PDA

View Full Version : Liberal anti-racism vs Conservative anti-racism

hateraid
06-04-2020, 03:11 PM
I'll start by saying this. Most tradition racists are conservatives. But it's a very small sample size. Not all conservatives are racist.

Here's the difference in how they engage in anti-racism

Liberals identify who are the enemies and they outwardly attack. Everything is based on trying to create a united front and confronting their oppressors.

Conservatives identify the the problems within and try and fix things internally

There's a time to be liberal and a time to be conservative. But one tends to be more productive and the other destructive. One should lean on the other. But there is an obvious divide. The reason I lean more conservatively because it requires a sense of accountability. Something lacking in the world today

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2020, 03:17 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Patrick Chewing
06-04-2020, 03:24 PM
The Liberal version of Anti-Racism: Conservatives are racist

ThatCoolKid
06-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Any person can behave in a racist matter - liberal or conservative. Every individual should reflect on themselves and their relationship to race - no matter their political affiliation. However, what ultimately becomes important in the upcoming years are what systemic fixes people begin to propose. Will you stand on the side of justice? Or the side of hundreds of years of systemic racism? The choice is yours.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 03:45 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

I don't think I can explain it any clearer

LoneyROY7
06-04-2020, 03:51 PM
The need to designate anti-racism between partisan affiliation is in it of itself a root of the problem.

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2020, 03:52 PM
I don't think I can explain it any clearer

It's just the way your worded it -- suggested only conservatives can be racist.

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2020, 03:54 PM
The need to designate anti-racism between partisan affiliation is in it of itself a root of the problem.

This is on the money.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 03:56 PM
It's just the way your worded it -- suggested only conservatives can be racist.

I suggested that if someone is racist they generally are conservative. But in the same quote I did say that is a small sample size and not a good representation of conservatives.

Rocket
06-04-2020, 03:57 PM
I am 51 years old and have been conservative as long as I can remember. All of my friends, family, and at least 90% of my coworkers are conservative. I have yet to meet a "racist" conservative. Everyone I know is colorblind and treats everyone based on the content of their character rather than their skin color. Best I can tell is liberals cannot stand when a person does not consider ones skin color. They push a narrative that African Americans are incapable of doing things on their own and need help to accomplish anything. Liberals seem to only see skin color and say ridiculous things like black people are incapable of securing an identification to use to help secure elections, that they need help through affirmative action, that all we need to do is spend more money on African Americans, etc.... I and all my conservative friends cannot accept that African Americans are incapable of success without government assistance because we see them as being just as capable as any of us are and this includes my many African American friends (who are also conservative). Every single one of us has had to work our asses off in life to be successful. Nothing was handed to any of us and we expect everyone to be responsible for their own selves and not be dependent on others for everything.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 03:57 PM

Not identifying it is equally as dangerous. The goal is to remove that partisan and lean on eachother.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 03:59 PM
I am 51 years old and have been conservative as long as I can remember. All of my friends, family, and at least 90% of my coworkers are conservative. I have yet to meet a "racist" conservative. Everyone I know is colorblind and treats everyone based on the content of their character rather than their skin color. Best I can tell is liberals cannot stand when a person does not consider ones skin color. They push a narrative that African Americans are incapable of doing things on their own and need help to accomplish anything. Liberals seem to only see skin color and say ridiculous things like black people are incapable of securing an identification to use to help secure elections, that they need help through affirmative action, that all we need to do is spend more money on African Americans, etc.... I and all my conservative friends cannot accept that African Americans are incapable of success without government assistance because we see them as being just as capable as any of us are and this includes my many African American friends (who are also conservative). Every single one of us has had to work our asses of in life to be successful. Nothing was handed to any of us and we expect everyone to responsible for their own selves and not be dependent on others for everything.

Bravo. You are the majority I speak of. :applause:

LoneyROY7
06-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Conservative. Liberal. Conservative. Liberal. That's all I hear on here.

It is possible to view the world through a non-partisan lense. What's right and what's wrong isn't defined by some party line.

