who had a much higher peak than Miller and a higher peak than Stockton is behind him.

You guys simply want to put Pippen behind every 90's star out of insecurity over MJ. It is transparent. Your post is a good case study. You say peak in one case, peak doesn't matter in another.

Miller is laughable. I am not going to waste time on that. Miller never made more than all-NBA team and was never a MVP candidate. Miller=Klay.

Stockton is a peak versus longevity argument. If peak is what someone (really) values then it is Pippen.

Payton was DPOY and led multiple teams deep into the Playoffs

This is dumb and false. Payton was a role player on the 93' WCF team. He led one team deep, 96'. It is dumb because Pippen was the #1 option for one playoff run in his prime. Is that his fault?

ImKobe
05-19-2020, 11:47 AM
So peaks matter but Pippen who had a much higher peak than Miller and a higher peak than Stockton is behind him.

You guys simply want to put Pippen behind every 90's star out of insecurity over MJ. It is transparent. Your post is a good case study. You say peak in one case, peak doesn't matter in another.

Miller is laughable. I am not going to waste time on that. Miller never made more than all-NBA team and was never a MVP candidate. Miller=Klay.

Stockton is a peak versus longevity argument. If peak is what someone (really) values then it is Pippen.

This is dumb and false. Payton was a role player on the 93' WCF team. He led one team deep, 96'. It is dumb because Pippen was the #1 option for one playoff run in his prime. Is that his fault?

GP wasn't a role player in '93, he was a starter.

Reggie's offensive impact makes up for his defense and his offensive numbers improved in the POs, led the league in TS% multiple times as a shooter while Pippen was mediocre as a scorer in comparison.

You can downplay those guys all you want, but Pippen was not a level above them, he wasn't as elite as you Jordan haters make him out to be. A great all-around player sure, but never good enough to be a #1 option on a contender. He definitely is in Gary Payton's class as player. Great 2-way guy who couldn't carry a team scoring-wise.

juju151111
05-19-2020, 11:50 AM
The funny thing is if Pippen was traded to Seattle in 95' there would be no question who the #1 on the team would be: Pippen. This is more historical revisionism.

Pippen 22/9/6/3
Payton 22/5/9/2 (90's best)

Another clown level statement. Klay Thonpson was a 2nd and 3rd option and still has worse TS% than Reggie miller

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:52 AM
Let's do Miller vs. Pippen since several MJ stans have said Miller>Pippen on ISH. I think it would be instructive to younger posters to see how ridiculous MJ stans have become.

Pippen vs. Miller (90's)

All-NBA teams: Pippen 7, Miller 3 (all third teams for Miller...)
All-NBA 1st teams: Pippen 3, Miller 0
All-star: Pippen 7, Miller 4
Top 5 MVP finishes: Pippen 2, Miller 0
Top 10 MVP finishes: Pippen 5, Miller 0
All-D teams: Pippen 9, Miller 0
All-D first teams: Pippen 7, Miller 0

Pippen 20/8/6 (1991-1998)
Miller 21/3/3 (1990-1998)

Pippen was the better playmaker, defender, rebounder, post player, better finisher, better transition player.
Miller was the better shooter.

On all-time lists the two are not even close. Nor were they in their era. No one thought Miller was equal or better to Pippen then.

This is a joke. MJ stans are unhinged because of LeBron.

ImKobe
05-19-2020, 11:54 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYQ9Wd_XsAgf6zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

juju151111
05-19-2020, 11:54 AM
Let's do Miller vs. Pippen since several MJ stans have said Miller>Pippen on ISH. I think it would be instructive to younger posters to see how ridiculous MJ stans have become.

Pippen vs. Miller (90's)

All-NBA teams: Pippen 7, Miller 3 (all third teams for Miller...)
All-NBA 1st teams: Pippen 3, Miller 0
All-star: Pippen 7, Miller 4
Top 5 MVP finishes: Pippen 2, Miller 0
Top 10 MVP finishes: Pippen 5, Miller 0
All-D teams: Pippen 9, Miller 0
All-D first teams: Pippen 7, Miller 0

Pippen 20/8/6 (1991-1998)
Miller 21/3/3 (1990-1998)

Pippen was the better playmaker, defender, rebounder, post player, better finisher, better transition player.
Miller was the better shooter.

On all-time lists the two are not even close. Nor were they in their era. No one thought Miller was equal or better to Pippen then.

Who are the several fans?

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:57 AM
GP wasn't a role player in '93

He was 13.5/3/5.

Reggie's offensive impact makes up for his defense and his offensive numbers improved in the POs, led the league in TS% multiple times as a shooter while Pippen was mediocre as a scorer in comparison

Miller averaged 21 PPG in his prime; Pippen 20 PPG. Listen to what you are hearing: Miller is a great scorer while Pippen "was mediocre as a scorer in comparison." Ask yourself: why are they being so deceptive?

Reggie has zero offensive impact outside of scoring. Pippen's playmaking had the Bulls #1 in scoring; without him they fell to #18 in 98' when he was out.

Klay Thonpson was a 2nd and 3rd option

MJ stans are dense. Options don't make you a better or worse player. If Miller was on the Warriors instead of Klay he would have the same role on offense. He just wouldn't play defense like Klay.

Miller vs Klay through age 28

All-NBA: Klay 2, Miller 0
All-star: Klay 5, Miller 1
All-D: Klay 1, Miller 0
Top 10 MVP finishes: Klay 1, Miller 0

Klay: 22/4/2 (15'-19')
Miller: 21/3/3 (90'-98')

This is the guy they are telling you>a top 20-30 all-time player. :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Prime Payton had similar numbers to Pippen except he had more scoring skills. And per position, one of the greatest impact players defensively.

Another day, another thread where Rockhead and other cornballs meltdown. :oldlol: Bunch of goofy haters.

RogueBorg
05-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Let's do Miller vs. Pippen since several MJ stans have said Miller>Pippen on ISH.

Caught you lying again.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 03:45 PM
People can read the thread for themselves--as well as the other threads where MJ stans list players who (in the MJ stan bubble)>Pippen from the same era (basically a list of anybody who made all-NBA at some point in the 90's :lol ). :violin:

It is amusing you have no problem with this idiocy but god forbid they get called out. That gets you going!

juju151111
05-19-2020, 04:40 PM
People can read the thread for themselves--as well as the other threads where MJ stans list players who (in the MJ stan bubble)>Pippen from the same era (basically a list of anybody who made all-NBA at some point in the 90's :lol ). :violin:

It is amusing you have no problem with this idiocy but god forbid they get called out. That gets you going!

I want you specifically to name 3 Mj fans that said this. Cause remember like you said they in every thread going crazy. So it should be easy. Go ahead. Clown ass behavior

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 04:46 PM
I don't have a file on the army of MJ stans, especially since some of them operate alt accounts too.

Why don't you post a poll (with votes visible) on Miller vs. Pippen and see how it goes? You like making these threads, right?

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 07:37 PM
I want you specifically to name 3 Mj fans that said this. Cause remember like you said they in every thread going crazy. So it should be easy. Go ahead. Clown ass behavior

Here you go. :cheers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?480133-Dwyane-Wade-or-Scottie-Pippen-Who%92s-the-better-player/page11

juju151111
05-19-2020, 08:01 PM
Here you go. :cheers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?480133-Dwyane-Wade-or-Scottie-Pippen-Who%92s-the-better-player/page11

Who are the 3?

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 09:17 PM

Agreed!