PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing video shows unarmed man begging before fatal police shooting

jongib369
05-27-2020, 03:00 PM
https://youtu.be/OflGwyWcft8

"In disturbing 2016 body-cam video released by Mesa Police, unarmed man Daniel Shaver is seen crawling and begging before former officer Philip Brailsford fatally shoots him in a Mesa hotel. Brailsford, who was acquitted of murder Dec. 7, said he thought Shaver was reaching for a gun."

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2020, 03:04 PM
Lets see if the “it’s about race!” brigade shows up.

Phong
05-27-2020, 03:10 PM
Why is the video cut short? At some point he stopped crawling, kneeled up and reached for his waist and got shot.. he wasn't reaching for a gun but the idiot was trying to pull his saggy shorts up.

DoctorP
05-27-2020, 03:10 PM
dead

Lebron23
05-27-2020, 10:42 PM
Bunch of crazy and psychotic police officers in the US.

Axe
05-27-2020, 10:48 PM
Damn uncle sam

SouBeachTalents
05-27-2020, 11:32 PM
Here's the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc&bpctr=1590638453

That's straight up murder

highwhey
05-28-2020, 12:49 AM
he had a slogan on hnis rifle didn't he? something along the lines of "get fvcked"

this cop is no longer with the department but he never faced any jail time and is receiving benefits+pension for LIFE from his former department.

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:02 AM
Don't reach for the small of your back and you won't get shot. The girl didn't, she was fine. The cop told him many times and he still did it.

Walk on Water
05-28-2020, 01:13 AM
Don't reach for the small of your back and you won't get shot. The girl didn't, she was fine. The cop told him many times and he still did it.

He didn’t reach, he lost his balance.

highwhey
05-28-2020, 01:15 AM

how stupid are you?

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:19 AM
He didn’t reach, he lost his balance. He lost his balance while on all fours.. lost his balance and instead of catching himself with his hands flat on the ground, he puts one on his back. Ok..

Watched the video again.. 4:26.. never lost his balance. He brought his right arm back behind his back, got shot and slumped forward.

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:19 AM
how stupid are you?A thousand times less than you, Porky.

Monta Ellis MVP
05-28-2020, 01:20 AM
how stupid are you?

He has a lot of savage jungle blood running through his veins. It makes it difficult for him to function normally in our society.

PistolPete
05-28-2020, 01:23 AM
Is this CGI? This video can't be real. The victim is....White!

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:26 AM
He has a lot of savage jungle blood running through his veins. It makes it difficult for him to function normally in our society. Funny. I haven't been shot. I haven't been arrested. Nor have I had any unpleasant interactions with the police. I must be doing something wrong. :lol

ThatCoolKid
05-28-2020, 01:29 AM
Funny. I haven't been shot. I haven't been arrested. Nor have I had any unpleasant interactions with the police. I must be doing something wrong. :lol

You're a sheltered white/asian boy who doesn't go outside. Have you lost your virginity yet? :lol

highwhey
05-28-2020, 01:39 AM
You're a sheltered white/asian boy who doesn't go outside. Have you lost your virginity yet? :lol

:roll:

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:42 AM
If believing that makes your feel less butthurt, sure. Like that's supposed to upset me lol

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:45 AM
:roll:Fatass who has to pay hookers to get laid and came to ISH all excited after a girl talked to him at a club. :roll:

highwhey
05-28-2020, 01:48 AM
Fatass who has to pay hookers to get laid and came to ISH all excited after a girl talked to him at a club. :roll:

oh i got under ur skin now :roll:

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:52 AM
oh i got under ur skin now :roll:

Nope. Just showing you that while you have to make things up about me, I don't have to for you. :cheers:

highwhey
05-28-2020, 02:03 AM
Nope. Just showing you that while you have to make things up about me, I don't have to for you. :cheers:
meltdown

imdaman99
05-28-2020, 02:14 AM
Here's the full video

Holy shit :biggums: what the hell do these fking lunatics look like? Killing someone because they could not keep their balance? Yeah no shit you pointing a gun at him is gonna make him nervous. This shit was disgusting to watch.

jongib369
05-28-2020, 02:17 AM
Why is the video cut short? At some point he stopped crawling, kneeled up and reached for his waist and got shot.. he wasn't reaching for a gun but the idiot was trying to pull his saggy shorts up.

