PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Documentary Perception

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 10:31 PM
What is your verdict on the MJ documentary?

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 10:37 PM
I haven't watched most of it as soon as I noticed they were omitting facts to portray Michael an off court saint, which he notoriously wasn't. i suppose it's been quite refreshing for his fans though as most were 8-13yo when they last watched basketball and those Bulls play

1987_Lakers
05-19-2020, 10:38 PM
I thought it was going to exclusively cover the '98 season. Became disappointed with the constant flashbacks, I thought to myself maybe the flashbacks would stop a few episodes in, but nope, they just kept on going. It's a shame because from time to time they did share some stuff behind the scenes from the '98 season which was pretty cool, but it was rare when they did. Also disappointed this turned into an MJ doc, but not really surprised since this was made by Jordan's people, we all saw in his HOF speech that Jordan just cares about himself.

It's not a bad documentary, it was pretty entertaining at times and if I was a casual I would love it, but I didn't learn much from it.

juju151111
05-19-2020, 10:42 PM
I haven't watched most of it as soon as I noticed they were omitting facts to portray Michael an off court saint, which he notoriously wasn't. i suppose it's been quite refreshing for his fans though as most were 8-13yo when they last watched basketball and those Bulls play
Wait when did they potray him has a off court saint. He was playimg golf withcrime bosses, Gambling like a maniac, didn't support a politician that was going against a racist. What are you talking about?

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Wait when did they potray him has a off court saint. He was playimg golf withcrime bosses, Gambling like a maniac, didn't support a politician that was going against a racist. What are you talking about?

The issue is whenever they showed anything negative about him they then put on 12 guests justifying what MJ did.

As to the bias, notice everyone who has come out to comment about it has said it was not a legit documentary. We aren't seeing teammates come out and defend it.

juju151111
05-19-2020, 10:51 PM
The issue is whenever they showed anything negative about him they then put on 12 guests justifying what MJ did.

As to the bias, notice everyone who has come out to comment about it has said it was not a legit documentary. We aren't seeing teammates come out and defend it.

no they didn't, they literally had the man who gets voted every year has America most inspirational guy Barack Obama said that was a bad move on Mj part. Mj clearly going to defend himself and they were people who disagreed and agreed with uis actions. Stop the lies

aceman
05-19-2020, 10:52 PM
Ad to sell shoes; softens his bullying personality & takes credit for success while diminishing teammates

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 10:52 PM
Excellent piece if in theatres would top Avengers End Game for #1 all time in sales.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 10:58 PM

and they specifically omitted anyone who had any personal confrontations with Michael, even ones that didn't

I finally got (Stockton) on the phone after like two years of chasing him,” Hehir said on The Dan Patrick show. “(Stockton) said, ‘I don’t want to be a part of a Michael Jordan puff piece.'”

i think in the short and long run this doc will actual hinder michaels fairy tail story even more as his affiliates will now publically address each and every part they failed to reveal or got wrong about.

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:00 PM
This doc sure touched RR in the dirty place. Last time I saw someone so rattled over a TV doc was that Michael Jackson one that sent his fan base into a tizzy.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:02 PM

It is 5-3 in favor of it being a puff piece; all the 3 votes are MJ stans. You guys are getting lost in your circle jerk.

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:03 PM
It is 5-3 in favor of it being a puff piece; all the 3 votes are MJ stans. You guys are getting lost in your circle jerk.

OK, really a big winner, taking down Michael Jordan and exposing him to the world. What an amazing task you've devoted your life to.

SATAN
05-19-2020, 11:04 PM
Disappointing. Although I haven't seen every episode.

SATAN
05-19-2020, 11:06 PM
and they specifically omitted anyone who had any personal confrontations with Michael, even ones that didn't

[B]I finally got (Stockton) on the phone after like two years of chasing him,” Hehir said on The Dan Patrick show. “(Stockton) said,[I] ‘I don’t want to be a part of a Michael Jordan puff piece.'”

