PDA

View Full Version : Start, bench, or cut. Twitter demands an answer.

Kblaze8855
05-31-2020, 08:37 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2005311805590086.jpeg

It’s why “Bench Durant” was trending yesterday. I had to investigate. No matter who people pick to start it seems to involve “bench Durant”.

Proctor
05-31-2020, 10:59 AM
Start Kawhi
Bench Lebron
Cut Giannis and Katie

Real Men Wear Green
05-31-2020, 11:13 AM
If we're only talking one game I'd start Leonard, bench James. But if it's a season I start Giannis and bench James.

Phoenix
05-31-2020, 11:19 AM
So in other words who's the best player, second best, and pick the bones out of the two you send to the bench?

Kblaze8855
05-31-2020, 11:38 AM
Not exactly. I assume people wanted to bench KD for his scoring punch off the bench so maybe they don’t think he’s second best....just the ideal sixth man of the bunch.

tpols
05-31-2020, 11:40 AM
start kawhi, bench durant, cut giannis & lebron

Phoenix
05-31-2020, 11:41 AM
I think it's a situational question. If it's who will carry me for 82 games, I'd start Giannis, bench Lebron. They're the two best floor raisers and send Kawhi( who seems destined to miss 25 games a year) and KD to the bench. If it's game 7 NBA finals I'll start Lebron, bench Kawhi and send KD/Freak cracking. I don't have KD off the bench in either situation interesting enough.

FultzNationRISE
05-31-2020, 01:13 PM
Start Lebron, bench Mo Williams, dont sign anyone good in their prime.

Oh wait that was Danny Ferry’s solution :yaohappy:

Real14
05-31-2020, 01:17 PM
Yea start Kawhi and bench KD.

warriorfan
05-31-2020, 01:20 PM

It’s why “Bench Durant” was trending yesterday. I had to investigate. No matter who people pick to start it seems to involve “bench Durant”.

Start Giannis

Bench Leonard

Cut LeBron and cut KD

Leonard and Giannis are are the best defenders. Giannis is the youngest and in the middle of his prime. He can dominate for long stretches. Leonard is still the best perimeter defender by a long shot out of the 4. He is clutch and he can close games. Due to his health issues coming off the bench and finishing/closing games for Giannis would be perfect.

We cut the two weakest defenders, the two oldest players. We don’t know how KD will be coming back from injury.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2020, 01:28 PM
Start Lebron, bench Mo Williams, dont sign anyone good in their prime.

Oh wait that was Danny Ferry’s solution :yaohappy:

lmaooo

#BenchDurant

Twitter knows on this one

Akeem34TheDream
05-31-2020, 01:42 PM
Kawhi basically doesn't care about the regular season so I understand people cutting him. But he is the player I'd trust the most when needed the most. Best all-around game.

Shogon
05-31-2020, 01:45 PM
Start Giannis, Bench LeBron... cut the other two.

Being healthy matters... sorry, but it does.

KD had one of the most devastating injuries an athlete can have and Kawhi is, quite literally, permanently disabled. His degenerative condition... won't ever go away.

FKAri
05-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Kawhi is, quite literally, permanently disabled. His degenerative condition... won't ever go away.
Oh wow I had no idea. I had been calling him retarded this whole time as a joke. I didn't know it was an actual condition.

warriorfan
05-31-2020, 01:56 PM

KD had one of the most devastating injuries an athlete can have and Kawhi is, quite literally, permanently disabled. His degenerative condition... won't ever go away.

LeBron won’t come off the bench.

tpols
05-31-2020, 02:08 PM

so basically you admit kawhi and durant are better at basketball, but only injury concerns are why you'd cut them.

dreamshake
05-31-2020, 02:26 PM
Start Kawhi, bench Durant. Cut the other two limited offensive players.

Shogon
05-31-2020, 02:46 PM
so basically you admit kawhi and durant are better at basketball, but only injury concerns are why you'd cut them.

No... I admit that they're younger and as such if they were fully healthy I'd take them over LeBron because of age, sure. If you want to extrapolate from that my intentions as being "KD & Kawhi > LeBron" then you go right ahead, but that would be like saying that "Lou Williams > Charles Barkley" or some other blatantly stupid shit that's obviously not true at all.

dreamshake
05-31-2020, 02:48 PM
No... I admit that they're younger and as such if they were fully healthy I'd take them over LeBron because of age, sure. If you want to extrapolate from that my intentions as being "KD & Kawhi > LeBron" then you go right ahead, but that would be like saying that "Lou Williams > Charles Barkley" or some other stupid shit.

No it wouldn’t. Both Kawhi and Durant are far superior offensive and defensive players then LeBron. It’s not even close.

Shogon
05-31-2020, 02:59 PM
No it wouldn’t. Both Kawhi and Durant are far superior offensive and defensive players then LeBron. It’s not even close.

By this logic, Evan Fournier is a vastly superior player to Michael Jordan both offensively and defensively.

As for me personally? I'm better than Wilt Chamberlain.

tpols
05-31-2020, 03:32 PM
No... I admit that they're younger and as such if they were fully healthy I'd take them over LeBron because of age, sure. If you want to extrapolate from that my intentions as being "KD & Kawhi > LeBron" then you go right ahead, but that would be like saying that "Lou Williams > Charles Barkley" or some other blatantly stupid shit that's obviously not true at all.

That is one of the worst analogies ever laid out by anybody on this site.

Durant and kawhi are both MVP caliber players. Lou will ain't.

Furthermore, we've seen both totally shit on LeBron head to head in the playoffs.

:facepalm

light
05-31-2020, 03:33 PM

If you're trying to win one game, you're starting LeBron, benching Kawhi and cutting KD and Giannis.

dreamshake
05-31-2020, 03:37 PM
If you're trying to win one game, you're starting LeBron, benching Kawhi and cutting KD and Giannis.

Sorry but LeBron ain’t got any one to pass it to for a three. His weak offensive game makes him the easy pick to cut. One trick ponies don’t do well in one on one games.

Shogon
05-31-2020, 03:41 PM

Furthermore, we've seen both totally shit on LeBron head to head in the playoffs.

You are a breath away from being brain dead when discussing anything LeBron James related. I mean... you actually become a borderline retard.

TheImmortal
05-31-2020, 04:58 PM
Start Kevin Durant
Bench Giannis

Cut Kawhi, Bran

People forget that KD when healthy is by far the best player in the league.

Jordan96
05-31-2020, 05:46 PM

Post their head to head stats