PDA

View Full Version : Prime Michael Jordan would need to improve his 3 points shooting in today's nba

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 07:40 PM
All of the elite shooting guards and small forwards are good 3 points shooters. And he won't be averaging 26.4 Field goal attempts per game. Nba might have eliminated hand checking, but the zone defense still capable of shutting down perimeter players with questionable outside shooting.

The Iron Fist
05-21-2020, 08:06 PM
Still won’t erase six finals losses.

3ball
05-21-2020, 08:17 PM
All of the elite shooting guards and small forwards are good 3 points shooters. And he won't be averaging 26.4 Field goal attempts per game.

Nba might have eliminated hand checking, but the zone defense still capable of shutting down perimeter players with questionable outside shooting.

No because the open paint allowed Westbrick to get 30-point triple-double average

MJ could score 30 on the open paint without taking a single three

But MJ already won a title while shooting at today's standard - he shot 39% in the 93' Playoffs on 4 attempts..

And MJ always shot well at high volume - show me where he shot less than 35% when taking more than 1.5 attempts per game...

He took less than 1.5 attempts every year except 90/93 when he took 3 attempts at 35 and 38%... and 35.2% on 2.1 attempts in 85-93 playoffs... And he shot 40% from 85-93' in RS games where he took 4+ attempts..

he'd get going every night taking 10 attempts - MJ always made 4 shots when he took 10 of something, on a bad day.. his percentage would also rise because his threes would be the objective in today's game, not random bailouts - most threes MJ took were bailouts and he was a 12 minute video of just bailout threes

MrFonzworth
05-21-2020, 08:19 PM
Jordan had a weird mental block when it came to 3pt shooting, he wouldn't be able to adapt at all. He needed some of the greatest 3pt shooters around him to be successful.

3ball
05-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Jordan had a weird mental block when it came to 3pt shooting, he wouldn't be able to adapt at all. He needed some of the greatest 3pt shooters around him to be successful.

MJ already won a title while shooting at today's standard - he shot 39% in the 93' Playoffs on 4 attempts..

And MJ always shot well at high volume - show me where he shot less than 35% when taking more than 1.5 attempts per game...

He took less than 1.5 attempts every year except 90/93 when he took 3 attempts at 35 and 38%... and 35.2% on 2.1 attempts in 85-93 playoffs... And he shot 40% from 85-93' in RS games where he took 4+ attempts..

he'd get going every night taking 10 attempts - MJ always made 4 shots when he took 10 of something, on a bad day.. his percentage would also rise because his threes would be the objective in today's game, not random bailouts - most threes MJ took were bailouts and he was a 12 minute video of just bailout threes

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 08:21 PM
Only scored 5 points in a 3 points shooting contest.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 08:22 PM

I agree, Larry Bird on the other hand would feast in today's league.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 08:23 PM
Only scored 5 points in a 3 points shooting contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjukb2NttM

PeroAntic
05-21-2020, 08:31 PM
Bran stans avoiding 3ball's (surprisingly coherent) post like the plague:lol

StrongLurk
05-21-2020, 08:34 PM
Kobe and Lebron seem to be doing fine as below average 3 point shooters.

FKAri
05-21-2020, 08:38 PM
Hey come one now. I've been told that MJ, the guy who's fiercely competitive about every little thing, was taking the televised competition vs his teammate lightly.

IllegalD
05-21-2020, 08:39 PM
All of the elite shooting guards and small forwards are good 3 points shooters. And he won't be averaging 26.4 Field goal attempts per game. Nba might have eliminated hand checking, but the zone defense still capable of shutting down perimeter players with questionable outside shooting.

Yet another meltdown thread by insecure pinoy bitchboy. That Last Dance documentary has really done a number on your head.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 08:41 PM

He shot under 30% from three (regular line) throughout his entire career, don't need small sample sizes to change my mind.

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Yet another meltdown thread by insecure pinoy bitchboy. That Last Dance documentary has really done a number on your head.

