PDA

View Full Version : "The Last Dance was a lie" - Jordan Rules author Sam Smith

1987_Lakers
05-23-2020, 02:02 PM
"There were several things in the documentary that I saw, I would know, that (Jordan) made up or he lied about," Smith said in an interview with Bonta, Steiny and Guru of 95.7 The Game. "They weren't major things, but it was like when a TV movie comes on and they say, 'This is based on a true story.' That's what that was. It was based on a true story."

Smith said the idea that players might reunite for one more season was hogwash, in so many words, and that the producers "had the outlines" of the events but the details were a bit murky.

He also said the infamous Pizza Game/Flu Game/Food Poisoning Game story — in which Jordan and his trainer alluded to a late-night snack potentially being poisoned — was "complete nonsense," adding that Jordan was certainly sick but it wasn't from the pizza (or a hangover).

The series wasn't without its flaws, and as Smith notes in the interview, the docuseries was a "Michael Jordan hagiography" more than it was a revelatory or investigative documentary surrounding the Jordan-era Bulls. Since its conclusion, Smith, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Pizza Hut employees have all either called into question Jordan's veracity or the portrayals of one another during the doc.

While the legend of Jordan certainly grew throughout "The Last Dance," maybe we are now further from the truth than we wanted to be.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/michael-jordan-the-last-dance-lies-sam-smith/it1qfasfw9bz1tvzucwl14lvo

Roundball_Rock
05-23-2020, 02:03 PM
DR's head will explode. :roll:

ELITEpower23
05-23-2020, 02:07 PM
The plot thickens

dirkdiggler41
05-23-2020, 02:09 PM
What sucks is most NBA nerds will know this, but there are so many people who watch this and look at it as fact.

Roundball_Rock
05-23-2020, 02:10 PM
What sucks is most NBA nerds will know this, but there are so many people who watch this and look at it as fact.

Yup, that's the problem all along. Especially since the media accepted it as gospel without any scrutiny of MJ (they did give plenty of scrutiny to others in the doc).

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:12 PM
So exactly what in the documentary isn't true?

He basically says Jordan was sick but he doesn't think it was the pizza.

OK ... and? What else?

dazzer87
05-23-2020, 02:12 PM
The meltdown is still going strong.....Doc is over...:lol

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:15 PM
Yeah ok so he says basically the major parts of the doc are true, he has quibbles with minor parts of it like he thinks the flu game was just a flu and not pizza, but really who the f*ck is he to talk about someone else that is actually happened to? lol, like he an authority on Michael Jordan's medical condition above Michael Jordan?

I'm sure he's probably not happy that one of the sources for his book (Grant) got outed.

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2020, 02:17 PM
Yikes.

MJ did himself no favors with this doc.

He did amongst the casuals and even complete nobodies to basketball (this doc was trending in the netflix top 10 in many countries), but not amongst people watching and knowing ball.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:18 PM
Yikes.

He did amongst the casuals and even complete nobodies to basketball (this doc was trending in the netflix top 10 in many countries), but not amongst people watching and knowing ball.

The 10 morons on this site and the bubble of denial they live in sure, the rest of the world loved this documentary, it was a massive hit. No one will give a crap about a LeBron doc 5 years from now let alone 20 years. More people will be interested in a Kobe Bryant one which will inevitably come.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:19 PM
Jordan rewriting history.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:21 PM
Jordan rewriting history.

What specifically was rewritten? Sam Smith even admits most of the major points are on point, he just takes issue with some minor quibbles.

Michael Jordan has a right to tell things from his POV, every other major athlete has done so for their career, Jordan has remained largely quiet for 20 years, people want to hear his POV.

Cyrus334
05-23-2020, 02:23 PM
If they weren't major things then why the **** should anyone care lol? It'd be one thing if Jordan blatantly lied about a major event happening and tried to erase it but if it's small things that he lied about to make himself better or make the doc more entertaining then I don't see the problem.

If Lebron made a documentary and did the exact same thing, I'd be fine with that too.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:23 PM
The 10 morons on this site and the bubble of denial they live in sure, the rest of the world loved this documentary, it was a massive hit. No one will give a crap about a LeBron doc 5 years from now let alone 20 years. More people will be interested in a Kobe Bryant one which will inevitably come.

