PDA

View Full Version : No bullshit... what is wrong with me that I can't just let people be wrong?

Shogon
05-27-2020, 09:19 AM
Not that I'm always right, I'm definitely not.

But clearly I have a major character flaw and some sort of psychological problem/insecurity of the highest order because I get angry at people who express factually incorrect world views or spread misinformation.

It genuinely pisses me off. And I know, pragmatically speaking, that getting pissed off about people being wrong and trying to correct them, especially on the internet... is like... well quite frankly, it's like this...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/112a652d9c3e3b950f4ace7b0e1aa1d6/tenor.gif

I know for a FACT that it's pointless and accomplishing nothing and that the waves are not EVER going to stop. EVER. I know this. I'm well aware. I'm beyond well aware. And yet I persist... why? Is it just immaturity? Do I need therapy?

I think it's because I am lacking in the emotional IQ department, tbh. I probably just need to go back to therapy.

Axe
05-27-2020, 09:24 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/937/529/211.gif

Akeem34TheDream
05-27-2020, 09:28 AM
If you only get angry on the Internet, then I see no problem. But if its the same case in your social life then you should find a solution. Internet is MEANT to trigger people.

glidedrxlr22
05-27-2020, 10:02 AM
Scanners. Best head exploding scene on film.

Monta Ellis MVP
05-27-2020, 10:23 AM
Not that I'm always right, I'm definitely not.

But clearly I have a major character flaw and some sort of psychological problem/insecurity of the highest order because I get angry at people who express factually incorrect world views or spread misinformation.

It genuinely pisses me off. And I know, pragmatically speaking, that getting pissed off about people being wrong and trying to correct them, especially on the internet... is like... well quite frankly, it's like this...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/112a652d9c3e3b950f4ace7b0e1aa1d6/tenor.gif

I know for a FACT that it's pointless and accomplishing nothing and that the waves are not EVER going to stop. EVER. I know this. I'm well aware. I'm beyond well aware. And yet I persist... why? Is it just immaturity? Do I need therapy?

I think it's because I am lacking in the emotional IQ department, tbh. I probably just need to go back to therapy.

I know some people with similar issues. It could be a form of OCD or something related to it. Things that will realistically never effect you are not worth getting upset over. Relax and enjoy life.

Proctor
05-27-2020, 11:41 AM
That you don't let people be wrong is why I enjoy your posts. :cheers:

TommyGriffin
05-27-2020, 12:11 PM
Your general posting screams insecurity and inadequacy.

I would gather that's the root.

highwhey
05-27-2020, 12:13 PM
just in general, arguing anything on this forum is not really worth it. most people are just trolling. i don't know why i even keep coming back to this forum.

Patrick Chewing
05-27-2020, 12:26 PM
just in general, arguing anything on this forum is not really worth it. most people are just trolling. i don't know why i even keep coming back to this forum.

Stop talking crazy. If you leave, I leave.

brownmamba00
05-27-2020, 12:31 PM
You have too much time on your hands

Proctor
05-27-2020, 01:21 PM
Your general posting screams insecurity and inadequacy.

I would gather that's the root.
Nah, that's being a Harden fan, Loney. :(

rawimpact
05-27-2020, 01:23 PM
Seems illogical

You admit you can be wrong
You admit you cannot allow others be wrong

Part of growing up is tolerance, happens quicker with kids not that I have experience with that but I've seen it first hand as i'm sure many have.

Shogon
05-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Seems illogical

You admit you can be wrong
You admit you cannot allow others be wrong

Part of growing up is tolerance, happens quicker with kids not that I have experience with that but I've seen it first hand as i'm sure many have.

The issue isn't just people being wrong, I suppose. It's people being so incredibly wrong and being so passionately convicted they're right to the extent that they will be complete and total assholes while bathing in their incorrect world views. I just can't take it.

highwhey
05-27-2020, 01:36 PM
Stop talking crazy. If you leave, I leave.

