PDA

View Full Version : An unprecedented 25% of Americans are unemployed

dreamshake
05-22-2020, 04:05 PM
Of the 155 million population of Americans in the work force, over 38 million are now unemployed. Unprecedented unemployment percentage in history.

But the stock market keeps going up though. When those earnings come in Q2 and they're way off, shits gonna hit the fan soon folks.

People think it's gonna be a smooth recovery, but they don't realize corporations aren't gonna hire these folks back with all the money and demand that's been lost.

The government is also taking it's damn time with these stimulus checks and unemployment checks which only adds fuel to the fire. Every day people are getting angrier, more frustrated and losing hope. So this is what a great depression feels like.

We're all ****ed basically. Just thought you should know.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2020, 04:08 PM
So what. The average dummy doesnt know a THING about how economics works, and they dont particularly care to learn, either.

So just do whatever is in your own interest. Whether it’s buying low, or stocking up on dried food and ammo.

Dont worry about saving the plebs. There’s no point. They cant think their way out of a wet paper bag. Theyre useless and youll never see any kind of reward for helping them because they cant he helped.

**** em.

dreamshake
05-23-2020, 03:18 PM
I guess no one cares.

Cleverness
05-23-2020, 03:49 PM
I guess no one cares.

Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care

DoctorP
05-23-2020, 03:52 PM
there are no jobs to go to, of course its up. get those govt checks

dreamshake
05-23-2020, 03:56 PM
Tupac cares, if don't nobody else care

:lol

dreamshake
05-24-2020, 11:53 AM
there are no jobs to go to, of course its up. get those govt checks

There's only been one stimulus check. Me thinks Uncle Sam is getting a bit stingy.

Lakers Legend#32
05-24-2020, 05:21 PM
Trump Built That.

Lakers Legend#32
05-24-2020, 05:22 PM
There's only been one stimulus check. Me thinks Uncle Sam is getting a bit stingy.

Thank Trump and the Republican Senate.

tpols
05-24-2020, 05:23 PM
Cure far worse than the disease.

We told you before it all started.

fsvr54
05-24-2020, 05:37 PM
I'm one of them. Not sure what I'll do... my family might start a business next year, who knows. I'm not going back to my restaurant job, need more outta life.

FKAri
05-24-2020, 06:11 PM
Lazy ****s should've learned to code.

AlternativeAcc.
05-24-2020, 06:22 PM
I'm one of them. Not sure what I'll do... my family might start a business next year, who knows. I'm not going back to my restaurant job, need more outta life.

Creating and running a profitable business will take up pretty much all of your free time in the short-medium term and stress levels will be sky high.

You need to become a coder and/or data scientist. Its safer and will allow you to have a social life.

AlternativeAcc.
05-24-2020, 06:44 PM
as a small business owner with zero social life (even pre-covid), i agree. day and night i am answering e-mails, thinking about the business. i wake up and go to sleep thinking about my business.

can also confirm my stress levels are at an all time high.

hoping it may pay off in the long term...but for now, it's pretty much consumed all of my time and resources.

Whats the business and how many employees do u have?

You hear this story a lot though. You're basically a super employee until you're able to scale the business

fsvr54
05-24-2020, 07:34 PM
Creating and running a profitable business will take up pretty much all of your free time in the short-medium term and stress levels will be sky high.

You need to become a coder and/or data scientist. Its safer and will allow you to have a social life.

I don't know, going back to school at almost 30 is not something I'd want to do, I could barely stay focused ten years ago, wasn't for me. We'll see what happens.
I did manage to get my movie website up and running though, needs work still, but I'm proud of myself.

dreamshake
05-27-2020, 05:12 PM
We’re about to hit 40 million unemployed Americans tomorrow.

~primetime~
05-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Apparently roughly 2/3rds of those who are recently unemployed are now making MORE than they did while employed

which lasts all the way through July

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Over 40 million Americans are now unemployed. And that count does not include the people who were gig workers and undocumented immigrants.

Let's all pretend they'll all get their jobs back in June. Sike.

BigKobeFan
05-28-2020, 03:43 PM
That doesn't mean anything. People are refusing to work because of the extra $600 from california government

I know 3 companies with workers who said the workers are going to work, but they want to remain off payroll to collect unemployment because its more than their salary. For the boss, that would be in their benefit.

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 03:46 PM
I don't care if it's people refusing to work, if it's Paul's who's got coronavirus so they can't work, or if they scared of white people, unemployment is unemployment. 40 million unemployed. That's never been seen before in America. Worse than the great depression level of unemployment. Let's shoot for 50 million!

BigKobeFan
05-28-2020, 03:48 PM
I don't care if it's people refusing to work, if it's Paul's who's got coronavirus so they can't work, or if they scared of white people, unemployment is unemployment. 40 million unemployed. That's never been seen before in America. Worse than the great depression level of unemployment. Let's shoot for 50 million!

that is why you do not know economics. This is a man made recession. Not caused by the laws of economics.

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 03:52 PM
that is why you do not know economics. This is a man made recession. Not caused by the laws of economics.

Keep living in your fairy tale world where 40 million people will magically all get their jobs back this year. There's a reason recessions take years to recover. It takes years to hire everyone.

Draz
05-28-2020, 04:09 PM
The biggest issue with this is the trickle-down it has on people depending on them working and providing income and their own personal mental health.

The more people renting not paying rent > The fewer mortgages being paid > More foreclosures > Economy tumbles further down

Furthermore, everyone I know who is unemployed from my clients to friends, etc. are perfectly fine collecting unemployment. The longer they get accustomed to this the more they would rather not work. It becomes a trend - and while those populating the jobs that are not being filled the more those people remain unemployed living off of welfare.

rawimpact
05-28-2020, 04:12 PM
The biggest issue with this is the trickle-down it has on people depending on them working and providing income and their own personal mental health.

The more people renting not paying rent > The fewer mortgages being paid > More foreclosures > Economy tumbles further down

Furthermore, everyone I know who is unemployed from my clients to friends, etc. are perfectly fine collecting unemployment. The longer they get accustomed to this the more they would rather not work. It becomes a trend - and while those populating the jobs that are not being filled the more those people remain unemployed living off of welfare.

Unemployment isn't a benefit that's paid out indefinitely... sure it has been extended in wake of the situation but there's a limit.

If all your friends and clients are fine collecting unemployment, especially if they're able to work it says a lot about them.

bladefd
05-28-2020, 05:07 PM
That doesn't mean anything. People are refusing to work because of the extra $600 from california government

I know 3 companies with workers who said the workers are going to work, but they want to remain off payroll to collect unemployment because its more than their salary. For the boss, that would be in their benefit.

That's illegal. It needs to be looked into, and the extra $600 needs to stop right now...

Draz
05-28-2020, 05:12 PM
I had a good friend, a former co-worker who called me the other day. She was offered a position doing what I'm doing for a different organization. I walked her through what the job was like and everything. She's currently unemployed. The first thing she said before AND after I told her about the opportunity and why she should take it, she said 'Because unemployment paying REAL good right now'.

I know she's a lazy **** but this solidified where she stands on the pyramid.

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 05:14 PM
I had a good friend, a former co-worker who called me the other day. She was offered a position doing what I'm doing for a different organization. I walked her through what the job was like and everything. She's currently unemployed. The first thing she said before AND after I told her about the opportunity and why she should take it, she said 'Because unemployment paying REAL good right now'.

I know she's a lazy **** but this solidified where she stands on the pyramid.

You had a good friend? What is she now an enemy?

Draz
05-28-2020, 05:18 PM
You had a good friend? What is she now an enemy?

Definitely not, but I can never respect her ever again. Chances are, she didn't accept the job. She lives in NYCHA as a Case Manager and stressed every penny. She was the one in our group that couldn't go out to eat for lunch because she was broke but spent $700 on a weave and an LV bag. Bad decision-maker, even worst financially. She'd always comment I was a royal prince because I had more money than her and make smart remarks about everyone else's financial decision. She was slowly being isolated because she was not meant to be put in a position to guide others to do better when she wasn't in any position making smarter decisions herself.

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 05:22 PM
Definitely not, but I can never respect her ever again. Chances are, she didn't accept the job. She lives in NYCHA as a Case Manager and stressed every penny. She was the one in our group that couldn't go out to eat for lunch because she was broke but spent $700 on a weave and an LV bag. Bad decision-maker, even worst financially. She'd always comment I was a royal prince because I had more money than her and make smart remarks about everyone else's financial decision. She was slowly being isolated because she was not meant to be put in a position to guide others to do better when she wasn't in any position making smarter decisions herself.

Maybe you should try putting yourself in her shoes. How a girl supposed to get some D without a weave and that Louie?

And just like the NBA, look out for yourself first. Companies can get rid of you any time for pennies. If she can collect that unemployment, more power to her. That’s why we pay taxes right? It’s like insurance. Why pay taxes if were never gonna get that money back.

dreamshake
06-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Public service announcement in case any one forgot.

Nanners
06-03-2020, 11:16 AM
Just to be clear, this great depression level of unemployment has nothing to do with the supposedly race based riots/looting that are currently taking place... and dont even attempt to look behind the curtain, citizen

dreamshake
06-04-2020, 11:15 AM
Nearly 43 million unemployed now, yet no one seems to care.

NugzFan
06-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Nearly 43 million unemployed now, yet no one seems to care.

why do you say no one cares?

sd3035
06-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Of the 155 million population of Americans in the work force, over 38 million are now unemployed. Unprecedented unemployment percentage in history.

But the stock market keeps going up though. When those earnings come in Q2 and they're way off, shits gonna hit the fan soon folks.

People think it's gonna be a smooth recovery, but they don't realize corporations aren't gonna hire these folks back with all the money and demand that's been lost.

The government is also taking it's damn time with these stimulus checks and unemployment checks which only adds fuel to the fire. Every day people are getting angrier, more frustrated and losing hope. So this is what a great depression feels like.

We're all ****ed basically. Just thought you should know.

Maybe you're fuсked, but I'm not. I've actually done very well these last couple of months

Not all business is done face to face

senelcoolidge
06-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Trump is President, so I'm confident things will bounce back. Even with blue states trying their hardest to collapse the economy. Most of the jobs that were lost are still there you just have to open up everything.

dreamshake
06-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Trump is President, so I'm confident things will bounce back. Even with blue states trying their hardest to collapse the economy. Most of the jobs that were lost are still there you just have to open up everything.

Nope. You gotta be a fool to think most jobs will return immediately. It’s gonna take years just like it has in the past.

dreamshake
06-04-2020, 04:15 PM
why do you say no one cares?

The stock market keeps going up and up like this is gonna be fixed in six months. It’s not.

NugzFan
06-04-2020, 04:43 PM
The stock market keeps going up and up like this is gonna be fixed in six months. It’s not.

so when you say "no one" cares you just mean "some people dont care"?

BigKobeFan
06-04-2020, 04:59 PM

Most of these numbers are faked.

Uber drivers claiming unemployment. I know a whole office where the employees are getting unemployment and wants to remain on it since it pays more than going back to work. They made a deal with the boss to work for free or under the table to collect the unemployment. When the free $600 is over, everyone will return.

I know this guy who owns a yogurt shop with his 2 brothers. The County opened up already, but he doesn't want to go back to reopening the shop because he gets more in unemployment. The staff that he canned, who was making minimum wage, is collecting unemployment because it pays more.

The only real bar to opening are the restaurants since the government stopped people from going in. If the government fully opened up, the restaurants will reemploy people and no more benefits to them. The number on unemployment will drop drastically. Same when the government stops giving out free extra money. As long as the free money is less than minimum wage, the numbers will drop.