I ordered a basket of shrimps from you. And you need to deliver it to my address before sunday.

IllegalD
05-21-2020, 08:52 PM
I ordered a basket of shrimps from you. And you need to deliver it to my address before sunday.

Hilarious coming from the dude who self admitted dropping out of college to shell shrimp out of a bicycle to college students.

Can't wait til I travel to the Philippines as a sex-tourist to f*ck your whore sister, Louie.

j3lademaster
05-21-2020, 08:55 PM
You don’t need a 3 pt shot to dominate. As a matter of fact, the midrange has become an underrated shot. What Durant, Kawhi, Steph,and Klay have in common is they are elite from 10-19 feet. Harden isn’t and Lebron is the exception.

Also lanes are wide open. Gobert just set the record for most dunks in a season. Previously it was Dwight Howard with 269... wizard’s Dwight Howard. How many dunks is Orlando Dwight getting these days, 300? You think the goat slasher with the elite 10-19 foot game is gonna have issues scoring?

StrongLurk
05-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Also, MJ is the greatest BASKETBALL athlete of all time. No one had better athleticism suited for basketball. He would be the best in any era.

Roundball_Rock
05-21-2020, 09:23 PM

Speaking of 3ball and the OP, why is a MJ stan named "3ball" in the first place? :lol

HoopsNY
05-21-2020, 10:27 PM
I've mentioned this in a previous thread and I'll mention it here. Jordan wasn't a great three point shooter and he wouldn't be in this era, either. Having said that, given his numbers on higher volume, and relaxed perimeter defensive rules/emphasis on the 3 pt shot today, it's reasonable to think Jordan would shoot 35-36% from deep in today's style of play.

3ball
05-21-2020, 10:52 PM

Thank you I appreciate that.. MJ would be shooting threes with his eyes closed in today's game.. the most practice, volume and efficiency on threes just like he had with twos in the 2-pointer era

j3lademaster
05-21-2020, 10:58 PM
Thank you I appreciate that.. MJ would be shooting threes with his eyes closed in today's game.. the most practice, volume and efficiency on threes just like he had with twos in the 2-pointer eraWhy settle for 3's when Wizard's Dwight can dunk 269 times in a season. MJ would get 200+ dunks as a wing player. jelly layups all day.

Marchesk
05-21-2020, 11:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4hVdzbNQI

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 11:04 PM
Why settle for 3's when Wizard's Dwight can dunk 269 times in a season. MJ would get 200+ dunks as a wing player. jelly layups all day.

Dwight Howard played 9 games for the Wizards. Nice job exposing yourself. Dwight got 269 dunks in Orlando over a decade ago.

j3lademaster
05-21-2020, 11:08 PM
Dwight Howard played 9 games for the Wizards. Nice job exposing yourself. Dwight got 269 dunks in Orlando over a decade ago.You're right, it was a stat tracked during Dwight's wizard's season I apologize. Point is dunk records are being broken like passing td records in the past decade and a half.

3ball
05-21-2020, 11:09 PM
Why settle for 3's when Wizard's Dwight can dunk 269 times in a season. MJ would get 200+ dunks as a wing player. jelly layups all day.

I agree with this

If mj got 37 on all twos back then, he should do it even easier WITH spacing today lol (as opposed to without back then)

We see Westbrick average 30-point triple-doubles with the worst jumper ever and he can't dunk from the FT line like Mike.. so MJ would be a 6'6" Westbrook with far better efficiency

(MJ had goat volume and efficiency per possession among wings - 36% usage and 118 ortg in playoffs.. that's why only MJ could win with those bulls - with Pippen maxed out at 21/7/7 in the 92 Playoffs, MJ had to take 26 fga at 50%.. only MJ has ever shot that kind of volume efficiently.. all his rings are like this)

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 11:12 PM
You're right, it was a stat tracked during Dwight's wizard's season I apologize. Point is dunk records are being broken like passing td records in the past decade and a half.