I don't disagree he shouldn't have done that...But I think it's fairly obvious the terrified frame of mind he was in, ever have your mind jumbled to that degree and make a mistake? He was very emotional, apologetic, and even tried to show respect by saying "yes sir" etc. My uncle is a cop, I know how they have to be on their toes because things can go wrong in less than a second (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SsIZbkQGQ). But if you can't see that the officer failed to accurately access/handle that situation there's probably not much room for discussion. He could have definitely handled it b better, but he was acquitted so it is what it is.

bladefd
05-28-2020, 02:20 AM
Here's the full video

That cop clearly made a judgment error. Massive judgment error. Definitely should be considered murder without intent. He needs to be dishonorably discharged with no benefits and face discipline of some sort.

Since there were two cops, they should have told the guy to crawl on his belly towards them as they covered him. It is difficult to crawl on your knees like that with both arms completely raised in the air. You can also tell that kid is not in good physical shape to crawl that far in that way. The cop is a moron for not realizing what he is asking the guy to do and he is too quick to the trigger. Horrendous cop.

jongib369
05-28-2020, 02:21 AM
Holy shit :biggums: what the hell do these fking lunatics look like? Killing someone because they could not keep their balance? Yeah no shit you pointing a gun at him is gonna make him nervous. This shit was disgusting to watch.

He was likely trying to pull up his pants instinctively in the heat of the moment. The way he was crawling was making his pants go down, had I been in that frame of mind/situation I very well could've made the same mistake.

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2020, 02:28 AM
We had a thread on this already...

I wrote a pretty extensive comment on all the things wrong with it.

One of the most disgusting things seen.

And the killer got no jail time

ArbitraryWater
05-28-2020, 02:30 AM

He is under enormous pressure, obviously he cant think straight anymore. He posed no threat at all.

Are you dumb?

Phong
05-28-2020, 02:37 AM
He is under enormous pressure, obviously he cant think straight anymore. He posed no threat at all.

Are you dumb?He was told multiple times not to reach behind his back. He had plenty of time to listen to the set of instructions when they were given to the girl first. Then those same instructions were given to him. He just had to do the same. It doesn't require a lot of mental acuity to crawl on all fours like a dog without reaching behind your back.

Phong
05-28-2020, 02:40 AM
That cop clearly made a judgment error. Massive judgment error. Definitely should be considered murder without intent. He needs to be dishonorably discharged with no benefits and face discipline of some sort.

Since there were two cops, they should have told the guy to crawl on his belly towards them as they covered him. It is difficult to crawl on your knees like that with both arms completely raised in the air. You can also tell that kid is not in good physical shape to crawl that far in that way. The cop is a moron for not realizing what he is asking the guy to do and he is too quick to the trigger. Horrendous cop. They actually gave him a pass. The girls crawled with her hands up. He was allowed to crawl on all fours.

ZenMaster
05-28-2020, 08:06 AM
I don't disagree he shouldn't have done that...But I think it's fairly obvious the terrified frame of mind he was in, ever have your mind jumbled to that degree and make a mistake? He was very emotional, apologetic, and even tried to show respect by saying "yes sir" etc. My uncle is a cop, I know how they have to be on their toes because things can go wrong in less than a second (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SsIZbkQGQ). But if you can't see that the officer failed to accurately access/handle that situation there's probably not much room for discussion. He could have definitely handled it b better, but he was acquitted so it is what it is.

Totally agree. Also, I don't understand why they need to make him crawl to begin with, what is it that makes it so the cop can't go forward and put cuffs on him while he's laying on the ground with his arms stretched out forward.

