PDA

View Full Version : if the Cavs don't win in 2016 they would have been the nba's Bills

coastalmarker99
05-20-2020, 12:23 PM
How would you view the Cavs teams from 2015 to 2018 if they never won a title and lost 4 straight finals?

Lebron would have lost 5 straight NBA finals which would have been the NBA record for most finals lost in a row.

Kevin love would have been destroyed for his performances in the 2016 finals and 2017 finals he averaged 9 points a game on 47 ts in the 2016 finals.

It would have made people think that LeBron made a huge mistake going back to Cleveland.

Lebron would probably be viewed as a top 10 guy and not top 3.

Uncle Drew
05-20-2020, 12:24 PM
If they didn't win in '16, they would have won in '17.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 12:30 PM

This. Durant is a coward for joining a 73 wins team.

coastalmarker99
05-20-2020, 12:36 PM

let's just say that the Warriors pull off a tight victory in game 7 and durant still joins them. And things play out as they did in real life how would you view LeBron and those Cavs teams.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 12:39 PM
let's just say that the Warriors pull off a tight victory in game 7 and durant still joins them. And things play out as they did in real life how would you view LeBron and those Cavs teams.

I don't think Durant would have join those Warriors team if the Cavaliers don't win in 2016. He was stressed that LeBron and Kawhi were winning championships.

Uncle Drew
05-20-2020, 12:53 PM

As much of a loser Durant is, he wouldn't have joined a reigning championship team, let's be real now.

coastalmarker99
05-20-2020, 12:57 PM
As much of a loser Durant is, he wouldn't have joined a reigning championship team, let's be real now.

I would say that if the Cavs lose the 2016 finals that both love and Kyrie are on the trade table that offseason maybe Kyrie gets traded for Cp3 who knows it would be interesting to have seen the moves that the Cavs would have done in the offseason and trade deadline if they had lost in 2016.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 01:05 PM
Irving and Love gets traded for Kevin Durant probably.

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 01:09 PM
KD joins Cleveland instead and the Cavs win a bunch of meaningless rings. Which would actually hurt Lebron’s legacy even though it boosted Steph’s.

coastalmarker99
05-20-2020, 01:14 PM
KD joins Cleveland instead and the Cavs win a bunch of meaningless rings. Which would actually hurt Lebron’s legacy even though it boosted Steph’s.

Why would it hurt LeBron's legacy he and Durant more than likely three-peat together it would be like Kobe and Shaq Lebon could say that he taught Durant how to win and the Cavs were over the cap they would have had to trade love and kyrie for him.

FultzNationRISE
05-20-2020, 01:30 PM
“If if if”

“You guys, if Lebron doesnt pull his wiener out in 15, then Beyonce and Rihanna dont sleep with him, then he doesnt have the same mojo in 21016, if if if if if if if”

Who cares WHAT IF. The fact is Lebron closed the deal vs a 73 win team and won the most improbable chip in history.

DEAL WITH IT.

ImKobe
05-20-2020, 01:43 PM

False. Durant was going to the Warriors no matter what, and the Warriors aren't turning him down.

tpols
05-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Only Lebron could compete for a 4peat loss. :roll:

literally a suspension away from it.

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 01:48 PM
Why would it hurt LeBron's legacy he and Durant more than likely three-peat together it would be like Kobe and Shaq Lebon could say that he taught Durant how to win and the Cavs were over the cap they would have had to trade love and kyrie for him.
The same reason nobody respects the Warriors rings.
KD on the Cavs would probably be even more unfair than KD on the Warriors.
I personally wouldn’t view lebron as highly if he won a bunch of gimme rings with his main competitor

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 01:51 PM

literally a suspension away from it.

2017 and 2018 Warriors would also defeat Kobe and Gasol's Lakers. Too much offensive fire power. And lebron from 2015 to 2018 was a superior finals performer than Kobe.

Turbo Slayer
05-20-2020, 01:54 PM

literally a suspension away from it. LOL. Kobe was hella lucky he didnt face the Golden State Warriors. The outcome would have been the same. Kobe would be swept both years in 2017 and 2018 and 2016 is debatable with those Cavs teams. Kobe is a worse Finals performer than LeBron so yeah...

tpols
05-20-2020, 01:59 PM
If you allowed Kobe to have his pick of any 2 all NBA caliber players to build a team with HIS team would be the golden state warriors.

FultzNationRISE
05-20-2020, 02:03 PM
If you allowed Kobe to have his pick of any 2 all NBA caliber players to build a team with HIS team would be the golden state warriors.

Wait, two more in ADDITION to Shaq, Payton, and Malone? Or including them...?

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 02:09 PM
Replacing Steph with 2009 Kobe doesn’t make the Warriors a dynasty lmao.
Steph is the only player in history capable of making that team and system what it was.

And peak Shaq wasn’t enough?:oldlol:

Smook A.
05-20-2020, 02:11 PM
If the Cavs didn't win in 2016, I'm pretty sure Durant wouldn't have joined the Warriors

Cavs probably would've won in 2017 or 2018 then

tpols
05-20-2020, 02:45 PM
Replacing Steph with 2009 Kobe doesn’t make the Warriors a dynasty lmao.
Steph is the only player in history capable of making that team and system what it was.

And peak Shaq wasn’t enough?:oldlol:

You are more daft than i thought. Which is saying quite a bit.

My analogy was in regards to Lebrons team hopping.

Let Kobe choose any 2 guys out of the wade davis kyrie love and bosh cast and he'd be fullfilling dynasty expectations instead of whiffing tremendously.

bullettooth
05-20-2020, 02:48 PM
This. Durant is a coward for joining a 73 wins team.

