PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Ewing is in the hospital with coronavirus

insidehoops
05-22-2020, 07:02 PM
Knicks legend and current Georgetown head coach Patrick Ewing is isolation in a hospital after testing positive for COVID-19.

Hopefully he gets better very quickly.

Soundwave
05-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Damn this year just sucks. He's a strong dude and under 60 still I think, so he should recover.

Lebron23
05-22-2020, 07:05 PM
God bless Patrick Ewing.

LAmbruh
05-22-2020, 07:11 PM
Just a common cold doe

Chance most likely he's faking, doctors inflating his arrival. You know the drill

Just 2 weeks chillen in ICU wit dat sore throat doe

FireDavidKahn
05-22-2020, 07:20 PM
Can't wait to hear all the well wishes from the idiots on this board who thought this was no big deal just a few months ago.

StrongLurk
05-22-2020, 07:26 PM
Damn this year just sucks. He's a strong dude and under 60 still I think, so he should recover.

Bro he's overweight and doesn't look generally healthy at all. Also, plenty of former black athletes under 60 have died from coronavirus.

Ewing is in a legit bad spot at the moment. The good thing going for him is he is rich as hell.

tpols
05-22-2020, 07:27 PM
send the prayers out to pat ewing... GOAT soul player. gangster spirit.

LostCause
05-22-2020, 07:45 PM
Damn this shit is terrible

Best wishes for a strong recovery. As someone who recovered from it myself it's definitely nothing to talk lightly.

Axe
05-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Poor thing. Hope he recovers.

Monta Ellis MVP
05-22-2020, 08:58 PM
I’m rewatching the Michael Jordan documentary right now. I like the parts with Patrick Ewing.

FultzNationRISE
05-22-2020, 09:09 PM
Coronavirus confirmed worse than Bubonic plague and Holocaust combined.

Wasnt convinced til now, but Patrick Ewing is a celebrity and therefore the litmus test. Now it REALLY hits my feels.

Let’s go ahead and shut down for another..... ehh, what’s a good random number? Six years?

Let’s shut down another six years.

Axe
05-22-2020, 09:49 PM
Coronavirus confirmed worse than Bubonic plague and Holocaust combined.

Wasnt convinced til now, but Patrick Ewing is a celebrity and therefore the litmus test. Now it REALLY hits my feels.

Let’s go ahead and shut down for another..... ehh, what’s a good random number? Six years?

Let’s shut down another six years.
Well, Manny thinks that the whole covid thing is just a big hoax.

Round Mound
05-22-2020, 09:51 PM
My prayers to Pat! Great player and guy!

Patrick Chewing
05-23-2020, 12:26 AM
:(

I blame Michael Jordan. His immune system is weakened after having to relive the 90's in the Last Dance.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 01:08 AM
Seems he doesnt even have symptoms, he’s straight up isolating in a hospital as a precaution because he tested positive.

Sounds like the end of the world to me :confusedshrug:

nnn123
05-23-2020, 01:45 AM
Seems he doesnt even have symptoms, he’s straight up isolating in a hospital as a precaution because he tested positive.

Sounds like the end of the world to me :confusedshrug:

You have a source for this? Usually asymptomatic people don't use up a hospital bed to quarantine, not exactly how that works. You can do that at home.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 02:23 AM
You have a source for this? Usually asymptomatic people don't use up a hospital bed to quarantine, not exactly how that works. You can do that at home.

This is the article from ESPN:

Knicks legend, Georgetown coach Patrick Ewing tests positive for the coronavirus

Georgetown coach Patrick Ewing has tested positive for the coronavirus, the school announced Friday. The Hall of Famer is under care and isolated at a local hospital.

"I want to share that I have tested positive for COVID-19. This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly," Ewing said in a statement. "I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Now more than ever, I want to thank the health care workers and everyone on the front lines. I'll be fine, and we will all get through this."

The school said Ewing is the only member of the Georgetown men's basketball program to have tested positive for the virus amid the ongoing pandemic.

All the article says is he tested positive and he’s in isolation at the hospital. No mention of symptoms or an adverse condition. He even put out a statement himself saying he’ll be fine :lol

But maybe Im getting a bit carried away downplaying this thing and it really is the end of the world.

We’ll see.

nnn123
05-23-2020, 02:36 AM
Not the end of the world, but if a doc decided to admit him to the hospital that usually means 1 of 2 things. 1) He is hypoxic (low oxygen) or 2) He has some other warning sign suggesting high risk (respiratory distress, extreme high fever, etc.). If either of those are true then there is a small-moderate chance this could end badly for him. Plus I've seen pictures of Ewing lately and that boy is obese (another warning sign when you consider his age).

Either that, or he is not sick, but getting special treatment cause he's Patrick Ewing. Which I guess is possible too.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 02:41 AM
Not the end of the world, but if a doc decided to admit him to the hospital that usually means 1 of 2 things. 1) He is hypoxic (low oxygen) or 2) He has some other warning sign suggesting high risk (respiratory distress, extreme high fever, etc.). If either of those are true then there is a small-moderate chance this could end badly for him. Plus I've seen pictures of Ewing lately and that boy is obese (another warning sign when you consider his age).

Either that, or he is not sick, but getting special treatment cause he's Patrick Ewing. Which I guess is possible too.

If the hospital has availability and he’s got the money to pay out of pocket to quarantine there for a couple weeks, which obviously he does, it’s not really such a big deal IMO. He’s probably taking care of the staff that’s taking care of him. Stuffin C-notes down the v-neck of his nurse’s scrubs n such.

I know I would be.

SATAN
05-23-2020, 02:44 AM
Fultz is a loser who literally thinks everyone but him and his tribe of buddies are scared of the world around them. Absolute moron with low self awareness. You are not important, smart or even remotely funny, you little ****.

Stanley Kobrick
05-23-2020, 02:47 AM
that's good that he caught it early before there was time to infect any others. that's the problem with corona, you can get it and not even know it for 2 weeks spreading it to hundreds and then those you infect it spread it to hundreds unknowingly. then somewhere in the mix between all that lots of elderly and people with preexisting conditions end up critically worse. hats off to patrick for isolating in care to stop the spread

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 02:49 AM
Fultz is a loser who literally thinks everyone but him and his tribe of buddies are scared of the world around them. Absolute moron with low self awareness. You are not important, smart or even remotely funny, you little ****.

Hey.

Theres a reason why WE DA BESS.

SATAN
05-23-2020, 02:52 AM
From observation, most people here think you are a ****ing loser. Nothing more needs to be said. The thing in your head is an absolute waste of resources. LeBron James would most likely think you're a ****ing dickhead.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 03:05 AM
From observation, most people here think you are a ****ing loser. Nothing more needs to be said. The thing in your head is an absolute waste of resources. LeBron James would most likely think you're a ****ing dickhead.

Yo, dont mess around like that.

Seriously.

HoopsNY
05-23-2020, 03:13 AM
Praying for Ewing. Hope he gets through this!

Overdrive
05-23-2020, 07:41 AM

I'm pretty sure he sucks a mean dick. Afterall there are only two things he talks about. The conservative topic of the month and *****.

iamgine
05-23-2020, 08:11 AM
I'm guessing mild symptoms.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm pretty sure he sucks a mean dick. Afterall there are only two things he talks about. The conservative topic of the month and *****.

Rather talk intelligently about two things than babble unintelligibly about a hundred.

Stay triggered snowfwake :(

ralph_i_el
05-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Why is it that people who are generally stupid and wrong about everything are extremely convinced covid is a hoax?

It takes two weeks from getting infected to showing symptoms. That's the bad part of this, because people walk around asymptomatic, infecting people.

It's not the end of the world. The Spanish Flu wasn't the end of the world. The Bubonic Plague wasn't even the end of the world. They still killed 10's of millions. Places that enforced quarantine during the Spanish Flu recovered economically faster than places that didn't.

During the Bubonic Plague, inland countries with less urbanization were not hit hard, because they were basically halfway to quarantine in normal times.

During the Plague of Justinian in the 6th century, the more urbanized and densely populated Eastern Roman Empire and Sassanid Persian empires were decimated, but the nomadic Arab tribes were not (because they didn't spend much time in close quarters with people outside their tribes). This led to the rise of Islam.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 01:34 PM
Why is it that people who are generally stupid and wrong about everything are extremely convinced covid is a hoax?

It takes two weeks from getting infected to showing symptoms. That's the bad part of this, because people walk around asymptomatic, infecting people.

Socrates once noted people have a certain pleasure in “seeing the cross examination of the pretenders to wisdom.”

There is a certain inclination of the news media and a pretentious segment of the public to sprint out in front of an issue and blow it up and create a threat or a crisis or an emergency with exaggerated effect, simply to revel in the attention they get from atop the soapbox.

“Global warming will drown Florida in 12 years” and “Covid deaths in America will be in the tens of millions” etc

Pretentious alarmists who are out there glory seeking with wild predictions for the sake of sounding like the holders of knowledge.... people like to see them taken down a peg.

And then of course when this happens they deflect with “youre a climate change denier, you think covid is a hoax, you dont believe in science.”

When nobody said those things. People were just mocking the ostentatious public preening of self important alarmists.

Ive heard you talk about race, economics etc. Youre a pretty pretentious kinda guy. Surely you understand.

ralph_i_el
05-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Socrates once noted people have a certain pleasure in “seeing the cross examination of the pretenders to wisdom.”

There is a certain inclination of the news media and a pretentious segment of the public to sprint out in front of an issue and blow it up and create a threat or a crisis or an emergency with exaggerated effect, simply to revel in the attention they get from atop the soapbox.

“Global warming will drown Florida in 12 years” and “Covid deaths in America will be in the tens of millions” etc

Pretentious alarmists who are out there glory seeking with wild predictions for the sake of sounding like the holders of knowledge.... people like to see them taken down a peg.

And then of course when this happens they deflect with “youre a climate change denier, you think covid is a hoax, you dont believe in science.”

When nobody said those things. People were just mocking the ostentatious public preening of self important alarmists.

Ive heard you talk about race, economics etc. Youre a pretty pretentious kinda guy. Surely you understand.

It's interesting that your first impression of anyone who knows anything is "You're a pretty pretentious kinda guy".

It's telling.

FultzNationRISE
05-23-2020, 01:45 PM
It's interesting that your first impression of anyone who knows anything is "You're a pretty pretentious kinda guy".

It's telling.

They like to see the cross examination of the pretenders to wisdom

HoopsNY
05-23-2020, 02:02 PM

There are people who still think this is a hoax? :/

Long Duck Dong
05-23-2020, 02:04 PM
So we all going to dance around the fact that those huge nostrils of his had nothing to do with sucking up a ginormous viral load of the covid?

ralph_i_el
05-23-2020, 06:24 PM
They like to see the cross examination of the pretenders to wisdom

We're doing dialectics now?

dreamshake
05-24-2020, 02:02 PM
Ewing was a basketball coach. This could happen to any current basketball coach. This goes to show that it's just not worth the risk of resuming NBA play.