PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt the NBA sell some of its current teams to new, black owners?

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 07:39 PM
That would really be woke, wouldnt it? Take responsibility for the system of privilege that GAVE these white majority-owners their teams, and sell some of them to black ownership groups. And dont hide behind “there simply arent enough who can afford them.” Sell them for pennies on the dollar, and ask the white owners who ARENT selling to help compensate you, so that all white owners share some of the burden.

Malcolm X talked of how the ONLY difference between liberal and conservative whites was the token appearance of concern, used by the liberal, to gain black loyalty and use them as political battering rams for their own gain. He talked of how white liberals only make TOKEN statements, or donations, or legislation. They never make REAL sacrifice that’s proportionate to how woke they claim to be. So far, 60 years later... he’s still 100% right.

If the nba is REAL about social justice... they need more black OWNERSHIP. If theyre only going to affirmatively act to “diversify” coaches and executives, in other words pawns who have less power, just for the sake of keeping their own power and control... that’s some pretty phony wokeness, right?

Anyone who stands with black lives matter and stands with social justice and stands with correcting white privilege... needs to GIVE UP their privilege. This also applies to woke leftists in isolated white suburban neighborhoods. They need to sell their nice, safe homes to black folks, and move into the grittier parts of town. Take responsibility for all the privilege youve leveraged.

Otherwise it’s all just insincere rhetoric and continued exploitation.

Plain and simple.

Let’s see what they do.

Overdrive
06-12-2020, 07:56 PM
How's your career going?

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 07:58 PM
How's your career going?

How’s your quest for social justice going?

Overdrive
06-12-2020, 08:05 PM
How’s your quest for social justice going?

Sorry, I live in a social democracy with free* healthcare and university. No need for that quest.

light
06-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Something has to be for sale for someone to buy it.

light
06-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Sorry, I live in a social democracy with free* healthcare and university. No need for that quest.

Must be nice. We're trying but we have a lot of resistance to education and health for some reason.

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 08:12 PM

So why tf do you keep melting down about it in the OTC like a lesbian feminist with a sandy vag1na??? :biggums:

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Something has to be for sale for someone to buy it.

What grade level do you read at bro?? :biggums:

Overdrive
06-12-2020, 08:40 PM
So why tf do you keep melting down about it in the OTC like a lesbian feminist with a sandy vag1na??? :biggums:

I'm not the guy posting 5 max word triple post threads a day about a one liner some "libtard" dropped in some thread and then melting down about "concentrating on my career".

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 08:45 PM
I'm not the guy posting 5 max word triple post threads a day about a one liner some "libtard" dropped in some thread and then melting down about "concentrating on my career".

But you ARE melting down constantly about every sjw cause under the sun in OTC.

Why is that?

You just said you dont care.

Why would you come into this thread and engage me if you dont care about the issues? Or, if you do care about them, why not address what I said?

Your posting about me makes no sense. You appear resentful that Im making an intelligent point when youre always failing to do so, and as a result youre bitterly trying to undermine me out of spite.

Youre proving X’s point about the insincerity of your type. You dont care about blacks, you care about your social leverage vs other whites, and therefore only pretend to care about blacks as a veneer of magnanimity. Do you rely on being the self appointed “good guy” because you have no other means of competing with a stud like moi?

Are you mad because deep down you know youre the exact phony that Brother Malcolm was calling out 60 years ago, and that Im calling out today?

Are you targeting me as an outlet for your personal inadequacy?

You neednt answer. The truth is plain enough for all to see.

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 08:50 PM
:dancin :djparty :hammertime: :hammertime: :djparty :dancin

Overdrive
06-12-2020, 09:02 PM
But you ARE melting down constantly about every sjw cause under the sun in OTC.

Why is that?

You just said you dont care.

Why would you come into this thread and engage me if you dont care about the issues? Or, if you do care about them, why not address what I said?

Your posting about me makes no sense. You appear resentful that Im making an intelligent point when youre always failing to do so, and as a result youre bitterly trying to undermine me out of spite.

Youre proving X’s point about the insincerity of your type. You dont care about blacks, you care about your social leverage vs other whites, and therefore only pretend to care about blacks as a veneer of magnanimity. Do you rely on being the self appointed “good guy” because you have no other means of competing with a stud like moi?

Are you mad because deep down you know youre the exact phony that Brother Malcolm was calling out 60 years ago, and that Im calling out today?

Are you targeting me as an outlet for your personal inadequacy?

You neednt answer. The truth is plain enough for all to see.

I don't feel you make any intelligent points, you're just using fancy words. That's your thing, but your points are mostly on kindergarten level. I don't do anything to you out of spite I just think your inconsequent behaviour is quite amusing.

Why doesn't the NBA hand out ownerships to blacks? Because it doesn't tackle the core problem of equality. Just like PC speech doesn't tackle them. Blacks making it through education is a rarer feat than for most other ethnicies, so you will see more white billionaire owners than blacks. I don't know if you believe blacks are inheritly more stupid than other races, but if you don't how come blacks can't make it as much?

Also why should I act through? Not doing it doesn't make me a phony for one simple reason: There's no real inequality based on ethnicy here. Yes, there's racism from some parties and people, but ofc that will happen anywhere. But racial profiling, cop beat downs and such aren't really a thing.

STATUTORY
06-12-2020, 09:16 PM
NBA will be majority black owned in 20-30 years

Le-WHOA-ke will see to it

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 09:18 PM
I don't feel you make any intelligent points, you're just using fancy words. That's your thing, but your points are mostly on kindergarten level. I don't do anything to you out of spite I just think your inconsequent behaviour is quite amusing.

:lol :biggums:

>reaches for something patently untrue
>tries to do what he accuses me of.... and completely bungles it :roll:

Why doesn't the NBA hand out ownerships to blacks? Because it doesn't tackle the core problem of equality. Just like PC speech doesn't tackle them. Blacks making it through education is a rarer feat than for most other ethnicies, so you will see more white billionaire owners than blacks. I don't know if you believe blacks are inheritly more stupid than other races, but if you don't how come blacks can't make it as much?

Also why should I act through? Not doing it doesn't make me a phony for one simple reason: There's no real inequality based on ethnicy here. Yes, there's racism from some parties and people, but ofc that will happen anywhere. But racial profiling, cop beat downs and such aren't really a thing.

I’m... not sure what to make of what youre saying with this. It doesnt seem congruent with the effeminate SJW character you cut when discussing politics in the OTC. So Im a bit surprised/confused by the disconnect tbh.

But hey, fair enough. :confusedshrug:

Norcaliblunt
06-12-2020, 09:23 PM
The players should just start their own league and stream it on YouTube. Since they are already flirting with playing without fans anyway why do they need the owners? Film these games on a smaller scale owning it completely and eventually they will generate just as much money as the NBA.

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 09:26 PM
The players should just start their own league and stream it on YouTube. Since they are already flirting with playing without fans anyway why do they need the owners? Film these games on a smaller scale owning it completely and eventually they will generate just as much money as the NBA.

:applause:

Get it done, NBAPA

Overdrive
06-12-2020, 09:32 PM
:lol :biggums:

>reaches for something patently untrue
>tries to do what he accuses me of.... and completely bungles it :roll:

QED

I’m... not sure what to make of what youre saying with this. It doesnt seem congruent with the effeminate SJW character you cut when discussing politics in the OTC. So Im a bit surprised/confused by the disconnect tbh.

But hey, fair enough. :confusedshrug:

Point me to a post of mine that contradicts anything I posted here. Equality and empowering people beyond handouts is a massive leftist ideal. Accepting that you can't empower certain people, who need to be helped by society is another. That doesn't contradict itself although it might seem like that at first glance.

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 09:45 PM
Point me to a post of mine that contradicts anything I posted here. Equality and empowering people beyond handouts is a massive leftist ideal. Accepting that you can't empower certain people, who need to be helped by society is another. That doesn't contradict itself although it might seem like that at first glance.

The issue is, subconsciously, youre never going to empower and equalize people who dont have the same interests and investments as you, because youre setting yourself up to potentially become the hunted rather than the hunter. What if all those disenfranchised people you empower suddenly decide to use their power against you? If everything is equal, the tide can turn suddenly in any given direction, at any moment. And humans are built to compete and move up, as protection against that very possibility. Thats why leftists like you live in capitalist societies and complain about it, instead of moving to hippie communes. You want the additional control and benefits capitalism provides. And if you arent making the kind of money you want, you compensate by complaining about capitalism as your social capital. But youll never follow thru and move somewhere with true equality.

This is why the 1% gives a pittance of their worth to charity, and why you give a pittance of your worth to the guy living under the bridge. You dont want to give up your own power to someone else. Youll never achieve a system where people willingly share in equal amounts. We are hierarchical creatures.

Humans crave control and certainty in their environment. You dont maintain that by fully empowering all of your competitive rivals.

Im Still Ballin
06-12-2020, 09:49 PM
This issue is, subconsciously, youre never going to empower and equalize people who dont have the same interests and investments as you do, because youre setting yourself up to become the hunted rather than the hunter. What if all those the disenfranchised people you empower suddenly decide to use their power against you?

This is why the 1% gives a pittance of their worth to charity, and why you give a pittance of your worth to the guy living under the bridge. You dont want more people actually competing with you.

Humans crave control and certainty in their environment. You dont maintain that by fully empowering all of your competitive rivals.

It's a dog eat dog world!

FultzNationRISE
06-12-2020, 09:59 PM
It's a dog eat dog world!

It sure is, ISB.