For the kids who were born in the early to mid 2000's LeBron is their Michael Jordan. LeBron shoes are still very popular. And his Jerseys are still selling like hot pancakes. You're a dumb @$$ if you think people would forget a 4x nba mvp, and 3x finals mvp. LeBron likely finish his career with 5 finals mvp.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:24 PM
If they weren't major things then why the **** should anyone care lol? It'd be one thing if Jordan blatantly lied about a major event happening and tried to erase it but if it's small things that he lied about to make himself better or make the doc more entertaining then I don't see the problem.

If Lebron made a documentary and did the exact same thing, I'd be fine with that too.

Yeah for the 15 people that will care 10 years from now, will LeBron be doing one where he addresses the buzz around him using steroids? Leaving Cleveland because a teammate slept with his mother? Will he allow those topics to even be addressed? Doubt it.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:26 PM
For the kids who were born in the early to mid 2000's LeBron is their Michael Jordan. LeBron shoes are still very popular. And his Jerseys are still selling like hot pancakes. You're a dumb @$$ if you think people would forget a 4x nba mvp, and 3x finals mvp. LeBron likely finish his career with 5 finals mvp.

How many kids give a crap about Shaq and Tim Duncan today?

Even Kobe was fading fast until the tragic events this year that will fuel massive interest in a documentary on him when it inevitably happens, that's the big one people would want to watch next.

LeBron James is no where near the cultural icon Michael Jordan was, not even close, for core basketball fans yeah for some of them LeBron is their guy but that's nothing special. Shaq was that guy for a certain group, Kobe for a certain group, that just cycles to next player constantly. In 5 years it'll be someone else.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:27 PM
Yeah for the 15 people that will care 10 years from now, will LeBron be doing one where he addresses the buzz around him using steroids? Leaving Cleveland because a iteammate slept with his mother? Will he allow those topics to even be addressed? Doubt it.

Only an idiot thinks lebron is using steroids. He played in 3 olympics, and he never failed an Olympics style drug test.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:29 PM

Even Kobe was fading fast until the tragic events this year that will fuel massive interest in a documentary on him when it inevitably happens, that's the big one people would want to watch next.

LeBron James is no where near the cultural icon Michael Jordan was, not even close, for core basketball fans yeah for some of them LeBron is their guy but that's nothing special. Shaq was that guy for a certain group, Kobe for a certain group, that just cycles to next player constantly. In 5 years it'll be someone else.

LeBron is more exciting than duncan and shaq. And arguably the most popular player in the internet era. Only reason Jordan was mentioned was because those statsnerds compared him to LeBron. The soon to be all time leading scorers in nba history won't ever be forgotten.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Only an idiot thinks lebron is using steroids. He played in 3 olympics, and he never failed an Olympics style drug test.

Just like only morons think the mob would hire two 18 year old kids to kill the father of the most famous man on the planet. They would start talking in 15 seconds (and have been actually trying to weasel out of their sentence for years now).

Or the idea that the NBA would willingly ban their no.1 money making attraction after losing Magic and Bird to retirement the two years prior. Or that Nike and McDonalds and other corporations with massive sponsorship deals with the NBA (not to mention NBC) would ever allow that to happen.

I'm just saying MJ allowed this to be addressed in the doc when he didn't have to, I doubt LeBron allows any of the things that swirl in the court of public opinion about him to ever be touched upon.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Just like only morons think the mob would hire two 18 year old kids to kill the father of the most famous man on the planet. They would start talking in 15 seconds (and have been actually trying to weasel out of their sentence for years now).

Or the idea that the NBA would willingly ban their no.1 money making attraction after losing Magic and Bird to retirement the two years prior. Or that Nike and McDonalds and other corporations with massive sponsorship deals with the NBA (not to mention NBC) would ever allow that to happen.

I'm just saying MJ allowed this to be addressed in the doc when he didn't have to, I doubt LeBron allows any of the things that swirl in the court of public opinion about him to ever be touched upon.