ThatCoolKid
06-04-2020, 04:04 PM

He lived in a conservative bubble his entire life and doesn't know about systemic racism :applause:

Patrick Chewing
06-04-2020, 04:07 PM
He lived in a conservative bubble his entire life and doesn't know about systemic racism :applause:

That's cause it doesn't exist.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Conservative. Liberal. Conservative. Liberal. That's all I hear on here.

It is possible to view the world through a non-partisan lense. What's right and what's wrong isn't defined by some party line.

Yet both sides hold those social values strongly. Including yourself. You sit here and post like you are-non-partisan yet you clearly have a one sided value and tend to engage with the same right winged people.

That is why I say it's equally dangerous not to identify those lines

hateraid
06-04-2020, 04:09 PM

He said EXACTLY what I described in the OP. Identifying from within and showing how Liberals throw blame away from their direction

LoneyROY7
06-04-2020, 04:10 PM
Moral values aren't determined by being conservative. Character isn't determined by being liberal.

My moral values were built through teachings of my parents, written and visual works of past, and life experiences/discussions with those I've chosen to surround myself with. That's where the foundation of my character and values have been built. And not a single one of those things has anything to do with some backward ass political affiliation.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 04:14 PM
Moral values aren't determined by being conservative. Character isn't determined by being liberal.

My moral values were built through teachings of my parents, written and visual works of past, and life experiences/discussions with those I've chosen to surround myself with. That's where the foundation of my character and values have been built. And not a single one of those things has anything to do with some backward ass political affiliation.

Social politics has everything to do with how you are raised. Again, the fact you won't identify it is scary. How do you explain the reason you engage with the SAME people every political thread? Because you do in fact have a social affiliation.

Rocket
06-04-2020, 04:16 PM
The only systematic racism I have witnessed is affirmative action. Saying one group of people needs to meet lower requirements for a job, college entry etc.... because they are incapable otherwise is about as racist a thing as I can imagine.

LoneyROY7
06-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Social politics has everything to do with how you are raised. Again, the fact you won't identify it is scary. How do you explain the reason you engage with the SAME people every political thread? Because you do in fact have a social affiliation.

This is f*cking insidehoops.com. People here get triggered over the most meaningless and irrelevant things and then write 1500 words essays about it. It's entertainment.

The man who is currently running the country is an abhorrent human being. He would if he were a liberal or conservative, and I would treat him as such either way.

Patrick Chewing
06-04-2020, 04:20 PM
The only systematic racism I have witnessed is affirmative action. Saying one group of people needs to meet lower requirements for a job, college entry etc.... because they are incapable otherwise is about as racist a thing as I can imagine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3XDXN8tBv5KkjRQpJz/200.gif

hateraid
06-04-2020, 04:24 PM
This is f*cking insidehoops.com. People here get triggered over the most meaningless and irrelevant things and then write 1500 words essays about it. It's entertainment.

The man who is currently running the country is an abhorrent human being. He would if he were a liberal or conservative, and I would treat him as such either way.

It doesn't quite answer the question I proposed.
You won't accept you follow a particular political side. I think everyone know where you stand.

LoneyROY7
06-04-2020, 04:26 PM
It doesn't quite answer the question I proposed.
You won't accept you follow a particular political side. I think everyone know where you stand.

I fully answered your question. I engage with these people because it's entertainment and because I find the man who is in the middle of the discussion to be a detestable individual.

hateraid
06-04-2020, 04:35 PM
I fully answered your question. I engage with these people because it's entertainment and because I find the man who is in the middle of the discussion to be a detestable individual.

It isn't just Trump topics.

Norcaliblunt
06-04-2020, 05:02 PM
This thread is kinda funny so I loled.

hateraid
06-05-2020, 01:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/95475020353/posts/10165400986095354/

A conservative POV on anti-racism. As i.said.im the OP

Hakkim90cc
06-05-2020, 02:20 PM
:oldlol::facepalm

/lock thread

Charlie Sheen
06-05-2020, 02:47 PM
I'll start by saying this. Most tradition racists are conservatives. But it's a very small sample size. Not all conservatives are racist.

Here's the difference in how they engage in anti-racism

Liberals identify who are the enemies and they outwardly attack. Everything is based on trying to create a united front and confronting their oppressors.