MMM
05-28-2020, 09:10 AM
This cop was tripping out. He was so shook he couldn't access a hotel room. He was shaky even before he killed the guy with his convoluted instructions.

Phong
05-28-2020, 10:55 AM
Convoluted: complex and difficult to follow

Hands in the air.. move forward on your knees..

JohnnySic
05-28-2020, 12:17 PM
That cop is an idiot. He should be hanged.

n00bie
05-28-2020, 12:22 PM
Convoluted: complex and difficult to follow

Hands in the air.. move forward on your knees..

You know how hard it is to move forward with arms straight up, on your knees, while crossing your legs.. while being drunk and scared to death?

n00bie
05-28-2020, 12:23 PM

Instead he filed for disability because he was traumatized for murdering the kid. Hes at home living off tax payers.

Phong
05-28-2020, 12:28 PM
You know how hard it is to move forward with arms straight up, on your knees, while crossing your legs.. while being drunk and scared to death? The girl managed to do it just fine 30 seconds before. Furthermore, he didn't have his hands up in the air nor did he cross his legs. He dropped and crawled on all fours.

SouBeachTalents
05-28-2020, 12:33 PM
Just for some background, from the information I found out about the situation

The cops were responding to a report that a man with a gun was in the hotel. The suspect had an air rifle that someone had seen him with through his hotel window

Six officers approached the room, several of them armed, including the shooter with an AR-15

The one barking orders was actually the sargent, not the one who pulled the trigger. I think the majority of people assumed like I did that he was the shooter

The suspect was drunk, apparently 3x over the legal limit to drive

In the aftermath, the sargent moved to the Philippines a couple months after the incident took place. At his trial the shooter was found not guilty of 2nd degree murder, and was eventually given a pension where he receives $2500 a month due to his claim of PTSD from the incident

Pointguard
05-28-2020, 12:41 PM

Since there were two cops, they should have told the guy to crawl on his belly towards them as they covered him. It is difficult to crawl on your knees like that with both arms completely raised in the air. You can also tell that kid is not in good physical shape to crawl that far in that way. The cop is a moron for not realizing what he is asking the guy to do and he is too quick to the trigger. Horrendous cop.
Yes. The presence of the second cop meant he could have searched him while laying on his stomach. That crawling nonsense was ridiculous. Was the call in for a militia group??? Cop was too scared, too power hungry he said a lot of unnecessary shat. The other cop was calmer and should have had the gun. But the shooter should have never been police and killed that boy.

Phong
05-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Yes. The presence of the second cop meant he could have searched him while laying on his stomach. That crawling nonsense was ridiculous. Was the call in for a militia group??? Cop was too scared, too power hungry he said a lot of unnecessary shat. The other cop was calmer and should have had the gun. But the shooter should have never been police and killed that boy. The deceased had a scoped rifle that he pointed out of his hotel window. It was a pellet rifle he used to exterminate vermine.

Pointguard
05-28-2020, 12:49 PM

The cops were responding to a report that a man with a gun was in the hotel. The suspect had an air rifle that someone had seen him with through his hotel window

Six officers approached the room, several of them armed, including the shooter with an AR-15

The one barking orders was actually the sargent, not the one who pulled the trigger. I think the majority of people assumed like I did that he was the shooter

In the aftermath, the sargent moved to the Philippines a couple months after the incident took place. At his trial the shooter was found not guilty of 2nd degree murder, and was eventually given a pension where he receives $2500 a month due to his claim of PTSD from the incident

The orders were profoundly stupid for a six man operation.

Pointguard
05-28-2020, 12:56 PM
The deceased had a scoped rifle that he pointed out of his hotel window. It was a pellet rifle he used to exterminate vermine.

I thought he was just a guy caught in the cross fire. Which really made me crazy. Boy didn't have to die, though.

highwhey
05-28-2020, 01:06 PM
phong the ultimate simp bootlicker. probably a security guard at his local mall that wishes he could be a cop but he's even too stupid to be accepted into the academy, and they accept D grade students.

