PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's best friend (Carmelo) 'We all know MJ is the GOAT'

jstern
05-30-2020, 02:48 PM
LeShannon Sharpe reacts. And like a typical person whose hurt, he starts going into totally different reasons as to why Carmelo said such a thing. At first it's, that's his boy, it's hard to see one of the boys as the greatest of all time. And then it's not because that's his boy, but because Carmelo is jealous of Lebron.

He's just throwing things out into the air, because he doesn't care about the truth, he just wants his position to be right. I see it all the time on ISH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnc2sNx1gzQ

Carmelo. Another one.

I think that by "We" Carmelo means his whole crew. From Lebron, to Wade, Chris Paul. They all think Jordan is the GOAT.

Phoenix
05-30-2020, 02:51 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WavySmugHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2020, 02:59 PM
I think that by "We" Carmelo means his whole crew. From Lebron, to Wade, Chris Paul. They all think Jordan is the GOAT.

That‘s cute

light
05-30-2020, 03:08 PM
Jordan's best friend Charles Oakley:

"Everyone says Michael’s greatest. But LeBron is a better athlete, and he can do more than Michael on the basketball court."

You know how it goes with some friends - some kiss your butt, some are honest with you, and some are actually frenemies.

https://s6.gifyu.com/images/separator-light1378072ed9159071.gif

Some of Bron's other BFFs have already come out and called him GOAT - Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye - and both of them are more intelligent than Carmelo, don't you think?

jstern
05-30-2020, 03:38 PM

"Everyone says Michael’s greatest. But LeBron is a better athlete, and he can do more than Michael on the basketball court."

You know how it goes with some friends - some kiss your butt, some are honest with you, and some are actually frenemies.

Some of Bron's other BFFs have already come out and called him GOAT - Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye - and both of them are more intelligent than Carmelo, don't you think?

Yeah, that was from 2013, when Lebron was at the top of the world, and the hype was at its highests. Here's are other parts of that quote.

"I wouldn’t put [James and Jordan] in the same conversation."

"It took a while for Michael to win championships too, but they have a different swagger, a different demeanor. If I would compare anybody to Michael Jordan, it would be Kobe Bryant. Point blank. I know LeBron well; he don’t have what Michael have so I’m not even gonna discuss that one."

"To be a superstar [LeBron] has to go back to his fundamentals… work on his post game, work off the ball."

What Oakley means by Lebron can do more is based simply on Lebron's ability to accumulate stats, at the expense of his teammates. Which automatically causes people to think that Lebron is doing it all, Lebron Ball. When in reality his team would be better off if he didn't hold the ball for so long, played off the ball, allowing his teammates to be better able to play to their own strength, rather than things going down hill when the main piece of Lebron ball sits down on the bench. And then it's like, "Omg, they can't do anything when Lebron sits."

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that was from 2013, when Lebron was at the top of the world, and the hype was at its highests. Here's are other parts of that quote.

What Oakley means by Lebron can do more is based simply on Lebron's ability to accumulate stats, at the expense of his teammates. Which automatically causes people to think that Lebron is doing it all, Lebron Ball. When in reality his team would be better off if he didn't hold the ball for so long, played off the ball, allowing his teammates to be better able to play to their own strength, rather than things going down hill when the main piece of Lebron ball sits down on the bench. And then it's like, "Omg, they can't do anything when Lebron sits."

because LeBron holds the ball too long when on the court?

Lmao, get outta here, softie.

LAmbruh
05-30-2020, 03:45 PM

ouch :applause:

dbugz
05-30-2020, 03:55 PM
even lequit's bestfriend? :hammertime:

time to stop being delusional libron's fans.

come back to reality.

MJ is the GOAT. Deal with it!

jstern
05-30-2020, 03:56 PM
because LeBron holds the ball too long when on the court?

Lmao, get outta here, softie.

In the Lebron ball system everybody has to adjust to Lebron, they have to be aware of Lebron at all times. I forgot which teammate said it. And no he didn't use the term Lebron Ball. Such a style is going to get you a lot of wins, and even get you to the Finals a bunch of times when playing in the weakest conference in sports history. It's very effective because Lebron is good at what he does, but it's very flawed, it's just not going to translate to a sub .500 Finals record. And the Finals victories that you did get where due to what can be described as lucky circumstances.

When Lebron sits, the team goes to...

Compared that to a Jordan style player, who has the ability to play to their teammates strength. Where someone like Scottie Pippen averages similar numbers to when Jordan is not playing and when he does. Such a player who plays at that high of a level is just going to win more often than not.

Lets say Jordan and Lebron are equally as good. Lebron ball will equal sub .500 Finals record, Jordan's style will equal greater than .500 Finals record.

