PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about the black community

LAL
06-05-2020, 03:24 AM
1. Are there any non poor, non violent and thriving black neighbourhoods or communities in the US in the past 50-60 years?

2. I am as mad about nipsey, xxx, 2pac, biggie, Proof, Big L, the murdererd kid in NY, Malcom x's death and millions others as i am about George Floyd.

No protest for them? Is it because the black community is to busy forcing white guilt? Forcing their pitty, forcing their white love, forcing the white man to believe the whites are their biggest issue? Worst is not only the not protesting to save face all these years and murders.. it's the females and non criminals all defending young dumb lazy gang members who turned their neighbourhoods into warzones, danger zones for people outside that hood, businesses not wanting anything to do with that environment.

Do we need to make a list for these high and low profile murders? Some of you idiots around here need to see it.

Im Still Ballin
06-05-2020, 03:31 AM
Holy shit -- what the **** is wrong with you?

Let's unpack this...

1. Yes.

- Jackson Ward
- Before that there was Durham, NC and Greenwood, Tulsa, OK

2. Not all those names were killed while being restrained by police.

- You're missing the issue (why the riots/protests) entirely

LAL
06-05-2020, 03:46 AM
Holy shit -- what the **** is wrong with you?

Let's unpack this...

1. Yes.

- Jackson Ward
- Before that there was Durham, NC and Greenwood, Tulsa, OK

2. Not all those names were killed while being restrained by police.

- You're missing the issue (why the riots/protests) entirely

Past 50-60 years, and all we got is Jackson Ward? I'm going to look into this place thx.

Not all were killed while being restrained by police?? You're smarter than this bro. Killing is killing, you're pissing me off. I could even argue that the white pos cop didn't even mean to kill him in broad daylight, can't say the same about black on black crimes. Another shooting yesterday when some rappers tried to shoot a music video, 12 shots. How many times do i have to read about these stories? I have to be more outraged by white cops? What about the cops that died the past weeks in these protests? Many of colour, including mothers.

LAL
06-05-2020, 03:48 AM
guess who's alt is this?

2012 join date. 800 posts.

****ing loser. Focus on the message, annoying punk.

iamgine
06-05-2020, 04:05 AM
Black community today (not in the long past) actually has 2 big problems that is much much bigger that racism. Racism is so insignificant today compared to these 2 problems:

1. Lack of fathers/strong male role model
2. Victim mentality

From these 2 problems, it impacted all aspects of life. Gangs, drugs, crimes, broken homes, bad attitude, bad work ethic, etc. These are what kept a lot of black people in poverty.

Compare them with the Asian community who just in 1-2 generations turned their poverty around. They even had jokes about Asian parent (very strong parental presence) and zero victim mentality.

Lebron23
06-05-2020, 04:12 AM
1. Are there any non poor, non violent and thriving black neighbourhoods or communities in the US in the past 50-60 years?

2. I am as mad about nipsey, xxx, 2pac, biggie, Proof, Big L, the murdererd kid in NY, Malcom x's death and millions others as i am about George Floyd.

No protest for them? Is it because the black community is to busy forcing white guilt? Forcing their pitty, forcing their white love, forcing the white man to believe the whites are their biggest issue? Worst is not only the not protesting to save face all these years and murders.. it's the females and non criminals all defending young dumb lazy gang members who turned their neighbourhoods into warzones, danger zones for people outside that hood, businesses not wanting anything to do with that environment.

Do we need to make a list for these high and low profile murders? Some of you idiots around here need to see it.

Keep flipping Burgers.

bobopenguin
06-05-2020, 04:31 AM
Black community today (not in the long past) actually has 2 big problems that is much much bigger that racism. Racism is so insignificant today compared to these 2 problems:

2. Victim mentality

From these 2 problems, it impacted all aspects of life. Gangs, drugs, crimes, broken homes, bad attitude, bad work ethic, etc. These are what kept a lot of black people in poverty.

Compare them with the Asian community who just in 1-2 generations turned their poverty around. They even had jokes about Asian parent (very strong parental presence) and zero victim mentality.

are u talking about lebron?

