PDA

View Full Version : What player would you like to be just purely for how they played?

999Guy
06-08-2020, 12:44 PM
I would just love to be Hakeem on the court. Shaq is a good one.

Pretty anybody massive but still athletic and coordinated enough to be dominant.

Young LeBron when he won his first MVP’s had to have crazy fun playing out there. Dunking multiples times a game, the blocking, the rebounding.

Kobe in his load carrying years. He even said those were his funnest years and I believe him.

But if I had teammates and a coach that loves me on a D’Antoni level while being a young Hakeem I’d be so happy.

Just being able to get literally 4 or more blocks a game. I want to feel that. Many nights I’m getting 8 blocks. Many nights I’m getting 7 offensive rebounds.

Jordan is an easy one.

16 Curry on a bad team where he’s have to average 35 or have Westbrook usage is another one.

WESTBROOK. Holy shit just typing this out I forgot about him. He may actually be funner than Jordan.

Of all my times playing basketball, nobody is more arrogant than the guy who can really shoot. And you really see that in the Curry, Bird’s, Miller’s and Jordan’s. There has to be something in your brain when you see that splash at-will basically. So Bird had a ton of fun and I know I would too.

But I wanna dunk and just block everything so Hakeem, Wilt, or young Shaq.

deathawaitu
06-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Definitely young Shaq

I would love to physically abuse defenders and getting away with murder underneath the basket.

Shaq talked a lot of trash and he backed it up with his play

RogueBorg
06-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Moses Malone.

He could go to the offensive glass like no other and his turn around jumper was a thing of beaut.

https://youtu.be/1-fPGqMfTKM?t=43

Turbo Slayer
06-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Nate Robinson.

HoopsNY
06-08-2020, 02:45 PM
If you're talking perimeter players, then I think everyone would want to play like Michael Jordan. He was the epitome of what it meant to be graceful on the court. He had an unparalleled arsenal of moves together with speed and quickness. His ability to practically float in the air and the hang-time on his layups and close range shots coming down was really amazing to watch.

If you're talking about big-men, then Hakeem is up there for similar reasons. He was graceful with an array of post moves. His footwork was unmatched and his defensive abilities were remarkable to watch unfold.

Magic would also be a close 2nd for me in terms of perimeter players. His passing was a thing of beauty in the open floor in transition. And Kevin Durant is a close 2nd for big men. Watching a 7 footer able to dribble and pull up the way he does is also fun to watch.

Bronbron23
06-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Prine shawn kemp was awesome to watch and it looked like he was having the time of his life put there

Akeem34TheDream
06-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Playing like Ginobili might be fun. Pretty good dunker and shooter, gets the ball in the clutch. Doing crazy passes all the time. He looked like he was having fun.

light
06-08-2020, 04:41 PM
I would just love to be Hakeem on the court. Shaq is a good one.

Pretty anybody massive but still athletic and coordinated enough to be dominant.

Young LeBron when he won his first MVP’s had to have crazy fun playing out there. Dunking multiples times a game, the blocking, the rebounding.

Kobe in his load carrying years. He even said those were his funnest years and I believe him.

But if I had teammates and a coach that loves me on a D’Antoni level while being a young Hakeem I’d be so happy.

Just being able to get literally 4 or more blocks a game. I want to feel that. Many nights I’m getting 8 blocks. Many nights I’m getting 7 offensive rebounds.

Jordan is an easy one.

16 Curry on a bad team where he’s have to average 35 or have Westbrook usage is another one.

WESTBROOK. Holy shit just typing this out I forgot about him. He may actually be funner than Jordan.

Of all my times playing basketball, nobody is more arrogant than the guy who can really shoot. And you really see that in the Curry, Bird’s, Miller’s and Jordan’s. There has to be something in your brain when you see that splash at-will basically. So Bird had a ton of fun and I know I would too.

But I wanna dunk and just block everything so Hakeem, Wilt, or young Shaq.

Being a center is no fun. You always have to rely on someone else to get you the ball. You can barely dribble. You can't shoot. Your options are severely limited.

I'd want to be someone who can do it all, where no option is denied and fun potential is unlimited. So if you wanted to be like young Shaq you could - if you wanted to be like Jordan you could - if you wanted to be like Bird you could.

That basically leaves you with LeBron.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2020, 05:06 PM
Definitely not young LeBron. He was clunky with the J.

09/10 anytime though.

Current players: Luka, Zach, Book

Soundwave
06-08-2020, 05:30 PM
'95 Penny Hardaway. So much fun to watch.

Doranku
06-08-2020, 05:43 PM
'03 TMac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEqOlYjbaQw

Axe
06-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Derrick rose without his injuries

Manny98
06-08-2020, 06:55 PM
LeBron obviously :coleman:

tpols
06-08-2020, 07:00 PM
shaq. it would feel like being thanos.

Axe
06-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Ray allen for his long-range shooting prowess

Reggie43
06-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Pippen and Penny are my faves in terms of playstyle while Reggie Miller is obviously my favorite player but I would have to go with Andrei Kirilenko because I love defense and shotblocking in real life.

Bronbron23
06-08-2020, 09:51 PM
LeBron obviously :coleman:

Holy shit dude. Do you ever take a break from slobbering on brons nuts? Your taking this black life matters shit way to far:facepalm

jongib369
06-09-2020, 04:08 AM
Prime Wilt, Shaq, or Gilmore. Would be fun being so much bigger and athletic compared to everyone else. Dennis Rodmans role would be fun too

https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/785115/960x0.jpg?fit=scale

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2020, 04:11 AM
Holy shit dude. Do you ever take a break from slobbering on brons nuts? Your taking this black life matters shit way to far:facepalm

LeBron isnt an acceptable answer, are you retarded?

You literally named yourself after him

Axe
06-09-2020, 04:43 AM
:lol