PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry outplayed Giannis and Embiid last playoffs against the Raptors

StrongLurk
06-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Curry - 30.5ppg on 59.8 TS%
Giannis - 22.7ppg on 51.8 TS%
Embiid - 17.6ppg on 52.9 TS%

Kawhi against the Warriors - 28.5ppg on 60.6 TS%

I will say Embiid wasn't 100 percent healthy, but Giannis has no excuse. In fact, I was one of the few people ranking Steph ahead of Giannis last year which should have been obvious for people.

This year is a different story as Giannis was even better this year than last year...but we will still need to see him prove it in the playoffs.

Axe
06-09-2020, 09:03 PM
But hey. Despite all that, don't let it distract you from the fact that curry is still missing something important; an iconic playoff moment.

StrongLurk
06-09-2020, 09:05 PM
But hey. Despite all that, don't let it distract you from the fact that curry is still missing something important; an iconic playoff moment.

What is your definition of "iconic" moment? Steph has had plenty of amazing playoffs runs. Seems like a moment is, well, just a "moment" and pretty meaningless compared to his entire body of work.

Curry had one of the most clutch 4th quarter Finals ever in 2015. He also holds the record for most threes made in a Finals game (9). Didn't he also make like 50 straight 4th quarter free throws?

I also remember him last year sweeping his WCF to the tune of 37/8/7.

Bronbron23
06-09-2020, 09:05 PM

I will say Embiid wasn't 100 percent healthy, but Giannis has no excuse. In fact, I was one of the few people ranking Steph ahead of Giannis last year which should have been obvious for people.

This year is a different story as Giannis was even better this year than last year...but we will still need to see him prove it in the playoffs.

he out played them offensively. The question is is that extra 8 points more significant that what greek does on the defensive side of the ball? Personally id say no.

You cant just ignore half the game because your boy is trash at it.

Stephonit
06-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Unsurprising. Curry has been the best player in the league for the past 5 years, which is arguably the best straight 5 year span of any player in NBA history.

warriorfan
06-09-2020, 09:09 PM
Unsurprising. Curry has been the best player in the league for the past 5 years, which is arguably the best straight 5 year span of any player in NBA history.

:lebronamazed:

StrongLurk
06-09-2020, 09:09 PM
he out played them offensively. The question is is that extra 8 points more significant that what greek does on the defensive side of the ball? Personally id say no.

Complete trash post. Offense, especially scoring, will always be more important than individual defense.

StrongLurk
06-09-2020, 09:10 PM

Give is a rest already man. We don't need another super stan on this board.

Axe
06-09-2020, 09:11 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/ac2e92d355b526a33fdd748a680ae011/tenor.gif?itemid=10227070

Stephonit
06-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Give is a rest already man. We don't need another super stan on this board.

There is nothing to give a rest about. 5 straight finals appearances with 3 wins in the 4 rounds 7 game series era on the same team. Which other superstar can claim that? None come to mind. Add to that records in regular season wins and playoffs wins. Objectively when it comes to what matters a greater 5 year period is hard to come up with for any player in NBA history.

Axe
06-09-2020, 09:16 PM
No kerr, no rings. :lol

Stephonit
06-09-2020, 09:18 PM
No kerr, no rings. :lol

No Kerr and the Warriors go on a run that forms the basis of their 73-win record season. He comes back and they lose in the finals because of his insistence on playing Ezeli and Varajao.

Axe
06-09-2020, 09:23 PM
0-5

FKAri
06-09-2020, 09:33 PM
It's amazing how delusional sports fans can become. Stephonit might even be an otherwise brilliant person in his life but once Steph Curry's name comes up he has a psychotic break. I'm glad I don't get into it like that and am of sound mind which is why I'm certain that Lebron is the greatest human ever.

Stephonit
06-09-2020, 09:36 PM
It's amazing how delusional sports fans can become. Stephonit might even be an otherwise brilliant person in his life but once Steph Curry's name comes up he has a psychotic break. I'm glad I don't get into it like that and am of sound mind which is why I'm certain that Lebron is the greatest human ever.

It really is fascinating how delusional sports fans can become. They somehow think that the lesser player who has struggled to win championships is the best player in the world when possibly the greatest 5 years in NBA history is produced by another player playing at the same time. Boggles the mind.

Bronbron23
06-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Complete trash post. Offense, especially scoring, will always be more important than individual defense.

thats gotta be the dumbest shit ive ever heard. Theres plenty of defensive players that influenced the game more than guys who scored more than them.

tpols
06-09-2020, 09:40 PM
he's way better than both...

shouldnt be a surprise.