LAL
06-05-2020, 04:44 AM

No he's just giving you the facts. Black people react to situations like a single black mom. Too much emotion, hypocrasy and drama. A father would have balanced things out in your life, teaching your son that cool heads prevail and things of that nature. Same with victim mentality, i see the same shit in my community. Oh well.

LAL
06-05-2020, 04:45 AM
Keep flipping Burgers.

Sorry for being as disgusted with their murders as i am with floyds. Loser white kid.

iamgine
06-05-2020, 04:50 AM

Lebron is just one of millions.

The difference is, Lebron was so gifted in sports since early age that in fourth grade his coach offered him to take him in. He became his father until Lebron was 17. Similar story with Mike Tyson and Cus.

Most black kids don't get this kind of opportunity.

beermonster
06-05-2020, 07:29 AM
Fun fact, studies show that blacks in the USA only have to fulfill these three most basic requirements to have a 98% chance to not live in poverty.

A. Do not get engaged in criminal activities
B. Finish High School
C. Do not become a mother/father before the age of 21

If you fulfill A,B and C you have a 98% chance to work a job that puts you out of poverty. Just by doing these most basic things.

Phong
06-05-2020, 08:02 AM
Past 50-60 years, and all we got is Jackson Ward? I'm going to look into this place thx.
I don't know if you can call it a black neighborhood when 55% of the population there is white and 37% is black. :confusedshrug:

Phong
06-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Fun fact, studies show that blacks in the USA only have to fulfill these three most basic requirements to have a 98% chance to not live in poverty.

B. Finish High School

If you fulfill A,B and C you have a 98% chance to work a job that puts you out of poverty. Just by doing these most basic things. It's really not difficult to fulfill those three requirements.

Patrick Chewing
06-05-2020, 01:23 PM

B. Finish High School

If you fulfill A,B and C you have a 98% chance to work a job that puts you out of poverty. Just by doing these most basic things.

Seems to tough. Rather be a gangster instead.

LAL
06-05-2020, 01:28 PM
I don't know if you can call it a black neighborhood when 55% of the population there is white and 37% is black. :confusedshrug:

Yeah that was the first thing i saw, didn't bother to reply anymore, sad.

diamenz
06-05-2020, 01:37 PM
It's really not difficult to fulfill those three requirements.

it's not, but it doesn't get any easier when you're BORN into poverty and surrounded by bad influences as you're molded into a young man... a lot of times without a role model father figure.

Pointguard
06-05-2020, 01:57 PM

No protest for them? Is it because the black community is to busy forcing white guilt?

I live in NY and will retire in MD:

Uniondale NY
Hillcrest, NY
Woodmore, MD
Friendly, MD
Kettering, MD
Fort Washington, MD

I only did this since a few others chimed in and it wasn't as ignorant as question 2

tpols
06-05-2020, 02:21 PM

2. Victim mentality

asians have hardcore discipline and no excuse mentality. :lol

Hakkim90cc
06-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Poverty breeds violence and drugs. This isn't just a race thing.

I know plenty of succesfull africans that are organized and share a loving home with their families.

Here over in europe you have arabs albanians turks that run street gangs and most of those guys come from poor backgrounds. Those who get educated get out of their shitty neighbourhoods and live segragated and introverted lives. They just don't show up on the news like the other ones so you don't know about them.

I imagine this to be the same in the states with the black and latino communities.

Asians don't count they live in their own world especially the chinese and indians

tpols
06-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Asians don't count they live in their own world especially the chinese and indians

they are the majority of the worlds population of humans.

BigKobeFan
06-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Just listen to candace owens. She breaks down the issue of the negatives of the black community.

Then you got this idiot TI trolling her with the roar of the crowd because they rather listen to a rapper than someone who is trying to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyo_bFBfoOA

tpols
06-05-2020, 03:17 PM
Just listen to candace owens. She breaks down the issue of the negatives of the black community.

Then you got this idiot TI trolling her with the roar of the crowd because they rather listen to a rapper than someone who is trying to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyo_bFBfoOA

Yea T.I. is a clown.

