PDA

View Full Version : Replace 2020 Ben Simmons with 1994 Scottie Pippen.

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 12:19 AM
Can the Sixers with 1994 Scottie Pippen beat the 2020 Milwaukee Bucks in a best of 7 series?

ralph_i_el
05-21-2020, 01:03 PM
100% yes.

Simmons doesn't fit on the 76ers at all.

ImKobe
05-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Does Pippen have anything over Simmons, other than shooting? I think they'd still lose to Milwaukee, since Pippen is not that much of an upgrade in terms of skill. Simmons is one of the better defensive players and is just as good at rebouding/passing as Pippen, and is a better scorer in the paint. Sixers would still have problems with Embiid's health and the lack of shooting, and that Horford signing was a terrible one in retrospect as well. I'd give them a fair chance if they still had Redick.

ralph_i_el
05-21-2020, 01:29 PM
Does Pippen have anything over Simmons, other than shooting? I think they'd still lose to Milwaukee, since Pippen is not that much of an upgrade in terms of skill. Simmons is one of the better defensive players and is just as good at rebouding/passing as Pippen, and is a better scorer in the paint. Sixers would still have problems with Embiid's health and the lack of shooting, and that Horford signing was a terrible one in retrospect as well. I'd give them a fair chance if they still had Redick.

Not being able to shoot is absolutely crippling for a guard. The impact of being able to ignore a guard on the perimeter is felt by every other offensive player. It means Simmons is only positively impacting the offense if he's handling the ball.

ImKobe
05-21-2020, 01:32 PM
Not being able to shoot is absolutely crippling for a guard. The impact of being able to ignore a guard on the perimeter is felt by every other offensive player.

Pippen wasn't an elite shooter either though. Obviously, he's miles ahead of Simmons in that regard, he could make mid-range jump shots at a decent rate, he was just a 32%3PT shooter in 1994, so maybe you'd still dare him to beat you from deep. I still think their team overall would be worse than Milwaukee's, though I do think they would be better.

tpols
05-21-2020, 01:43 PM
pippen is a very hard counter to giannis.

it wouldnt last long for the bucks.

TAZORAC
05-31-2020, 02:14 PM
Pippen shoots better then Simmons...SIMMONS attacks the rim better...that cancels each other out. The answer is NO.

light
05-31-2020, 03:35 PM
Can the Sixers with 1994 Scottie Pippen beat the 2020 Milwaukee Bucks in a best of 7 series?

Yes. Massive talent upgrade. And Simmons' three point shooting makes Pippen look like Steve Kerr.

light
05-31-2020, 03:38 PM
Pippen shoots better then Simmons...SIMMONS attacks the rim better...that cancels each other out. The answer is NO.

Replacing Ben Simmons with a top 25 all-time great is going to make an enormous difference.

Im so nba'd out
05-31-2020, 05:20 PM
100% yes.

Simmons doesn't fit on the 76ers at all.

Ben Simmons was dominant in January when embiid was hurt and the team had a month to learn how to play without him.

you're trippin

BigShotBob
05-31-2020, 05:30 PM
No because Pippen will sit out when Saric takes the last shot

fourkicks44
05-31-2020, 06:44 PM
No because Pippen will sit out when Saric takes the last shot

:applause::applause::applause:

lucky001
05-31-2020, 08:32 PM
Do a google image search for 'Simmons left wide open' for the best example of social distancing. He's looking like he has ebola out there.

Pip isn't a great shooter but he's Steph next to Ben. That, and roughly equivalent playmaking and driving, makes him a much better fit. Factoring in his D and they're probably championship favorites.

r0drig0lac
05-31-2020, 09:38 PM
Pippen is a better player than Ben Simmons, so probably yes

Sarcastic
05-31-2020, 11:41 PM
Despite Simmons not being able to shoot, he's still way ahead of Pippen in efficiency. Simmons is also a better rebounder and passer.