PDA

View Full Version : The lost art of the full court press.Who still does it today?

Im so nba'd out
06-05-2020, 04:53 AM
usually only back up pgs still pick up 94 feet but does anyone know of players who still do it today?

I hear of patrick beverly doing it but not gonna lie i rarely watch the clippers.Im not talking about just back pedaling near someone bringing the ball up i mean really getting into them for 94 feet.

Last person i remember doing it vividly was delly on steph 2015.

smh the bball iq in this game is so low nowadays.makes me a little sad....They just dont get it

light
06-05-2020, 05:28 AM
usually only back up pgs still pick up 94 feet but does anyone know of players who still do it today?

I hear of patrick beverly doing it but not gonna lie i rarely watch the clippers.Im not talking about just back pedaling near someone bringing the ball up i mean really getting into them for 94 feet.

smh the bball iq in this game is so low nowadays.makes me a little sad....They just dont get it

Avery Bradley

Bronbron23
06-05-2020, 07:20 AM

You really can't in this era. Your not allowed making alot of contact in this era so you'll get called for a foul if you try. Bev will do it at times but he often gets called for a foul when doing so.

Phoenix
06-05-2020, 08:35 AM
I think the probability of giving up too many 3s keeps this from being a sound strategy now. Years ago if you broke the press the offensive team would pretty much bumrush right to the rim. Nowadays they'd likely run right to the 3 point line with the likelihood of getting up an open shot before the defense can set.

rawimpact
06-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Full court press cant work because if someone sets a high screen 30ft out, where's the help going to be before that pg or sg hits a 24ft side step 3? This is a completely different era... players are more skilled shooters now than ever.

Im so nba'd out
06-05-2020, 09:37 AM
Full court press cant work because if someone sets a high screen 30ft out, where's the help going to be before that pg or sg hits a 24ft side step 3? This is a completely different era... players are more skilled shooters now than ever.
so put another guard on the big man to pick up when they do that. What is curry gonna do going full speed vs a jalen brown???nothing but get that shit swatted if he drives and if he stops to set the offense up then all they did was waste time

now of course you cant run this vs ppl who actually will never lose going pretty much 1 on 1 (harden giannis lebron lou williams ect) they will score or get fouled

but them little shroom guards (dame, curry,nunn.ect) aint finishing over a jalen brown/marcus smart/ og annouby type defender over 50% of the time....i seen delly lock up curry with my own eyes doing this and apperently avery bradley is a presser and guess who else gives curry problems.....avery bradley teams

Bronbron23
06-05-2020, 10:22 AM
I think the probability of giving up too many 3s keeps this from being a sound strategy now. Years ago if you broke the press the offensive team would pretty much bumrush right to the rim. Nowadays they'd likely run right to the 3 point line with the likelihood of getting up an open shot before the defense can set.

nah its definitely effective still and actually the opposite. You can see how hard it is for the best guards in the league to bring the ball up when someone like bev is riding them. They just dont do it very often because the refs usually call a foul. The league wants fast pace with as little resistance as possible. They'll never allow full court pressure back. It slows the game up to much