PDA

View Full Version : PSA for idiots: your brain generates an exceptional portion of your reality and...

Ben Simmons 25
06-09-2020, 10:09 AM
thus your experiences.

Your brain is a reality generator.

If you tell yourself that you can't do something, you're not going to be able to do it. If you tell yourself something is too hard, it is going to be too hard. If you tell yourself that you can't leave a place because you don't have enough money, you'll never leave. If you tell yourself that you can't get that girl/guy, you won't... because you've already made up your mind. If you tell yourself that you can't make enough money to buy that car, you'll never make enough money to buy that car.

The point is, whenever you set limits on yourself, that's what you're going to experience. And if you walk around with preconceived notions about the world and about other people, you're going to experience those world views.

If you want to achieve more, you must believe it.

I am not saying that you can just think hard enough about it and choose to believe that you can jump 80" off the ground and that you'll then be able to jump 80" off the ground... there are certain limitations to this life. But I can tell you one thing that is for certain... if you decide ahead of time that it can't be done, or that things are a certain way, or that you can't... or whatever... then it's a pretty much damn guarantee that's how your life is going to play out. If you walk around thinking that white people or black people or brown people or yellow people or whatever... are out to get you... then that's how your reality is going to play out... because that is the energy you are going to put out into the universe and any given situation.

Do not limit yourself. Do not walk around with hate in your heart. Do not decide that your world is the only way things can be because if you do, you're going to be stuck in that physical location or psychological location.

The people that figure this out go on to change their own lives for the significant better... and some of them even change the world for the rest of us. The power of belief and perception is everything.

Use it wisely.

warriorfan
06-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
-Michael Jordan

DoctorP
06-09-2020, 10:16 AM
I think, therefore I am.

-Michael Jordan

~primetime~
06-09-2020, 10:20 AM
the placebo/nocebo effect can be VERY powerful

live with positive thoughts...try to rid yourself of all negativity around you, and negative people

which means being a regular on this forum is detrimental to health lol

Patrick Chewing
06-09-2020, 10:23 AM
"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - George McFly

Words to live by.

Im Still Ballin
06-09-2020, 10:24 AM
You have an uncanny ability to say so little, in too many words.

This can be summarized as "perception is reality."

Mask the Embiid
06-09-2020, 10:25 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/50ae6676a56a79a6de7e3ce8b7c9be9e/tenor.gif?itemid=5427041

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/f7/dd/c7f7ddf38c10ee499feca18aaf18c9ca.gif

diamenz
06-09-2020, 11:00 AM
my brain is a reality generator.

diamenz
06-09-2020, 11:02 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q