:lol

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:08 PM
it seems most of the votes in favor of the doc are coming from alternate accounts and users who never contribute in modern basketball discussions since 1998. i wonder if they will stop posting again after nba resumes

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:10 PM
it seems most of the votes in favor of the doc are coming from alternate accounts and users who never contribute in modern basketball discussions since 1998. i wonder if they will stop posting again after nba resumes

The doc was always going to anger people who live in denial about Jordan being kind of a big deal. It's easier to live in fantasy land on ISH and think that's actually what the real world thinks when this board is small, small potatoes.

Reggie43
05-19-2020, 11:11 PM
Great watch but they sometimes withheld some quotes or facts that would have praised the Bulls opponents like Miller perservering through an ankle injury helping his team win 2 games, or praising Kukoc's great shooting in game 7 or even the quote from Pippen where he said "I dont think the better team won" somewhere along those lines as a compliment to the Pacers were all omitted.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:14 PM
The doc was always going to anger people who live in denial about Jordan being kind of a big deal. It's easier to live in fantasy land on ISH and think that's actually what the real world thinks when this board is small, small potatoes.

^^ here is a good example of a user who didn't really exist on Insidehoops prior to this doc. something tells me a lot of these new user accounts are coming out of hibernation because the user is afraid to be labeled a stan on their main account. someone said this Soundwave acct was that user Lost Cause as well, another user who predominantly only posts about michael or michaels opponents

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:15 PM

I finally got (Stockton) on the phone after like two years of chasing him,” Hehir said on The Dan Patrick show. “(Stockton) said, ‘I don’t want to be a part of a Michael Jordan puff piece.'”

i think in the short and long run this doc will actual hinder michaels fairy tail story even more as his affiliates will now publically address each and every part they failed to reveal or got wrong about.

Good point. Grant has come out and spoken his piece. Pippen "reportedly" stated his views. Rodman spoke out. There was the Drexler article. Thomas has spoken out. Eventually everyone will speak out.

They will post but only to further their agenda. Look at the people talking about the doc favorably. How often do you see them in a thread about 21st century basketball?

What an amazing task you've devoted your life to.

I hadn't posted on here for several years. :oldlol:

knicksman
05-19-2020, 11:17 PM
yo dmavs aka roundball. Why you started ignoring me ever since I exposed your ass? Is it because its the truth? Why cant you troll on your main account bro. Do you really care so much about your reputation? LOL

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:18 PM
yo dmavs aka roundball. Why you started ignoring me ever since I exposed your ass? Is it because its the truth? Why cant you troll on your main account bro. Do you really care so much about your reputation? LOL
are you okay?

FKAri
05-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Jesus christ. Who gives a flying ****? Why are you on a 100 post-a-day crusade against MJ?

It's probably a puff piece (I haven't seen it) but I don't need to shout about it from the rooftops til the neighbors wake up.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:19 PM
are you okay?

Nope. :lol

Who gives a flying ****?

The people reading and voting in the thread--like you. :oldlol:

Relax and take MJ's D out your rear. We don't know what the poll result will end up as. It is 5-3-1 right now. Not Earth shattering. Don't worry, billionaire MJ will survive a 5-3-1 vote and it is still possible the vote finishes in favor of MJ's project. No need to chop heads off.

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:21 PM
^^ here is a good example of a user who didn't really exist on Insidehoops prior to this doc. something tells me a lot of these new user accounts are coming out of hibernation because the user is afraid to be labeled a stan on their main account. someone said this Soundwave acct was that user Lost Cause as well, another user who predominantly only posts about michael or michaels opponents

lol a user who joined in 2020 is lecturing some who joined from 2006. I don't have alts, mods are welcome to do all their IP traces they want, unlike a bunch of these LeBron b*tches that need 40 alts and still can't win the GOAT polls on this board.

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Jesus christ. Who gives a flying ****? Why are you on a 100 post-a-day crusade against MJ?

It's probably a puff piece (I haven't seen it) but I don't need to shout about it from the rooftops til the neighbors wake up.

I want to see them protest outside of ESPN offices and Nike stores next. Take it to the system! Maybe try and wrestle kids wearing Air Jordans. lol.

knicksman
05-19-2020, 11:22 PM

hes dmavs. A big lebron stan. Hes insecure of kawhi(mj clone) so hes tearing MJ now coz kawhi is exposing how overrated his boy is

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:23 PM
I want to see them protest outside of ESPN offices and Nike stores next. Take it to the system! Maybe try and wrestle kids wearing Air Jordans. lol.

