PDA

View Full Version : NBA may condense next season. Similar timelines, way more B2B's.

Clippersfan86
06-09-2020, 01:15 PM
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1270363790450835456

Wow, what a disaster. NBA ****ed up bad by not moving this season into June vs July. So basically NBA is just gonna add a bunch of 4 in 5s and B2B's. Expect a lot of load management.

scuzzy
06-09-2020, 01:20 PM
what are you bitching about exactly?

this is great news for fans, we'll have big games to watch every night

HBK_Kliq_2
06-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Well we will worry about that when the time comes. This season Kawhi just has to play out the final 8 games and he's at 59/73 which is about 80% games played. The pussys can't cry about meaningless regular season games after he busts their ass in the playoffs again.

Clippersfan86
06-09-2020, 01:39 PM

I'm bitching about them risking injuries, forcing a ton of load management from stars. Both of these things hurt the quality of the product SIGNIFICANTLY. Instead, could of started season June 30th and given them a little more time between OR at least used that extra month to prevent so many 4 in 5's and B2B's. It's not great news when guys are constantly resting or hurt. I'd rather have higher quality and 20 less games than packing a shit load of games.

LoneyROY7
06-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Bruh, you’re only mad bc your teams best player takes every b2b off. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
06-09-2020, 01:45 PM

No, I'm mad they aren't starting sooner THIS season. I feel like they are creating unnecessary lowered quality of next season+ potentially causing a lot of injuries and rest. Start June 30th instead of July and they should of been in training camp already this week. I think with the resources Disney+NBA has.. it was very doable.

AirBonner
06-09-2020, 01:47 PM

Lol

LAmbruh
06-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Kawhit finna sit out 3/4 the season :oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
06-09-2020, 02:09 PM
No, I'm mad they aren't starting sooner THIS season. I feel like they are creating unnecessary lowered quality of next season+ potentially causing a lot of injuries and rest. Start June 30th instead of July and they should of been in training camp already this week. I think with the resources Disney+NBA has.. it was very doable.

2021 season should of just stuck with the original Christmas debut plan. This way you only compete with NFL for a month or so. You can also cut back to backs as much as possible. I don't know why they are stuck on the original format so much, summer ratings i guess.

Kawhi was beat up going into 2019 season after missing a year. Then he was beat up going into the 2020 season after carrying a team to a title 732 points.

This season he had a 4 month rest after 59 games and is going to have much more help in the playoffs. Its not a given he takes off back to backs in 2021, just play it by ear and see what happens.

Worst case scenario, if Paul George is actually healthy he can carry the team for 20 reg season games against bad teams. George wasn't great his first year with thunder and exploded his 2nd season with thunder, I expect the same thing with clippers. It takes most guys a full season to adjust to a new team (LeBron in 2011 and 2015 even showed this). Kawhi is the only exception who instantly starts dominating despite 1st year on a new team.

Manny98
06-09-2020, 06:12 PM
:oldlol:

tpols
06-09-2020, 06:16 PM
may as well end the regular season. with all those B2B's stars will barely play.

LAmbruh
06-09-2020, 06:29 PM
may as well end the regular season. with all those B2B's stars will barely play.

Yeah the soft dick betas you stan will, no doubt :oldlol:

I can see Curry, Irving and Kawhit missing a combine 100+ next yr

tpols
06-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Yeah the soft dick betas you stan will, no doubt :oldlol:

I can see Curry, Irving and Kawhit missing a combine 100+ next yr

it is better to perform when it matters, than when it doesnt.

LeKarl Malone has gotten shat on by the very players you speak of.

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2020, 07:37 PM

Exactly. If Kawhi could simply show up for games it wouldn't be an issue but Kawhi has to take every 3-4 games regularly, even in the first week of the season...

Axe
06-09-2020, 08:01 PM
I'm bitching about them risking injuries, forcing a ton of load management from stars. Both of these things hurt the quality of the product SIGNIFICANTLY. Instead, could of started season June 30th and given them a little more time between OR at least used that extra month to prevent so many 4 in 5's and B2B's. It's not great news when guys are constantly resting or hurt. I'd rather have higher quality and 20 less games than packing a shit load of games.
This.

Imagine bran stans having a meltdown if their favorite idol goes down with an injury. :oldlol:

We should never forget that he's already 35 y.o. btw.

BigShotBob
06-09-2020, 08:11 PM
This.

Imagine bran stans having a meltdown if their favorite idol goes down with an injury. :oldlol:

We should never forget that he's already 35 y.o. btw.

Like they did last year?

"If he wasn't hurt....."

Yea, cry me a river. No AD no playoffs in the wild, wild west.

Axe
06-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Like they did last year?

"If he wasn't hurt....."

Yea, cry me a river. No AD no playoffs in the wild, wild west.
Lol. :oldlol:

In the end of that season tho, luke walton parted ways from coaching the lakers and magic resigned as team president.

What a story.

Rico2016
06-09-2020, 08:54 PM

+1

OP is hurt because he is a Kawhi homer