"crazy white boys with AR-15s" is the problem lol yet 6% of the population commits 50+% of the country's murders.

LAL
06-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Poverty breeds violence and drugs. This isn't just a race thing.

I know plenty of succesfull africans that are organized and share a loving home with their families.

Here over in europe you have arabs albanians turks that run street gangs and most of those guys come from poor backgrounds. Those who get educated get out of their shitty neighbourhoods and live segragated and introverted lives. They just don't show up on the news like the other ones so you don't know about them.

I imagine this to be the same in the states with the black and latino communities.

That was me. But i'm as tough on my own people as i am on others and myself especially. We've been trough it my brother Hakim, and we still do. But whoever you are, or whatever community and background you're from, take responsability and realize we all go trough bs and deal with ****ed up people, some more than others ofcourse. ****ed up people everywhere. But this circus show, i'm not down with it. It's not all the way pure, honest and just too hypocritical for me to side with.

LAL
06-05-2020, 03:59 PM

Uniondale NY
Hillcrest, NY
Woodmore, MD
Friendly, MD
Kettering, MD
Fort Washington, MD

I only did this since a few others chimed in and it wasn't as ignorant as question 2

My apologies, i'm mad as **** about the whole situation.

Cleverness
06-06-2020, 01:40 AM

B. Finish High School

So true.

Ben Shapiro says this all the time lol

Norcaliblunt
06-06-2020, 02:26 AM
I honestly think gangsta rap music has something to do with the problem on both sides. No joke. Black people made it while white people promoted it. It fcked up people’s heads and has got a lot of people killed.

DoctorP
06-06-2020, 04:19 AM
https://i.gifer.com/49tP.gif

JAY-Z AND DRE BILLIONAIRES

Phong
06-06-2020, 10:37 AM
There's so much the black community could learn from this speech:

https://youtu.be/oww-4wdrvgI

Hakkim90cc
06-06-2020, 04:41 PM
That was me. But i'm as tough on my own people as i am on others and myself especially. We've been trough it my brother Hakim, and we still do. But whoever you are, or whatever community and background you're from, take responsability and realize we all go trough bs and deal with ****ed up people, some more than others ofcourse. ****ed up people everywhere. But this circus show, i'm not down with it. It's not all the way pure, honest and just too hypocritical for me to side with.

Why bro if it's gonna clean up the dirty police and the corrupt justice system i'd say go for it

Hakkim90cc
06-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Nobody gave a crap about small business owners when the pandemic broke out but now people want to act like they're worried about them because of the looting that goes on inbetween protests. Even tho it's the nike and apple stores that get flattened out.

The agenda is strong.

Hawker
06-06-2020, 04:49 PM
Nobody gave a crap about small business owners when the pandemic broke out but now people want to act like they're worried about them because of the looting that goes on inbetween protests. Even tho it's the nike and apple stores that get flattened out.

The agenda is strong.

Go check out the corona thread. You'll see lots of people caring about small businesses. There were even protests in the US about it but they all got laughed at.

Hakkim90cc
06-06-2020, 04:52 PM
Go check out the corona thread. You'll see lots of people caring about small businesses. There were even protests in the US about it but they all got laughed at.

I call bullshit

Patrick Chewing
06-06-2020, 04:56 PM

The agenda is strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJAse2Ip-A

You were saying?

Hakkim90cc
06-06-2020, 05:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJAse2Ip-A

You were saying?
Really? We're posting news clips to prove a point?

You just made my point. A g e n d a

Cleverness
06-06-2020, 05:27 PM

The agenda is strong.

Uhhh, plenty of people on this forum have been talking about small business owners when the pandemic broke out. If you've been following my posts I've been repeatedly saying the gov't measures will be more devastating to our health and economy than the disease itself. I've been on record here ranting about the estimated 7.5 MILLION small businesses that will be closed forever while we give trillions to big banks/business. I've been on record ranting about how we made small businesses illegal while forcing everyone into Walmart/Target/Costco. This was BEFORE the riots began.

