PDA

View Full Version : Was Tim Duncan ever the best offensive big man in the league?

HBK_Kliq_2
05-30-2020, 06:27 PM
To be considered a GOAT level player, I think you have to at least be considered the best offensive player among your peers. Was Duncan ever the best offensive big man while he was in the league? 2002 and 2003 are the only years he comes close and both years Shaq/Dirk were better. By 2004/2005 his offensive game was getting locked down by Karl Malone and Rasheed Wallace.

This is where Tim Duncan goat argument fails, his offense was just simply not great enough. I'm not even asking Duncan to be the best offensive player in the league. I'm simply asking him to be the best offensive player among big men and he couldn't even do that. While other goat level players like Jordan and LeBron have been the best offensive player in the entire league for 7-8 years. Offense is a HUGE factor for evaluating players, otherwise guys like Pippen/Ewing would be ranked way higher. I guess when you want to be a swimmer all your life, you can't expect to ever be the best offensive big man, let alone goat level.

TAZORAC
05-31-2020, 02:06 PM
No...the SPURS were good teams. Garnett is a better player then Duncan just didn't have the same teams.