PDA

View Full Version : How do you avoid responding to someone trolling or trying to bait you?

Mask the Embiid
06-04-2020, 04:24 AM
any tips.I have my own way but i would like to hear even more ways.So i can have a whole arsenal of ways to avoid pointless arguments

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2020, 04:35 AM
Just don't even bother reading their posts.

I have a list of about.. 4-5 posters that I just straight up ignore.

It's not worth the effort, they'll try to derail intelligent discussion and discourse.

You can block them, but I prefer to just ignore.

Stanley Kobrick
06-04-2020, 04:37 AM

It's not worth the effort, they'll try to derail intelligent discussion and discourse.

high iq user:cheers:

jstern
06-04-2020, 04:40 AM

People with high social IQ do this. For example Walk on Water, he proceeds on almost as if the trolls are not even there.

DoctorP
06-04-2020, 04:48 AM
insidehoops is mostly trolls so accept their humor or die

Mask the Embiid
06-04-2020, 05:51 AM
I wasn't talking about for on here.For like a place like Twitter, where you come across a post by mistake.So pretty much you dont know to avoid reading them so you get triggered.How do you not respond.

I have a way but more ways wouldnt hurt.I avoid 90% of the time ppl annoy me online.Also, im not trying to get triggered by words irl and have someone blow my fking head off because i didnt know the little pencil neck coward had a gun.

trying to be a peaceful person is hard, even outside of social media.

Phoenix
06-04-2020, 07:56 AM
When this board went to the new design, 'insidehoops' created a sticky for suggestions. I suggested to improve the ignore function because someone can quote an ignored poster and you still see their message. But, the trolls all tend to quote each other with smileys and high 5s so while I haven't bothered yet, if I ignored about 20 different accounts my posting experience here improves dramatically. I really just want to talk ball in general. I'm actually tired of talking about both Jordan and Lebron, and all agenda topics. And that's only because you just cant have intelligent discourse about them here.

But, I had an experience on an old account here 2 years ago that proved that whoever runs this site is complicit with this trolling bullshit, and I heavily suspect some of these troll alts are mod burner accounts to drive traffic.

DoctorP
06-04-2020, 08:25 AM
When this board went to the new design, 'insidehoops' created a sticky for suggestions. I suggested to improve the ignore function because someone can quote an ignored poster and you still see their message. But, the trolls all tend to quote each other with smileys and high 5s so while I haven't bothered yet, if I ignored about 20 different accounts my posting experience here improves dramatically. I really just want to talk ball in general. I'm actually tired of talking about both Jordan and Lebron, and all agenda topics. And that's only because you just cant have intelligent discourse about them here.

But, I had an experience on an old account here 2 years ago that proved that whoever runs this site is complicit with this trolling bullshit, and I heavily suspect some of these troll alts are mod burner accounts to drive traffic.

yeah, jeff trolls for sure. so does kblaze and other moderators. i dont have proof but its a hunch. i have a message board too. i know how it works. driving traffic is the goal.

Phoenix
06-04-2020, 09:11 AM
yeah, jeff trolls for sure. so does kblaze and other moderators. i dont have proof but its a hunch. i have a message board too. i know how it works. driving traffic is the goal.

Well I'll say that there was a topic that kept on getting hammered with these massive images that were literally making it impossible to scroll. One of the prominent trolls, I cant recall which alt, was going back and forth with me and they were the ones posting these images. I had a hunch this was a mod for some reason. So I tested out my theory by posting a thread and doing the same thing, posting these huge images. Within SECONDS, the thread was deleted. Did it again, deleted again in SECONDS. Then, I got a week ban ( this is the older account that I more or less retired and stayed off ISH for several months) with the message 'if you want to waste time, waste your own'. So, whomever troll I was going back and forth with was obviously able to monitor my activities, delete two threads within seconds, then ban me. All of this under a minute. Theres no other explanation other than I was getting trolled by a mod burner account.

Recently, a few months ago I reported a few posts referencing 'dad killer' and a couple that were making fun of Kobes death. I dont give a fukk what your basketball opinion is but that crosses the line to me. Anyways, a couple of the trolls( I think it's the same person) started talking about me 'reporting' posts. Now how the fukk would they know about that if they weren't the mods that I was reporting, or they're in cahoots with the mods? So I have every reason to believe some of these trolls are mod accounts.

warriorfan
06-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Well I'll say that there was a topic that kept on getting hammered with these massive images that were literally making it impossible to scroll. One of the prominent trolls, I cant recall which alt, was going back and forth with me and they were the ones posting these images. I had a hunch this was a mod for some reason. So I tested out my theory by posting a thread and doing the same thing, posting these huge images. Within SECONDS, the thread was deleted. Did it again, deleted again in SECONDS. Then, I got a week ban ( this is the older account that I more or less retired and stayed off ISH for several months) with the message 'if you want to waste time, waste your own'. So, whomever troll I was going back and forth with was obviously able to monitor my activities, delete two threads within seconds, then ban me. All of this under a minute. Theres no other explanation other than I was getting trolled by a mod burner account.

Recently, a few months ago I reported a few posts referencing 'dad killer' and a couple that were making fun of Kobes death. I dont give a fukk what your basketball opinion is but that crosses the line to me. Anyways, a couple of the trolls( I think it's the same person) started talking about me 'reporting' posts. Now how the fukk would they know about that if they weren't the mods that I was reporting, or they're in cahoots with the mods? So I have every reason to believe some of these trolls are mod accounts.

:roll:

Insidehoops.

Manny98
06-04-2020, 10:44 AM

The LeBron fam runs this gaff :applause:

Phoenix
06-04-2020, 10:46 AM
The LeBron fam runs this gaff :applause:

Exhibit A.

sd3035
06-04-2020, 10:54 AM
I wasn't talking about for on here.For like a place like Twitter, where you come across a post by mistake.So pretty much you dont know to avoid reading them so you get triggered.How do you not respond.

I have a way but more ways wouldnt hurt.I avoid 90% of the time ppl annoy me online.Also, im not trying to get triggered by words irl and have someone blow my fking head off because i didnt know the little pencil neck coward had a gun.

trying to be a peaceful person is hard, even outside of social media.

Don't use social media. That eliminates the problem

Shogon
06-04-2020, 11:03 AM
any tips.I have my own way but i would like to hear even more ways.So i can have a whole arsenal of ways to avoid pointless arguments

https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/9L6_zEMj9YlYLfF0WIV0T0CD4HQ=/940x0/2015/08/27/b2ff7d23-a794-432e-8621-103e9c654ba9/laptop-power-button-and-finger.jpg