PDA

View Full Version : Gary Payton: Jordan had better coach and gm than LeBron.

Lebron23
05-28-2020, 02:40 PM
I have to agree with the Glove.

Roundball_Rock
05-28-2020, 02:45 PM
It isn't even close for the coaches. For GM's Riley is a HOF GM, Griffin good but Ferry was terrible. Krause is a GM on par with Riley.

Bronbron23
05-28-2020, 03:20 PM
I have to agree with the Glove.

True but not sure how mj putting his ego and aside and listening to someone else on how to win is a negative. Remember mj wanted to play a ball dominant style like lebron. It took some convincing for mj to let that go. Could lebron do that? He kind of did in in miami but he reportedly didn't like i5 and he left after only 4 years. Lebron could of went somewhere with a grea4 coach. He could of went to spurs with pop. He didn't want to though. He wants the stats. He wants the ball in his hands. This isnt a good argument for lebron tbh

Turbo Slayer
05-28-2020, 03:22 PM
Pretty damn obvious that Jordan played with a better coach, Phil Jackson (Imo a bit overrated by some) and played with a better office. No need to repeat monotonous things that have been said over and over.

End thread.

dreamshake
05-28-2020, 03:25 PM
It isn't even close for the coaches. For GM's Riley is a HOF GM, Griffin good but Ferry was terrible. Krause is a GM on par with Riley.

Wrong. Lebron is the GM and coach.

HBK_Kliq_2
05-28-2020, 03:51 PM
Only his Cavs runs. Pat Riley\Spoelstra is comparable to Krause\Phil

Cyrus334
05-28-2020, 05:37 PM
Yes, that's something most people are aware of.

What does that have to do with anything?

Axe
05-28-2020, 08:01 PM
Wrong. Lebron is the GM and coach.
Ty lue:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRY8z3NytlnheFnWxli2jGtoVRrFoy B4ECLIBeAYPCmN0BRHo2F&usqp=CAU

light
05-28-2020, 08:17 PM

If only he was drafted by a great GM instead of Jim Paxson.

But Riley is not exactly on par with Krause, imo. He's a step below.

Krause hand picked Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Kukoc, Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, etc.

Who is the best player Riley has ever drafted? Wade, 17 years ago. Who else?

totti950
05-28-2020, 11:09 PM
Ty lue:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRY8z3NytlnheFnWxli2jGtoVRrFoy B4ECLIBeAYPCmN0BRHo2F&usqp=CAU

Omg haha @ this pic

I agree with Payton as well, if Lebron had a better coach as well as a supporting cast he would probably have more rings.

andgar923
05-28-2020, 11:19 PM
So what I get is Bron doesn't just not make his teammates better, he can't make organizations nor coaches better.

Meanwhile, MJ turns a hippy coach from a Puerto Rican league into a HOF coach.
He turns someone that believed Stacy King was the future of the league into a great GM.

MJ made not just players great, but coaches and entire organizations.

That's GOAT shit.:pimp:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-28-2020, 11:30 PM
So what I get is Bron doesn't just not make his teammates better, he can't make organizations nor coaches better.

He turns someone that believed Stacy King was the future of the league into a great GM.

If Mike turned Phil into a HOF coach and champion, what happened with Doug Collins? That omnipotence needed more refining? lol

Axe
05-28-2020, 11:36 PM
Omg haha @ this pic
F*ck that face. :oldlol:

I so do even wonder how this wimp just ended up being the hc of the cavs for two and a half seasons in the first place.

WhiteKyrie
05-28-2020, 11:39 PM
If Mike turned Phil into a HOF coach and champion, what happened with Doug Collins? That omnipotence needed more refining? lol

Collins is a really good coach though

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-28-2020, 11:40 PM
Collins is a really good coach though

I think so too. I'm only joking with Andgar.

nayte
05-29-2020, 06:39 AM
Coach yeah. Riley is right up there with west for gm's of all time so not sure about that

deathawaitu
05-29-2020, 08:34 AM
Not Jordan's problem that Lebron is a moron who can't coach and pick his team correctly

FireDavidKahn
05-29-2020, 08:41 AM
Is this even up for dispute?

LeBron had an abysmal FO until he landed in Miami.

FireDavidKahn
05-29-2020, 08:45 AM

This is dumb. Spoelstra may have been a "raw" coach in the beginning but even after LeBron left Spoelstra is proving to be a really, really good coach. He isn't a "tier 1" coach but he absolutely fits into the tier 2 of coaches in the league.

guy
05-29-2020, 08:59 AM
If only he was drafted by a great GM instead of Jim Paxson.

But Riley is not exactly on par with Krause, imo. He's a step below.

Krause hand picked Jordan, Pippen, Grant, Kukoc, Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, etc.

Who is the best player Riley has ever drafted? Wade, 17 years ago. Who else?

Krause didn’t draft Jordan. Grant and Kukoc are nothing special. Krause should get a lot of credit for Tex, Phil, Pippen and having the foresight to get Rodman, but a lot of that is taken away by how much he turned off the players and eventually broke up the team.

Pat Riley drafted Wade, traded for Zo, traded for Hardaway, traded for Shaq, and had the foresight the completely clear the cap to sign the big 3. He’s easily on the same tier as Krause if not better.

Nikola_
05-29-2020, 09:35 AM
LeBaron IS basically GM and coach to his own detriment

Axe
05-29-2020, 08:46 PM
This is dumb. Spoelstra may have been a "raw" coach in the beginning but even after LeBron left Spoelstra is proving to be a really, really good coach. He isn't a "tier 1" coach but he absolutely fits into the tier 2 of coaches in the league.
Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the retarded ty lue.

SATAN
05-29-2020, 11:30 PM
Stating the obvious. Why is this even being argued?