There was no tracking of dunks before 2001, dunk records are not being broke left and right, it took 11 years for Dwight's record to be broken and we have no data tracking 80's or 90's dunks.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 11:16 PM
I agree with this

If mj got 37 on all twos back then, he should do it even easier WITH spacing today lol (as opposed to without back then)

We see Westbrick average 30-point triple-doubles with the worst jumper ever and he can't dunk from the FT line like Mike.. so MJ would be a 6'6" Westbrook with far better efficiency (MJ had goat volume and efficiency per possession among wings - 36% usage and 118 ortg in playoffs)

He got 37 dunks cause he was an old ass man by that point, he could of developed a 3 point shot since his driving ability by that point wasn't the same, but nope...shot 24% from 3 with the Wizards. :oldlol:

HoopsNY
05-21-2020, 11:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I4hVdzbNQI

This pretty much asserts what I was saying in previous posts. One thing that is important to mention is that despite the fact that he could average 40 ppg in today's era, it doesn't mean that he would choose to. Working within a system means you take what the defense gives you, organize your play accordingly, and act. If he did average 40 ppg in today's era, I'm not sure it would translate to a championship. How many times did high scorers win a championship scoring 35 ppg+?

3ball
05-21-2020, 11:22 PM
There was no tracking of dunks before 2001, dunk records are not being broke left and right, it took 11 years for Dwight's record to be broken and we have no data tracking 80's or 90's dunks.

The Philly 76'er media guides in the 90's had the dunk totals - I did a thread on it here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?352399-Dunking-Data-For-1988-1993-MJ-is-the-Goat-In-Game-Dunker-for-Wing-Players

1987_Lakers
05-21-2020, 11:35 PM
The Philly 76'er media guides in the 90's had the dunk totals - I did a thread on it here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?352399-Dunking-Data-For-1988-1993-MJ-is-the-Goat-In-Game-Dunker-for-Wing-Players

Good find, but according to those numbers, total dunks stayed around the same from '92-'14.

I find it funny that there was more dunks in the slower/defensive era in the mid-late 90's compared to the fast paced late 80's when there was more scoring. That to me tells me that the athletes just got better. Look at the mid 80's Celtics, one of the greatest teams ever, neither DJ or Ainge ever dunked for them, Bird didn't dunk much either. Dumars-Isiah also didn't dunk.

Rico2016
05-21-2020, 11:39 PM
There's a thread outlining MJ's shooting woes. By essentially removing his WNBA 3-point distance years he shot around 28% from 3 (for 12 years on over 1,000 shots). I can find it, one sec.

3ball
05-21-2020, 11:46 PM
There's a thread outlining MJ's shooting woes. By essentially removing his WNBA 3-point distance years he shot around 28% from 3 (for 12 years on over 1,000 shots). I can find it, one sec.

MJ shot threes better than lebron in the playoffs from the regular line (if you take out the shortened line years)... This was true the last time I looked at the numbers in 2016 and might still be true (although the record league ortg since 2017 has increased lebron's efficiency recently)

Rico2016
05-21-2020, 11:49 PM
MJ shot threes better than lebron in the playoffs from the regular line (if you take out the shortened line years)... This was true the last time I looked at the numbers in 2016 and might still be true (although the record league ortg since 2017 has increased lebron's efficiency recently)

If you remove his WNBA 3-pt shooting years (95, 96, 97) his career, which is 1,000 attempts, equates to being a pedestrian .283% 3 point shooter. Yikes. Would his dinosauresque skill set mesh in the modern era?

Lebron23
05-21-2020, 11:57 PM
If you remove his WNBA 3-pt shooting years (95, 96, 97) his career, which is 1,000 attempts, equates to being a pedestrian .283% 3 point shooter. Yikes. Would his dinosauresque skill set mesh in the modern era?

Yikes. I am not even kidding that's Demar Derozan 3 points shooting percentages.

Rico2016
05-22-2020, 12:07 AM
Yikes. I am not even kidding that's Demar Derozan 3 points shooting percentages.

It's pretty sad to be honest. 1,000 attempts under lax, regular season pressure, with pitiful perimeter defense and he is hitting 1 in 4? (28%). Terribad.

3ball
05-22-2020, 02:12 AM
If you remove his WNBA 3-pt shooting years (95, 96, 97) his career, which is 1,000 attempts, equates to being a pedestrian .283% 3 point shooter. Yikes.

^^^ only on low volume, bailouts

show me where he shot less than 35% when taking more than 1.5 attempts per game...

Soundwave
05-22-2020, 03:02 AM
Even if you took him straight out of his prime and changed nothing, he would still average 35+ ppg on 50%+ shooting and win the MVP trophy. So why even bother. Would you tell Shaq and Kareem they have to shoot 3s now too because Emiid is a soft cupcake who camps out by the 3 point line? It's easier to score now, 110 ppg ... teams gift away points like free Halloween candy and barely play any defence.

Here's a pro-tip for people, any dominant player in the modern era (and lets define that as anyone from post-ABA merger who was a dominant player) would be a dominant player in this era too.

There's nothing that f*cking magical or special about this era, Steph Curry and James Harden don't poop twinkly fairy dust.

Players like Jordan, Shaq, prime Kareem, Magic, Bird would have no problem being dominant players in this era.

There's nothing in his shot mechanics that suggest he couldn't be a good 3 point shooter if he wanted to work on it either. Kobe Bryant has basically the same exact shot release because he copied Jordan's shooting form. Jordan has better lift and rotation on his J than Kawhi does, if he wanted to emphasize that aspect of his game it wouldn't be that hard.

"Hard" is going from an average/above average defender to DPOY. That takes a sh*t-ton of work and effort. Going from a great mid-range shooter to a great 3 point shooter ... not so much. If you have good shot mechanics and strength it's not a big deal to improve it, you put up some extra shots from there every workout and they will start to fall. It's not much more complicated than that. Just a matter of repetition.

1987_Lakers
05-22-2020, 03:23 AM
^^^ only on low volume, bailouts

show me where he shot less than 35% when taking more than 1.5 attempts per game...

'85 postseason - 13% on 2 attempts
'89 postseason - 29% on 2.1 attempts
'90 postseason - 32% on 3.1 attempts
'97 postseason - 19% on 3.5 attempts (WNBA line)
'98 postseason - 30% on 3 attempts

"He would probably be the best 3 point shooter in the league today" - 3ball :oldlol:

Roundball_Rock
05-22-2020, 08:39 AM
'85 postseason - 13% on 2 attempts
'89 postseason - 29% on 2.1 attempts
'90 postseason - 32% on 3.1 attempts
'97 postseason - 19% on 3.5 attempts (WNBA line)
'98 postseason - 30% on 3 attempts

"He would probably be the best 3 point shooter in the league today" - 3ball :oldlol:

:lol

Jordan would shoot like Curry and score like Wilt if he played today. :bowdown:

1987_Lakers
05-22-2020, 07:28 PM

Jordan would shoot like Curry and score like Wilt if he played today. :bowdown:

Uncle Drew
05-22-2020, 07:57 PM
He'd be a rich man's Tony Allen in todays game, unplayable on offense.

OrlandoMagicGuy
05-22-2020, 08:00 PM
Does Hakeem need to develop a 3-point shot to average 35 in today's NBA?

Turbo Slayer
05-22-2020, 08:01 PM
He'd be a rich man's Tony Allen in todays game, unplayable on offense.

Giannis is averaging 2 threes per game in his career while MJ averaged 1.8 threes per game during his time with the Bulls.

Despite Giannis not taking any threes he is STILL the favorite for MVP. Why is Giannis MVP if he doesnt take any threes?

If Giannis can do that on a good team then it would make sense that Jordan can replicate it too. And LOL at calling Jordan "unplayable" on offense. He is literally the greatest scorer of alltime, dim wit.

Uncle Drew
05-22-2020, 08:03 PM
Giannis is averaging 2 threes per game while MJ averaged 1.8 threes per game during his time with the Bulls.