RRR3
06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
06-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Also, as to the OP his numbers are inflated by that 47 point game he had. He got locked down once Nurse employed the box and one.

Axe
06-09-2020, 10:01 PM
47 points yet, his team still lost in that game. So how can one conclude that he's that great? :confusedshrug:

LAmbruh
06-09-2020, 11:06 PM
Empty points in garbage time

Turbo Slayer
06-09-2020, 11:35 PM
Can't fault Curry though. The majority of the time he had to deal with a injured team (therefore less depth) and he had to go against a supremely talented defensive team led by Nurse.

LAmbruh
06-09-2020, 11:37 PM
Can't fault Curry though. The majority of the time he had to deal with a injured team (therefore less depth) and he had to go against a supremely talented defensive team led by Nurse.

Lthe same exact team Lebron swept with scrubs

Curry needs 3 all star teammates to surpass Lowry

Turbo Slayer
06-09-2020, 11:51 PM
No it wasn't the same team that LeBron swept. The Raptors got a FAR better player in Kawhi. They also aquired Danny Green a elite 3 and D player. Norman Powell developed from a bench scrub to a serviceable role player. There is not enough credit for Siakam who developed the quickest from a bench player to the MIP.

Also please note the coaching change from Casey to Nurse.

Again bad take because Curry had the vastly inferior team facing against the defensive juggarnaut that is the Raptors in the POs. Klay and KD was injured for some time too.

Axe
06-09-2020, 11:57 PM
Lthe same exact team Lebron swept with scrubs
Are you sure about that?

Cuz the last time i checked, it was actually dwane casey who led the 59-win raptors team that got swept in the ecsf two years ago...

That's why he got fired subsequently.

Manny98
06-10-2020, 02:42 AM
Outplaying EmChoke in the playoffs is nothing to brag about :oldlol:

Rico2016
06-10-2020, 02:44 AM

Tell that to 3ball

999Guy
06-10-2020, 04:10 AM

It wouldn’t be a good argument, but at least you are backpedaling from being confident he was just way better than everyone else.

As far as this goes, people just don’t put into perspective how good Curry’s offense is. He outplayed Kawhi in the finals and it was very clear to see.

But Embiid was playing insane defense in his series, and he was he best player on the floor against Toronto, so this is misleading.

Bronbron23
06-10-2020, 07:30 AM
Tell that to 3ball

Why? Because of his hate for pip? Ive tried qnd i dont think anything is convincing him that pip was more important than he thinks. Though thats not a really good comparison. The gap defensively between pip and mj is way smaller than the gap between curry and greek.

Stanley Kobrick
06-10-2020, 07:41 AM
this is a big moment for stephen curry, it's the first time he's outplayed an opposing teams player in the finals. oh wait nevermind looks like Kawhi outplayed him and we still have no iconic playoff moments from stephen curry

LAL
06-10-2020, 09:07 AM
OP has some ridiculous claims, but i'm more shocked by the Curry disrespect.

Or maybe not that shocking ..

Stephonit
06-10-2020, 05:42 PM
It wouldn’t be a good argument, but at least you are backpedaling from being confident he was just way better than everyone else.

Is that how you interpreted my statement? We wouldn't want you with the wrong impression. Curry has had the greatest straight 5-years of any NBA basketball player.

Many sufferers of PCTSD. They cannot get their minds around the fact that Curry destroyed their concept of reality. Turned them into a bunch of walking zombies.

StrongLurk
06-10-2020, 07:43 PM

My claims are correct 95% of the time...I'm an actually objective poster.

LAL
06-10-2020, 08:58 PM
My claims are correct 95% of the time...I'm an actually objective poster.

Yeah i thought you said curry was the best player past 5 years, stephonit said that, my bad. Wasn't even the best on his team since KD.

95% is alot, no?

Axe
06-10-2020, 09:00 PM
I almost forgot to point out that stephen curry still has yet to have a fmvp award.

He only got himself an egg for his three rings between 2015-19.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQy7XEzXU3fdhvri7fisw-4i7SlCL8D4aPbPRKML7K74cl5_gMW&usqp=CAU

Stephonit
06-10-2020, 11:59 PM
I almost forgot to point out that stephen curry still has yet to have a fmvp award.

He only got himself an egg for his three rings between 2015-19.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQy7XEzXU3fdhvri7fisw-4i7SlCL8D4aPbPRKML7K74cl5_gMW&usqp=CAU

Bill Russell has a grand total of zero too. Shows the value of media awards. Part of the reason the media pretends Russell doesn't exist 99% of the time. That and not to undermine the marketing edifice that is their true master.

Axe
06-11-2020, 01:02 AM
Bill Russell has a grand total of zero too. Shows the value of media awards. Part of the reason the media pretends Russell doesn't exist 99% of the time. That and not to undermine the marketing edifice that is their true master.
Sorry but needless to say, this era is not the 60s anymore buddy.

light
06-11-2020, 02:04 AM

Russell would have at least one if the award existed when he played.

Curry doesn't have one which is surprising, but it doesn't mean he sucks. He's an all-time great supporting player. He's almost as good as Scottie Pippen as a #2 in the playoffs.

But the regular season is where Curry truly shines like a bona fide super star. That's his time.

Stephonit
06-11-2020, 04:43 AM
Russell would have at least one if the award existed when he played.

Curry doesn't have one which is surprising, but it doesn't mean he sucks. He's an all-time great supporting player. He's almost as good as Scottie Pippen as a #2 in the playoffs.

But the regular season is where Curry truly shines like a bona fide super star. That's his time.

Only leading player to make the finals 5 straight years with the same franchise since the 1960s but he's only a bona fide superstar in the regular season. Uh huh.

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2020, 04:46 AM
Or the fact the award didn't exist for 10 of his championships, but you obviously knew that already

Stephonit
06-11-2020, 04:52 AM
Or the fact the award didn't exist for 10 of his championships, but you obviously knew that already

The award voters had the opportunity to give it to him. They had 10 championships worth of history to draw upon with Russell playing the same way but they chose to give it to the high scorer. They gave it to the loser. They didn't recognize what value is when it comes to winning. They still don't.

Arguably the two greatest winners in NBA history don't have a finals most valuable player award. What a joke of an award!

RRR3
06-11-2020, 05:44 PM
The award voters had the opportunity to give it to him. They had 10 championships worth of history to draw upon with Russell playing the same way but they chose to give it to the high scorer. They gave it to the loser. They didn't recognize what value is when it comes to winning. They still don't.

Arguably the two greatest winners in NBA history don't have a finals most valuable player award. What a joke of an award!
Curry has 3 rings and 0 FMVPs, but sure he's one of the 2 greatest winners in NBA history. Pass the meth, bro. Also Russel was the leading scorer in the finals in 1962 and 1966, so even if we go strictly by your logic that they always give it to the leading scorer (not true, and a Curry fan should know that) he would have 2 FMVPs.

Stephonit
06-12-2020, 06:40 AM
Curry has 3 rings and 0 FMVPs, but sure he's one of the 2 greatest winners in NBA history. Pass the meth, bro. Also Russel was the leading scorer in the finals in 1962 and 1966, so even if we go strictly by your logic that they always give it to the leading scorer (not true, and a Curry fan should know that) he would have 2 FMVPs.

2 FMVPs out of 11 championships? What would that say? Less than nothing.

Going by the top scorers in the finals for the Celtics championships that would be Tom Heinsohn (x4), Sam Jones (x3), Havlicek (x2) and Russell (x2). I guess Heinsohn should be celebrated as the greatest finals player ever next only to Jordan.

FMVPs are less than useless.

Axe
06-12-2020, 07:33 AM
Curry has yet to carry his team to the playoffs on his own alone without any sort of help from klay nor kd

Stephonit
06-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Curry has yet to carry his team to the playoffs on his own alone without any sort of help from klay nor kd

What kind of non-statement is this? It's a team game. You are never alone. Curry led the Warriors to the playoffs with sophomore Klay being more of a third or fourth option in 2013.

Axe
06-12-2020, 09:04 AM
What kind of non-statement is this? It's a team game. You are never alone. Curry led the Warriors to the playoffs with sophomore Klay being more of a third or fourth option in 2013.
You are blind, comrade. Blind.

Stephonit
06-12-2020, 09:16 AM
You are blind, comrade. Blind.

Call me when you decide that Klay is a top 50 player of all-time joining the likes of Wade, Pippen, McHale, and Hondo.

Axe
06-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Call me when you decide that Klay is a top 50 player of all-time joining the likes of Wade, Pippen, McHale, and Hondo.
What? I'm actually a bit surprised that you talked about former players in the league when you just started watching bball since 2k15.

kawhileonard2
06-04-2022, 11:36 PM
Well it's tough when you have to go against Kawhi in front of fans.