PDA

View Full Version : Wilt 50+ point games in career

DaRkJaWs
05-28-2020, 06:26 PM
A few years back I actually went and counted all of Wilts 50 point games and noticed they incorrectly counted it. I recall counting 130 games INCLUDING PLAYOFFS (which is what they did for the other players), but the media and basketball reference IS STILL SAYING IT WAS ONLY 118. Someone find me all the 50 point games as I couldn't recall where I went and looked before. We need both bball reference and media to start saying the correct number.

DaRkJaWs
05-28-2020, 06:39 PM
I just realized that I may have gotten it from Harvey Pollack's annual statistical book, which was no longer published a few year prior to his dead. NBA.com no longer has a functioning link to the pdf. can someone find it? I can't seem to.

Turbo Slayer
05-28-2020, 07:10 PM
I counted 120 games of 50+ points. I may have miscounted it but Basketball Reference is correct. It may have been 118 games.

I may have miscounted it but oh well.

Holy shit. Wilt was a beast back in the day.

light
05-28-2020, 07:37 PM
A few years back I actually went and counted all of Wilts 50 point games and noticed they incorrectly counted it. I recall counting 130 games INCLUDING PLAYOFFS (which is what they did for the other players), but the media and basketball reference IS STILL SAYING IT WAS ONLY 118. Someone find me all the 50 point games as I couldn't recall where I went and looked before. We need both bball reference and media to start saying the correct number.

https://s7.gifyu.com/images/wilt-50-pt-games.png

Where did you get the extra 8 games from to come up with 130?

Monta Ellis MVP
05-29-2020, 08:57 AM

Thank you DarkJaws. We like your posting about Wilt.