Lebron is just a genetic freak. Dude is 6'8 and 240 lbs at 18 years old.

LostCause
05-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Let the retards here tell it, Smith isn’t credible

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2020, 02:43 PM
Let the retards here tell it, Smith isn’t credible

Can you differentiate between Smith giving an account on historical events/what happened or didnt which he knows for a fact, and his personal opinion of who is better between two athletes?

Are you retarded?

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2020, 02:44 PM

LeBron is a name in every country of the world.

Dudes in my class or uni classes who dont watch basketball or know anything about it know Lebron.

They think he looks mean from what they've seen.

LostCause
05-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Can you differentiate between Smith giving an account on historical events/what happened or didnt which he knows for a fact, and his personal opinion of who is better between two athletes?

Are you retarded?

That’s cool but not relevant, nobody claimed what he said was fact so nice straw man attempt. You definitely did laugh at his credentials though. As if being on a talk show somehow made Wright more credible on the subject.

Aren’t you a staple in the “Dumbest shit posted on ISH” thread? I don’t have to ask if you’re retarded

86Celtics
05-23-2020, 02:52 PM
"There were several things in the documentary that I saw, I would know, that (Jordan) made up or he lied about," Smith said in an interview with Bonta, Steiny and Guru of 95.7 The Game. "They weren't major things, but it was like when a TV movie comes on and they say, 'This is based on a true story.' That's what that was. It was based on a true story."

Smith said the idea that players might reunite for one more season was hogwash, in so many words, and that the producers "had the outlines" of the events but the details were a bit murky.

He also said the infamous Pizza Game/Flu Game/Food Poisoning Game story — in which Jordan and his trainer alluded to a late-night snack potentially being poisoned — was "complete nonsense," adding that Jordan was certainly sick but it wasn't from the pizza (or a hangover).

The series wasn't without its flaws, and as Smith notes in the interview, the docuseries was a "Michael Jordan hagiography" more than it was a revelatory or investigative documentary surrounding the Jordan-era Bulls. Since its conclusion, Smith, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Pizza Hut employees have all either called into question Jordan's veracity or the portrayals of one another during the doc.

While the legend of Jordan certainly grew throughout "The Last Dance," maybe we are now further from the truth than we wanted to be.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/michael-jordan-the-last-dance-lies-sam-smith/it1qfasfw9bz1tvzucwl14lvo

An hagiography wouldn't include Jordan's gambling and his poor demeanor towards his teammates. As far as the flu game and the Bulls reuniting for one last season are concerned, if Smith has verifiable info contradicting Jordan, he can always come out and state specifically what happened. "Hogwash" and "complete nonsense" aren't exactly the most convincing of rebuttals.

Not that the documentary was impartial. It was Jordan-centric and its goal was to portray him as the best ever with all his strengths and weaknesses as a player and a person. But at the same time it wasn't also the propaganda piece some are making it to be. Nor a hatchet job on some of his teammates (Krause excluded).

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 02:53 PM
LeBron is a name in every country of the world.

Dudes in my class or uni classes who dont watch basketball or know anything about it know Lebron.

They think he looks mean from what they've seen.

Except he's not? I travel in Europe all the time, there are plenty of people that don't know LeBron James and don't give a sh*t frankly. No one gives a sh*t about Cleveland, lol.

James' popularity is more confined to basketball fans, it doesn't really extend beyond that.

Quite honestly at his peak I think Kobe Bryant was more popular and Tiger Woods would be way more well known as the most famous American athlete post-Jordan.

Lebron23
05-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Except he's not? I travel in Europe all the time, there are plenty of people that don't know LeBron James and don't give a sh*t frankly. No one gives a sh*t about Cleveland, lol.

Quite honestly at his peak I think Kobe Bryant was more popular.

They are two of the most popular players in Asia. Followed by Stephen Curry.

ArbitraryWater
05-23-2020, 03:03 PM
That’s cool but not relevant, nobody claimed what he said was fact so nice straw man attempt. You definitely did laugh at his credentials though. As if being on a talk show somehow made Wright more credible on the subject.

Aren’t you a staple in the “Dumbest shit posted on ISH” thread? I don’t have to ask if you’re retarded

I laughed at his credentials for an opinion on who is better between Jordan and LeBron, not historical accounts, you dumb fck.

You literally made no effort to distinguish between the two in order to prove a point.

And you failed.

Imagine that.

The resident Dumbest shit poster set you straight.

Da_Realist
05-23-2020, 03:09 PM
DR's head will explode. :roll:

MJ: "Before Game 5 in Utah, I'm at the Marriott. So it's George, myself, Tim and I think a couple of security guys. But it's like, 10, 10:30 at night. I'm hungry. I ate the pizza. All by myself. Nobody else ate the pizza. I woke up about 2:30 throwing up left and right. So it really wasn't the flu game. It was food poisoning."

Where is the lie that got your panties in a wad? If he didn't eat pizza, then expose it. If he was sick outside of pizza, then why would he order pizza? Why would he even be hungry? If anything, he'd want crackers or soup or something. Not the most fattening, greasy food every created by man.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 03:13 PM
MJ: "Before Game 5 in Utah, I'm at the Marriott. So it's George, myself, Tim and I think a couple of security guys. But it's like, 10, 10:30 at night. I'm hungry. I ate the pizza. All by myself. Nobody else ate the pizza. I woke up about 2:30 throwing up left and right. So it really wasn't the flu game. It was food poisoning."

Where is the lie that got your panties in a wad? If he didn't eat pizza, then expose it. If he was sick outside of pizza, then why would he order pizza? Why would he even be hungry? If anything, he'd want crackers or soup or something. Not the most fattening, greasy food every created by man.

Yeah but Sam Smith is a accredited doctor apparently who was living up Jordan's ass, he knew for sure it wasn't food poisoning, lol.

Like even a trained doctor can't often tell the difference between food poisoning and a stomach flu, yet Sam Smith claims to be an authority on telling someone else what they're sick from? lol.

Roundball_Rock
05-23-2020, 03:19 PM
Yikes.

Or to his future business associates, after seeing how he threw his past associates under the bus for personal gain.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 03:21 PM
Or to his future business associates, after seeing how he threw his past associates under the bus for personal gain.

Oh noez, he can't hang out with ... uh ... Horace Grant now. Or Isiah Thomas. I'm sure MJ is devastated.

Da_Realist
05-23-2020, 03:21 PM
Yeah but Sam Smith is a accredited doctor apparently who was living up Jordan's ass, he knew for sure it wasn't food poisoning, lol.

Like even a trained doctor can't often tell the difference between food poisoning and a stomach flu, yet Sam Smith claims to be an authority on telling someone else what they're sick from? lol.

These guys... I don't believe some clandestine guy sprinkled something in MJ's food to make him sick. But could he have eaten something that disagreed with him? Sure. Happens all the time. I got sick eating fresh strawberries once. A few years later, I got sick drinking egg nog. It took me 20 years to try egg nog again. It happens. It's really not that big a deal. I'm sure there are more important things Sam Smith can investigate than what exactly caused MJ to be sick...that is if he even thinks MJ was sick. Maybe everyone is lying, including MJ's mother and all his teammates.

Da_Realist
05-23-2020, 03:23 PM

They'd probably send him a card for the extra publicity.

Soundwave
05-23-2020, 03:24 PM
These guys... I don't believe some clandestine guy sprinkled something in MJ's food to make him sick. But could he have eaten something that disagreed with him. Sure. Happens all the time. I got sick eating fresh strawberries once. A few years later, I got sick drinking egg nog. It took me 20 years to try egg nog again. It happens. It's really not that big a deal. I'm sure there are more important things Sam Smith can investigate than what exactly caused MJ to be sick...that is if he even thinks he was sick,. Maybe everyone is lying, including MJ's mother and all his teammates.

He was clearly sick, ultimately I guess does it even matter what the source was, he played a game where it looked like he was on the verge of death and needed to be hooked up to an IV immediately after the game. That is unbelievable.

I remember reading at the time he shouldn't have been drinking Gatorade on the bench because it's a diuretic and actually made what he was going through worse? I don't know how true that is though.