LeBron is a coward for colluding in 2010.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Why do people argue Durant doesn't join the Warriors if they had won that year? I get that Dray doesn't make the phone call asking him to join them after Game 7, but I still can't imagine Durant sitting there watching the end of Game 7 and thinking his free agency decision literally rides on the outcome of that game. You think the final 2 minutes go differently and Durant thinks that since the Warriors won by 4 points instead of lost, NOW it'd be too embarrassing to join this 73 win team that had just won last year and eliminated him the round before :lol

I don't buy it, I think the true turning point free agency wise was the Game 6 he lost to them in the WCF. The Thunder win that game and then I honestly don't know what the hell happens that summer

tpols
05-20-2020, 03:31 PM
Why do people argue Durant doesn't join the Warriors if they had won that year? I get that Dray doesn't make the phone call asking him to join them after Game 7, but I still can't imagine Durant sitting there watching the end of Game 7 and thinking his free agency decision literally rides on the outcome of that game. You think the final 2 minutes go differently and Durant thinks that since the Warriors won by 4 points instead of lost, NOW it'd be too embarrassing to join this 73 win team that had just won last year and eliminated him the round before :lol

I don't buy it, I think the true turning point free agency wise was the Game 6 he lost to them in the WCF. The Thunder win that game and then I honestly don't know what the hell happens that summer

i mean... obviously it played a huge role. He thought by stepping in he'd be the "savior". If the dubs had won like they should have, he'd have no angle for that.

And if warriors do win 2016, there's no guarantee they come back in 2017 to beat the thunder with KD still.

So there couldve been a thunder cavs finals that year.

StrongLurk
05-20-2020, 03:33 PM
It's kind of crazy to think that Lebron BARELY won 1 championship in 5 years. He was basically smoked in 2014, 2017 and 2018. Granted, 2015 he faced ridiculous odds with Kyrie and Love getting injured, but even so he BARELY won in 2016. Imagine 5 straight losses from 2014-2018. Yikes.

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 03:42 PM
You are more daft than i thought. Which is saying quite a bit.

My analogy was in regards to Lebrons team hopping.

Let Kobe choose any 2 guys out of the wade davis kyrie love and bosh cast and he'd be fullfilling dynasty expectations instead of whiffing tremendously.
You somehow always manage to outdo yourself with your own stupidity.
Lebron>Kobe. No amount of melting down will change that.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2020, 03:47 PM
i mean... obviously it played a huge role. He thought by stepping in he'd be the "savior". If the dubs had won like they should have, he'd have no angle for that.

And if warriors do win 2016, there's no guarantee they come back in 2017 to beat the thunder with KD still.

So there couldve been a thunder cavs finals that year.
Lol, then he misread that shit as badly as LeBron did doing the Decision followed by "it's gonna be easy/not 7" the next day. I definitely think he leaves OKC regardless of what happens in the Finals, he wanted out of there and away from Westbrook

I just don't see where else he would go, I can't imagine him choosing a situation like Boston or DC over the Warriors because of how the last 2 minutes of Game 7 unfolded, he seemed inclined on joining the Warriors

The only difference I could see is maybe the Warriors don't push as hard recruiting him those 2 weeks before free agency had they won. Although I think if the Warriors knew they could sign Durant, they would still make a serious play for him

tpols
05-20-2020, 03:52 PM
then he misread that shit as badly as LeBron did doing the Decision followed by "it's gonna be easy/not 7" the next day.

they both panicked after massive choking. But joining the dubs after b2b chips and 73 win record breaking season?

i dont think he wouldve done that. westbrook sucks balls to play with but i think hed understand hed get no credit in that situation with the dubs.

he got no credit as it is now lol... imagine how much less hed get if they were dubbed the greatest team ever instead of shit on like usual.

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2020, 04:01 PM
they both panicked after massive choking. But joining the dubs after b2b chips and 73 win record breaking season?

i dont think he wouldve done that. westbrook sucks balls to play with but i think hed understand hed get no credit in that situation with the dubs.

he got no credit as it is now lol... imagine how much less hed get if they were dubbed the greatest team ever instead of shit on like usual.
But you still need to give me a destination he goes to bro, where do you think he realistically signs with instead of Golden State?

tpols
05-20-2020, 04:10 PM
But you still need to give me a destination he goes to bro, where do you think he realistically signs with instead of Golden State?

he wouldve stayed with the thunder.

they were a hair away from winning and could capitalize on the champ fatigue.

Uncle Drew
05-20-2020, 05:05 PM
False. Durant was going to the Warriors no matter what, and the Warriors aren't turning him down.

Source?

Uncle Drew
05-20-2020, 05:07 PM
First Google hit: Kevin Durant confirmed it: If the Golden State Warriors had won Game 7 (or Game 5, or Game 6) of the NBA Finals, Durant would not have signed with them in free agency. Durant had wanted that game so bad, he did something he never did: let himself savor winning before it happened: "Man, I saw us in the ball caps and T-shirts, with our fans going crazy and dancing. That town was so good to us, showed us love even when we lost. I wanted it more for them than even me." He went home crushed, replaying his every miss - and there'd been plenty. He acquitted himself better in Game Seven, but Westbrook was strictly on fumes then. Some part of Durant knew he'd already punched his ticket. "It felt like that whole thing was set up for me to leave," he says, "especially after they blew a lead in the finals, because I damn sure wasn't going there if they'd won. But after Game Seven, I called up my agent and said, 'Damn, dude, Golden State - what if?'"

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/its-official-warriors-loss-in-nba-finals-gained-them-kevin-durant/ :oldlol: