PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we should have a tournament separate from the championship?

Walk on Water
05-30-2020, 05:14 PM
We already have had an off-season through this covid. Now players need to get back into basketball shape. Are we really just going to rush a playoff run in August through November? We never even finished the regular season and there were no rules set in place for what to do in disasters like this. Can’t just change them as we go.

If we just let this year go, we can start a fresh season on time.

Or better yet, why don’t we just have a tournament for this year and count it as an exhibition or a different title of its own? This is not a legit NBA season.

The whole thing is messed up because we don’t even know if we can have a regular season next year either. The virus is supposed to come back harder in the Fall and all the protests going on now is only going to cause more spikes.

So maybe the best solution is to put the NBA season on hold and just have tournaments that are separate from the NBA Championship.

Phoenix
05-30-2020, 05:24 PM
If a championship isn't on the line I can't imagine the players caring about some tournament that means nothing in the record books.

jstern
05-31-2020, 03:19 AM
If a championship isn't on the line I can't imagine the players caring about some tournament that means nothing in the record books.

Regardless this season is going to have an asterisk. Very unfortunate for Kawhi.

Norcaliblunt
05-31-2020, 04:02 AM
30 team tournament seeded by the standings we have. I’m down.

DoctorP
05-31-2020, 04:07 AM
This isnt a bad idea. Not sure the entitled NBA elite players will go for an exhibition title but maybe if charity/money bonuses are involved like the all-star game it can work.

Walk on Water
05-31-2020, 11:43 PM
Let’s have an honest discussion.

How legit is it to continue the season 4-5 months later? You have had a lay-off as long as an off-season. Many teams won’t even want to play. You still have to get ready for a possible next year with no fans.

This season is over.

Just do a tournament. Exhibition but competitive. You can’t have a legit champ
Anyways. 104,000 corona deaths and now non stop looting. There’s too much going on to have a legit season and playoffs. Just do a tournament.