PDA

View Full Version : Woj: There is a growing uprising of players who don't want to resume the season.

Clippersfan86
06-10-2020, 07:25 PM
Woj has had me blocked for years, so can't post. Apparently dozens of players are starting to get cold feet on the idea of the NBA resuming in the Disney bubble and have been making a ton of calls with the league expressing concern. Not sure if the reason is they feel it is too soon? Or if they just are scared? Or maybe their team has no shot at anything significant, so they don't see the payoff for being a 1st round exit etc?

LoneyROY7
06-10-2020, 07:27 PM
What did you do to make mild-mannered Adrian Wojnarowski block you? :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
06-10-2020, 07:30 PM
Woj has had me blocked for years, so can't post. Apparently dozens of players are starting to get cold feet on the idea of the NBA resuming in the Disney bubble and have been making a ton of calls with the league expressing concern. Not sure if the reason is they feel it is too soon? Or if they just are scared? Or maybe their team has no shot at anything significant, so they don't see the payoff for being a 1st round exit etc?

:oldlol:

FKAri
06-10-2020, 07:33 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?480880-Shams-Players-who-test-positive-for-COVID-will-have-minimum-7-day-quarantine&p=14019769#post14019769

Clippersfan86
06-10-2020, 07:33 PM
What did you do to make mild-mannered Adrian Wojnarowski block you? :oldlol:

So this is weird and I have proof of it in my DM's.... but not sure. He PM'd me thanking me for a comment on a story he wrote. I praised him for his hiring of Shams and his amazing work (Shams was just becoming a star under Woj). Shortly after I went to check a status and he had blocked me! I have zero idea what I did. He sent me like 2 DM's in that convo I think.

fourkicks44
06-10-2020, 07:38 PM
So this is weird and I have proof of it in my DM's.... but not sure. He PM'd me thanking me for a comment on a story he wrote. I praised him for his hiring of Shams and his amazing work (Shams was just becoming a star under Woj). Shortly after I went to check a status and he had blocked me! I have zero idea what I did. He sent me like 2 DM's in that convo I think.

Post the screenshot of the DM

tpols
06-10-2020, 07:40 PM
there's no way shit resumes.

1 bad test and they cancel everything.

Clippersfan86
06-10-2020, 07:44 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/6546db92187829db5a1888fa4b4679d4.png

I remembered incorrectly. It was just 1 message from him after I wrote on his story. Even less clues than I remember for why he blocked me LOL. It WAS around the time that I posted some Trump stuff, maybe he didn't like it?

Clippersfan86
06-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Post the screenshot of the DM

Done LOL. It was one short message, not 2 like I remembered. Based on the date, I'm almost positive I posted a Trump story or something he saw. If I remember he's VERY anti Trump and I was a recent Bernie guy who flipped Trump right around that time in the months leading up to the election.

dbugz
06-10-2020, 08:25 PM
We're on the middle of an effing pandemic why risk players, coaches, trainers and other personnel lives (including their families)?

Just give the trophy to the best team who has the best record with the best player in the league.

Bucks!

bullettooth
06-10-2020, 08:31 PM
We're on the middle of an effing pandemic why risk players, coaches, trainers and other personnel lives (including their families)?

Just give the trophy to the best team who has the best record with the best player in the league.

Bucks!

Didnt you get the memo? Los Angeles and Lebron are entitled to another ring. Merit doesn't matter.

Rico2016
06-10-2020, 09:06 PM

Bucks!

Shook alert

warriorfan
06-10-2020, 09:06 PM
To be honest they should probably play it safe and not play. It’s going to be somewhat like an exhibition game anyways. It’s not worth it. Just shut it down and prepare for the logistics of next season.

Rico2016
06-10-2020, 09:19 PM
To be honest they should probably play it safe and not play. It’s going to be somewhat like an exhibition game anyways. It’s not worth it. Just shut it down and prepare for the logistics of next season.

I get that Curry Warriors are 1-5 this year with him, meaning he is OUT of the playoffs, but not having a Champion after such an epic year of ball would be a travesty to the National Basketball Association. No having a playoffs would hurt sports ratings and lose fans/momentum.

Marchesk
06-10-2020, 09:22 PM

If you haven't noticed, half the country has resumed life as if there's no pandemic. At least where I live the entire city is out and about, bars and restaurants open inside, very few people still wearing masks except employees. A majority of people have given up on social distancing as well. And of course you have hundreds of thousands of protesters and police all bunched up for hours at a time, even if most of them were wearing masks. I can't imagine after the current unrest that the country goes back into lockdown even with a second Covid wave of infections.

Players are young and healthy. They have little risk of becoming seriously ill. Let them play and just pull anyone who tests positive.

warriorfan
06-10-2020, 09:26 PM
I get that Curry Warriors are 1-5 this year with him, meaning he is OUT of the playoffs, but not having a Champion after such an epic year of ball would be a travesty to the National Basketball Association. No having a playoffs would hurt sports ratings and lose fans/momentum.