Despite Giannis not taking any threes he is STILL the favorite for MVP. Why is Giannis MVP if he doesnt take any threes?

If Giannis can do that on a good team then it would make sense that Jordan can replicate it too.
Giannis does his thing against the best athletes in the world. Jordan's opposition were fixing cars and bagging groceries hours before a game. Not even a comparison in the slightest, get lost.

Turbo Slayer
05-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Giannis does his thing against the best athletes in the world. Jordan's opposition were fixing cars and bagging groceries hours before a game. Not even a comparison in the slightest, get lost. Last time I checked, wasn't Giannis first job was to be a vendor or some shit?

That speaks volumes about this era if a vendor (Giannis) was able to win MVP in this era. Now stfu troll.

Also you are not answering my question below:

You simply deflecting and doing straw mans and bullsh!t.

Bronbron23
05-22-2020, 10:00 PM
He shot under 30% from three (regular line) throughout his entire career, don't need small sample sizes to change my mind.

not in the playoffa and finals he didn't. He actually shot better than bron from the regular line.

Soundwave
05-22-2020, 10:15 PM
Giannis does his thing against the best athletes in the world. Jordan's opposition were fixing cars and bagging groceries hours before a game. Not even a comparison in the slightest, get lost.

Grandpa Jordan in 01-02 on the terrible Wizards was averaging 25/6/5 and actually improving from that as the season went along while turning the horrid Wizards (2nd worst team in the league the year prior) into a team with a winning record before a miniscus tear in the knee KO-ed that season, but that just goes to show this POV is more bull sh*t than a clogged toilet.

A 38/39 year old man coming off a summer with little training (because of broken ribs) being able to score that season on par with young Kobe, Vince Carter, McGrady on good knees ... what are you gonna claim these are not athletes? Doncic and Harden are?

Get that sh*t outta here.

theman93
05-22-2020, 10:29 PM

We saw his 3 point shot come to fruition beginning in 1990. From 1985-1989 he shot just 20% from 3. From 1990-1993 and 1998 he shot 33% from 3.

He may not be taking 26.4 FGA/G in today's era, but he would be taking a lot more than 2 3PA/G. Couple the increased emphasis on today's 3 point shooting with how he developed his 3 point shot (13% increase) - even with the hand checking - and he would be just as dominant in today's 3 point centric NBA.

Playoffs is where it really matters though. Obviously you're a Lebron fan boy so you would agree Lebron has thrived in today's era. Did you know Lebron and Jordan both shoot the same career 3P% in the playoffs? But what happens when you take away the shortened 3 point line from 95-97? As it turns out, Jordan actually shoots a better 3P% in the playoffs. MJ would thrive.

andgar923
05-22-2020, 10:34 PM

Feel sorry for your life.

Roundball_Rock
05-22-2020, 10:57 PM
Jordan took 287 three's in 10 playoff runs with the real 3 point line. These "good" percentage years (starting from 90') they are talking about are 16 for 50, 10 for 26, 17 for 44, 28 for 72, 13 for 43. So 235 attempts, of which he made 35.7%.

LeBron has taken 1,116 threes in the playoffs in his career (221 in his last two runs). You can't compare volume shooting to cherry picked shots. If you disagree, than Kerr is the GOAT shooter if volume doesn't matter.

AirBonner
05-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Jordan took 287 three's in 10 playoff runs with the real 3 point line. These "good" percentage years (starting from 90') they are talking about are 16 for 50, 10 for 26, 17 for 44, 28 for 72, 13 for 43.

LeBron has taken 1,116 threes in the playoffs in his career. You can't compare volume shooting to cherry picked shots.

