PDA

View Full Version : Were would you rank Harden and Westbrook if they win the championship this year?

Lebron23
05-19-2020, 10:09 AM
Rockets actually have a very good chance of winning the title if they are hitting their outside shots.

RogueBorg
05-19-2020, 02:18 PM
Rockets actually have a very good chance of winning the title if they are hitting their outside shots.

I don't think they win anything with D'Antoni as their coach. He's not a championship coach.

Turbo Slayer
05-19-2020, 02:31 PM
Winning a championship would massively boost their legacies. Tremendously.

jayfan
05-19-2020, 02:49 PM

No.

ralph_i_el
05-19-2020, 02:57 PM
It is rare for a team outside of the top-10 in D-rating to win a ring. They were 15th this year.

I would be extremely surprised if this team won.

I think the worst defensive team to win in modern history was the Cavs with Lebron in 2015-16. They were 10th in the league that year in D-rating.

SouBeachTalents
05-19-2020, 03:06 PM
I still think it's crazy how underrated that CP3 injury is. I know it gets mentioned, but seriously, if Harden knocks off those Warriors then LeBron b2b to win the title/FMVP, think on how differently it'd be looked upon now. He would legit be ranked in the same tier as Wade/Curry/Durant, if not higher. And CP3's legacy gets completely rewritten as well

Now, Harden is seen as one of the biggest playoff chokers ever and CP3 will always be seen as a playoff disappointment

the mesiah
05-19-2020, 03:08 PM
IF and only IF they beat the clips, lakers , bucks to win the chip I can see harden as of now be in the top 25, Westbrook be in the top 30,

Axe
05-19-2020, 04:54 PM
Who's going to be fmvp amongst the two in case it becomes a reality? Is it harden or wb?

FultzNationRISE
05-19-2020, 05:06 PM
I still think it's crazy how underrated that CP3 injury is. I know it gets mentioned, but seriously, if Harden knocks off those Warriors then LeBron b2b to win the title/FMVP, think on how differently it'd be looked upon now. He would legit be ranked in the same tier as Wade/Curry/Durant, if not higher. And CP3's legacy gets completely rewritten as well

Now, Harden is seen as one of the biggest playoff chokers ever and CP3 will always be seen as a playoff disappointment

Yeah but that's the point, right? Harden was supposed to be 'the guy' who comes through when the team needs him. He had his chance to knock off the Warriors.

Magic stepped up when Kareem was out. Lebron has carried undermanned teams through playoff series. Shaq won with a hurt Kobe.

Everyone knew Harden was a fraud of a leader and the only reason they had a chance to win that series was CP3.

So it isn't as if Harden took some unlucky or unfair hit to his legacy. CP3 was the reason they were in that series, and the ensuing course of events confirmed it. If anything, the CP3 injury and the result it led to, helped preserve an accurate and correct perception of Tarden.

tpols
05-19-2020, 05:32 PM

it would be one thing if it was a one off but it wasnt. CP3 gets hurt every single year he had to go more than one series deep in the playoffs.

Granted out west there's no rest. He has to see teams like kawhi spurs in first round.

Axe
05-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Outside of 2018, cp3 and his teams have never gotten past the second round of the postseason.