The thing is it’s not a real championship. It’s going to be much worse than even the lockout seasons. It’s going to be an exhibition match hosted by Disney. Players dont want to do it, fan hype has died down, and it can be very risky when it comes to players contracting and more importantly spreading the virus. We don’t want to see another incident like what happened to Karl Anthony Town’s Mother.

light
06-10-2020, 09:30 PM

They don't want to go so long without thots and strippers.

totti950
06-10-2020, 10:37 PM
They should've just cancelled the season all together, but I think all of the players will be safe if they're going to play in one location.

Smoke117
06-10-2020, 10:58 PM
The thing is it’s not a real championship. It’s going to be much worse than even the lockout seasons. It’s going to be an exhibition match hosted by Disney. Players dont want to do it, fan hype has died down, and it can be very risky when it comes to players contracting and more importantly spreading the virus. We don’t want to see another incident like what happened to Karl Anthony Town’s Mother.

lol What a bunch of bullshit. You'd be singing a different tune if the Warriors were still contending.

Lebron23
06-10-2020, 11:10 PM
lol What a bunch of bullshit. You'd be singing a different tune if the Warriors were still contending.

Warriors sucks.15-50

bluechox2
06-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Leroid is worried about the testing

brownmamba00
06-11-2020, 12:28 AM
Op likes to post tranny pictures

Rico2016
06-11-2020, 12:36 AM

Wha, he does?

86Celtics
06-11-2020, 02:06 AM
If you haven't noticed, half the country has resumed life as if there's no pandemic. At least where I live the entire city is out and about, bars and restaurants open inside, very few people still wearing masks except employees. A majority of people have given up on social distancing as well. And of course you have hundreds of thousands of protesters and police all bunched up for hours at a time, even if most of them were wearing masks. I can't imagine after the current unrest that the country goes back into lockdown even with a second Covid wave of infections.

Players are young and healthy. They have little risk of becoming seriously ill. Let them play and just pull anyone who tests positive.

If that were the case, they would have kept on playing anyway.

The virus is extremely dangerous and is still out there. In many cases especially in the US the lockdown was removed too soon and the second wave might be even worse than the first.

Normality will be established only when there is mass vaccination of the population and that's several months away.

Clippersfan86
06-11-2020, 03:25 AM

Well I don't "like" to. I did many years ago, but that wasn't out of personal pleasure if you recall. Luckily I don't think I'll be in that position ever again to try to MAKE the mods actually enforce the rules. I think overall this forum has improved in the trolling department. It's mostly harmless now.

Real Men Wear Green
06-11-2020, 07:00 AM
Woj has had me blocked for years, so can't post.
No disrespect because the rest is worthy of discussion but thisis the most interesting thing mentioned in this topic.

Real Men Wear Green
06-11-2020, 07:09 AM
Well I don't "like" to. I did many years ago, but that wasn't out of personal pleasure if you recall. Luckily I don't think I'll be in that position ever again to try to MAKE the mods actually enforce the rules. I think overall this forum has improved in the trolling department. It's mostly harmless now.
Now wait a minute...if you like trannies and have certain websites that you like to visit, I'm not going to judge you, so long as everyone is a consenting adult I think it should be legal. But don't turn around and blame me for whatever issues of your own that you have a hard time dealing with. You should learn to accept yourself. But if you can't, it's really unfair to blame me. Moderating a site that isn't supposed to be moderated is confusing enough as it is without being accused of converting people's orientations to whatever. I'm just here to talk ball, I didn't sign on for the therapist chair.

DoctorP
06-11-2020, 07:10 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/6546db92187829db5a1888fa4b4679d4.png

I remembered incorrectly. It was just 1 message from him after I wrote on his story. Even less clues than I remember for why he blocked me LOL. It WAS around the time that I posted some Trump stuff, maybe he didn't like it?

maybe he accidentally pressed it, or thought you saying "brother" was offensive lol

cgange20
06-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Look, Woj may have a point here. I am not going to sit here and say that he is making this up. But, let's be real here. The really good players, on the actual contenders, they want to play. They want to play badly. For Guys like Giannis, they have things to prove. The same goes for Kemba Walker. The list goes on. I do not see why they would not want to play, unless they are truly not comfortable with their health. There has not been games since the middle of March. These guys want to play.

r0drig0lac
06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
No disrespect because the rest is worthy of discussion but thisis the most interesting thing mentioned in this topic.

this

dbugz
06-11-2020, 10:45 AM

Players aren't the only guys who'll be inside the arena. Coaches, referees, trainers and other personnel that needs to be there are not that fit like these nba players and some are very old already.

It'll only take 2-3 person to get positive on that bubble and for sure Silver will be on a panic mode already.

Imagine one of your teammate got positive, the mental effect of it will surely affect your game and the paranoia will surely kick in on everyone.

It'll only take two coughs in-game and no one will want to guard you anymore :roll::roll: