PDA

View Full Version : April 1st vs June 1st

hateraid
06-01-2020, 02:56 PM
April 1st: 1000 new coronavirus cases
Stay the **** home!!

June 1st: 1000 new coronavirus cases
Let's gather and protest racism!!

You got to love snowflake mentality. Racism supercedes a pandemic. Follow the trail of the hashtags!

RRR3
06-01-2020, 02:57 PM
There’s truth to what you’re saying but you won’t get anyone besides Trump supporters to back you up when you frame it like this. I agree with your point but you come off as a melty asshat.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:03 PM
There’s truth to what you’re saying but you won’t get anyone besides Trump supporters to back you up when you frame it like this. I agree with your point but you come off as a melty asshat.
People won't agree because snowflakes hate when their hashtag crusades are disrupted.

**** snowflakes and how they feel. They should get a big dose of reality

highwhey
06-01-2020, 03:09 PM
People won't agree because snowflakes hate when their hashtag crusades are disrupted.

You should go to a protest and tell it to their faces then.

RRR3
06-01-2020, 03:11 PM

People won’t agree because they don’t like being insulted and mocked. Back when I was a liberal I probably would have reacted angrily as well or trolled you. If you want to point out the hypocrisy going on right now and get liberal people to acknowledge it, you should work on your messaging. Just my two cents.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:19 PM

Best to hit em on their main platform. Facebook and Instagram. And create threads like this on message boards. That's where most snowflakes thrive.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:21 PM
People won’t agree because they don’t like being insulted and mocked. Back when I was a liberal I probably would have reacted angrily as well or trolled you. If you want to point out the hypocrisy going on right now and get liberal people to acknowledge it, you should work on your messaging. Just my two cents.

People are insulted and mocked when they get hit with truth bombs. Which means the message is working. Anything impactful causes discomfort. Isn't that the snowflake reasoning for looting?

fsvr54
06-01-2020, 03:23 PM
I can't believe I miss the coronavirus days. This is worse.

Overdrive
06-01-2020, 03:27 PM
April 1st: 1000 new coronavirus cases
Stay the **** home!!

June 1st: 1000 new coronavirus cases
Let's gather and protest racism!!

You got to love snowflake mentality. Racism supercedes a pandemic. Follow the trail of the hashtags!

Your mindset is the reason those protests take place. Georg Floyd's murder is a symptom of a society where you have two fronts. Us and them.

People like you, name calling others, don't see that both sides view themselves as "Us". You're dehumanizing your "enemy", because it's easier to look at it that way. Just like the attacks on RRR. He gets portrayed as some goblin, because it gets much tougher to insult a real person.

But keep calling your fellow citizens libtards and snowflakes, while civil unrest is brewing, while the instigators hide in their bunkers or million dollar mansions.

That said. Why would a revolution take halt because of a pandemic. It's priorities. Obviously there are alot people who feel their life is more threatened by authority than the virus. Doesn't mean they're the same people who abided lockdown rules. Just because in your closemindedness you lump together anyone that isn't of your opinion, doesn't mean they're the same people.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:28 PM
I can't believe I miss the coronavirus days. This is worse.

Bizarre isn't it? I wonder how the world would of reacted if it hit simultaneously?

In any case it's a good perspective on the herd mentality. People follow what media programs them to do.

Overdrive
06-01-2020, 03:30 PM
People are insulted and mocked when they get hit with truth bombs. Which means the message is working. Anything impactful causes discomfort. Isn't that the snowflake reasoning for looting?

Which truth? Just because you think they're the same kind of people doesn't mean they are. That's the easy copout to undermine their opinion.

Btw I think looting, arson etc are the wrong way to handle this. I just think your take is pretty onedimensional and wrong.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:36 PM
Your mindset is the reason those protests take place. Georg Floyd's murder is a symptom of a society where you have two fronts. Us and them.

People like you, name calling others, don't see that both sides view themselves as "Us". You're dehumanizing your "enemy", because it's easier to look at it that way. Just like the attacks on RRR. He gets portrayed as some goblin, because it gets much tougher to insult a real person.

