PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter: " I have MJ, Kobe, and then Lebron."

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Vince Carter:

"If you haven't played in One NBA game, then you wouldn't understand what it's like. Point Blank. You can study, watch all the film you want, be a junky...but you still wouldn't understand what it's like. "

I'll leave you with this...

Matt Barnes: "Everyone has an opinion now about GOAT..."
Vince Carter: "Especially the ones who don't hoop."

Matt Barnes: "What can Lebron do to surpass Kobe?"
Vince Carter: "Well it depends on what else he does..."

:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojgD91JaxI&t

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Vince Carter:

"If you haven't played in One NBA game, then you wouldn't understand what it's like. Point Blank. You can study, watch all the film you want, be a junky...but you still wouldn't understand what it's like. "

4x nba mvp, 3x finals mvp. Better performance against much better teams in the playoffs, and in the finals. I like Carter as a player, but he would be a terrible GM in the NBA.

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:26 PM
Lol. Bron stans have gotten personal with Shaq, Bowen, and Vince Carter all in a 7 day span for ranking Kobe over Lebron.

ImKobe
05-20-2020, 06:26 PM
4x nba mvp, 3x finals mvp. Better performance against much better teams in the playoffs, and in the finals. I like Carter as a player, but he would be a terrible GM in the NBA.

Much easier to score in today's league.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Much easier to score in today's league.

Why did kobe failed to win more mvp and finals mvp when the league changed the rules in 2005?

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:30 PM
Is Lebron23 using google translate? Serious question.

Bronbron23
05-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Vince Carter:

lots of players whos played both have kobe over bron. Gotta love it when some dude on his coach tells people who actually played the game and played both that they dont know what they're talking about:facepalm

ImKobe
05-20-2020, 06:36 PM
Why did kobe failed to win more mvp and finals mvp when the league changed the rules in 2005?

He was in a rebuilding situation at his peak and didn't run from it to chase rings. How many rings would Lebron have, had he never left Cleveland. 1?

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:39 PM
lots of players whos played both have kobe over bron. Gotta love it when some dude on his coach tells people who actually played the game and played both that they dont know what they're talking about:facepalm

That's why Jordan is a terrible gm. Some of these players have moronic opinions unless they are bird, russell, and west 3 of the smartest players ever. Most of them have personal vendetta against a certain nba player.

Lebron23
05-20-2020, 06:40 PM
He was in a rebuilding situation at his peak and didn't run from it to chase rings. How many rings would Lebron have, had he never left Cleveland. 1?

Cleveland failed to surround him with a decent 2nd scoring option in his first stint with the team.

Roundball_Rock
05-20-2020, 06:41 PM
Basketball began in 1991 according to many players.

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 06:41 PM
How many would he have if he was drafted by the Spurs with peak Duncan and a great supporting cast?

AlternativeAcc.
05-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Guys who came up with Kobe rank him highly after he tragically dies

Wow

Riveting stuff

Too bad Kobe can't crack top 10 on a credible list where objectivity holds a precedent over emotion/pandering :(

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Damn. Gotta resort to the mentioning the man's death. Yikes. Nerve struck...

34-24 Footwork
05-20-2020, 06:52 PM
How many would he have if he was drafted by the Spurs with peak Duncan and a great supporting cast?

He would've either been traded for failure to adapt or ended up playing backup for a year or two. Don't think his game was developed enough to be inserted straight away in Greg Pop's system. Some coaches don't play rookies for a while. Not like you would know that though.

