PDA

View Full Version : The best of Chris Paul 09-20

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 07:37 PM
He literally carried the Hornets to wins in the 4th quarter all season long. Hornets have the same exact record than the Rockets when the season ended, even. lmfao.

The clutch god:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnvJKjyR8D8

19-20. Just realized I put 09 as you never put 19 so I didn't even think about it. Shrug.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 07:43 PM
It's absurd how good Chris Paul is at basketball. All time genius basketball coupled with all time basketball skill. If he had a Derrick Rose or Westbrook athleticism nobody would be talking about Jordan because he'd easily be the GOAT. That he is so good despite being 6 foot nothing is amazing.

ArbitraryWater
05-22-2020, 07:44 PM
He literally carried the Hornets to wins in the 4th quarter all season long. Hornets have the same exact record than the Rockets when the season ended, even. lmfao.

The clutch god:

19-20. Just realized I put 09 as you never put 19 so I didn't even think about it. Shrug.

Hornets? Lol.

Truly stuck in 09

Manny98
05-22-2020, 07:46 PM
He should have won MVP in 08 imo

I would actually argue he was the best player on the planet period, that season

HBK_Kliq_2
Great player, he just had bad luck with the timing of his injurys (2015 and 2018 playoffs) or just flat out bad supporting casts (Carl Landry was his 2nd best player in 2011 playoffs). I would still rank him above any point guard ever besides Magic Johnson, Stephen Curry, and maybe Jason Kidd.

ArbitraryWater
One of his clutchest seasons for sure.

OKC got lucky many times playing opponents just when they missed their stars, but they also clutched out so many wins as CP just went into not-miss mode and kept splashing mid range shots.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 08:00 PM
Chris paul is a genius when it comes to basketball. 6 feet nothing and one of the greatest offensive AND defensive players of all time. Top 30, period. No question. If you don't respect Chris Paul you don't know ****ing shit about basketball and that's a goddamn fact.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 08:03 PM
Hornets? Lol.

Truly stuck in 09

His 08 and 09 seasons are all time, though. He's the smallest player to ever have a 30.0per when he did it in 2009. Beyond his point guard wizardy, what I love about him is how good he is defensively. He's pound for pound one of the 2 or three best defensive guards throughout his career despite being smaller than them all! 6-0 on his best day and he best defensive pg in the league for a good decade. That's impressive.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-22-2020, 08:04 PM
It's absurd how good Chris Paul is at basketball. All time genius basketball coupled with all time basketball skill. If he had a Derrick Rose or Westbrook athleticism nobody would be talking about Jordan because he'd easily be the GOAT. That he is so good despite being 6 foot nothing is amazing.

Young Paul was as fast as just about anybody besides Westbrook for point guards though. I think if you gave him Jason Kidd's height and John Stockton's endurance he would be the GOAT PG.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Young Paul was as fast as just about anybody besides Westbrook for point guards though. I think if you gave him Jason Kidd's height and John Stockton's endurance he would be the GOAT PG.

He was definitely a good athlete in his younger days. He tore his mcl in that 2010 season and I think he kind of just went to a floor game after that. He actually did do some dunking with the Clippers so he had a vert, but he didn't really force the issue anymore after that tear. Everyone talks like he lost his athleticism after that mcl tear, but it's more him just realizing that it was just wasted energy. He could still dunk on people if he wanted to, but after the tear he realized it was just wasted energy.

Turbo Slayer
05-22-2020, 08:09 PM
Always admired Chris Paul. He is one of the greats in terms of floor raising. Unfortunate circumstances still got in his way unfortunately.

LostCause
05-22-2020, 08:11 PM
CP3 should be mentioned with the GOAT PGs. He has an argument as strong as anyone from a skill-based, statistical and individual standpoint. All he’s lacking is the hardware

That recent ESPN list was utterly disrespectful putting him at 40, especially considering the players they put in front of him

LoneyROY7
05-22-2020, 08:19 PM

Westbrook athleticism at 6 foot nothing ain't making him the GOAT. :oldlol::oldlol:

Put the Jack down.

Turbo Slayer
05-22-2020, 08:36 PM
CP3 should be mentioned with the GOAT PGs. He has an argument as strong as anyone from a skill-based, statistical and individual standpoint. All he’s lacking is the hardware

That recent ESPN list was utterly disrespectful putting him at 40, especially considering the players they put in front of him

Definitely.

ralph_i_el
05-22-2020, 09:38 PM
Chris paul is a genius when it comes to basketball. 6 feet nothing and one of the greatest offensive AND defensive players of all time. Top 30, period. No question. If you don't respect Chris Paul you don't know ****ing shit about basketball and that's a goddamn fact.

^This

I saw him play an entire game against the Wiz without making one mistake. Must of had 20 points 20 assists and no turnovers.

I met him in the airport in Beijing as a teen (in like '08). He spent about 10 minutes chatting with our school group after my buddy spotted him on a golf cart going through security. Literally jumped off the cart and came over. A class act.

ralph_i_el
05-22-2020, 09:39 PM

People used to talk about him as a possible fastest player with the ball back before 2010. Plus his handle at high speeds was nuts.

OKC's offense got better after losing Westbrook and PG-13, and getting CP3+ Gallo.

RRR3
05-22-2020, 09:47 PM
CP3 has a case for top 20 all time.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 10:14 PM
Westbrook athleticism at 6 foot nothing ain't making him the GOAT. :oldlol::oldlol:

Put the Jack down.

You shut you ****ing worthless ****ing mouth before I lose my temper. Nobody asked anything about you, bitch.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2020, 10:18 PM
Ay Smoke,

How would you compare Isiah Thomas and Paul as scorers? To me, Paul is the better overall player, and arguably greater, BUT Isiah also had a great handle with sick scoring skills.

Monta Ellis MVP
05-22-2020, 10:18 PM

The clutch god:

I watched this video and it was pretty boring. Chris Paul is good but he never can make the Finals and he gets injured every year for some reason.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 11:01 PM
I watched this video and it was pretty boring. Chris Paul is good but he never can make the Finals and he gets injured every year for some reason.

I just sneezed up something more interesting than your worthless opinion, fakkot. The only thing you are worthy of is a a ground heel, fukk face. There was never any moment you could ever have a face to me so go sit in your little corner and shut your ****ing mouth before I really start to lose my temper.

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGRnokznTF0

Smoke117
05-22-2020, 11:53 PM

Put the Jack down.

You sound salty. I would be too, knowing my hero was basically doing his very best to shoot his team out of the series of his life. The Rockets were up 3-2 because of Chris Paul, fakkot. You know it, I know it, James Harden knows it. Continue to run that bitch ass mouth as he compiles a lot of worthless regular seasons points, though. You are as pathetic as the maggot you stan.

PoutinPippin
05-23-2020, 12:34 AM
You shut you ****ing worthless ****ing mouth before I lose my temper. Nobody asked anything about you, bitch.
Smoke, the internet gangster cholo, on the sauce again ...

CP3 was, and is awesome. One of the all time great PGs. Severely underrated.

Also, never on earth was he catching bodies or dunking consistently :roll: this dude wasn't D-Rose, Westbrick, B Diddy, or even Marbury, Iverson or Kevin Johnson in terms of athleticism. Stop.

Zeke was like a CP3, and Kyrie combo in his day. CP3 game management, and defense. Even tougher, but mentally more poised, and less prone to emotional meltdown. Not grating on teammates like CP3, but had the explosive take over ability scoring the ball like Kyrie.

Stanley Kobrick
05-23-2020, 12:37 AM
I just sneezed up something more interesting than your worthless opinion, fakkot. The only thing you are worthy of is a a ground heel, fukk face. There was never any moment you could ever have a face to me so go sit in your little corner and shut your ****ing mouth before I really start to lose my temper.
hey you don't bully the welfarfan he can't defend himself on that user account

ELITEpower23
05-23-2020, 12:46 AM
Probably the most underrated player in NBA history. His defense + impact is incredible.

LoneyROY7
05-23-2020, 01:38 AM
You sound salty. I would be too, knowing my hero was basically doing his very best to shoot his team out of the series of his life. The Rockets were up 3-2 because of Chris Paul, fakkot. You know it, I know it, James Harden knows it. Continue to run that bitch ass mouth as he compiles a lot of worthless regular seasons points, though. You are as pathetic as the maggot you stan.

So melted you quoted me twice. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Cheers m8.

https://i.imgur.com/d6aZbBv.gif

Smoke117
05-23-2020, 01:41 AM
So melted you quoted me twice. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Cheers m8.

https://i.imgur.com/d6aZbBv.gif

lol you have this blown up sense of worth as your boyfriend, fakkot. Nobody cares and nobody ever will. Go sit in the corner with your dunce hat and shut the fukk up.

LoneyROY7
05-23-2020, 01:44 AM
lol you have this blown up sense of worth as your boyfriend, fakkot. Nobody cares and nobody ever will. Go sit in the corner with your dunce hat and shut the fukk up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/KQm5O05y9rzQA/giphy.gif

:hammertime:

Smoke117
05-23-2020, 02:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdlVfuaKwRI ...Stretch...yawn....

Smoke117
05-23-2020, 02:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aLPQEfrFE

SATAN
05-23-2020, 03:07 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed Smokes' meltdown. :lol

Smoke117
05-23-2020, 03:10 AM
https://youtu.be/NiGG9G8pmQg

999Guy
05-23-2020, 03:44 AM
Smoke, the internet gangster cholo, on the sauce again ...

CP3 was, and is awesome. One of the all time great PGs. Severely underrated.

Also, never on earth was he catching bodies or dunking consistently :roll: this dude wasn't D-Rose, Westbrick, B Diddy, or even Marbury, Iverson or Kevin Johnson in terms of athleticism. Stop.

Zeke was like a CP3, and Kyrie combo in his day. CP3 game management, and defense. Even tougher, but mentally more poised, and less prone to emotional meltdown. Not grating on teammates like CP3, but had the explosive take over ability scoring the ball like Kyrie.
Isiah Thomas didn’t have anywhere near Chris Paul’s hand-eye coordination and body control. And CP3’s hands are bigger too so he had better ball control.

His scoring game was way limited compared to CP3.

CP3 was and really still is a strong, always balanced unpredictable snake who can stop on a dime like few ever could at his level of quickness and strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pxWrM0eQQk&app=desktop

His timing on when he shoots, how he dribbles, and where he does it from is all strange not typical of a player, especially at his size.

Chris Paul’s been a high level isolation guy for years. The Clippers having no floor space just didn’t allow him to fully show that part of his game until now as an old man in an era that encourages it.

By the way Isiah developed into being a pure point guard and did it far less effectively than Paul, much like a Westbrook, the core of his game coming into the league was a score-first guard with a fair bit of speed and quickness to use it in transition. To think he was some mental prodigy like Nash, Paul, or Magic is wrong.

Isiah being considered Chris Paul’s peer is really some twisted crime against logic and really the game itself. Isiah was more Westbrook than Chris Paul at his best, and he was not as athletic as Westbrook.

Smoke117
05-23-2020, 04:26 AM
Chris Paul is the premier defensive pg of his era while being half the size of his contemporaries. He shut down that bitch ass Durant who is 9 inches taller than him. ppft.