:lol

imdaman99
05-27-2020, 01:40 PM
You're a good entertaining dude. You just care too much.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYwgkGsU4AA36LY.jpg

fsvr54
05-27-2020, 04:32 PM
You're a good entertaining dude. You just care too much.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYwgkGsU4AA36LY.jpg

I know it's funny and all, but a lot of dudes get ahead in this world precisely because they "dont five a ****"

Lebron23
05-27-2020, 05:44 PM
Some guys are just born @$$hole. Your'e an @$$hole. Just fully accept it.

diamenz
05-27-2020, 05:51 PM
unless you yourself and you yourself alone make the concrete decision that you're not going to let people's way of thinking bother you, it's going to be a thorn in your side and will obviously affect your mental in a negative way.

you need to teach yourself to just let these things go. it's like quitting smoking cold turkey - you're sick of it, it's not healthy and you're letting it get the better of you. one day, you'll just decide to yourself, f*** this - i've had enough... and you'll wonder why you couldn't figure it out in the past.

Norcaliblunt
05-27-2020, 05:57 PM
Idk try to adhere more to some sort of stricter code of conduct. Two of the eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth apply here for you.

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Now develop some discipline and live by this.

RidonKs
05-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Great OP, very genuine and reflective, 10/10

Second half of your post is on the right track. Generic wisdom from me is this: trying to filter out your autocorrect is going to bamboozle the rest of your programming and presumably lead to a build up of too many rejected impulses and that tends to lead to struggle and pain and going back to the same thing you've always done. So you need to proactively and earnestly and boldly try something else and new. Whether that is therapy or some other self-help paradigm is beyond me.

But another piece of generic wisdom from me is this: to change your character requires first hand witnessing somebody else doing what you wish you could. It takes inspiration from another person and preferably someone just enough like you but a little better. That's a needle in a haystack but it happens if you can find it and it's well worth it to chase that person and show enough vulnerability to open up the possibility of learning from them.

I think sometimes people are duped into believing they've "done it all by themselves" by simply forgetting their initial inspiration, whether it was their parents from an age before memories even form or a casual acquaintance you never even thought about much because they were on the periphery but who you still secretly (even to yourself!) admired. Pride is still pride and no one is without it and it's not a bad thing, but it's got this paradoxical quality where it's most powerful in minuscule amounts.

Best of luck!

Axe
05-27-2020, 07:09 PM
The freedom that members enjoy here is something that you barely see in other forums.

RidonKs
05-27-2020, 07:16 PM
Just thought of something else that might work for you as a different frame: Would you be so quick to correct and judge children?

If you already believe that a lot of people are walking around in varying stages of arrested development but nevertheless appearing in virtually identical adult bodies, then that might work. If you think instead that people are genetically determined to reach whichever apex of personal development they end up at, then it probably won't work.

ThatCoolKid
05-27-2020, 07:19 PM
The freedom that members enjoy here is something that you barely see in other forums.

This is true. Not sure if its a good thing, though.

Hawker
05-27-2020, 07:31 PM

Of course you would think freedom is bad.

Norcaliblunt
05-27-2020, 08:29 PM
Of course you would think freedom is bad.

Since when have you had a problem with artificial boundaries and policing who can be let into certain places? Lol.

RRR3
05-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Since when have you had a problem with artificial boundaries and policing who can be let into certain places? Lol.
:eek:

Hawker
05-27-2020, 08:59 PM

Since the time when land stopped being privatized and welfare existed. Do you know what a nation state is?

Axe
05-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Well, if you're a troll, you should already know what's the best for you.

MrFonzworth
05-27-2020, 09:20 PM
You need a woman. You're like 6'8, it can't be that hard.

Im Still Ballin
05-27-2020, 09:53 PM
You have a glaring superiority complex.

Humble yourself.

Norcaliblunt
05-28-2020, 08:15 AM
Since the time when land stopped being privatized and welfare existed. Do you know what a nation state is?

Oh so finally you admit you’re a statist and hate freedom.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2020, 12:13 PM
I think its normal.

I feel the same.

Especially when there is major bullshit going on which is left COMPLETELY unchecked.

Go to twitter and you will see millions of racist black folks celebrating beatings or suffering of white people and its so wrong, so not adressed, and just shows how off people's mindsets are in this whole thing.

People's eyes need to be opened.

Thats how I feel.

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-28-2020, 12:36 PM
What you're talking about is a virtuous trait, IMO.

We all flawed mortals need correction, reformation, criticism, feedback from time to time.

Actually the moral fabric of our society depends upon people who are willing to stand up against evil/falsehood and proclaim good/Truth.