Conservatives identify the the problems within and try and fix things internally

There's a time to be liberal and a time to be conservative. But one tends to be more productive and the other destructive. One should lean on the other. But there is an obvious divide. The reason I lean more conservatively because it requires a sense of accountability. Something lacking in the world today

What a stupid post.

It has nothing to do with liberal and conservative. Emotion is more visible in one group than the other because it's more personal to that group than the other. Where's your accountability? You don't want to hear challenging points of view because they're uncomfortable and don't affect you personally.

Charlie Sheen
06-05-2020, 02:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/95475020353/posts/10165400986095354/

A conservative POV on anti-racism. As i.said.im the OP

whataboutism is now a conservative point of view? It strips the legitimacy from issues like inequality and police brutality?

hateraid
06-05-2020, 02:54 PM
What a stupid post.

It has nothing to do with liberal and conservative. Emotion is more visible in one group than the other because it's more personal to that group than the other. Where's your accountability? You don't want to hear challenging points of view because they're uncomfortable and don't affect you personally.

Emotions are high from both groups. One chooses to have accountability. The assumption is liberals think conservatives ignore the emotional aspect

hateraid
06-05-2020, 02:57 PM
whataboutism is now a conservative point of view? It strips the legitimacy from issues like inequality and police brutality?

It never did. That's what libs want you to believe. If you're not yell BLM at the top of your lungs then you're ignoring racism.
The woman in the video DID address it is an issue. But libs want to shut that out because she is not using it as a platform. What you view as "whataboutism" is actual called reality and accountability. You ask where is my accountability? Maybe you should actually learn the meaning of accountability.

Charlie Sheen
06-05-2020, 03:16 PM
It never did. That's what libs want you to believe. If you're not yell BLM at the top of your lungs then you're ignoring racism.
The woman in the video DID address it is an issue. But libs want to shut that out because she is not using it as a platform. What you view as "whataboutism" is actual called reality and accountability. You ask where is my accountability? Maybe you should actually learn the meaning of accountability.

I live in Pacoima, California... a city that still has a street gang presence in 2020. I can speak to my own community, and that woman in the facebook video couldn't be more wrong. There's always a huge community response by local churches, business owners and community leaders to any violence. Snitches get stitches isn't some global hood mantra. If someone from the community is murdered, raped or whatever... we talk. We participate. We get active. My uncle has owned a convenience store in the community for almost 2 decades. We live here. We work here. Don't try and lecture me on accountability because it doesn't fit your dumbass black and white liberal and conservative world view.

hateraid
06-05-2020, 03:23 PM
I live in Pacoima, California... a city that still has a street gang presence in 2020. I can speak to my own community, and that woman in the facebook video couldn't be more wrong. There's always a huge community response by local churches, business owners and community leaders to any violence. Snitches get stitches isn't some global hood mantra. If someone from the community is murdered, raped or whatever... we talk. We participate. We get active. My uncle has owned a convenience store in the community for almost 2 decades. We live here. We work here. Don't try and lecture me on accountability because it doesn't fit your dumbass black and white liberal and conservative world view.

Protecting your own people due to a personal community incident is one thing. The woman in the video was doing the exact same thing. Standing up for her community, to a white woman.

I'm talking about accountability when talking on systemic race issues. Most whites rallying behind BLM don't even know what a systemic race issue is. Kinda like asking a lefty why they hate Trump.

But in any case I'm glad you are passionate about your people and want to protect them. I wish you could see that's the type of people I defend on all levels

Hittin_Shots
06-06-2020, 01:07 PM

So u agree with what he wrote? Because the liberals in that sound very racist..

Long Duck Dong
06-06-2020, 02:08 PM
The fact that "All Lives Matter" is now considered "racist" tells you all you need to know about who the real racists are.

The stupidity of the left is eventually going to create a backlash in the future from the opposite direction that even most people on the right today will find unpleasant.

hateraid
06-07-2020, 06:12 PM
So u agree with what he wrote? Because the liberals in that sound very racist..

How is that racist?
I don't have to agree. I defend the people who's voices are silenced.