How about a mean side angle, for old time’s sake?

;)

RRR3
06-12-2020, 10:19 PM
"I'm quitting ISH to focus on my career"

*Furiously typing out angry essays about meany pants leftist Overdrive*

:yaohappy:

dreamshake
06-12-2020, 11:14 PM
That would really be woke, wouldnt it? Take responsibility for the system of privilege that GAVE these white majority-owners their teams, and sell some of them to black ownership groups. And dont hide behind “there simply arent enough who can afford them.” Sell them for pennies on the dollar, and ask the white owners who ARENT selling to help compensate you, so that all white owners share some of the burden.

Malcolm X talked of how the ONLY difference between liberal and conservative whites was the token appearance of concern, used by the liberal, to gain black loyalty and use them as political battering rams for their own gain. He talked of how white liberals only make TOKEN statements, or donations, or legislation. They never make REAL sacrifice that’s proportionate to how woke they claim to be. So far, 60 years later... he’s still 100% right.

If the nba is REAL about social justice... they need more black OWNERSHIP. If theyre only going to affirmatively act to “diversify” coaches and executives, in other words pawns who have less power, just for the sake of keeping their own power and control... that’s some pretty phony wokeness, right?

Anyone who stands with black lives matter and stands with social justice and stands with correcting white privilege... needs to GIVE UP their privilege. This also applies to woke leftists in isolated white suburban neighborhoods. They need to sell their nice, safe homes to black folks, and move into the grittier parts of town. Take responsibility for all the privilege youve leveraged.

Otherwise it’s all just insincere rhetoric and continued exploitation.

Plain and simple.

Let’s see what they do.

Didn't take long before OP came crawling back to ISH after vowing to not post for awhile :roll:

MrFonzworth
06-13-2020, 12:13 AM
:hammertime::dancin:djparty:djparty:dancin:hammert ime:

ralph_i_el
06-13-2020, 02:48 AM
All of you are getting played hard core. This is how the rich keep political power. They engineer a social issue that they know will divide people, and then they take up sides of the media barricade and fight a pointless battle that doesn't change a thing for working people.

Don't fall for it, whether it's abortion, guns, kneeling for the flag, or whatever bullshit of the day is going on. Think about things materially. Who benefits from the way things are set up, and who is harmed?

The police enable capitalism. They make it possible to own massive amounts of property without actually having to protect it (or even see it). Without the cops, it becomes impossible for someone to make enough money to own a basketball team.

Sean Hannity owns 1000+ housing units. Without the cops, he would need an army of thugs to make sure he gets his rent. People need to live, and most have to pay rent. This means we are paying taxes for the privilege of having cops who make sure we pay rent to the people who own everything. That's why they hire brutal assholes... they're core job is to throw people on the streets if need be.

If we had a police force set up to benefit most people, it would be enforcing labor laws, going after wage theft, and investigating white collar crime.

Smoke117
06-13-2020, 02:54 AM
Wait, there are black people with more than a pack of Kohl's and a do-rag? Well color me surprised.:lol

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2020, 03:15 AM
All of you are getting played hard core. This is how the rich keep political power. They engineer a social issue that they know will divide people, and then they take up sides of the media barricade and fight a pointless battle that doesn't change a thing for working people.

Don't fall for it, whether it's abortion, guns, kneeling for the flag, or whatever bullshit of the day is going on. Think about things materially. Who benefits from the way things are set up, and who is harmed?

The police enable capitalism. They make it possible to own massive amounts of property without actually having to protect it (or even see it). Without the cops, it becomes impossible for someone to make enough money to own a basketball team.

Sean Hannity owns 1000+ housing units. Without the cops, he would need an army of thugs to make sure he gets his rent. People need to live, and most have to pay rent. This means we are paying taxes for the privilege of having cops who make sure we pay rent to the people who own everything. That's why they hire brutal assholes... they're core job is to throw people on the streets if need be.

Hannity and others would be plotting and scheming day and night to maintain control, and people would by lining up around the corner to be their enforcers, in exchange for a piece of the pie. And the losers would still be the masses with no brains or balls, who arent willing or able to compete physically or intellectually, and think theyll get a “fair share” just by framing their plight in a very emotional context, as you just did. But in real life it doesnt work that way, because without the rule of law, people arent as naturally caring and sharing as they pretend to be on the internet.

I guess you hadnt heard, but that system already existed for centuries. It’s called serfdom. Amusing to hear you idealize such a thing from your microsoft computer, on google fiber internet, with your apple headphones in your ears playing metallica. “Capitalism is the ruin of our society!”

Your cringey attempts at being pseudo-intellectual woke are always good for a laugh, Ralph. Thanks :cheers:

If we had a police force set up to benefit most people, it would be enforcing labor laws, going after wage theft, and investigating white collar crime.

You mean like a federal bureau, of investigation?

An FBI?

