PDA

View Full Version : Nigerians scammed Washington out of ‘hundreds of millions’ in unemployment benefits

Cleverness
05-26-2020, 12:08 AM
Washington scammed out of ‘hundreds of millions’ in unemployment benefits (https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/unemployment-scammers-steal-hundreds-of-millions-in-washington/)

The bad news is Nigerian scammers posing as out-of-work residents have bilked Washington state out of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in unemployment benefits, a top official said.

The good news is the commissioner is "so sorry" this happened. :cheers:

iamgine
05-26-2020, 01:58 AM
No system is perfect. Sometimes hundreds of millions are the cost of getting help to legitimate people quicker.

bladefd
05-26-2020, 02:04 AM
Is there any oversight in Washington? Any accountability of where the money is going and close scrutiny of the circumstances of each application?? Guessing the answer is 'no' to both

GimmeThat
05-26-2020, 03:30 AM
so it's come down to this, net neutrality is about the amount of wifi-data you use, to the amount of weight you lose and muscles you gain.

yes, a spouse can really take up that bandwidth on you

hold this L
05-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Is there any oversight in Washington? Any accountability of where the money is going and close scrutiny of the circumstances of each application?? Guessing the answer is 'no' to both

https://media2.giphy.com/media/YzvPqrOVoS9tC/source.gif

fsvr54
05-26-2020, 02:56 PM
We need to bring back public executions. Whoever let this happen needs to be gone.

Hangings or beheadings?

FultzNationRISE
05-26-2020, 02:57 PM
We need to bring back public executions. Whoever let this happen needs to be gone.

Hangings or beheadings?

Castrations could be an interesting twist.

fsvr54
05-26-2020, 03:00 PM
Castrations could be an interesting twist.

They're already castrating men through mass media.

Patrick Chewing
05-26-2020, 03:01 PM
I always send money to the Prince of Nigeria when he emails me about a great opportunity to make more money on my investment.

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-26-2020, 03:58 PM

Hangings or beheadings?

So why the hate against Sharia?

Thieves get hands cut off (under certain conditions).

fsvr54
05-26-2020, 04:28 PM

I think it should be reserved for huge ****ups. Petty theft is one thing, I don't care, I understand gangsters; losing "hundreds of millions" of state money is another.

Patrick Chewing
05-26-2020, 04:33 PM

Because it's barbaric. You think God would sanction such behavior?