PDA

View Full Version : Japan's economy slumps into recession

Axe
05-19-2020, 04:29 PM
Exacerbated by the pandemic 😥

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-52570721

fsvr54
05-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Damn shame, this is the country I want to visit the most after all this.

highwhey
05-19-2020, 05:17 PM
America is next https://i.postimg.cc/rppd8b9r/0ac69bbb67ab5ccc70a38e8820d9ed9d.png

Axe
05-19-2020, 06:00 PM
America is next https://i.postimg.cc/rppd8b9r/0ac69bbb67ab5ccc70a38e8820d9ed9d.png
Does this indicate that bankruptcy will also come to haunt america's biggest corporations?

highwhey
05-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Does this mean that bankruptcy will come for america's biggest corporations?

They will get bailed out as usual.

but regular folks will feel the pain of this. i've been reading of some local restaurants and businesses shutting their doors for good. sucks to hear. and it's just the beginning.

bladefd
05-19-2020, 06:53 PM
I thought Japan wasn't impacted by the pandemic and is going on business-as-usual? Where are zenmaster, nanners, tpols and others?

Germany in recession too, Italy/Spain both in recession, US on brink of recession too. Wow, all those countries going so far just to stop Trump! That global conspiracy :rolleyes:

FultzNationRISE
05-19-2020, 06:58 PM
I thought Japan wasn't impacted by the pandemic and is going on business-as-usual? Where are zenmaster, nanners, tpols and others?

Germany in recession too, Italy/Spain both in recession, US on brink of recession too. Wow, all those countries going so far just to stop Trump! That global conspiracy :rolleyes:

Did you read the article you brain dead turd?

“The 3.4% fall in growth domestic product (GDP) for the first three months of 2020, follows a 6.4% decline during the last quarter of 2019, pushing Japan into a technical recession.“

It is a technical recession because the economy declined two quarters in a row. The decline was actually 50% LESS in 2020 Q1 than it was in 2019 Q4.

Their economy is also impacted by the reduced consumer demand of other countries, regardless of how their own country is affected by the virus itself.

You are a monkey.

Doomsday Dallas
05-19-2020, 07:09 PM
i've been reading of some local restaurants and businesses shutting their doors for good. sucks to hear. and it's just the beginning.

I've been reading that "most" restaurants will eventually be shutting their doors... for good.

it's going to be like Demolition Man, only Taco Bell will survive.

highwhey
05-19-2020, 07:16 PM
I've been reading that "most" restaurants will eventually be shutting their doors... for good.

it's going to be like Demolition Man, only Taco Bell will survive.

I fear that will happen across other industries as well. The big players will gain market share while the small fish can't afford to keep their doors open.

Even during an economic downfall, "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer."

:facepalm

Axe
05-19-2020, 07:42 PM
I thought China wasn't impacted by the pandemic and is going on business-as-usual? Where are zenmaster, nanners, tpols and others?

There. Fixed this for ya.

Axe
05-19-2020, 10:02 PM
Also indicated in the report earlier is that 'the worse is yet to come.'

Yikes 😬

Cleverness
05-19-2020, 11:09 PM
Did you read the article you brain dead turd?

“The 3.4% fall in growth domestic product (GDP) for the first three months of 2020, follows a 6.4% decline during the last quarter of 2019, pushing Japan into a technical recession.“

It is a technical recession because the economy declined two quarters in a row. The decline was actually 50% LESS in 2020 Q1 than it was in 2019 Q4.

Their economy is also impacted by the reduced consumer demand of other countries, regardless of how their own country is affected by the virus itself.

You are a monkey.

:oldlol:

he's got TDR, so he couldn't help but turn it into a Trump conspiracy

ZenMaster
05-20-2020, 02:50 AM

What does recession in Germany, Italy and Spain have to do with US democrats trying not to get Trump re-elected?

Social and corporate pressure to shut down societies happened all across the western world. There'll be a recession everywhere because people are worried and saving their money.

You have the "conspiracy" all wrong, US democrats did not create the social pressure on governments worldwide to enter a lockdown, but they're doing what they can to prolong the US lockdown and the effects of it as close to the election as possible.

Cleverness
05-20-2020, 03:01 AM
What does recession in Germany, Italy and Spain have to do with US democrats trying not to get Trump re-elected?

Social and corporate pressure to shut down societies happened all across the western world. There'll be a recession everywhere because people are worried and saving their money.

You have the "conspiracy" all wrong, US democrats did not create the social pressure on governments worldwide to enter a lockdown, but they're doing what they can to prolong the US lockdown and the effects of it as close to the election as possible.

"Conspiracy" is the new "racist"

The Left likes to loosely throw that term around to discredit opposing viewpoints

ZenMaster
05-20-2020, 03:08 AM

The Left likes to loosely throw that term around to discredit opposing viewpoints

They're quite well conditioned on it too. Like as soon as you present a viewpoint that their political heroes aren't acting with purity, you get a "conspiracy theory" sentence thrown in your head along with a few emoticons.

There's just no critical thinking, probably because deep down they agree and can justify the actions as being in the name of the greater good because they're trying to remove someone who by and large is compared to Hitler himself.

Nanners
05-20-2020, 03:13 AM

The fact that any Russiagater would use the term "conspiracy" as a pejorative is laughably absurd

There is literally more evidence to support the Alex Jones claim that "theyre turning the frogs gay" than there is supporting Russiagate

SATAN
05-20-2020, 03:18 AM
You guys and your little echo chamber here look so stupid with all the generalizations and abovetopsecret.com level conversation. It's laughable. People aren't as stupid as you make them out to be.

ZenMaster
05-20-2020, 03:23 AM
You guys and your little echo chamber here look so stupid with all the generalizations and abovetopsecret.com level conversation. It's laughable. People aren't as stupid as you make them out to be.

"Your little echo chamber here" :D - I don't think you know how use the term echo chamber or what it means.

Axe
05-20-2020, 03:51 AM
"Your little echo chamber here" :D - I don't think you know how use the term echo chamber or what it means.
He has his own special chamber down there in hell. :oldlol:

rawimpact
05-20-2020, 08:54 AM

Is that DonD? That guy seems to be too triggered for a 2020 poster.

Axe
05-23-2020, 08:08 PM
Hmm interesting

https://onemileatatime.com/japan-may-cover-half-the-cost-of-your-visit/

Cleverness
05-25-2020, 12:41 AM
Hmm interesting

https://onemileatatime.com/japan-may-cover-half-the-cost-of-your-visit/

Nice. I'm already planning on going back there later this year.

hold this L
05-25-2020, 03:02 AM
I go to different places in Europe summer times, but I did plan to go to Japan since I've never been towards the end of the year.

Then corona happened. Hopefully this dies down in a few months.

Axe
05-25-2020, 03:42 AM
I hope everything becomes fine already by the time christmas season draws near.

Axe
05-25-2020, 11:35 PM
Oh crap. So how then? 😑

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/amp/world/japan-bans-entry-for-foreigners-from-11-more-929889.html

GimmeThat
05-26-2020, 03:44 AM
I'm guessing places outside of U.S. just view this pandemic as parking the car illegally, than being unable to move it while looking at parking tickets piling up?