We have one of those :facepalm

LoneyROY7
06-13-2020, 06:15 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/Y6yRfR88rvP44/source.gif

"Y'all got some wifi, I just need to write ONE more essay on ISH."

HylianNightmare
06-13-2020, 08:19 AM
Why should they have to

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2020, 03:30 PM
Why should they have to

Because they believe in white privilege, and all the ways theyve been allowed to benefit from it, and it’s time to disavow it for good?

Im not saying I personally think they have any obligation to sell it. But I dont pay continuous phony lip service to woke idealism the way the NBA does.

Mark Cuban just said recently white people need to stop running from white privilege.

Okay, well a great start for him would be to sell his team to black owners, so the black community can start to gain top level equity and sway among such institutions as professional sports.

:confusedshrug:

ralph_i_el
06-13-2020, 11:09 PM
Hannity and others would be plotting and scheming day and night to maintain control, and people would by lining up around the corner to be their enforcers, in exchange for a piece of the pie. And the losers would still be the masses with no brains or balls, who arent willing or able to compete physically or intellectually, and think theyll get a “fair share” just by framing their plight in a very emotional context, as you just did. But in real life it doesnt work that way, because without the rule of law, people arent as naturally caring and sharing as they pretend to be on the internet.

I guess you hadnt heard, but that system already existed for centuries. It’s called serfdom. Amusing to hear you idealize such a thing from your microsoft computer, on google fiber internet, with your apple headphones in your ears playing metallica. “Capitalism is the ruin of our society!”

Your cringey attempts at being pseudo-intellectual woke are always good for a laugh, Ralph. Thanks :cheers:

You mean like a federal bureau, of investigation?

An FBI?

We have one of those :facepalm

What's cringy is making everything personal like this, on a forum where you don't actually know anyone.

Prosecution of white collar crimes are at an all time low. Tax evasion is so easy it's a joke. It's a sign that the government is wholly on the side of capital. The solution to serfdom isn't decentralize it and support it with the power of the state. A huge number of people are forced to work gig economy "jobs" because it obscures the fact that all these people are basically personal servants on the edge of poverty. This doesn't have to happen.

I would argue that having a system that encourages that consolidation of capital increases the number of people who "aren't willing or able to compete physically or intellectually", who end up with a big pile of cash. I'm from a wealthy family in one of the richest parts of America. I know so many absolute idiots with fat bank accounts, great jobs, and successful businesses. They got their because of who their daddy is. About 40% of wealth is inherited, and a good portion of the remaining wealth up for grabs goes to people with family advantages (like me). I really could tell endless stories about this. My bud who inherited 3 McDonalds isn't "competing physically or intellectually"

Microsoft had to be broken up because it became a monopoly. The DoD invented the internet, and ever since it's been turned over to the private telecom cartel our speeds have fallen behind and our prices have risen like crazy. The point of having a government is to solve collective problems like this, not create situations for businesses to milk people. Many companies (like Apple) profit from slavery in the 3rd world. Should I keep my mouth shut because it benefits me?

I was going to delete my original post, but for some reason edits/deleting are disabled. I need to stop falling for obvious trollbait.

Im Still Ballin
06-14-2020, 08:01 AM
What's cringy is making everything personal like this, on a forum where you don't actually know anyone.

Prosecution of white collar crimes are at an all time low. Tax evasion is so easy it's a joke. It's a sign that the government is wholly on the side of capital. The solution to serfdom isn't decentralize it and support it with the power of the state. A huge number of people are forced to work gig economy "jobs" because it obscures the fact that all these people are basically personal servants on the edge of poverty. This doesn't have to happen.

I would argue that having a system that encourages that consolidation of capital increases the number of people who "aren't willing or able to compete physically or intellectually", who end up with a big pile of cash. I'm from a wealthy family in one of the richest parts of America. I know so many absolute idiots with fat bank accounts, great jobs, and successful businesses. They got their because of who their daddy is. About 40% of wealth is inherited, and a good portion of the remaining wealth up for grabs goes to people with family advantages (like me). I really could tell endless stories about this. My bud who inherited 3 McDonalds isn't "competing physically or intellectually"

Microsoft had to be broken up because it became a monopoly. The DoD invented the internet, and ever since it's been turned over to the private telecom cartel our speeds have fallen behind and our prices have risen like crazy. The point of having a government is to solve collective problems like this, not create situations for businesses to milk people. Many companies (like Apple) profit from slavery in the 3rd world. Should I keep my mouth shut because it benefits me?

I was going to delete my original post, but for some reason edits/deleting are disabled. I need to stop falling for obvious trollbait.

Really good post.

ralph_i_el
06-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Really good post.

Thanks

PoutinPippin
06-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Why would they need to arbitrarily do that?

totti950
06-14-2020, 06:50 PM
If there are any teams for sale then sure why not.