This and they think it’s fair to extrapolate this cherry picked stat as if he could continue these percentages lol

Roundball_Rock
05-22-2020, 11:21 PM
This and they think it’s fair to extrapolate this cherry picked stat as if he could continue these percentages lol

Yeah that is an absurdity. :lol

theman93
05-23-2020, 12:47 AM
It's not a cherry picked stat. The statement is MJ would need to improve his 3 point shooting. Well he already proved he could in an era that de-emphasized 3 pointers where defenders could hand check you. The GOAT would actually be a better 3 point shooter in today's era that emphasizes 3 pointers where defenders cannot hand check you.

dreamwarrior
05-23-2020, 02:58 AM
Why would he? Kobe didn't need to be a good 3pt shooter despite taking 1000 3's a day in practice. Despite all that practice he ended up shooting only .2 3P% better than Jordan over their careers.

Shooter
05-11-2021, 09:34 PM
Lowest scoring 3 point contestant in the history of the National Basketball Association

https://i.postimg.cc/9fXJCztC/Jordan_Can_t_Shoot._1990_3pt_contest.png

Spurs m8
05-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Imagine thinking he wouldn't adapt to the modern 3 jacking game.
You can't be this dumb hahahhaah

The fact bron stans need to start and bump Jordan threads daily just goes to show even they know he is the GOAT.
They trying to manufacture the bron goat narrative...real people don't buy it

Shooter
05-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Imagine thinking he wouldn't adapt to the modern 3 jacking game.
You can't be this dumb hahahhaah

The fact bron stans need to start and bump Jordan threads daily just goes to show even they know he is the GOAT.
They trying to manufacture the bron goat narrative...real people don't buy it

We just want you to face reality. MJ was overhyped. He is a good player overall and I'd probably put him on my top 5 list.

But there's a new sheriff in town, and LeBron is GOAT

Johnny32
05-11-2021, 09:41 PM
DeMichael DerJordan.

2much_knowledge
05-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Agreed. However. Jordan is a psycho and theres no reason why he would neglect working on his 3s if he saw his peers dominating.

HoopsNY
05-11-2021, 10:03 PM
This concept that MJ wouldn't adapt is absurd because it ignores that these are NBA stars who can and will adapt to circumstances given any situation more often than not.

NBA history has proven that players evolve. All one has to do is look at the league from the inception in 1979-80 and what they shot (28%) to what it then became. By the end of 1993, teams were shooting, on average, 34%.

Jordan started his career a 20% three point shooter within his first five seasons. From 1990-93, Jordan shot 34%. Was that not an evolutionary process? Did he not adapt then? Or are some people just bad at math?

Here are some other names:

Bird's first 5 seasons: 31%
Bird's final 7 seasons: 40%

Magic's first 9 seasons: 19%
Magic's final 4 seasons: 35%

Mullin's first 6 seasons: 32%
Mullin's final 10 seasons: 41%

Stockton's first 5 seasons: 26%
Stockton's final 14 seasons: 40%

Even when we look at current players, they too go through a similar evolution. I mean, Rajon Rondo's first 9 seasons, he shot 26% from three. In his last six seasons, he's shot 36% from the distance. Joel Embiid shot the three at a 32% clip in his first 4 seasons. This season? He's shooting 38%.

Are people really going to argue that guys like Rondo and Embiid are better shooters and have more ability at adapting than MJ?

This isn't to say that MJ would be shooting 40% from the distance in today's game. He wouldn't. But a consistent, say, 36%? How is that outlandish?

kawhileonard2
05-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Lowest scoring 3 point contestant in the history of the National Basketball Association

Imagine not being a coward.

2much_knowledge
05-11-2021, 10:37 PM
This concept that MJ wouldn't adapt is absurd because it ignores that these are NBA stars who can and will adapt to circumstances given any situation more often than not.

NBA history has proven that players evolve. All one has to do is look at the league from the inception in 1979-80 and what they shot (28%) to what it then became. By the end of 1993, teams were shooting, on average, 34%.

Jordan started his career a 20% three point shooter within his first five seasons. From 1990-93, Jordan shot 34%. Was that not an evolutionary process? Did he not adapt then? Or are some people just bad at math?