I've also been ranting for quite some time about how the dumbass lockdowns are hurting poor and minority owned businesses/communities the most. I'll repeat

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/news/2020/04/14/483125/economic-fallout-coronavirus-people-color/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-economic-slump-jerome-powell-federal-reserve-chairman/

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/why-are-so-many-black-owned-small-businesses-shut-out-n1195291
Number of working black business owners falls 40 percent, far more than
other groups amid coronavirus (https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/25/black-minority-business-owners-coronavirus/)

NBAGOAT
06-07-2020, 01:41 AM

B. Finish High School

just curious could you cite one of these studies. specifically asking where the 98% number comes from. It seems unlikely you could predict an exact number of successes based on hypotheticals, statistics doesnt work that way, predictions arent that precise.

And yes Asians work their butt off for sure. a good portion who come to this country in the past started off as middle class+ unlike most immigrants however. tht's not the case anymore as now asians have the highest income gap between rich and poor. like no one knows the bhutanese and burmese have like a 10% rate when it comes to bachelor's degrees. add on the pressure to work hard is a double edged sword. Japan and especially South Korea have especially high suicide rates. Tbf US isnt great in their own right.

iamgine
06-07-2020, 06:13 AM
just curious could you cite one of these studies. specifically asking where the 98% number comes from. It seems unlikely you could predict an exact number of successes based on hypotheticals, statistics doesnt work that way, predictions arent that precise.

And yes Asians work their butt off for sure. a good portion who come to this country in the past started off as middle class+ unlike most immigrants however. tht's not the case anymore as now asians have the highest income gap between rich and poor. like no one knows the bhutanese and burmese have like a 10% rate when it comes to bachelor's degrees. add on the pressure to work hard is a double edged sword. Japan and especially South Korea have especially high suicide rates. Tbf US isnt great in their own right.
Just a correction. It doesn't predict successes. It predict not living in poverty.

Also, I think most people when talking about Asians means the Chinese gang (Taiwanese, Korean etc) and Indians. No one mean the bhutanese or burmese. Or Kazakhstanis even though they're also in Asia.

coin24
06-07-2020, 06:34 AM

I brought that point up numerous times yet was told that "flattening the curve" and not "overrunning the hospitals" was more important.
Bunch of morons:lol

Meanwhile small businesses suffer, forced to close, yet big chains allowed to operate as normal.

NBAGOAT
06-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Just a correction. It doesn't predict successes. It predict not living in poverty.

Also, I think most people when talking about Asians means the Chinese gang (Taiwanese, Korean etc) and Indians. No one mean the bhutanese or burmese. Or Kazakhstanis even though they're also in Asia.

well in this case I have a low bar of success, not living in poverty. it's still not technically wrong calling it a success. And all those ethnicities count even if you dont want to count them. Nigerians are unbelievably successful in the US as 30% hold a graduate degree yet they never get mentioned in any conversations. It is purposeful ignorance to not include certain groups when making overarching claims about races.

I'm still waiting for a source on that 98% number that everyone agreed with on this thread. Also a bit tired of asians getting used as a model minority example when no nuance is applied and home grown asian-americans were literally getting attacked on the street because of covid. I mean you even call them the chinese gang Lol when chinese, korean, and japanese society are all very unique

iamgine
06-07-2020, 08:31 AM
well in this case I have a low bar of success, not living in poverty. it's still not technically wrong calling it a success. And all those ethnicities count even if you dont want to count them. Nigerians are unbelievably successful in the US as 30% hold a graduate degree yet they never get mentioned in any conversations. It is purposeful ignorance to not include certain groups when making overarching claims about races.

I'm still waiting for a source on that 98% number that everyone agreed with on this thread. Also a bit tired of asians getting used as a model minority example when no nuance is applied and home grown asian-americans were literally getting attacked on the street because of covid. I mean you even call them the chinese gang Lol when chinese, korean, and japanese society are all very unique

It's different because not living in poverty has a measurable standard while success doesn't.

While their societies are individually unique, they have similarities in strong parental presence and no victim mentality. The two biggest problem black community faced today.

Phong
06-07-2020, 09:35 AM
I'm still waiting for a source on that 98% number that everyone agreed with on this thread. The research has been published in the book Creating an Opportunity Society by Ron Haskins and Isabel Sawhill.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UnGU4E_om8pCxJ-NZ5irhPbTa_A=/0x0:684x508/1120x0/filters:focal(0x0:684x508):format(webp):no_upscale ()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3901988/Screenshot%202015-07-23%2015.27.32.png

Of those who fulfill all three criteria, only 2% remained poor.

https://www.brookings.edu/book/creating-an-opportunity-society/

I mean you even call them the chinese gang Lol when chinese, korean, and japanese society are all very uniqueThose countries and pretty much all of East and South-East Asian countries have been heavily influenced by the principles of Confucianism.

Some of those principles are:
- the reciprocal duties between family members (duty to protect and nurture your children and duty to respect and honor your parents, elders and ancestors)
- the importance of education and work ethic to improve oneself and contribute to society

LAL
06-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Why bro if it's gonna clean up the dirty police and the corrupt justice system i'd say go for it
Sure, stand up against the corrupt, we did the same, many people over the world did it and still are, this circus show is getting out of hand tho

If you ask why, it's in the OP. I'm still waiting for the black community to lose their minds over 50 years of black on black crimes, even important people, thoughtless murders that i was outraged by. All the damn time. Didn't happen, and i'm a person that only believes in purity, honesty, logic and no hypocracy if you fight for a cause. And to make things worse is that damn racist arrogant slogan that makes your demand for white love less effective anyway. It became a bait to ruin and judge "racist" non blacks if they say something about the slogan. Meanwhile black on black crimes still alive and well and protected.

FKAri
06-07-2020, 11:39 AM
I brought that point up numerous times yet was told that "flattening the curve" and not "overrunning the hospitals" was more important.
Bunch of morons:lol

Meanwhile small businesses suffer, forced to close, yet big chains allowed to operate as normal.

Probably because you weren't looking at the actual problem. It was never about lockdown vs no lockdown. Sure you could argue about to what extent it is/was needed but some degree of it had to happen. The real problem is with the disparity in support for small businesses compared to big corps like Amazon. Which all leads back to the too big to fail double standard that exists in our govt's policies.

ArbitraryWater
06-07-2020, 03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1269409734630793219

https://twitter.com/CTUL_TC/status/1269396638411481094

Unironically proposing the abolishing of the police.

LMAO

sd3035
06-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Jackson Ward was a shithole until whites decided to move in and gentrify it

Since the start of the 21st century, the neighborhood's reputation has rapidly changed from being that of a high crime neighborhood, into a popular historic district which rivals that of the Fan, and Church Hill. However, the revival of the neighborhood has led to gentrification controversy, particularly since while in 2000 it still had a majority African American population, by 2010 nearly twice as many white people as black lived in the neighborhood.[17] Furthermore, the neighborhood's continued change focuses development on mixed-use new construction as much as restoration of existing historic buildings

LAL
06-07-2020, 03:32 PM

Uniondale NY
Hillcrest, NY
Woodmore, MD
Friendly, MD
Kettering, MD
Fort Washington, MD

Jackson Ward was a shithole until whites decided to move in and gentrify it
Wow. I hope the poster that said jackson ward just didn't know..

Do you know about the others that places that were quoted maybe?

Phong
06-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Wow. I hope the poster that said jackson ward just didn't know..

Do you know about the others that places that were quoted maybe? You can check those neighborhoods on AreaVibes (https://www.areavibes.com/). Their livability scores are below their state or nationwide average.

Uniondale, NY (https://www.areavibes.com/uniondale-ny/livability/)
Hillcrest, NY (https://www.areavibes.com/hillcrest-ny/livability/)
Woodmore, MD (https://www.areavibes.com/woodmore-md/livability/)
Friendly, MD (https://www.areavibes.com/friendly-md/livability/)
Kettering, MD (https://www.areavibes.com/kettering-md/livability/)
Fort Washington, MD (https://www.areavibes.com/fort+washington-md/livability/)

Look at how poorly kids perform in school.. rated between D- and F. :eek: