PDA

View Full Version : 3ball: Draymond, Diaw and Andre Roberson have much more impact than Scottie Pippen

RRR3
06-12-2020, 05:13 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

Post 41: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?481084-Hey-Roundball-you-understand-that-MJ-gave-the-bulls-a-2-way-team-right/page3

tpols
06-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Scottie Pippen was like roberson but with a slightly worse J.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Scottie Pippen was like roberson but with a slightly worse J.

This is why he says it: there are a whole lot of people on ISH who are drinking from the same LSD cup. :lol What makes 3ball different is he says the quiet parts out loud--but when he does these guys will rush to back him up, either directly (like here) or indirectly by echoing the substance of his claim while dodging the inflammatory part (e.g., describing Pippen as Roberson level without explicitly saying it, or maybe at a tier slightly above).

Pippen keeps sliding backwards BTW. Just 6-8 weeks ago it was Wade, then Kyrie, then Iggy, (with a detour to Kemp), now Andre Roberson is the comp to Pippen haters (almost to a person MJ stans). :oldlol:

The question is why is this bubble so detached from the consensus of Pippen being top 20-30 all-time?

tpols
06-12-2020, 05:30 PM
This is why he says it: there are a whole lot of people on ISH who are drinking from the same LSD cup. :lol What makes 3ball different is he says the quiet parts out loud--but when he does these guys will rush to back him up, either directly (like here) or indirectly by echoing the substance of his claim while dodging the inflammatory part.

Pippen keeps sliding backwards BTW. Just 6-8 weeks ago it was Wade, then Kyrie, then Iggy, (with a detour to Kemp), now Andre Roberson is the comp to Pippen haters (almost to a person MJ stans). :oldlol:

you arent the smartest tool in the shed. :lol

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 05:32 PM
you arent the smartest tool in the shed. :lol

You compared him to Iggy so why not slide to Roberson? As if it was beyond the realm of possibility for you. :lol There isn't much separating you from 3ball. I clicked on your post on the high possibility of finding a comedic gem.

Manny98
06-12-2020, 05:32 PM
I can understand Draymond (somewhat)

but Andre Robertson? 3ball you're tripping bro :oldlol:

tpols
06-12-2020, 05:35 PM
and everybody agreed with the iggy comparison. Theyre very similar style and impact players both very good.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 05:39 PM
and everybody agreed with the iggy comparison. Theyre very similar style and impact players both very good.

Exactly what I am talking about. Is this parody or sincere stupidiy? With you it is impossible to tell. :lol

RRR3
06-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Exactly what I am talking about. Is this parody or sincere stupidiy? With you it is impossible to tell. :lol
He legit said Giannis Antetokounmpo, one of the most dominant players of all time, isn't "good at basketball". It's stupidity.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 05:42 PM
He legit said Giannis Antetokounmpo, one of the most dominant players of all time, isn't "good at basketball". It's stupidity.

Where does Giannis fall between Iggy, Roberson, Pippen, and Boris Diaw? That is what the world needs to know. We know Reggie Miller>>>>all of them but what about these guys?

RRR3
06-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Where does Giannis fall between Iggy, Roberson, Pippen, and Boris Diaw? That is what the world needs to know. We know Reggie Miller>>>>all of them but what about these guys?
The tpols GOAT list

1-10. Kobe Bryant
11. Michael Jordan
12. Kyrie Irving
13. Reggie Miller

586. LeBron James

1294. Giannis Antetokounmpo

1498. Scottie Pippen

Turbo Slayer
06-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Giannis is quickly becoming an all-time great. He has serious potential to be a top 5 player of all-time.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 05:59 PM
The tpols GOAT list

1-10. Kobe Bryant
11. Michael Jordan
12. Kyrie Irving
13. Reggie Miller

586. LeBron James

1294. Giannis Antetokounmpo

1498. Scottie Pippen

So Iggy must be 1,450 and Roberson 1,510 or so?

Giannis is quickly becoming an all-time great. He has serious potential to be a top 5 player of all-time.

If he wins MVP this year, which is likely, he will join KAJ and LeBron I believe as the only multiple MVP by age 25.

Carbine
06-12-2020, 06:00 PM
Diaw, for stretches of games really does impact the game in a huge way. I remember how much of a problem he was for the Spurs when he was on Suns.

And he was a very important peice in the 13-14 Spurs runs. At times he felt like the best player on the team.

tpols
06-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Diaw, for stretches of games really does impact the game in a huge way. I remember how much of a problem he was for the Spurs when he was on Suns.

And he was a very important peice in the 13-14 Spurs runs. At times he felt like the best player on the team.

his IQ and patience are off the charts good.

he was left demoralized outside the suns and spurs playing NBA iso star ball. those squads saved and showcased his talent.

Turbo Slayer
06-12-2020, 06:05 PM
I mean Giannis possesses the uncanny abilty to dominate the paint and pass well to shooters. I mean we could be witnessing a literal top 5 player of alltime right before our eyes and no one notices it.

I mean Giannis could surpass LeBron, Shaq, Duncan, Magic, Bird, or Kobe in the next 10 years give or take. Crazy I know but I feel Giannis has the tools as a player and mental state to achieve just that level of greatness.

Giannis already has more MVPs (including the MVP this year which he is likely to get) than the following: Kevin Durant, Julius Erving, Barkley, James Harden, Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, and Kobe Bryant just to name a few.

Amazing.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 06:22 PM
I mean Giannis possesses the uncanny abilty to dominate the paint and pass well to shooters. I mean we could be witnessing a literal top 5 player of alltime right before our eyes and no one notices it.

I mean Giannis could surpass LeBron, Shaq, Duncan, Magic, Bird, or Kobe in the next 10 years give or take. Crazy I know but I feel Giannis has the tools as a player and mental state to achieve just that level of greatness.

Giannis already has more MVPs (including the MVP this year which he is likely to get) than the following: Kevin Durant, Julius Erving, Barkley, James Harden, Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, and Kobe Bryant just to name a few.

Amazing.

Agreed.

3ball
06-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Those guys play the same role as Pippen - aka glue guys - and Pippen frequently had bad production just like them, because that's characteristic of glue guys, aka they can't really play and are "system" players

When Pippen was getting 10 ppg in the 88' and 89' Playoffs - that was Roberson-esque.. or Diaw

When Pippen was getting 16 on 41% throughout the 96-98' Playoffs and Finals - that was like Draymond.. except less assists and efficiency

RRR3
06-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Those guys play the same role as Pippen - aka glue guys - and Pippen frequently had bad production just like them, because that's characteristic of glue guys, aka they can't really play and are "system" players

When Pippen was getting 10 ppg in the 88' and 89' Playoffs - that was Roberson-esque.. or Diaw

When Pippen was getting 16 on 41% throughout the 96-98' Playoffs and Finals - that was like Draymond.. except less assists and efficiency
Scoring 10 PPG would be a miracle for Roberson. You are on bathsalts.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 06:59 PM
His efficiency was better than MJ's in the 97' playoffs and comparable in 98' prior to his injury. This is why MJ stans hide behind FG %. Pippen took threes, unlike MJ.

imdaman99
06-12-2020, 07:03 PM
OKC was getting into unstoppable gear before Roberson went down. They were WRECKING everyone. But then he blew his knee out and my man Westbrook can't get out of the 1st round. Such is life. Even though they lost in the 1st round the year before, they had lost to a much better team. Since then they've been losing to teams similar to them.

Smoke117
06-12-2020, 07:06 PM

See I told you he post false numbers. Pippen averaged 13.1ppg in the 89 playoffs.

Roundball_Rock
06-12-2020, 07:09 PM
See I told you he post false numbers. Pippen averaged 13.1ppg in the 89 playoffs.

And that is with Pippen having 0 points in a game where he played only 1 minute in Game 6 of the 89' ECF (he wanted to come back in but the team doctor threatened to resign if he was allowed to play, Krause went with the doctor in the situation). So he essentially didn't play but it counts as 0's across the board for his stats.

RRR3
06-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Bump this thread every time 3braincells tries to pretend he has any credibility.

3ball
06-12-2020, 08:08 PM

89' Pippen averaged 9.7 on 40% in the ECF

So again - when Pippen was getting 10 ppg in the 88' and 89' Playoffs - that was like fellow glue-guy Diaw

When Pippen was getting 16 on 41% throughout the 96-98' Playoffs and Finals - that was like Draymond.. except less assists and efficiency and worse play by a mile.. Dray is far superior

Again, Pippen had a glue guy role, aka weak stats, system player, 15/5/5 guy

tpols
06-12-2020, 08:12 PM

:roll:

damn dude... you really proved him wrong. 13 ppg.

Wow!

RRR3
06-12-2020, 10:10 PM
:roll:

damn dude... you really proved him wrong. 13 ppg.

Wow!
Andre Roberson couldn't score 13 PPG if his life depended on it. And that was pre-prime Pippen.

Reduced to siding with 3ball.

Eeyikes.

:yaohappy:

Roundball_Rock
06-13-2020, 11:33 AM
Andre Roberson couldn't score 13 PPG if his life depended on it. And that was pre-prime Pippen.

Reduced to siding with 3ball.

Eeyikes.

:yaohappy:

This is what I always say. 3ball is the most blunt but there is a merry band of 3ball-ish posters on ISH. The mostly hide the quiet part to seem respectable; tpols is the only other one who lets it burst out at times.

999Guy
06-13-2020, 11:40 AM
Prime Draymond is flat out better than Scottie.

Peak Draymond is significantly better. Tiered up over him easily. Especially defensively. No situation I’d take Pippen over 16 Draymond.

And by the 17 playoffs his jumper came back and he was peak level again.

ralph_i_el
06-13-2020, 11:55 AM

He's pretty good at NBA basketball. It gets a little ugly in leagues without a 3-seconds in the paint rule...

RRR3
06-13-2020, 08:14 PM
He's pretty good at NBA basketball. It gets a little ugly in leagues without a 3-seconds in the paint rule...
Don't encourage Ttrolls please.

BigShotBob
06-13-2020, 08:15 PM
Don't encourage Ttrolls please.

Is he wrong?

Vino24
06-13-2020, 08:34 PM
How many of those guys got mvp votes like Pippen?

light
06-13-2020, 08:40 PM
This is why he says it: there are a whole lot of people on ISH who are drinking from the same LSD cup. :lol What makes 3ball different is he says the quiet parts out loud--but when he does these guys will rush to back him up, either directly (like here) or indirectly by echoing the substance of his claim while dodging the inflammatory part (e.g., describing Pippen as Roberson level without explicitly saying it, or maybe at a tier slightly above).

The question is why is this bubble so detached from the consensus of Pippen being top 20-30 all-time?

Everyone knows why.

These Pippen attackers understand that in order for Jordan to continue to compete with LeBron, Pippen cannot continue to be accepted as being that elite.

So they spend their time trying to reverse history in order to keep Jordan afloat in the GOAT debate. It's a futile pursuit on their part. Their paltry contributions here will not turn the tide.

https://media.tenor.com/images/22c085ca1af5eba9d37670645498efbf/tenor.gif