But keep calling your fellow citizens libtards and snowflakes, while civil unrest is brewing, while the instigators hide in their bunkers or million dollar mansions.

That said. Why would a revolution take halt because of a pandemic. It's priorities. Obviously there are alot people who feel their life is more threatened by authority than the virus. Doesn't mean they're the same people who abided lockdown rules. Just because in your closemindedness you lump together anyone that isn't of your opinion, doesn't mean they're the same people.

I point out hipocrisy. It's not name calling at all. You think I'm the one shaming people? It's actually the other way around. The same people 2 months ago were shaming people who feared for their livelihoods are the same people gathering in protest because it blends with their agendas. People like you just hate it when you point out their hypocrisies.

I'm fighting for the same causes as you. I just don't go out and shame people who don't think differently. But I will point out hypocrisies because face it, hypocrites do things for personal gain and how they look on a social platform

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:43 PM
Which truth? Just because you think they're the same kind of people doesn't mean they are. That's the easy copout to undermine their opinion.

Btw I think looting, arson etc are the wrong way to handle this. I just think your take is pretty onedimensional and wrong.

The majority of people are. You don't want to see it because you fall into that category. The majority. I don't follow the herd. The herd shames people for not following. I have been diligent and vigilant on both fronts. I'm one of those crazy quarantiners and I have been protesting against police abuse of power my whole life. But I don't shame people who don't follow me. I only shame those who shame others.

If you really felt passionate on both fronts you'd lock arms and lead people to do things the right way.

RRR3
06-01-2020, 03:44 PM
I point out hipocrisy. It's not name calling at all. You think I'm the one shaming people? It's actually the other way around. The same people 2 months ago were shaming people who feared for their livelihoods are the same people gathering in protest because it blends with their agendas. People like you just hate it when you point out their hypocrisies.

I'm fighting for the same causes as you. I just don't go out and shame people who don't think differently. But I will point out hypocrisies because face it, hypocrites do think for personal gain and how they look on a social platform
Overdrive is a leftist like me. You’d do well to not lump everyone to the left of the American Republican Party into the same boat.

sd3035
06-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Or he can tell it to the cowardly ones hiding behind their keyboards like you

hateraid
06-01-2020, 03:50 PM
Overdrive is a leftist like me. You’d do well to not lump everyone to the left of the American Republican Party into the same boat.
But you agree with the point I'm making right? Which means you find some truth in it and can see it's consensus of what's going on in this world. I'm not against the situations. I'm against how people present it. Which is why I tend to align with the minority point of view.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-01-2020, 03:59 PM
I don't agree with OP on a lot, but his main point obviously makes sense.

Social distancing and the 'Stay Home. Keep everyone safe!' order is now eradicated. And mostly irrelevant. If the pandemic is what the CDC and government claims it is, there should be a spike in cases here shortly. And by SPIKE, I mean an upsurge.

I'm in LA but the Santa Monica curfew is now 4:00pm. This shit is ridiculous.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 04:07 PM

Social distancing and the 'Stay Home. Keep everyone safe!' order is now eradicated. And mostly irrelevant. If the pandemic is what the CDC and government claims it is, there should be a spike in cases here shortly. And by SPIKE, I mean an upsurge.

That's another point to my message. It totally contradicts a cause we're trying to eradicate. Both causes can be acted upon simultaneously. But the fact is we are still dealing with the first cause. Using a "revolution" to supecede it is to me quite selfish

Overdrive
06-01-2020, 04:22 PM
The majority of people are. You don't want to see it because you fall into that category. The majority. I don't follow the herd. The herd shames people for not following. I have been diligent and vigilant on both fronts. I'm one of those crazy quarantiners and I have been protesting against police abuse of power my whole life. But I don't shame people who don't follow me. I only shame those who shame others.

If you really felt passionate on both fronts you'd lock arms and lead people to do things the right way.

I understand your point I just think calling people snowflake won't drive it home. Also I don't rhink these are the very same people. The most hardcore left people I know were absolutely anti lockdown. Radicalism is pretty similar on both the left and right side of the spectrum.

I think quarantaine is a valid measurement, but as I said alot of the people protesting now feel their live is more threatened by the government than the virus, so I understand their doings. Also the US was in for an uproar quite some time now. The bipartisan tribalism paired with worldviews based on 200 year old traditionalism on on side and overly progressives on the other side with very little space for centrism must explode sometime.

It just coincedes with the corona crisis.

If you want change you need to promote pluralism, not perpetuate the same worldviews those cons do - snowflake, libtard whatever. A majority of the left aren't permantly upset liberals. They want social security and justice, but not in the way a raging pink haired minority is portrayed.

And then there's vandalism tourism, but those people arevretards.

fsvr54
06-01-2020, 04:24 PM

That's insane. It's 9pm here, so ****ing annoying.

highwhey
06-01-2020, 04:35 PM
:biggums:

bladefd
06-01-2020, 05:46 PM

We will know soon enough within 4-5 days.

hateraid
06-01-2020, 06:41 PM
I understand your point I just think calling people snowflake won't drive it home. Also I don't rhink these are the very same people. The most hardcore left people I know were absolutely anti lockdown. Radicalism is pretty similar on both the left and right side of the spectrum.

I think quarantaine is a valid measurement, but as I said alot of the people protesting now feel their live is more threatened by the government than the virus, so I understand their doings. Also the US was in for an uproar quite some time now. The bipartisan tribalism paired with worldviews based on 200 year old traditionalism on on side and overly progressives on the other side with very little space for centrism must explode sometime.

It just coincedes with the corona crisis.

If you want change you need to promote pluralism, not perpetuate the same worldviews those cons do - snowflake, libtard whatever. A majority of the left aren't permantly upset liberals. They want social security and justice, but not in the way a raging pink haired minority is portrayed.

And then there's vandalism tourism, but those people arevretards.

By snowflakes I mean the masses. The SJWs. The hashtag crusaders. Which anyone with a computer or a car to drive around with can see. And unfortunately the world has herded to the newest fad. Not calling the killing of Floyd a trend, but how people protest it, the masses who were isolation warriors, have completely forgotten about the Vid, which as I illustrated has practically the same numbers as 2 months ago.
You may know liberals who are corona woke, but really that's a very small sample size. And in theory should be on my side pointing out hypocrisy.

hateraid
06-10-2020, 12:17 PM
A week and a half and my point seems more valid than ever. Racism killed covid. Thanks lefties for making it safe to go out again! Even though you yelled at us to stay the f*CK home!

hateraid
06-10-2020, 12:21 PM
We will know soon enough within 4-5 days.

Now that it is hindsight what's the verdict?

bladefd
06-10-2020, 02:11 PM
Now that it is hindsight what's the verdict?

Data for rest of the country (irrespective of where protests occurred) shows that out of the US's 3,141 counties, 1,421 saw an increase, 1,198 a decrease and 522 had the same number of reported coronavirus cases since Memorial Day on May 25 compared to the 15 days before.

Someone will need to extract which counties had protests and how that county's numbers were impacted. It would have to be done manually by county that had protests. I don't know which county had protests and which didn't - I'm sure the government keeps a database, but I don't have access to it.

Also keep in mind that we don't get real-time numbers. They are alway a week or 2 behind so we are always playing catch up. The numbers we have today are from last week essentially. That is the problem with a massive country and a bureaucracy. It takes time for the system to report numbers and system to compile numbers.

Meticode
06-10-2020, 06:46 PM
I remember back in April and May people were getting mad at spring breakers going to beaches in Florida and stuff. Now fast forward and you get demonstrations like black people getting their feet washed by white police officers.

https://www.greensboro.com/news/state/police-officers-wash-feet-of-black-pastors-in-north-carolina/article_9d97595b-492d-524e-8d19-f236cc423c1b.html