I've had food poisoning before (I'm 99.9% sure of it) and the doctor straight up told me they really don't know if its food poisoning or stomach flu since I had some flu type symptoms also. Even trained doctors can't say 100%, there's not like test you take where it tells you.

Da_Realist
05-23-2020, 03:28 PM
Oh noez, he can't hang out with ... uh ... Horace Grant now. Or Isiah Thomas. I'm sure MJ is devastated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRbP5RpXAA

This is Horace before he got triggered.

Da_Realist
05-23-2020, 03:31 PM
He was clearly sick, ultimately I guess does it even matter what the source was, he played a game where it looked like he was on the verge of death and needed to be hooked up to an IV immediately after the game. That is unbelievable.

I remember reading at the time he shouldn't have been drinking Gatorade on the bench because it's a diuretic and actually made what he was going through worse? I don't know how true that is though.

I've had food poisoning before (I'm 99.9% sure of it) and the doctor straight up told me they really don't know if its food poisoning or stomach flu since I had some flu type symptoms also. Even trained doctors can't say 100%, there's not like test you take where it tells you.

True. You don't really know. All I know is I drank egg nog like a thousand times before but this time I got sick. My mind associated the sickness with the egg nog. For all I know, it may have been something else. Same with MJ. It doesn't matter. What matters is he was sick playing Game 5. The rest is just a distraction.

LAmbruh
05-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Sam Smith is just salty!

light
05-23-2020, 10:13 PM

Ken Burns warned us. So did John Stockton.

RRR3
05-23-2020, 10:28 PM
Michael Jordan's ISH PR rep, er I mean Soundwave's most insane take yet is that people won't care about a LeBron documentary when we all know he's going to be watching it religiously when it comes out.

Boarman1
05-23-2020, 10:31 PM
If MJ wasn't hungover or had food poisoning, what was he sick of?

Maybe it was an ordinary flu, but if it was the flu why would MJ life about it in the documentary?

You don't lie about small stuff like that unless you're hiding something

SATAN
05-23-2020, 10:35 PM

Some people, for whatever reason, chose Michael Jordan as their false idol. They don't even care if he cheats and lies. They will still admire him no matter what. Most of them haven't watched many NBA games since MJ retired.

Roundball_Rock
05-24-2020, 10:24 AM
Michael Jordan's ISH PR rep, er I mean Soundwave's most insane take yet is that people won't care about a LeBron documentary when we all know he's going to be watching it religiously when it comes out.

The funniest part will be the same people who treated this as gospel (as if Ken Burns or American Experience on PBS made it) will be the ones most critical of the credibility of LeBron's. :lol

Bankaii
05-24-2020, 10:32 AM
What specifically was rewritten? Sam Smith even admits most of the major points are on point, he just takes issue with some minor quibbles.

Michael Jordan has a right to tell things from his POV, every other major athlete has done so for their career, Jordan has remained largely quiet for 20 years, people want to hear his POV.
For instance the Knicks series when they went down 0-2. The series said something along the lines of “Jordan woke up” and pretended like he came out and played like a god to prevent them from going down 0-3.
That’s simply not true. MJ played like hot ass and Pip bailed him out. They never showed Jordan’s struggles as a player. Furthering the myth that he was some untouchable god on the court.

BigShotBob
05-24-2020, 11:05 AM
For instance the Knicks series when they went down 0-2. The series said something along the lines of “Jordan woke up” and pretended like he came out and played like a god to prevent them from going down 0-3.
That’s simply not true. MJ played like hot ass and Pip bailed him out. They never showed Jordan’s struggles as a player. Furthering the myth that he was some untouchable god on the court.

They don't lose game 2 if Pippen scores more than 17 and Jordan didn't have to drop 36. So your point is moot. Pippen is partly why they were in a 0-2 hole in the first place.

Game 3 was Jordan's worse game (3/18) but he went to the FT line, dropped 22 points and had 11 assists and 8 rebounds.

Then he dropped 54 on 60% shooting and Pippen dropped.....14......on (4/14) shooting.....