Phong
05-28-2020, 01:21 PM
phong the ultimate simp bootlicker. probably a security guard at his local mall that wishes he could be a cop but he's even too stupid to be accepted into the academy, and they accept D grade students.
Awww you're so triggered. :(

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 04:36 PM
Civil unrest in America. Goes to show you how shitty American leadership is. Change is needed before anything can move forward in this country.

brownmamba00
05-28-2020, 05:33 PM
There are plenty of morons dressed in police uniforms like that guy. Poor kid was shitting his pants.

And they actually gave him a pass?

bladefd
05-28-2020, 06:12 PM
They actually gave him a pass. The girls crawled with her hands up. He was allowed to crawl on all fours.

Maybe he had a lot more to drink? Maybe his pant was coming down. They should have just had him crawl on his belly. You cannot reach for a gun while crawling on your belly.

They also should have told him to stop when he bought his right hand back rather than shoot. Can you imagine how long it would take for him to get a gun out in that position at that close range, aim and shoot the officers? By the time he gets the gun out to aim, they would know he was reaching for a gun and shoot. Instead he shoots as the hand goes back.

That cop had no business being a cop. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes times of crisis to find out who the sh!tty cops are. I don't think anyone should be defending that cop. Why would anyone even want that guy as a cop?

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 06:19 PM
Civil unrest in America. Goes to show you how shitty American leadership is. Change is needed before anything can move forward in this country.

Jeff.

This account is a bot.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 06:24 PM

Imagine if the air rifle that had been reported was a real rifle, and the police had strolled up on fleek and been like "hey fellas, how yall doin? mind if we ask you a few Q's? Iss okay if you dont wanna." And then the guy ends up slipping away and actually killing innocent randoms.

Then there would be an equal amount of police condemnation from the exact same people.

Sometimes folks who play stupid games win stupid prizes. It's unfortunate that there are times when the prize ends up disproportionately worse than they deserved.

But das life mane.

There is a segment of Karens who always need things to complain about though, and police, white people, republicans, christians, anything seen as traditional/establishment, are their de factor targets.

ThatCoolKid
05-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Imagine if the air rifle that had been reported was a real rifle, and the police had strolled up on fleek and been like "hey fellas, how yall doin? mind if we ask you a few Q's? Iss okay if you dont wanna." And then the guy ends up slipping away and actually killing innocent randoms.

Then there would be an equal amount of police condemnation from the exact same people.

Sometimes folks who play stupid games win stupid prizes. It's unfortunate that there are times when the prize ends up disproportionately worse than they deserved.

But das life mane.

There is a segment of Karens who always need things to complain about though, and police, white people, republicans, christians, anything seen as traditional/establishment, are their de factor targets.

Guy gets shot for no reason.

"But what if he had actually done something wrong? Then the cops would have had a reason for shooting him! Das life mane."

-Resident Boy Genius FultzNationRISE

Levity
05-28-2020, 06:46 PM

oh shit. so theoretically, a lot of lives were saved that fateful night.

Overdrive
05-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Ironic that the same guys who love the 2nd amendment so much, because it keeps the powers to be in check also defend cops when they shoot innocent people down, since they suspect anyone to wear a gun, because of that very same amendment.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 06:52 PM
oh shit. so theoretically, a lot of lives were saved that fateful night.

You tell me.

Because youre someone people often look to for meaningful insights.

So Id love to hear you drop some knowl.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Ironic that the same guys who love the 2nd amendment so much, because it keeps the powers to be in check also defend cops when they shoot innocent people down, since they suspect anyone to wear a gun, because of that very same amendment.

They showed up to his home where he had the gun?

Or was it a hotel, which is an entirely different circumstance?

Let me know.

Overdrive
05-28-2020, 06:58 PM
They showed up to his home where he had the gun?

Or was it a hotel, which is an entirely different circumstance?

Let me know.

How does this contradict my statement?

Levity
05-28-2020, 06:58 PM
You tell me.

Because youre someone people often look to for meaningful insights.