Here are some other names:

Bird's first 5 seasons: 31%
Bird's final 7 seasons: 40%

Magic's first 9 seasons: 19%
Magic's final 4 seasons: 35%

Mullin's first 6 seasons: 32%
Mullin's final 10 seasons: 41%

Stockton's first 5 seasons: 26%
Stockton's final 14 seasons: 40%

Even when we look at current players, they too go through a similar evolution. I mean, Rajon Rondo's first 9 seasons, he shot 26% from three. In his last six seasons, he's shot 36% from the distance. Joel Embiid shot the three at a 32% clip in his first 4 seasons. This season? He's shooting 38%.

Are people really going to argue that guys like Rondo and Embiid are better shooters and have more ability at adapting than MJ?

This isn't to say that MJ would be shooting 40% from the distance in today's game. He wouldn't. But a consistent, say, 36%? How is that outlandish?

Its called grasping at straws

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2021, 10:40 PM
He would easily be a good 3pt shooter and even if he was bad which there's 0 chance of look what Jimmy did the last 2 seasons (in Philly and Miami) with no 3-pt shot and how he still dominated in the playoffs. And Jimmy does absolutely nothing close to MJ on either end and he's mainly a slasher that draws fouls.

2much_knowledge
05-11-2021, 10:41 PM
Grandpa Jordan in 01-02 on the terrible Wizards was averaging 25/6/5 and actually improving from that as the season went along while turning the horrid Wizards (2nd worst team in the league the year prior) into a team with a winning record before a miniscus tear in the knee KO-ed that season, but that just goes to show this POV is more bull sh*t than a clogged toilet.

A 38/39 year old man coming off a summer with little training (because of broken ribs) being able to score that season on par with young Kobe, Vince Carter, McGrady on good knees ... what are you gonna claim these are not athletes? Doncic and Harden are?

Get that sh*t outta here.

God damn , this is one of the most epic ownage I've seen here. Destroyed

Lebron23
08-22-2022, 04:37 PM

LMAO. Why did he joined the 3 points shooting contest?

light
08-22-2022, 07:12 PM
...to say the least.

But he could've become a better three point shooter. Anybody can. But certainly while he was playing he didn't display any faith in his three point shoot. Also, he looked awkward shooting threes. His stroke was a little janky, his shot was really flat, and you could tell that he was uncomfortable shooting threes.

It's just one of those things that's going to dog his legacy for the rest of his days because threes are so important today and only becoming more and more important and he wasn't good at it.

AirBonner
08-22-2022, 08:05 PM
MJ would simply be a 45% 3pt shooter in the modern league.in Ordan Stan’s eyes he would be better than curry if he adapted

HylianNightmare
08-22-2022, 08:58 PM
Water Is wet

3ba11
08-22-2022, 09:39 PM
Water Is wet

No because when have we ever cared about a player's 3-point efficiency when they're taking 1.5 attempts or 0.8 attempts?

So most of Jordan's efficiency is irrelevant - he didn't shoot threes and only took end-of-shot clock threes when he was forced to (bailouts)

Curry would shoot poorly too if he only took 1 bailout three per game.

But whenever MJ had meaningful volume, he shot well and at today's standard.

He shot 36% on 3 attempts for the 90' and 93' regular season.. or 39% on 4 attempts for the 93' Playoffs... or 43% on 5 attempts in the 92' Finals

So he's already won titles by shooting at today's standard (92' and 93').. Kawhi won the 19' title by shooting 34% on 5 attempts, so Jordan already beat that in the 93' Playoffs.. If he played in an era that actually gave a crap about threes, he would shoot that volume and shoot well all the time

TheGoatest
08-23-2022, 03:07 AM

:oldlol: Never gets old.

There's also this little gem to throw on top of the Mount Everest of evidence:

https://images4.imagebam.com/72/4c/15/MECDHLU_o.png

"No weaknesses" doe...

https://images4.imagebam.com/01/34/28/MECDHMF_o.gif

Spurs m8
08-23-2022, 05:23 AM
How desperate are bronies?lol

AirBonner
08-23-2022, 12:38 PM