So Pippen played like complete dogshit and was literally carried. Hard. VERY hard. WAY harder than Pippen "carried" him.

Just stop the nonsense. Jordan is the untouchable GOAT, while other players in the top 10....or outside of it (let's use Lebron as an example) score 8 points in a Finals game.

Respect the GOAT

Roundball_Rock
05-24-2020, 11:30 AM
So Pippen played like complete dogshit and was literally carried. Hard. VERY hard. WAY harder than Pippen "carried" him.

:roll:

This is revisionist history, as usual from MJ stans. Here is what Sports Illustrated said about the 93' ECF series at the time:

A VERSATILE STAR LED THE BULLS TO A 4-2 ELIMINATION OF THE KNICKS, AND HE WASN'T NAMED JORDAN

It was not surprising that Jordan was able to pick up Pippen, of course; such acts are part of Superman's daily agenda. But it was intriguing to see Pippen step into the temporary vacuums left by the sometimes physically exhausted and mentally overburdened Jordan (page 13). For the first time in Chicago's three successive marches into the NBA Finals, in fact, a Bull other than Jordan would have deserved to be named MVP in a playoff series, were such an honor awarded for a series other than the Finals.

But if Jordan's shaky shooting continues—a career 52% shooter, he made only 40% of his shots against the Knicks—Pippen's number will be called, again and again.

During the decisive Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals, for example, it was not Jordan who made the big second-half shots but Pippen, he of the supposedly crumbling-cookie composure. When the Knicks, having almost eliminated a seven-point deficit, threatened to steal the game late in the fourth period, two Pippen jumpers with the shot clock almost at zero bailed out the Bulls. The first came from the deep right corner just after Pippen had flashed a smirk at Knick superfan Spike Lee, sitting at courtside. The second, a three-pointer from beyond the top of the key, was followed by Pippen's raising his index finger and glancing at Starks with another Were you there? expression on his face. Boy, the Knicks must've felt like killing Pippen.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1993/06/14/eye-of-the-storm-a-versatile-star-led-the-bulls-to-a-4-2-elimination-of-the-knicks-and-he-wasnt-named-jordan

The three pointer was the dagger that sealed the game and series.

What the article doesn't mention is Jordan made 0 field goals in the final 22 minutes of Game 6.

BigShotBob
05-24-2020, 11:52 AM
:roll:

This is revisionist history, as usual from MJ stans. Here is what Sports Illustrated said about the 93' ECF series at the time:

https://vault.si.com/vault/1993/06/14/eye-of-the-storm-a-versatile-star-led-the-bulls-to-a-4-2-elimination-of-the-knicks-and-he-wasnt-named-jordan

The three pointer was the dagger that sealed the game and series.

What the article doesn't mention is Jordan made 0 field goals in the final 22 minutes of Game 6.

Did Pippen drop 54 points on 60%......while his teammate dropped 13 on 28% shooting......

Oh okay then.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

1987_Lakers
05-24-2020, 12:21 PM
They don't lose game 2 if Pippen scores more than 17 and Jordan didn't have to drop 36. So your point is moot. Pippen is partly why they were in a 0-2 hole in the first place.

Game 3 was Jordan's worse game (3/18) but he went to the FT line, dropped 22 points and had 11 assists and 8 rebounds.

Then he dropped 54 on 60% shooting and Pippen dropped.....14......on (4/14) shooting.....

Just stop the nonsense. Jordan is the untouchable GOAT, while other players in the top 10....or outside of it (let's use Lebron as an example) score 8 points in a Finals game.

Respect the GOAT
https://media.tenor.com/images/b57a58739e0f2f9c54a0577d65ce77e3/tenor.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2020, 12:30 PM
3/18 and they won, disgusting

says it all

Roundball_Rock
05-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Here is another SI article on the series:

New York showed up for Game 6 in Chicago, but two huge baskets by Pippen, a jumper from the corner and a three-pointer, were the crucial blows in a 96-88 victory that sent Chicago into its third straight NBA Finals. The New York series had been, as much as anything, Pippen's coronation as a premier player. Had an MVP for the series been selected, the suddenly consistent Pippen would've probably gotten the nod over Jordan, who alternated streaks of brilliance with long periods of woeful shooting.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1993/07/07/that-championship-season-3-the-suns-were-only-the-last-of-many-challenges-the-bulls-met-in-1992-93

GOAT gonna GOAT.

He shot 40% for the series, 35% outside of Game 4.

Jordan's Shooting in 1993 ECF

10 for 27 (L)
12 for 32 (L)
3 for 18 (W)
18 for 30 (W)
11 for 24 (W)
8 for 24 (W)

This is why we only hear about that one game. :lol

3/18 and they won, disgusting

says it all

Pippen shot 83% in that game to score 29 points. The team as a whole, minus MJ, shot 60%.

Here is what Fatal9 wrote in his "MJ anti-clutch log" post for Game 1 and Game 6:

Game 1 vs. Knicks 1993: Jordan goes just 2 for his last 12 shot. Knicks pull away as Jordan was a no show in the second half, and was scoreless for several key stretches in the second half.

Mar 11, 1993 vs. Heat: Jordan misses his last 4 shots and misses a simple floater with 2 seconds left which would have tied the game. Bulls lose 97-95.

1993 ECF vs. Knicks (game 6): Goes 0-7 in fourth quarter (Pippen bails Bulls out with clutch shots though).

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?140520-Michael-Jordan-Anti-clutch-Log

guy
05-24-2020, 04:01 PM
So exactly what in the documentary isn't true?

He basically says Jordan was sick but he doesn't think it was the pizza.

OK ... and? What else?

The pizza thing is whatever. Nobody on Jordan’s side claims to have concrete proof that he was intentionally food poisoned or not so I don’t know where the lie is. I guess Tim Grover says that 5 guys showed up and the pizza guy says that’s not true. Not sure why it matters - he was still sick.

The bigger thing was apparently Reinsdorf talked to Jordan in the offseason after Phil said again that he was done and rode off into the sunset and told him not to retire yet, it’s going to be a long lockout and Phil could change his mind and then Jordan said something along the lines of no he’s done, Pippen's limping around and Dennis is crazy - but again this was after the fact of Phil pretty much being done, maybe Reinsdorf thought he would change his mind but that doesn’t mean Jordan did and to Jordan’s point in the documentary - Reinsdorf could’ve said a lot of that stuff in the beginning of the season which meant maybe Phil wouldn’t have felt driven out in the first place.

I guess you could say technically Jordan was lying cause Reinsdorf ultimately did want to bring the team back and did make one last ditch effort to do it, but that was after all the damage was done and Phil was clearly not coming back which Jordan stipulated.

RRR3
05-24-2020, 08:03 PM
Probably a good idea to at least have LeBron in your top 10 if you won't people to take you seriously, BigShotBob. Just for future reference. Not that anyone takes you seriously anyways.

baudkarma
05-24-2020, 08:21 PM
Yeah ok so he says basically the major parts of the doc are true, he has quibbles with minor parts of it like he thinks the flu game was just a flu and not pizza, but really who the f*ck is he to talk about someone else that is actually happened to? lol, like he an authority on Michael Jordan's medical condition above Michael Jordan?

I'm sure he's probably not happy that one of the sources for his book (Grant) got outed.

He's not a an authority above Michael Jordan, but he's probably more objective. Michael is not going to reveal anything in a documentary like this that might hurt his image. Everybody interviewed is naturally going to try to portray themselves in the best light possible. That's why everybody crapped on Krause. He's dead and can't defend himself. And hell, after all this time they might actually believe that the story they're telling is the truth.

Soundwave
05-24-2020, 08:23 PM
He's not a an authority above Michael Jordan, but he's probably more objective. Michael is not going to reveal anything in a documentary like this that might hurt his image. Everybody interviewed is naturally going to try to portray themselves in the best light possible. That's why everybody crapped on Krause. He's dead and can't defend himself. And hell, after all this time they might actually believe that the story they're telling is the truth.

But someone talking about your medical condition is bordering on absurd. It's like you saying "I have a headache" and me saying "no you don't", like lol, how the f*ck can I even know that.