The Lebron ball systems in a sense steals stats from Lebron teammates. So Lebron averages more assists than Jordan, but his teams are rarely at the top of the league in assists, while Jordan led team are always closer to the top.

dbugz
05-30-2020, 03:58 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/d3109fa96e6d888dc047e3787fa5b282/tenor.gif

delusional libron fans nowhere to be found.

Docs Orders
05-30-2020, 04:00 PM

caught another body :cheers:

ELITEpower23
05-30-2020, 04:07 PM

Issa wrap

Big wrap

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2020, 04:17 PM
In the Lebron ball system everybody has to adjust to Lebron, they have to be aware of Lebron at all times. I forgot which teammate said it. And no he didn't use the term Lebron Ball. Such a style is going to get you a lot of wins, and even get you to the Finals a bunch of times when playing in the weakest conference in sports history. It's very effective because Lebron is good at what he does, but it's very flawed, it's just not going to translate to a sub .500 Finals record. And the Finals victories that you did get where due to what can be described as lucky circumstances.

When Lebron sits, the team goes to...

Compared that to a Jordan style player, who has the ability to play to their teammates strength. Where someone like Scottie Pippen averages similar numbers to when Jordan is not playing and when he does. Such a player who plays at that high of a level is just going to win more often than not.

Lets say Jordan and Lebron are equally as good. Lebron ball will equal sub .500 Finals record, Jordan's style will equal greater than .500 Finals record.

The Lebron ball systems in a sense steals stats from Lebron teammates. So Lebron averages more assists than Jordan, but his teams are rarely at the top of the league in assists, while Jordan led team are always closer to the top.

This is what happens when you get your basketball education from 3ball.

theman93
05-30-2020, 04:45 PM
Decimated.

Am I doing it right?

Run DLC
05-30-2020, 05:10 PM
He said one thing right. Melo low-key is jealous of LeBron.

MrFonzworth
05-30-2020, 05:44 PM

Wasn't this dude normal at one point? Imagine getting mind****ed down to snaggletooth status:oldlol:

dbugz
05-30-2020, 05:59 PM
Wasn't this dude normal at one point? Imagine getting mind****ed down to snaggletooth status:oldlol:

https://media.tenor.com/images/45864b0fab6b90a84605ffbb610f6944/tenor.gif

Axe
05-30-2020, 06:28 PM
Lol jordan is too selfish in the finals

That's why a lot of other stans berate him for that

LostCause
05-30-2020, 08:22 PM
LeBrons ACTUAL best friend, Mav Carter, also recently said MJ is the GOAT

So.... is it really knows that Melo said it too? It’s funny Sharpe melting down though lmao

AlternativeAcc.
05-30-2020, 08:44 PM
What did Madonna say about Jordan? She has more credibility than Melo whom nobody respects or takes seriously.

The desperation from the Baldan cult is reaching new embarrasing heights :oldlol:

:hammertime::djparty

RRR3
05-30-2020, 08:59 PM

Who the hell is Libron?

Are you retarded?

RRR3
05-30-2020, 09:11 PM
Also LeBron’s best friend is Wade.

Lion's pride
05-30-2020, 11:21 PM
Melo may also be mad at Lebron when Melo had no team and Lebron and the LAL signed J Dudley instead.. best friends don't always stay that way../ Look at Jordan and Barkley.

jstern
05-30-2020, 11:45 PM

So.... is it really knows that Melo said it too? It’s funny Sharpe melting down though lmao

This is exactly what I mean by Carmelo saying "We all know MJ is the GOAT." That he's probably talking about the Lebron crew. From Lebron, to Wade, Chris Paul and of course Maverick Carter. They all probably LOL about the subject among themselves. When they get together they're probably like, "Look at this fool Kendrick Perkins saying you're the GOAT. LMAO"

Also LeBron’s best friend is Wade.

Exactly.

FKAri
05-30-2020, 11:48 PM
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of chucking losers.

SATAN
05-31-2020, 12:07 AM
jstern is a terrible poster.

Smoke117
05-31-2020, 12:58 AM
lol Pretty sure his best friend is Wade and than Paul after with Carmelo as a distant 4th. People have their opinions, though. Who cares? The fact of the matter is in our time nobody will ever be considered greater than jordan whether they are or not (Lebron is not, but he's close). Honestly, at this point, the game is changing so much...and in a bad way, I could care less about anything current players do.

3ball
05-31-2020, 01:06 AM
lol Pretty sure his best friend is Wade and than Paul after with Carmelo as a distant 4th. People have their opinions, though. Who cares? The fact of the matter is in our time nobody will ever be considered greater than jordan whether they are or not (Lebron is not, but he's close). Honestly, at this point, the game is changing so much...and in a bad way, I could care less about anything current players do.

Someone will be considered better than jordan when they produce at a higher rate and are equal or better clutch winner...

And obviously take over games BETTER than MJ did... It should be obvious like it was with MJ .. anyone that starts a "debate" will fall short.. it must be obvious next-level skill and domination that we hadn't previously seen... Simply being big like Shaq or Giannis isn't enough - the superior skill and clutch must be there, and it must be obvious

Unfortunately, Lebron produces at a lower rate and is a choking loser compared to MJ

No need to reach... someone will come along that can beat MJ at the basic things that goat requires - aka production rate (stats) and winning (clutch rep), and an obviously-superior repertoire like when MJ landed in the league... It should be OBVIOUS

Manny98
05-31-2020, 06:07 AM

And your idols sidekick said that Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT over MJ so who cares

https://youtu.be/QNvJexBARos

Phoenix
05-31-2020, 06:10 AM
And your idols sidekick said that Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT over MJ so who cares

https://youtu.be/QNvJexBARos

Scottie has a new GOAT every week.

knicksman
05-31-2020, 07:11 AM
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of chucking losers.

nah. the reason why he cares about triple doubles coz he cares about the opinions of nerds.

Manny98
05-31-2020, 07:41 AM
Scottie has a new GOAT every week.

Not really, Pip has always had Wilt as the GOAT

3ball
05-31-2020, 09:11 AM
Everyone understands that this lebron "debate" is just for fun and no one is touching jordan's 6 rings and goat production rate

guy
05-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Not really, Pip has always had Wilt as the GOAT

https://youtu.be/dOgwQ5pmSiQ

Pretty clearly says Jordan’s the GOAT here.

Real14
05-31-2020, 12:59 PM
MJ is definitely G.O.A.T. You have to be blind, salty or delusional to think otherwise.

Run DLC
05-31-2020, 01:05 PM
MJ is definitely G.O.A.T. You have to be blind, salty or delusional to think otherwise.

He’s not. Kevin Durant is the real GOAT

Real14
05-31-2020, 01:10 PM
He’s not. Kevin Durant is the real GOAT

How the hell is that?

AlternativeAcc.
05-31-2020, 02:47 PM
Everyone understands that this lebron "debate" is just for fun and no one is touching jordan's 6 rings and goat production rate

But you spend every waking hour defending MJ's honor against LeBron

Everybody understands that Jordan played for the most stacked teams, with the GOAT coach, and played garbage comp. Everybody knows he had less impact than LeBron, Bird, Magic, Shaq and the rest of the all-time big men

He's barely top 10, keep crying

Axe
06-01-2020, 03:31 AM
To avoid goddamn conflicts, kaj should be the goat of them all.

Axe
06-01-2020, 03:32 AM
But you spend every waking hour defending MJ's honor against LeBron

Everybody understands that Jordan played for the most stacked teams, with the GOAT coach, and played garbage comp. Everybody knows he had less impact than LeBron, Bird, Magic, Shaq and the rest of the all-time big men

He's barely top 10, keep crying
Yet baldan never had to hop to any team to recruit stars and form a formidable trio just to be successful in the league.

And saying that he had weak competition would be like saying td and the spurs also had the same thing in the finals from 1999-2007, which also includes the 2007 cavaliers.

RogueBorg
06-01-2020, 10:35 AM
Decimated.

Am I doing it right?

I think you got it bro

Lion's pride
06-01-2020, 07:48 PM
why can no one answer this simple question... how sure are we that there is actually a GOAT??

I mean KAJ-Wilt-Jordan-Bird can be a 4 way tie and dominate differently at an equal value..

just saying..

BigShotBob
06-01-2020, 07:53 PM
why can no one answer this simple question... how sure are we that there is actually a GOAT??

I mean KAJ-Wilt-Jordan-Bird can be a 4 way tie and dominate differently at an equal value..

just saying..

70% of players currently said that MJ's the GOAT.

End of discussion.

Lion's pride
06-01-2020, 07:56 PM
70% of players currently said that MJ's the GOAT.

End of discussion.

I am willing to bet many of those players didn't even play against a prime KAJ, Wilt or Russell and maybe not even in the 80s vs Bird magic etc,, players tend to stick to their ERA.. I never seen an old school player say Jordan.. just saying..

Axe
06-01-2020, 07:58 PM

just saying..
They are great in their own ways..

BigShotBob
06-01-2020, 08:31 PM
I am willing to bet many of those players didn't even play against a prime KAJ, Wilt or Russell and maybe not even in the 80s vs Bird magic etc,, players tend to stick to their ERA.. I never seen an old school player say Jordan.. just saying..

They've all said MJ except for three players off the top of my head (Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Wilt). Maybe add KAJ to that too, but they never played against MJ either so....(except for KAJ).