So Id love to hear you drop some knowl.

I am truly humbled by your kind words. but let's be real, youre the resident genius. i look to you advice because your insight is vastly superior to mine. and if im being completey honest, im kind of jealous of you and your charm.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 07:13 PM
I am truly humbled by your kind words. but let's be real, youre the resident genius. i look to you advice because your insight is vastly superior to mine. and if im being completey honest, im kind of jealous of you and your charm.

Your honesty is refreshing.

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 07:23 PM
How does this contradict my statement?

The police were called to a public hotel to check on a reported safety issue that could affect other citizens. They dont know whats going on before they get there. They didnt decide on their own to show up at some guy’s house and harrass him. Their job is to respond to a call and see what’s up. Theyre not omniscient. So they show up, attempt to do a basic inquiry and make sure everything is okay, and a drunken skunk who, to their knowledge, may have any number of real live weapons on him, is doing silly bear crawls and shit. Thats a tough spot.

People act like police are just walking up to folks on their day off, in plain clothes, killing them and then skating free.

When youre on duty, responding to potentially life threatening crisis after crisis, day after day, with a whole spectrum of unpredictable jokers and roughnecks possibly waiting to harm you, you get a little more leeway in how you respond. Thats the unavoidable truth, or else nobody will become a police officer and we will be MUCH worse off.

It’s not an infinite amount of leeway, but definitely MORE leeway.

Doesnt matter if a suspect is black, white, whatever. It’s the way it is. Not always pretty and not always perfect, but das life.

Im sorry if that upsets you.

Overdrive
05-28-2020, 07:51 PM
The police were called to a public hotel to check on a reported safety issue that could affect other citizens. They dont know whats going on before they get there. They didnt decide on their own to show up at some guy’s house and harrass him. Their job is to respond to a call and see what’s up. Theyre not omniscient. So they show up, attempt to do a basic inquiry and make sure everything is okay, and a drunken skunk who, to their knowledge, may have any number of real live weapons on him, is doing silly bear crawls and shit. Thats a tough spot.

People act like police are just walking up to folks on their day off, in plain clothes, killing them and then skating free.

When youre on duty, responding to potentially life threatening crisis after crisis, day after day, with a whole spectrum of unpredictable jokers and roughnecks possibly waiting to harm you, you get a little more leeway in how you respond. Thats the unavoidable truth, or else nobody will become a police officer and we will be MUCH worse off.

It’s not an infinite amount of leeway, but definitely MORE leeway.

Doesnt matter if a suspect is black, white, whatever. It’s the way it is. Not always pretty and not always perfect, but das life.

Im sorry if that upsets you.

How does all of this contradict my statement?

Axe
05-28-2020, 07:52 PM
He should go to hell for doing such atrocious deed

FultzNationRISE
05-28-2020, 07:53 PM
How does all of this contradict my statement?

You implied that supporting the second amendment somehow conflicts with the idea of expecting people to interact maturely with police, or risk serious consequences.

It doesnt.

:confusedshrug:

RRR3
05-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Typical cops. They get away with this shit so often.

Im Still Ballin
05-28-2020, 08:15 PM
I'm fuming right now.

How can they do this?

Lebron23
05-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Some Cops in the states are power tripping A$$clowns.

LostCause
05-28-2020, 10:08 PM
Why is this posted again? There were like 4 threads on this and the acquittal of the officer when it was relevant

It sucks

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?470702-Cop-gets-2-500-for-PTSD-monthly-for-the-rest-of-his-life-For-killing-unarmed-man

Overdrive
05-29-2020, 06:00 AM
You implied that supporting the second amendment somehow conflicts with the idea of expecting people to interact maturely with police, or risk serious consequences.

It doesnt.

:confusedshrug:

No, that's what you got from it. Reveals more about yourself than me.

Monta Ellis MVP
05-29-2020, 08:46 AM

Are you Asian?

Overdrive
05-29-2020, 08:50 AM
Are you Asian?

No, I'm a nigerian prince.