PDA

View Full Version : Walt Frazier vs Damian Lillard

Lebron23
05-31-2020, 12:46 AM
Who's the better nba player?. One of the best defensive point guards of all time vs. One of the best scoring guards in today's nba.

bizil
05-31-2020, 01:48 AM
When it comes to combining scoring, passing, and defense as a PACKAGE, Frazier, GP, and CP3 are the best three PG's of all time. For their particular eras, they defined that type of total package at the 1 spot. Frazier and Payton in particular are SO SIMILAR as players. Pretty much the same size, both pass first, both were great scoring PG's, and of course phenomenal defenders.

But Dame Dolla is a beast himself. He's one of the PG's who REALLY defined this Golden Era of PG's. Most of the great ones in this era are score first. But still have elite floor general shit and handles. They think more like an MJ, Kobe, or AI. They just happen to play the PG spot. When we start comparing the great PG's from different eras, it could come down to a matter of taste. Because the MENTALITY of the PG spot has largely changed. Not a BAD THING by the way. Just saying UNLESS u are a student of the game, people don't realize a PG like Frazier ACTUALLY could score ON PAR with the elite scoring perimeter players in the world.

But due to the fact he was pass first, he wasn't averaging 25+PPG from the PG spot. If it was a team like Bron's Lakers, I would take Dame. Because u have a pass first savant in Bron running the PG. Having Dame's sick scoring skillset AND having that score first mentality would fit great. If it was a squad like the Clippers, I would rather have Frazier. Because u have two studs at the SG and SF in PG and Kawhi. Both are great two way players and look to score first. Frazier looked to pass first, would get them EVEN more easier shots, and could amp up his scoring AS MUCH as it needed to be amped up. Great comparison here because u could go either way. Two different style of PG's

Smoke117
05-31-2020, 02:00 AM
When it comes to combining scoring, passing, and defense as a PACKAGE, Frazier, GP, and CP3 are the best three PG's of all time. For their particular eras, they defined that type of total package at the 1 spot. Frazier and Payton in particular are SO SIMILAR as players. Pretty much the same size, both pass first, both were great scoring PG's, and of course phenomenal defenders.

But Dame Dolla is a beast himself. He's one of the PG's who REALLY defined this Golden Era of PG's. Most of the great ones in this era are score first. But still have elite floor general shit and handles. They think more like an MJ, Kobe, or AI. They just happen to play the PG spot. When we start comparing the great PG's from different eras, it could come down to a matter of taste. Because the MENTALITY of the PG spot has largely changed. Not a BAD THING by the way. Just saying UNLESS u are a student of the game, people don't realize a PG like Frazier ACTUALLY could score ON PAR with the elite scoring perimeter players in the world.

But due to the fact he was pass first, he wasn't averaging 25+PPG from the PG spot. If it was a team like Bron's Lakers, I would take Dame. Because u have a pass first savant in Bron running the PG. Having Dame's sick scoring skillset AND having that score first mentality would fit great. If it was a squad like the Clippers, I would rather have Frazier. Because u have two studs at the SG and SF in PG and Kawhi. Both are great two way players and look to score first. Frazier looked to pass first, would get them EVEN more easier shots, and could amp up his scoring AS MUCH as it needed to be amped up. Great comparison here because u could go either way. Two different style of PG's

Did you even watch Walt Frazier play? Because I'm pretty sure you weren't alive and active to witness it to have an opinion. You really talk a lot, though. You should open up an blog for all your nonsense. You are a bot.

SouBeachTalents
05-31-2020, 02:32 AM
Less than 5 posters here have ever watched Walt Frazier play

Phoenix
05-31-2020, 02:36 AM
Less than 5 posters here have ever watched Walt Frazier play

Pretty much. I don't think this is a question that can be answered beyond arguing who was better relative to their era.

Stephonit
05-31-2020, 02:52 AM
Pretty much. I don't think this is a question that can be answered beyond arguing who was better relative to their era.

From my perspective before Magic came along it was Frazier who was the most popular PG. He was a key piece on a championship Knicks team. Let that sink in. Frazier is on a different higher tier from what I can tell.

LoneyROY7
05-31-2020, 02:54 AM
Did you even watch Walt Frazier play? Because I'm pretty sure you weren't alive and active to witness it to have an opinion. You really talk a lot, though. You should open up an blog for all your nonsense. You are a bot.

You're such a grating POS. Jesus.

Lebron23
05-31-2020, 11:40 PM

In fairness to Bizil. He's Insidehoops resident Basketball Historian.

imdaman99
05-31-2020, 11:59 PM
Frazier got the Knicks the chip so he's an immortal here. Dame got the Blazers to the 2nd round a couple times so some people will vote for him.

tpols
06-01-2020, 12:10 AM
Frazier got the Knicks the chip so he's an immortal here. Dame got the Blazers to the 2nd round a couple times so some people will vote for him.

you can thank earl the pearl and willis reed for that.

Turbo Slayer
06-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Walt Frazier. :rockon: A NY legend.