The mayor of a small town gets more scrutiny than MJ does. Take MJ out your rear, see what the result is. If you are insecure about the result that is pretty insulting and damning regarding the "doc". If it is what you and MJ stans say it is, the vote should go the way you need to sleep at night.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Good point. Grant has come out and spoken his piece. Pippen "reportedly" stated his views. Rodman spoke out. There was the Drexler article. Thomas has spoken out. Eventually everyone will speak out.

They will post but only to further their agenda. Look at the people talking about the doc favorably. How often do you see them in a thread about 21st century basketball?

I hadn't posted on here for several years. :oldlol:
i agree with you. michael played in a era which social media and instantaneous news didn't exist, average joes didn't have opinions. the only real nba dirt we ever got back then came from autobiographies players had after retirement. michael should have laid his story to rest back when it was a safe space for telling children campfire stories that were believable. trying to refresh his brand and retell "his" story right now just unleashes open season to those buttcheeks

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:25 PM
hes dmavs. A big lebron stan. Hes insecure of kawhi(mj clone) so hes tearing MJ now coz kawhi is exposing how overrated his boy is

The funny thing is the complete lack of self awareness Kobe and LeBron stans have ... like you know your boy is the biggest Jordan ass kiss in history to base their entire life around said player, so you're hating on ... what exactly?

Your boy's daddy?

How f**king stupid do you have to be, like Kobe even admits in the doc he had to tell some of his own fans to shut the f*ck up, lol.

It would be like a Shaq fan hating Wilt ... there is no Shaq without Wilt you dumb f*ck.

sdot_thadon
05-19-2020, 11:25 PM
Would have voted both but i feel it serves more purpose as a puff piece than a historical recounting of the 98 season. The timing he decided to agree to go forward with it, the fact he had creative control, and the obvious results say enough. It served whatever purpose it was intended to. I just wish he had named it Michael Jordan: come dance with me instead.

knicksman
05-19-2020, 11:29 PM
The funny thing is the complete lack of self awareness Kobe and LeBron stans have ... like you know your boy is the biggest Jordan ass kiss in history to base their entire life around said player, so you're hating on ... what exactly?

Your boy's daddy?

How f**king stupid do you have to be, like Kobe even admits in the doc he had to tell some of his own fans to sh*t the f*ck up, lol.

It would be like a Shaq fan hating Wilt ... there is no Shaq without Wilt you dumb f*ck.

yeah the moment lebron wore 23 is the moment you know hell never surpass jordan. Hes a follower and followers will never surpass their leaders. Thats why im no fan of his then couple with the statpadding.

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:29 PM
i agree with you. michael played in a era which social media and instantaneous news didn't exist, average joes didn't have opinions. the only real nba dirt we ever got back then came from autobiographies players had after retirement. michael should have laid his story to rest back when it was a safe space for telling children campfire stories that were believable. trying to refresh his brand and retell "his" story right now just unleashes open season to those buttcheeks

I forgot the social media piece. Any of these people can go on social media and denounce the "doc." Moreover, they ran it in a time where the sports media is desperate for content with no sports. If anyone involved like Grant comes out and says something they will get airtime because there is no real sports news to fill shows with.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:30 PM
lol a user who joined in 2020 is lecturing some who joined from 2006. I don't have alts, mods are welcome to do all their IP traces they want, unlike a bunch of these LeBron b*tches that need 40 alts and still can't win the GOAT polls on this board.
while bran/kobe stans are just as insecure, in all fairness at least they participate in modern nba discussion outside of 90's highlights on youtube. you don't see many michael fans ever really talk about current basketball unless it's nostalgia complaining how the game has changed. ofcourse it has, the game evolved more between 80's-90's than it did at any time during NBA's existence. can you imagine if they shortened the 3 point line or told every defender they had to be within arms length of their man even if they had no ability to shoot? these were legitimate game changers to benefit iso scorers and ramp fan interest

dazzer87
05-19-2020, 11:31 PM
HolyShit what a meltdown by this dude.....Ever since the doc dropped this dude been on this site 24/7......... :lol

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:31 PM
while bran/kobe stans are just as insecure, in all fairness at least they participate in modern nba discussion outside of 90's highlights on youtube. you don't see many michael fans ever really talk about current basketball unless it's nostalgia complaining how the game has changed. ofcourse it has, the game evolved more between 80's-90's than it did at any time during NBA's existence. can you imagine if they shortened the 3 point line or told every defender they had to be within arms length of their man even if they had no ability to shoot? these were legitimate game changers to benefit iso scorers and ramp fan interest

I've never seen Soundwave, DR, guy, etc. in a thread about 21st century basketball. Have you?

Soundwave
05-19-2020, 11:32 PM

This board is basically "Kobe will take over as GOAT oh wait no ..... LeBron" and basically nothing else for the better part of 12+ years, lets be f**king honest. 3-4 years from now this board will probably in crisis mode because that won't really be a hot topic.

This board is basically built on the obsession of chasing Jordan and now there's lots of anger that the two golden child's that were supposed to do it aren't really where they needed to be.

It was a "normal" basketball board like maybe 13-14 years ago.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:34 PM
This board is basically "Kobe will take over as GOAT oh wait no ..... LeBron" and basically nothing else for the better part of 12+ years, lets be f**king honest. 3-4 years from now this board will probably in crisis mode because that won't really be a hot topic.
kobe and bran stans contribute to nightly game threads and nba discussions from all eras. michael fans for the most part only come out to defend bruce blitz youtube videos and puff piece documentaries, or complain about anything that happened in the nba after 1999

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:34 PM
The vote is 6:3:2 (all 3 being MJ stans), so basically 6:5 yet MJ stans are melting down. Why do you think that is? Did they expect it to be 0:11? :lol

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:39 PM
I've never seen Soundwave, DR, guy, etc. in a thread about 21st century basketball. Have you?
i don't pay attention to most overall posts on here but i can say it's quite easy to observe those who have a general liking to the sport of basketball and those who only participate in threads that is somehow connected to michael jordan or his competition

Roundball_Rock
05-19-2020, 11:40 PM
kobe and bran stans contribute to nightly game threads and nba discussions from all eras. michael fans for the most part only come out to defend bruce blitz youtube videos and puff piece documentaries, or complain about anything that happened in the nba after 1999

They are so caught up in their bubble they can't see how the rest of the world thinks. Look at this thread. It is 10-3-2 in favor of it being biased, with all 3 votes being MJ stans. Instead of introspection, their response is to complain hysterically.

Smoke117
05-19-2020, 11:42 PM
Soundwave melting hard in this one. :oldlol:

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:47 PM
Soundwave melting hard in this one. :oldlol:
he seems very unstable. but for the most part i don't think we should be concerned as he most likely wont resume posting once the documentary buzz fades and nba resumes

iamgine
05-19-2020, 11:48 PM
It was interesting. Was awesome to see footage of his greatness again but more interesting are the little tidbits. Like how he was poisoned in Utah. Or some of the more minor pieces like Jerry Krause/Reinsdorf and the security guys. Also Steve Kerr's dad.

I also thought Jordan looked to be in a really bad shape nowadays. Red eyes and overweight. Doesn't look like someone who's happy. Won't be surprised if he dies soon.

insidious301
05-19-2020, 11:50 PM
At first I thought it was too MJ biased, but I liked the ode to Kerr. The segment on out Rodman was alright. Most of the stuff i kind of already knew after reading "Jordan Rules". The documentary would've been more entertaining to see teammates go back at MJ. Or maybe even see Kerr throw a punch at MJ.

Soundwave you sound like a freaking basket case man. Be more like Dondadda/OSB/Kuniva. Cool ass Jordan fans. Not like that crazy 3ball poster.

PoutinPippin
05-20-2020, 12:13 AM

Your boy's daddy?

How f**king stupid do you have to be, like Kobe even admits in the doc he had to tell some of his own fans to shut the f*ck up, lol.

Holy Shit, exactly. My god, I can never understand it.