Knowing you, I bet you think he'd take Tony Parker's spot huh?

bullettooth
05-20-2020, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5hr0aF21k

AlternativeAcc.
05-20-2020, 07:00 PM
Damn. Gotta resort to the mentioning the man's death. Yikes. Nerve struck...
His death is more relevant info than anything you... copy and pasted

Step your troll game up btw. Its lazy and amateurish

Bronbron23
05-20-2020, 07:09 PM
That's why Jordan is a terrible gm. Some of these players have moronic opinions unless they are bird, russell, and west 3 of the smartest players ever. Most of them have personal vendetta against a certain nba player.

yes mj was a terrible gm but what does that have to do with the the toppic at hand? Some players are good coaches and gm's some are bad. Thers literally zero people who sit on coaches who are good gm's and coaches though so ill take my chances with the opinions of players

LostCause
05-20-2020, 07:38 PM
yes mj was a terrible gm but what does that have to do with the the toppic at hand? Some players are good coaches and gm's some are bad. Thers literally zero people who sit on coaches who are good gm's and coaches though so ill take my chances with the opinions of players

:oldlol:

eliteballer
05-20-2020, 08:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KYrrHop.png

Duncan21formvp
06-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Duncan is better than Lebron.

plowking
06-03-2020, 01:19 AM
If people were honest with themselves, this wouldn't be a comparison.

A lot of these players are Kobe's peers and players that looked up to him before coming into the league. Also being a lifetime Laker really helps. Magic is routinely overrated because of this as well when Bird was clearly the better player.

He was great, but just not a top 3 guy like LeBron, and that is perfectly fine. No one has been as good for as long as LeBron has.

jstern
06-03-2020, 01:31 AM
Guys who came up with Kobe rank him highly after he tragically dies

Wow

Riveting stuff

Too bad Kobe can't crack top 10 on a credible list where objectivity holds a precedent over emotion/pandering :(

Stop trying to change the narrative. You know full well that most NBA players have been saying that Kobe was the better player for many, many years. Players who played against both. It's only recently, that it's shifting slightly more towards Lebron with new players that are less familiar with Kobe picking Lebron. But as far as those that played against both, the vast majority pick Kobe. It was something that I really had to consider back in the day when I saw Lebron putting up all these stats, yet coaches and players would pick Kobe.

light
06-03-2020, 01:53 AM
Vince and Barnes are in the minority.

Plus, they're old.

brownmamba00
06-03-2020, 02:14 AM
It's an opinion thing. Nash ranked Bron over Kobe. They have similar playstyles coming off pick and rolls and dotting open shooters in a fast paced offense.

Same thing for VC and Kobe. They're both classic wingman that like to score off the dribble.

RogueBorg
06-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Duncan is better than Lebron.

Scottie Pippen is better than LeBron

dbugz
06-03-2020, 10:04 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/d3109fa96e6d888dc047e3787fa5b282/tenor.gif

deathawaitu
06-03-2020, 10:31 AM
The general consensus has always been like that. Mj, Kobe and Lebron is distance 3rd behind them.

MJ and Kobe both accomplished 3peat , Lebron can't even do a correct 2peat with full seasons

The only 2peat Lebron has done is losing in the finals

dbugz
06-03-2020, 10:38 AM
The general consensus has always been like that. Mj, Kobe and Lebron is distance 3rd behind them.

MJ and Kobe both accomplished 3peat , Lebron can't even do a correct 2peat with full seasons

The only 2peat Lebron has done is losing in the finals

MJ > Kobe > a distant libron ----- is like asking if water is....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEhmMsahF7fPXfRte/200_d.gif

PP34Deuce
06-03-2020, 01:29 PM
MJ is the GOAT. Lebron is top 5-7. Kobe is top 7-10. Lebron is better overall than Kobe. Don't let the aesthetics cloud your judgement. It's not outlandish to think some prefer Kobe over Lebron.

Vince Carter has never been a Lebron fan and came up with Kobe's era. Just like Matt Barnes, Stephen Jackson. SF's like KD and Kawhi are not going to prop Lebron up when he's been the threat to their position in All time SF's in the history of the game.

light
06-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Carter hints at the inevitable future. "Depends on what he does."

Extreme hold-outs like Carter and Barnes will eventually come over to Team LeBron. I say their transition will be complete by 2022. It may even happen by the end of this season.